GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone!:seeya: Happy Fathers Day to all the countless great fathers out there. I hope each father is shown how much they are appreciated and shown love for what they do, day in, and day out for their families.:loveyou:

I think most robbers do carry guns in case they are confronted by the resident and they are also known to carry very sharp knives they use to quickly cut wires to electronics.

So I think he had both.

I do believe Russ was shot in the head and then the killer made Shirley kneel down on the boat and he struck her in the back of the head with an object he used to bludgeon her to death.

We would like to think if he shot him the shot would be heard by someone but so many times that is not the case. Even those who live in an adjoining apartment didn't hear their neighbor or neighbors being shot. Homes are just built to absorb sounds and this started more in the 90s so it would include the Dermond home.

IMO

Map: Where is it Legal to Own Gun Silencer in U.S.?
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2652826/posts
www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2652826/posts
Free Republic
opposingviews.com ^ | 4 January, 2011 | Gun Trust Lawyer ... Silencers are legal for civilian ownership in the following states Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia...

So, do you think he is a seasoned robber?

Morning Hickory!

For some reason I do not believe he is. I am thinking, rightly or wrongly, that he stole things when he needed money to help him feed his drug habit.

Now I wonder if other things had gone missing in the neighborhood. Often times elderly people have amassed so much that they really cant keep up with all they have.

OT: We live in what has been a totally non crime neighborhood for almost 30 years but this morning a neighbor up the street from us told my hubby that thieves came on their property on the backside to an enclosed porch and wiped out their huge chest freezer that was loaded with thousands of dollars worth of meat and seafood. His wife was only gone from the home between 10am and noon so it had to happen in broad daylight yet none of us in the area saw or heard a thing. I had just read a local article where they are hitting outside freezers then they take it and sell it on the streets or to their other buddies to make money to buy drugs. They will take everything that is not nailed down. I would have never ever thought this would happen in our neighborhood but it goes to show that no area is safe anymore. No where.

IMO

That bothers me too. I wonder if it is true? Has it been verified that some neighbor did indeed see somebody walking up the hill on Saturday?

If true the whole game changes for me!

NON-VERIFIED - Heard on RAW video unedited I believe by a local poster. Supposedly seen by a boater. Hopefully Mark Winne will update us on that little tidbit - Maybe Monday.

My mind keeps going to the fishermen who found Shirley.

Not thinking that they were involved in the murders...but wondering if, maybe, somehow, some way, one of them got a little piece of info, by some long, torturously-curlicued tendril of some grapevine or other...

Like... the wife of one of them told him her hairstylist said her brother said his friend heard a guy talking at a bar, and the guy said a fellow he worked with swore that he heard some other guy say that he'd heard a group of his buddies talking and they seemed to know somehow for a fact that Shirley was dead and was in the lake, somewhere near the dam. Something like that.

If you were someone who liked to fish and had or knew someone that has a boat, and heard there was a reward (albeit somewhat flexibly worded) of an amount that would be meaningful to you ...maybe you might think, ya know, there's probably NOTHING to this, I hate to bother LE with something so vague -- I think FIRST I'll just get my buddy and we'll go out that way on the lake and do a little crappie fishing and just take a little look around... . And then, if we don't see anything, and we probably won't, MAYBE I'll call LE anyhow and tell what I heard....

I guess what makes me think this COULD be possible -- and it is JUST A THEORY -- is the solicitation for upping that reward on up there. (A) There's a community that's concerned, rightfully so, and I bet some are pretty verbal about it... so why not ask the good folks to put their money where their worries are? (B) And if this IS the kind of crime, the kind of criminals, with which somehow a rumor could get out on the 'vine (and prove true) about where a body is ... then there's people out there who know more than ever reached a fisherman's ears ... and one of them may have a price.

All JMO.

:goodpost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hajBdDM2qdg

If Shirley Dermond were in the boat facing forward held at gunpoint or physically restrained she would not scream out in the boat or as she was being led there. MOO

Facing away from her captors, struck from behind she may not even have seen it coming.

I don't think she was killed on the boat. In the wide open on either a Friday or Saturday when people would hear screams?

But what about at night and she was bound and gagged, duct tape, whatever. No way would they take her out without making she couldn't scream for help. They laid her in the boat.

