GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>

I just don't want to see anything happen to you or for anything to be stolen.:heart: After all we have to be kin in someway since you are MotherOcean and I am Oceanblueeyes!:floorlaugh: JK

<snip>

IMO

And cousin atthelake?

I keep thinking we will hear news soon and keep checking back in. Still spoiled by the freedom of information that we had on my first case here...the Caylee case where we were able to pour over information years before it went to trial.

Is this guy a POI in the Dermond's case?? Did I miss something? Do you have a link with this new development?? TIA

He's considered fugitive at this time, links on here for articles and his history, mugshots not updated

SO he's been out since feb 2014 on parole, apparently have not been in touch with parole officers and he is wanted on several charges at this time, since his release

He's considered fugitive at this time, links on here for articles and his history, mugshots not updated

SO he's been out since feb 2014 on parole, apparently have not been in touch with parole officers and he is wanted on several charges at this time, since his release

Oh, ok. So he isn't connected to the D's, right? Not being snarky, I promise. Just a little confused, as usual. :confused:

I think we were all just brainstorming about who has been released from prison and had prior charges of kidnapping, etc. Obviously, we're just throwing everything into the pot to see what brews. I surely wish there was some positive news regarding this case.

Oh, ok. So he isn't connected to the D's, right? Not being snarky, I promise. Just a little confused, as usual. :confused:

No, not that we know of.
I have been following because the manhunt is not far from me.

UPDATE: At 1:30 p.m. Sheriff Brad White reported Owens was still at large. A command post has been set up at the go kart raceway on Highway 36 West. White said Owens' MO is stealing vehicles to flee. Residents in the area should make sure their cars are locked and any missing vehicles should be reported by calling 911 immediately.
http://barnesville.com/

haha, No you are right on, he's not POI, I am just wondering about this guy since he's pretty close anyway and it was brought to our attention by others here

CP, do you have a police scanner? Got mine on now in case he is seen in this area by chance, I'm a little south of Lamar

Keep us posted if you here anything up your way, probably not related to D's because they surely have his DNA or atleast his fingerprints on file, would know if it was him probably

LOCK UP , be safe!

No, not that we know of.

UPDATE: At 1:30 p.m. Sheriff Brad White reported Owens was still at large. A command post has been set up at the go kart raceway on Highway 36 West. White said Owens' MO is stealing vehicles to flee. Residents in the area should make sure their cars are locked and any missing vehicles should be reported by calling 911 immediately.

unable to entertain the cult/terrorism theory so I am lurking, but still here and waiting for that one big break in this case.

CP, do you have a police scanner? Got mine on now in case he is seen in this area by chance, I'm a little south of Lamar

Keep us posted if you here anything up your way, probably not related to D's because they surely have his DNA or atleast his fingerprints on file, would know if it was him probably

LOCK UP , be safe!

I'm about 15 minutes or so away. One way in and out so hopefully okay here. The husband works closer and in a location that would be more vulnerable so following and trying to keep him updated.
I have a scanner app on my phone. Didn't even cross my mind to use it. :banghead: Thanks for mentioning it! You stay safe too!

No, not that we know of.

Oh, how scary for you. Hope they catch him soon. Please be safe.

From what I can remember he was picking up meds in the pharmacy section of Publix.

It sure is interesting that the last place Russ is seen alive is when he was at Publix picking up prescription meds. I would love to know what type of meds he picked up and he could also have picked up some for Shirley as well. Since it was close to the first of the month it was probably a thirty day supply for both of them depending on whatever they were on. While I do think both were relatively healthy I do believe they were on some type of prescript meds.

IMO

I wonder if Russell ran errands for his friend who had had a stroke? It's possible that Russell could have been picking up meds for him also.

And cousin atthelake?

I keep thinking we will hear news soon and keep checking back in. Still spoiled by the freedom of information that we had on my first case here...the Caylee case where we were able to pour over information years before it went to trial.

BBM

Of course. Nice to see you cuz!:seeya::floorlaugh:

Yeah that case spoiled us all I think.

But the sunshine law in Florida kicks in only after an arrest is made, right?

WOW

Jury Convicts Man of Killing His Parents

Courts: Jeffrey Duvardo of Valencia stabbed them in their home after they asked him to repay a $30,000 loan. He faces a possible death penalty.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/dec/20/local/me-16596

And I sure do hope they give him the death penalty.

That case isn't that uncommon. We have children nowadays killing their parents/grandparents for the most trivial things imaginable.

I read one case this week where two children (I think they were 12-13 years old) killed their grandmother because they wanted the change in her purse so they could go buy a pizza. They killed her with a hatchet.

LE serves warrants everyday in metro Atlanta. I find it very interesting that it got so much media attention- especially tv- so quickly. Escapees get tv time here but warrant/ parole violators...not so much.

And if you look at said fugitive's arrest record it goes from Coweta to Banks to...Fayette and more. It appears he knows all of the Atlanta SMSA. And if his address was listed in Senoia for the parolee database why did LE serve the warrant in Cherokee County? And that looked like a nice 'hood.This had to be more than a parole violation. Not saying it's connected to the Ds. Interesting timing IMO.

LE serves warrants everyday in metro Atlanta. I find it very interesting that it got so much media attention- especially tv- so quickly. Escapees get tv time here but warrant/ parole violators...not so much.

And if you look at said fugitive's arrest record it goes from Coweta to Banks to...Fayette and more. It appears he knows all of the Atlanta SMSA. And if his address was listed in Senoia for the parolee database why did LE serve the warrant in Cherokee County? And that looked like a nice 'hood.This had to be more than a parole violation. Not saying it's connected to the Ds. Interesting timing IMO.

It is interesting but for some reason they think this one is armed and dangerous. In our local area if someone is a fugitive from justice and escaped within a 100 mile radius of us we know about it through news alerts and local tv channels and on line news sites.

http://gbi.georgia.gov/cases/unsolved-homicide

I guess the Dermond's wont be on this list

This is one unsolved case in Georgia I wish the GBI could solve.

Levi Frady. Levi went missing in 1997 when he was riding his bicycle and was later found murdered.

They enacted 'Levi's Law' in his honor. It is a like an Amber Alert that goes out when a child is missing or has been abducted.

Some even thought at the time that he may have been a victim of Joseph E. Duncan the sadist pedophile/murderer.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member