GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to me that this Added information was in this link:
http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-05-10/decapitation-mystery-they-didnt-deserve

" “They were very sharp people,” Keith Dermond said of his parents. He described his mother as a fantastic bridge player who wowed him with her crossword-puzzle-working wits.
“There’s nobody who met her that didn’t love her,” the son said, adding, “and she never gossiped.” "

Why add in that Shirley never gossiped?
Why not leave it at "There's nobody who met her that didn't love her".
Gossip......If Shirley did not gossip, then why say she didn't?
Did Shirley KNOW things........If so, was a person(s) Afraid she would TELL?
IMOO.

Well, about gossiping...
I do not consider RP or GW retirement communities. People retire there but I know some rich, young folks with second homes there.
My mom who's 92 lives in a active adult high rise RETIREMENT community and gossiping is RAMPANT. Think TMZ for seniors! OMG!They have plenty of time to talk and things get turned around. When I was remodeling her condo this winter they'd just walk in to chat and they pretty much knew her life story- and mine- before she moved in. They have lots of time to talk...and because some have memory problems things they've been told get backwards and sideways often. Some folks love to stir the pot, others don't. Some folks love drama, others do not.It appears Mrs. D did not according to her son.
Just my thoughts and opinions.

Killers aren't always the brightest bulb on the tree.

I hear ya, Except:
"Junior members include......Cassandra Rieb," (snipped by me...)
"STERLING — Sterling High School recognized the achievements of a number of students Monday evening at their annual National Honor Society Induction Ceremony."
http://www.journal-advocate.com/ci_22986883/19-inducted-at-national-honor-society-ceremony

Cassandra went along with her boyfriend to help murder his grandparents.
She had book smarts. What went wrong?????

"Brendan Lee Johnson, 19, and Cassandra Ann Rieb, 18, are being held without bond in the Logan County jail on suspicion of first-degree murder as well as felony robbery, theft and forgery charges, police said."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/03/us-usa-colorado-crime-idUSKBN0EE2JX20140603
IMOO.

exactly how I feel, no matter what angle it always goes back to these 3 and nothing seems to fit!

Extortion maybe though, they were clearly easy targets, no struggle, had to be very very surprised and unexpected or they knew them

Just so brutal!

It certainly is brutal to all of us looking in but it may be the work of a very cold unfeeling unemotional killer who thinks more about protecting himself, and doesn't really care what he has to do to the victims..... to do it.

I really don't see the 'moving the dead bodies around.' He seem to do no more than what he thought was necessary to do. Imo, he moved Shirley's body directly to the boat from wherever she was killed. He left Russ' torso in the garage where he killed him and took his head with him along with Shirley's body. That is not a lot of body movement at all, imo.

Why two old people? Unfortunately even the elderly are not immune to being victims of very violent crimes. We see in the news now quite often how the very elderly are being targeted and are increasingly victims of violent crimes.

IMO

In Regards to the Shirley Severance case in Sterling, Colorado:

"A young couple accused of killing the man's grandparents told police they planned the slayings so he could get his inheritance: a tiny house and $20,000, according to court documents released Wednesday."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/police-teens-who-killed-grandparents-wanted-money

Thing is, in the Shirley Severance case in Sterling, Colorado, the grandson did hide his deceased grandmother in Nebraska.

"They burned Shirley Severance's body in a fire pit near Sterling but later dug it up and took some remains to Nebraska, police said."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/police-teens-who-killed-grandparents-wanted-money
IMOO.

:floorlaugh: Thanks. Well that just goes to show some murderers who murder for financial gain are dumber than dirt and then they wonder why they get caught. lol

I don't think any family member in the Dermond family are dumber than a box of rocks though.

These are highly educated people and they would know hiding or destroying the victim's remains or just have them be missing for eternity is not going to make them gain financially. It mucks up the whole plan of murdering them for financial gain in the first place.

imo

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-05-10/decapitation-mystery-they-didnt-deserve

" “They were very sharp people,” Keith Dermond said of his parents. He described his mother as a fantastic bridge player who wowed him with her crossword-puzzle-working wits.
“There’s nobody who met her that didn’t love her,” the son said, adding, “and she never gossiped.” "

IMOO.

This statement makes me wonder if Keith D knew something and he was trying to tell the killer his entire family could keep a secret.

IMOO.

I think not gossiping is a quality few possess these days. I think he said it as the truest form of flattery to his Mother!

My theory still remains about the same from when I began following this case.