On the other hand, killing her in the boat would also leave blood evidence.

You're right. Killing her in the boat doesn't really make sense. :facepalm:

Well, with the new info. from Sheriff Sills, I've changed my mind about who committed these murders. I had been of the belief that family was in some way involved, but I'm now on board with it being a resident of the community. The killer(s) being someone in the community fits all the known facts, and makes the most sense, as OBE and others here have laid out. I had thought there was one killer who was older, even though it seemed as if it could be two killers. With the new info., I now believe it was two younger men who went to rob the Dermond's. IMO, I think one of the killers shot Mr. Dermond in the head. I also think it wasn't supposed to go down the way it did, but after Mr. Dermond was shot, there was no going back, and the killers had to cover their tracks. This could still work with one killer, but I'm leaning toward two now. After the murders I think the killer(s) stayed at the Dermond's Friday night, figuring out how to cover their tracks, and decided to decapitate Mr. Dermond to hide evidence.

Maybe he or they were going to try and remove both Dermond's, but Mr. Dermond was too heavy, there was no room, and he/they wanted to hide evidence that could link he/they to the killings, so decapitated Mr.. Dermond, perhaps with a plan to dismember him, but after removing the head, he/they thought it would be too messy, and too much work, so instead took the head along with Mrs. Dermond's body. I think Mrs. Dermond was killed after Mr. Dermond, but before Mr. Dermond was decapitated. I think the killer(s) showered, and cleaned the areas of the house he/they had been in, and then left with the head and Mrs. Dermond's body. I think the killer(s) thought he/they had erased all traces of anything that could link them to the murders/Dermond home. I think he/they are wrong. I think Sheriff Sills will be coming for them, and I hope whoever did this despicable thing knows this as well.

I hope that the State of Georgia imposes the ultimate penalty for what was done to the Dermond's, and that when the time comes, there are no plea deals!

:goodpost:

If Shirley Dermond were in the boat facing forward held at gunpoint or physically restrained she would not scream out in the boat or as she was being led there. MOO

Facing away from her captors, struck from behind she may not even have seen it coming.

That's what I think - she never saw it coming. Praying she didn't see it coming. :please:

I Read They Heard voices, Did They Hear Screams?

As far as I know nobody heard any screams. NONAME (or something like that the two time poster) said that her patient's yard man had heard voices from the Dermond's house on late Saturday afternoon or early evening.

I was busy posting about this when WS went down this morning and didn't bother try it again til your question,

The Dermond house has a screen porch that runs along the outside of their garage--on the I guess west side of their house. They had a television out there and I have been told that neighbors would hear them talking (just voices) or the tv in the evening. They could also see the light from the television through the trees at times.

Look at the tax assessor's floor plan and you can see the screen porch outlined.

Somehow "hearing voices inside the house" got morphed into loud voices,etc...

I don't have much faith in the report anyway. Don't mean that the poster wasn't sincere. Just that contractors and others are supposed to be out of there earlier than that. Nobody wants to listen to leaf blowers etc. I think the day the person might have heard voices could be off because the D;s were mostly liked dead for hours by then.

But everybody can put their own spin on this

Well once they started swinging a baseball bat at me you could here me for miles across the lake. Sound travels on the water. Although a quiet lake, the weekends are the busiest but on the lake and people enjoying the docks, etc.

Good afternoon and Happy Father's Day to all that pertains to. I am finally feeling hopeful that this week will bring Sills some answers and maybe even search warrants. This family deserves to have this solved and I think they will. Going to take my hubby anywhere he wants today, we cooked GA white shrimp and lobster tails last night. Great thing about Savannah - it's a foodie town! Hope we'll go sit on a patio with cocktails somewhere (I'm "outdoorsy" like that, haha). Have a great Sunday, will check in tonight!

Thank You!!!! I'm Prejudice Against Anyone Who MURDERS! period

And True The Rest You posted

Montjoy, I think it is fairly obvious who this personal attack was directed at..
Rather than attacking other posters views, theories, and personal character, combined with insults and childish name calling. I have decided to take the high road.

May 14, 2014 - And their family they can't believe it is linked to the drug murder of son, ... One of the Dermond's three heartbroken children, Keith Dermond said the ......Son of Putnam victims blames cult for mom's disappearance ...
www.wsbtv.com › News › Local
WSB‑TV
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/son-putnam-victims-blames-cult-moms-disappearance/nfyJ2/

May 16, 2014 - Keith Dermond doesn't believe someone specifically targeted his parents for this brutal crime. He believes it's random, maybe the work of a cult.

http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/7cb33392334ddf4e433f42f5a1e7c457#.U50F0PldUud
Atlanta Journal Constitution - 3 weeks ago

Sheriff investigating elderly couple's murder accustomed to spotlight ...Nuwaubian Cult...

Good afternoon and Happy Father's Day to all that pertains to. I am finally feeling hopeful that this week will bring Sills some answers and maybe even search warrants. This family deserves to have this solved and I think they will. Going to take my hubby anywhere he wants today, we cooked GA white shrimp and lobster tails last night. Great thing about Savannah - it's a foodie town! Hope we'll go sit on a patio with cocktails somewhere (I'm "outdoorsy" like that, haha). Have a great Sunday, will check in tonight!

What are white shrimp. Enjoy your day.

I can't remember the dates of deaths from the obituary, but the official date of death on a Death cert. is when the deceased is DECLARED to be dead by a medical professional. I known that to be true a couple of times when no foul play involved. But that's important in estate issues, etc. Estimated date, time would be useful in criminal investigation,

DAte Discovered And missing

Blood in a boat could easily be cleaned out just as blood and guts from fish are done after fishing.

If I were boating and saw another boat with some blood in it my first thought would be gutting fish, chum, etc. Unless there were buckets of blood I simply would think nothing of it.

There may have been much blood but it is just as fair assumption that there was not a lot of blood.

People can die from a closed head injury, no external bleeding whatsoever.

Now we can assume Mrs. D did not have closed head injury based on LE looking for a crowbar or something like that. ie. that suggests there was damage to her skull.

But we cannot know how much that wound bled or for how long before her body was placed in the lake.

:cow:

HeY Boots!

Thinking If She Witnessed His Murder Or Decap , Sd May Have Been Shock

Timing
But what about at night and she was bound and gagged, duct tape, whatever. No way would they take her out without making she couldn't scream for help. They laid her in the boat.

On the other hand, killing her in the boat would also leave blood evidence.

You're right. Killing her in the boat doesn't really make sense. :facepalm:

Blood in a boat could easily be cleaned out just as blood and guts from fish are done after fishing.

If I were boating and saw another boat with some blood in it my first thought would be gutting fish, chum, etc. Unless there were buckets of blood I simply would think nothing of it.

There may have been much blood but it is just as fair assumption that there was not a lot of blood.

People can die from a closed head injury, no external bleeding whatsoever.

Now we can assume Mrs. D did not have closed head injury based on LE looking for a crowbar or something like that. ie. that suggests there was damage to her skull.

But we cannot know how much that wound bled or for how long before her body was placed in the lake.

:cow:

I keep trying to picture what kind of boat everybody is thinking of and I assume there are many different ideas. Some posters have suggested that the boat might have been too small to transport two bodies. That would be a very small boat and swinging bats or crow bars with enough force to kill might tip the thing over. I would have imagined a bigger boat. A pontoon would be the easiest for both bringing body (or live person) on board and certainly easier for pushing the body overboard. Certainly wouldn't tip over with head bashing going on. A bass boat or deck boat would be fast and I wouldn't want to be at troll speed transport a corpse. Bass boat not so good for committing the murder, deck boar better, but I don't see that either,

I have changed my mind about the boat. I think the perp's came by a road vehicle and took Shirley that way after she had been killed. Later she would be put on the boat either at the perp's house or driven to where the perp had access to a boat. If the boat were on a trailer, I presume it would be put in at the Long Shoals boat ramp which is very near the recovery site.

I can't picture somebody taking the risk of parading Shirley live or dead down to her dock.

Motive for taking Shirley? Already been discussed here. Confuse LE and leave open the possibility that she had done this herself, which is nuts.

They did NOT mean for her body to be found. Sills has said that in several different ways,

JMO, can't wait to hear yours.

yes, and then there is the possibility of Mrs. D being in shock from possibly witnessing her husband's murder and decapitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13