GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT So far this morning the woods have given abundantly.. Opened my back door and felt something fall on my arm. I brushed it away and looked down and it was a scorpion. I was putting lotion on my legs, dry skin another gift of the woods, and found a tick on my ankle. Please no more today. I am itching all over. :) jmo

OBE,in your latest post ^^^^, are you saying the perp went back to the house and then beheaded Mr. D? Wow, this perp sure had no fear that someone else had not stopped by, or he would not be seen! Seems a bit risky to make a return visit to the crime scene. Do you think it was an afterthought?

What is pine straw? Is it something you purchase. What purpose does it serve? My only issue is I don't see any pine trees. I have pine needles all over my land and if it can be used for something useful I would like to know. Thanks.

Pine needles are the same thing to what this Georgia girl calls pinestraw. I buy bales and bales of pinestraw to cover bare spots in my flower gardens. Some people used pinebark mulch, but i like the look of pinestraw.

To me, it looks like the brownish yard area is covered with pinestraw. I might be wrong.

PS you will get a kick out of this. I had a wealthy widow living nextdoor and she would borrow a pickup truck and drive up and down the street raking up fresh pineneedles for her flower beds. She said they looked better than the old needles that were packed in bales at the garden center.

What is pine straw? Is it something you purchase. What purpose does it serve? My only issue is I don't see any pine trees. I have pine needles all over my land and if it can be used for something useful I would like to know. Thanks.

Pine straw/ Pine needles. I have them too! Make great mulch for acid-loving plants (azaleas, hostas, lots of annuals, blueberry bushes).

I'll chime in

Just wanted to say that we can't drive around to the back of our lot on sinclair because it's narrow and because of the set up we have outside, so I end of dragging many a heavy item myself if I have to, bags over my shoulder if I have mulch or something but it's not the weight, it's the manipulation of something that heavy, it's amazing what you can do when you can avoid using all your strenght, i'd say they would drag a body on a tarp down hill, they were'nt concerned abuot damaging anything at that point, referring to dragging something down the steps as opposed to in the yard, of course, if they had dragged something int he straw beds you can see on the pics, anyone that had seen may have thought they were dragging something out there to work in the flower bed area possibly? Or if anyone saw anythign at all, maybe at a glance if anything

Also, at our place, you can't get the boat up to the sea wall as the water is lower than at the dock, gradual incline in the land under the water from front of dock to the seawall, i imagine they'd have had to load anything or anyone at the dock but those lights they have probably dont' emit a lot of light, just really illumate enough light to see where you walk at night, not sure about the pole lamp light at the shore, maybe a little more light, if it was on, if it's solar, probably not a lot of light that anyone could really see anything

We dont' even know if anyone was home across the lake or at the front of the cove near the D's, though in the daylight I'm sure anything could be seen by neighbors

the trees on google are misleading, it's an overhead view
If on the ground, unless leyland cypress type trees, the leaves on trees dont' go all teh way down to the ground, you see tree trunks and open water, ours is that way anyway

Hope this pic shows up.

My latest thoughts (seems I have different ones every day). Will some men please chime-in on this. How would you get a dead body weighting 158 lbs down to the river by yourself?

Would you drag them down the sidewalk and steps? Would you thrown them over your shoulder and be able to walk down the sidewalk and steps?

Would you either drag or shoulder carry them down through the pinestraw?

Would your boat be at the dock or over near the sea wall?

I don't think one person could have done this alone without leaving a bunch of evidence.

Pine needles are the same thing to what this Georgia girl calls pinestraw. I buy bales and bales of pinestraw to cover bare spots in my flower gardens. Some people used pinebark mulch, but i like the look of pinestraw.

To me, it looks like the brownish yard area is covered with pinestraw. I might be wrong.

PS you will get a kick out of this. I had a wealthy widow living nextdoor and she would borrow a pickup truck and drive up and down the street raking up fresh pineneedles for her flower beds. She said they looked better than the old needles that were packed in bales at the garden center.

That's a hoot!!. Give me her number and she can come and rake my yard. I have to pay people to do it. lol

Pine straw/ Pine needles. I have them too! Make great mulch for acid-loving plants (azaleas, hostas, lots of annuals, blueberry bushes).

I thought they were just food for snakes to hide in. Guess I need to get a book on how to live in the woods of E. Texas. lol

I don't know why I said 'food'. I meant places. Must be hungry.

I think I have to go with the theory of OBE and TK and Mrs. D's body being drug by a tarp and therefore I do think it could have been committed by one person. Dragging something with a tarp across pine straw is pretty easy. Pine straw is some kind of slippery. Thanks TK and OBE.

I thought they were just food for snakes to hide in. Guess I need to get a book on how to live in the woods of E. Texas. lol

Copperheads blend in real well so be careful. Also, there is a rattler that likes them too, but I have never come across one.

Scorpions are dreadful creatures. They love water meters, etc. Their sting is bad. I am feeling your pain mck16. :seeya:

Hope this pic shows up.

My latest thoughts (seems I have different ones every day). Will some men please chime-in on this. How would you get a dead body weighting 158 lbs down to the river by yourself?

Would you drag them down the sidewalk and steps? Would you thrown them over your shoulder and be able to walk down the sidewalk and steps?

Would you either drag or shoulder carry them down through the pinestraw?

Would your boat be at the dock or over near the sea wall?

I don't think one person could have done this alone without leaving a bunch of evidence.

Hickory Born, carrying a deceased person is analogous to attempting to carry a sack of potatoes or a large water balloon; very difficult.. The removal or transport of a body could easily be accomplished by use of a tarp. Due to the downhill grade to the lake and the pine staw. This could easily be accomplished by only one person, imo. But, there would have been obvious signs of dragging in the pine straw if this method had been used.

Imo, SD was alive when transported by the perp/s from the residence. We do not know where she was murdered or how long she was kept alive before her body was anchored in the lake. With the activity on the lake, imo it would be reasonable to conclude that SD's body had not surfaced very long before discovery. Two weeks seems like a very long time for a body to surface, imo.

I've witnessed several drownings in the frigid waters of the Chattahoochee river while with AFD and can't remember any that took 2 weeks to surface.

That's a hoot!!. Give me her number and she can come and rake my yard. I have to pay people to do it. lol

Me too. Can't give the stuff away! I have a book on weaving baskets with pine needles which are gorgeous, but I haven't attempted to weave it. The straw can be dyed too.

I'll chime in

Just wanted to say that we can't drive around to the back of our lot on sinclair because it's narrow and because of the set up we have outside, so I end of dragging many a heavy item myself if I have to, bags over my shoulder if I have mulch or something but it's not the weight, it's the manipulation of something that heavy, it's amazing what you can do when you can avoid using all your strenght, i'd say they would drag a body on a tarp down hill, they were'nt concerned abuot damaging anything at that point, referring to dragging something down the steps as opposed to in the yard, of course, if they had dragged something int he straw beds you can see on the pics, anyone that had seen may have thought they were dragging something out there to work in the flower bed area possibly? Or if anyone saw anythign at all, maybe at a glance if anything

Also, at our place, you can't get the boat up to the sea wall as the water is lower than at the dock, gradual incline in the land under the water from front of dock to the seawall, i imagine they'd have had to load anything or anyone at the dock but those lights they have probably dont' emit a lot of light, just really illumate enough light to see where you walk at night, not sure about the pole lamp light at the shore, maybe a little more light, if it was on, if it's solar, probably not a lot of light that anyone could really see anything

We dont' even know if anyone was home across the lake or at the front of the cove near the D's, though in the daylight I'm sure anything could be seen by neighbors

the trees on google are misleading, it's an overhead view
If on the ground, unless leyland cypress type trees, the leaves on trees dont' go all teh way down to the ground, you see tree trunks and open water, ours is that way anyway

Thanks Tomkat. I was wondering if the water would be deep enough at the sea wall for a boat.

If I should happened to visit your lake place would I be able to see a tarp just sitting around? We did not have tarps just sitting around our lake place...but that was back in the 50s & 60s.

Ok, so the Malaysia Flight 370. There is now a whistle blower REWARD ($5million!) offerered to anyone who can come forward and give information that can lead to key information in the missing jetliner case??

Reminds me of this

How do we feel about the Malaysia flight 370? Any chance it'll be found or anyone will know anythign?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/06/06/missing-plane-search-reward/10050933/

The inmarsat pings are/were a red herring. The plane crashed close to last radar contact where there are two or more plausible eyewitnesses. Sailor, drilling rig operator, fisherman.

There also is seismic data and underwater sound sensor data suggesting impact far further nirth than the current s3arch area. Then you have a sighting in maldives as well as a recovered fire bottle. Yes a fire bottle, not some diving apparatus.

Hickory Born, carrying a deceased person is analogous to attempting to carry a sack of potatoes or a large water balloon; very difficult.. The removal or transport of a body could easily be accomplished by use of a tarp. Due to the downhill grade to the lake and the pine staw. This could easily be accomplished by only one person, imo. But, there would have been obvious signs of dragging in the pine straw if this method had been used.

Imo, SD was alive when transported by the perp/s from the residence. We do not know where she was murdered or how long she was kept alive before her body was anchored in the lake. With the activity on the lake, imo it would be reasonable to conclude that SD's body had not surfaced very long before discovery. Two weeks seems like a very long time for a body to surface, imo.

I've witnessed several drownings in the frigid waters of the Chattahoochee river while with AFD and can't remember any that took 2 weeks to surface.

Ugh! Hadn't thought about leaving a track. Hard to think about her being kept alive longer. Would weighing the body down slow it to rise by a week?

OBE,in your latest post ^^^^, are you saying the perp went back to the house and then beheaded Mr. D? Wow, this perp sure had no fear that someone else had not stopped by, or he would not be seen! Seems a bit risky to make a return visit to the crime scene. Do you think it was an afterthought?

Good morning!

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It makes it so much easier and less complex. It also takes away a lot of movements that would have to be done, imo.

We have to remember that murderers are already high risk takers in the first place. They do take risks and chances that no law abiding citizen would ever think of doing.

I still say he knows those properties around GW in that particular area like the back of his hand. I also think he did all of the decapitation and disposal in the dead of night. Darkness was his cover and he knew everyone's habits who lived in that area and knew they were sleeping and that all the lights around the Dermonds were off. IMO

I am not sure if it was an after thought or not. I do think after he had murdered them both he may have sat there quite awhile thinking about what he needed to do and how and why. Even plans of murderers never go exactly as they planned it. They change their plans according to what they see is as an necessity to avoid detection. Or they think of something new and add that to the original plan.

IMO

Copperheads blend in real well so be careful. Also, there is a rattler that likes them too, but I have never come across one.

Scorpions are dreadful creatures. They love water meters, etc. Their sting is bad. I am feeling your pain mck16. :seeya:

Had a copperhead bite one of my dogs, but other than that haven't seen one. I killed 3 scorpions in my house one morning. I've got those strips that trap bugs, etc. and they work really well. Also have Terminex, but I think that just puts them on the run. lol

Me too. Can't give the stuff away! I have a book on weaving baskets with pine needles which are gorgeous, but I haven't attempted to weave it. The straw can be dyed too.

Dyed straw would be interesting in a flower bed or pot. jmo

That is what I meant when I said "without leaving a bunch of evidence." Also, if one person alone dragged a body wrapped up in a tarp down those steps, wouldn't there be tarp fibers on the steps?

Morning TK! :seeya: Horrible tragedy! I have no clue if they will turn up anything, but that is a mighty big reward. I read it as they are seeking to raise $5 million and then $3 million of that will go to the whistleblower. I'm sure that is enough money to bring some people out of the woods so to say. Will have to see if the information matches up with any viable evidence. I'm interested.

was amazed at the reward ! $3-$5 Million

as opposed to $63k in this case, their lives are worth more than that IMO!

I have even read about cases where the perp went back and placed leaves, straw back in an area to cover up any of the drag marks.

As LE has been saying for years... more and more murderers are getting smarter.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member