GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost:

HMMM, very interesting, seems they have narrowed it down more!

Yeah the blood pools to the lowest part of the body thats on the ground depending on how the body is laying

so maybe not another location, I agree, maybe just time for all that blood to settle so there isn't a big mess

I think I have to go with the theory of OBE and TK and Mrs. D's body being drug by a tarp and therefore I do think it could have been committed by one person. Dragging something with a tarp across pine straw is pretty easy. Pine straw is some kind of slippery. Thanks TK and OBE.

IT IS THAT< would make it VERY easy, even easier than moving a fridge with a rug! haha, done that too!!

if transporting a body from the house to the water I might roll it rather than drag it. Let the slope help with the hard work.

Thanks Tomkat. I was wondering if the water would be deep enough at the sea wall for a boat.

If I should happened to visit your lake place would I be able to see a tarp just sitting around? We did not have tarps just sitting around our lake place...but that was back in the 50s & 60s.

HMM< yes you would but I didn't do it!!! LOL

We use them to cover firewood and the boat !

SO with that said, maybe the D's did too for some reason!!

That is what I meant when I said "without leaving a bunch of evidence." Also, if one person alone dragged a body wrapped up in a tarp down those steps, wouldn't there be tarp fibers on the steps?

Maybe or maybe not. It depends on how new the tarp was or if it got snagged on any of the steps going down.

I sure hope he left fibers though that he may not have seen or thought about if he used a tarp to get the body to the boat area.

But now I am not even convinced he used the Dermond boat dock and may have just taken Shirley out of his own house and down to his own boat dock.

All he would have to do is go by the garage first to decapitate Russ.......put his head in garbage bags and go right back to his own dock to leave. That way it takes away the risk altogether of his boat ever being seen at their boat dock.

See I told you my opinions are always changing.:floorlaugh:

IMO

Copperheads blend in real well so be careful. Also, there is a rattler that likes them too, but I have never come across one.

Scorpions are dreadful creatures. They love water meters, etc. Their sting is bad. I am feeling your pain mck16. :seeya:

WHOA thanks for the warning! We turn our meter off every time we leave, i always look in there to make sure no snakes

However, my rental in town near Byron, not near water, my tenants had the pleasure of a visiting scorpion while they slept ! bit her neck, said it stung like crazy !

seen a dead scorpion at our place 20 years ago, never seen another but I will be on the look out now !!

Pine straw/ Pine needles. I have them too! Make great mulch for acid-loving plants (azaleas, hostas, lots of annuals, blueberry bushes).

WOW< did not know that !! thanks for the tip, I use pinestraw in my beds mostly, dont' like the bark as good, just preference I guess, and it's abundant in GA

Ugh! Hadn't thought about leaving a track. Hard to think about her being kept alive longer. Would weighing the body down slow it to rise by a week?

in the previous thread, I had asked a similar quedstion, the body was expected to have risen by the saturday after the murder, the saturday BEFORE the discovery

I had inquired about why so long also and had wondered if she may have been held hostage a week after the RD murder the reason she rose later than expected

the response was that the water was cooler so that the decomp was probably slower than normal and/or she may have been tethered or anchored and the time she was discovered was normal for these conditions, one or both

if transporting a body from the house to the water I might roll it rather than drag it. Let the slope help with the hard work.

maybe a pinestraw bale, I dont' think a body would roll easily, too flat to the ground, I cant roll bags of mulch or cow dung, haha,

unless a steeper incline, even at that, might be more of a drop than a roll IMO

they may indeed have fibers onthe steps, it did rain a lot didnt' it so pinesraw will lay flat again in that but a clear streak moving all the straw in beds leaving raw ground showing would be quite obvious

Good morning!

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It makes it so much easier and less complex. It also takes away a lot of movements that would have to be done, imo.

We have to remember that murderers are already high risk takers in the first place. They do take risks and chances that no law abiding citizen would ever think of doing.

I still say he knows those properties around GW in that particular area like the back of his hand. I also think he did all of the decapitation and disposal in the dead of night. Darkness was his cover and he knew everyone's habits who lived in that area and knew they were sleeping and that all the lights around the Dermonds were off. IMO

I am not sure if it was an after thought or not. I do think after he had murdered them both he may have sat there quite awhile thinking about what he needed to do and how and why. Even plans of murderers never go exactly as they planned it. They change their plans according to what they see is as an necessity to avoid detection. Or they think of something new and add that to the original plan.

IMO

Dang you ARE good! What I want to know is: were you CIA in your other life?

Pine straw looks much different than what we call pine needles in NY.

I am not surprised. I have lived in Texas all my life and I have never heard of or seen pine straw especially bales of it. I am going to look it up. jmo

BBM

I certainly believe it includes the garage area since that is a part of their home. It wasn't an unattached garage.

I think everyone includes their garage as part of their home if it is build with the home.

JMO

What I meant was, when the reporter meant Russell was killed in the home, was the reporter referring to inside of the home and moved to the garage, or did the reporter mean that the deputies meant that Russell was killed in the garage?
I know Sheriff Sills mentioned that Russell's body was moved a few feet.
IMOO.

Pine straw looks much different than what we call pine needles in NY.

pinestraw is pine needles in GA, dont' know where it came from the term pinestraw, except it is like wheat straw bales, but not straw really IMO, but it's pine needles , short and longer needles from different pine trees

I am not surprised. I have lived in Texas all my life and I have never heard of or seen pine straw especially bales of it. I am going to look it up. jmo

:floorlaugh: For real!? It's just pine needles, raked and bundled in square bales like horse hay !! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: For real!? It's just pine needles, raked and bundled in square bales like horse hay !! :floorlaugh:

Okay, I looked it up and I promise I have never seen it before. Probably in an area where there are pine trees it is more common. But, I will be on the look out for it. :floorlaugh:

I haven't lived in the piney woods for long. Just to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8