I believe the perp is a relative (or young male he tried to mentor) who has been, or feels he has been shunned or spurned, and believed he was entitled to something from Mr and Mrs D. The head of the patriarch was removed for a reason. If I recall correctly, Mrs D was beaten in the head. Someone had a lot of anger for these two elderly people.

I think this dropped by the D's periodically for a money visit. My bet is Mr D recently said no more and the killer became enraged.

And IIRC, a member of LE, FBI I think, stated that this was very personal.

The only other theory I can think of that would be very personal, would be a love triangle.

I agree that something you wrote could have happened and it all makes sense. Lots of young folks like to feed off of the older ones. Especially if the older ones are very fond of them.

However would this kind of person behead them? That's my hangup...well that and moving them all around taking Mr. D's head and putting Mrs. in the water.

It has to be evidence...hiding evidence is all I can come up with.

"I'll have what she's having' Rob Reiner's mom to a waiter in "When Harry Met Sally" when Meg Ryan is faking the big O.

Whew, you all move too fast for me. Can hardly keep up. I've given up trying to decipher Sills speak. When he wants to let us know, really, really know, he'll say so in no uncertain terms.

This happened less than a mile from my house. I was 4 and remember my mother being so terrified she took me to Lenox every day for almost a week. She was scared to stay at home alone with killers in the loose.
People do kill couples for drugs. I can't even recall if they even had drugs in their home or if they were just high when they killed the Dr.s.

http://digitalcollections.library.gsu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ajc/id/991

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

SO.............Nothing yet huh???????????? WE ARE ALL waiting Sheriff Sills ! Can't wait to get this/these scumbags ! :scared::tantrum::please:

I think the beheading is a message to others to shut their mouths.

Wouldn't removing a tongue be sufficient enough to send a message to others to shut thier mouths?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't removing a tongue be sufficient enough to send a message to others to shut thier mouths?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

true, but wouldn't the risk of leaving behind your own DNA behind be greater if poking around in someone's mouth trying to remove the tongue than by simply removing the whole head?

Not that I am arguing because I am not sold on teh head removal being anything meant to send a message to anyone. Just playing devil's advocate.

I honestly think the next time I see one I might have a heart attack. My son swears he can smell them when on the trials by the lake. He says they smell like musk cologne? I dunno.

For those of you outdoor nature lovers, my girlfriend has a friend who posted this video of a Doe giving birth to twins in his driveway June 1st. He just started recording.
It is birth so a little icky, but watching her try and figure out to handle 2 babies was fascinating to me.
If nothing else fast forward to 8:50 and watch her when baby B squeals... bout wet my pants laughing.
Nice to see life once in awhile.

White tail Doe giving birth to twin fawns.:
http://youtu.be/Rzd9tR86_Tw

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Awwww thank you! That was a beautiful thing to see! How sweet, thanks again for sharing!!

true, but wouldn't the risk of leaving behind your own DNA behind be greater if poking around in someone's mouth trying to remove the tongue than by simply removing the whole head?

Not that I am arguing because I am not sold on teh head removal being anything meant to send a message to anyone. Just playing devil's advocate.

Killing him is QUITE sufficient to keep him from talking!! Dead men don't talk, PERIOD

Killing him is QUITE sufficient to keep him from talking!! Dead men don't talk, PERIOD

oh, my bad, I thought the post I quoted was suggesting that if the removal of the head was a message for others about keeping their mouths shut then the tongue could have been removed rather than the head.

I was not suggesting that the dead could talk

ETA thought I might have cold brain drain but I just read back. That is what was being suggested in the post I quoted. So I think maybe my response to it must not have been clear in my intent.

oh, my bad, I thought the post I quoted was suggesting that if the removal of the head was a message for others about keeping their mouths shut then the tongue could have been removed rather than the head.

ETA thought I might have cold brain drain but I just read back. That is what was being suggested in the post I quoted. So I think maybe my response to it must not have been clear in my intent.

I understood what you meant.
IMOO.

:floorlaugh: I know

Just that I don't think the sorry perps needed to do ANYTHING, much less what they did, to keep him from talking or even messages to someone

sorry didnt' mean to sound rude

Boy I wish we would get a break in this case and soon

I agree that this is only rumor.
Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
This poster only made 2 posts, and I haven't seen it in MSM or by LE,
so it can be considered rumor.IMOO.
Also, in MSM it was said that Russell was killed on May 2nd.
This poster mentions, Saturday May 3rd.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Shirley Dermond (Abduction), 87, Putnam County, 2 - 4 May 2014

I am of the camp that believes mystery poster was correct. My wonder is that why didn't said neighbor check on them or call LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva