GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a tremendous amount of Awareness and interest created in the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation. Seldom does a crime of this nature that happens in a rural area of the South get the amount of ms media attention that this crime has received, imo.

Some have shared that many of the locals have put this horrific crime behind them and moved on. Considering the total posts and viewership of this Websleuths thread, combined with the boardreader numb3rs over the past 45 days. This case is not loosing interest, imo. Nor will it until the many unanswered questions are solved and Justice is served for the Dermond family.
There is now seven Shirley and Russel Dermond WS threads with total views approaching 400,000. That is an average of almost 9,000 views per day.. The S & D Dermond WS Thread has consistently been a hot thread for six weeks now. Awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons cases.

Boardreader Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
http://boardreader.com/site/Websleuths_Crime_Sleuthing_Com_9288.html

I have been concerned about loss of interest. Outside of WS I have heard nothing about it on MS news and it seems that interest is waning even here on WS. And the posts that are here are repeating the same thing over and over. Don't want to be a debbie downer, but that is just how I see it. Frustrated that there is nothing new. jmo

Oh no!! Say it isn't so. Now this is being discussed? This is really a stretch bringing in verses from the quoran. This was just a nice little elderly couple living out their retirement years. Living in a nice place that no one outside of parts of Georgia probably ever heard of. I just don't believe this. But, jmo.

Well, what's more, the Nuwaubians haven't identified as Muslim for years, so it's a huge stretch. It's not a matter of 'connecting the dots' -- in this case, it is painting in ones own dots to create the picture they wish.

Oh no!! Say it isn't so. Now this is being discussed? This is really a stretch bringing in verses from the quoran. This was just a nice little elderly couple living out their retirement years. Living in a nice place that no one outside of parts of Georgia probably ever heard of. I just don't believe this. But, jmo.

I agree. It's not a movie script. The Dermonds were a just a couple, who had already lived the majority of their lives. It's hard for some to believe, but there are people in every county who are capable of becoming so angry that they murder someone...and sometimes get away with it.

I have served on a CrimeStoppers Board and never have seen anyone get a tax deductable receipt before. Was SS targeting certain people for this refund? If so, why?

With all the assistance SS has, why didn't someone open up a FB account and paypal?

There is another thing that bothers me...not once have I heard that the phone to report information will answer your call anonymously. Everyone knows your tip through CrimeStoppers is anonymous . Maybe I just missed that announcement.

I am a recovering accountant and if memory serves me correctly, the reward donation cannot be tax deductible if it is given to help a specific person/s, but it is tax deductible if it serves to help a group of people i.e., giving to the Red Cross in order to help a community that suffered a disaster like a tornado or fire.

I am sitting on my hands re: a who might be responsible, but I think that it was someone who felt dissed by the D's...they cut off Mr. D's head so he could no longer talk and unceremoniously dumped Mrs. D in the lake.

JMO

Brain fog moment... who owns this now? I know it sold from the Reynolds, right? Did they take a huge loss in selling it? Could the motive actually be more in lines with who actually benefits from that area now?

Not sure if my thoughts even make sense right now. But hopefully someone else can figure out what I'm trying to say.

In reading the GW blog, someone mentioned the developers defaulting on a $160 million dollar note. This may be how Metlife acquired the property. It would be a stretch, but possible the D's being longtime owners were aware of some skeletons in the closet WRT to the developers. Or perhaps someone thought the D's somehow wrongly benefited from the original developers largesse.

For now I will stick to my #1 theory until someone finds a weapon or bloody human handprint.

RE: Verse of the Sword..

What do you mean by this? What is it? ty

Well, what's more, the Nuwaubians haven't identified as Muslim for years, so it's a huge stretch. It's not a matter of 'connecting the dots' -- in this case, it is painting in ones own dots to create the picture they wish.

I agree. It's not a movie script. The Dermonds were a just a couple, who had already lived the majority of their lives. It's hard for some to believe, but there are people in every county who are capable of becoming so angry that they murder someone...and sometimes get away with it.

<BBM for Focus>

'You must interpret the artwork to understand the Artist'.. For those who believe, no proof is necessary, and for those who disbelieve, no proof is possible...Stuart Chase..

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/03/06/1955218/
Decatur temple maintains ties to Nuwaubian "cult"
03/06/2014
Decatur temple maintains ties to Nuwaubian "cult" Decatur temple maintains ties to Nuwaubian "cult"

For those who believe, no proof is necessary, and for those who disbelieve, no proof is possible...Stuart Chase..

I seem to think you've posted this about 20 times. I think that there's another quotation that fits here too:

"For those who assume, no facts or evidence are necessary." -- Montjoy

I seem to think you've posted this about 20 times. I think that there's another quotation that fits here too:

"For those who assume, no facts or evidence are necessary." -- Montjoy

Yes I have Montjoy, and all 20 times were in response to your posts if my memory is correct...Why do you continue to make statements as fact, when they are baseless opinions? I like Stuart Chase's quote much better...

I think there's another quote out there that pertains:

"If it's a particularly heinous crime, be sure at some point to blame it on a religion tacitly demonized in the U/S."
-A Certain Mainstream Media Conglomerate

I think there's another quote out there that pertains:

"If it's a particularly heinous crime, be sure at some point to blame it on a religion tacitly demonized in the U/S."
-A Certain Mainstream Media Conglomerate

Marble, if DW & the NC had been investigated in NY in 1998, rather than being protected for religious and political reasons. The molesting of hundreds of GA and other children may have been prevented.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6361951/ns/us_news/t/georgia-cult-goes-quiet-after-leader-jailed/
The United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors was a cult led by Dwight "Malachi" York. York's religion incorporated ideas from Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Egyptian mysticism.
York's case was reported as the largest prosecution for child molestation ever in the USA. York is now serving 135 years in Federal Super Max for child molestation.

I wonder if Russell Dermond had any life insurance policies taken out on him when he was an employee years ago?
This is a very interesting article, in my opinion:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/06...cts-the-insurance/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

"Because so-called company-owned life insurance offers employers generous tax breaks, the market is enormous; hundreds of corporations have taken out policies on thousands of employees."
"Hundreds of billions of dollars of such policies are in place, providing companies with a steady stream of income as current and former employees die, even decades after they have retired or left the company."

:banghead:

This lack of leads is becoming frustrating. Apparently not just for me.

I am a recovering accountant and if memory serves me correctly, the reward donation cannot be tax deductible if it is given to help a specific person/s, but it is tax deductible if it serves to help a group of people i.e., giving to the Red Cross in order to help a community that suffered a disaster like a tornado or fire.

I am sitting on my hands re: a who might be responsible, but I think that it was someone who felt dissed by the D's...they cut off Mr. D's head so he could no longer talk and unceremoniously dumped Mrs. D in the lake.

JMO

BBM

lol! I feel your pain. I spent 20 years working for an accounting firm. Tax season is brutal. Congratulations on your recovery!

I wonder if Russell Dermond had any life insurance policies taken out on him when he was an employee years ago?
This is a very interesting article, in my opinion:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/06...cts-the-insurance/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

"Because so-called company-owned life insurance offers employers generous tax breaks, the market is enormous; hundreds of corporations have taken out policies on thousands of employees."
"Hundreds of billions of dollars of such policies are in place, providing companies with a steady stream of income as current and former employees die, even decades after they have retired or left the company."

Yup; WALMART has these policies on low level employees.

It is amazing that corporations could do this. If an individual wished to take out a policy on a stranger, they could not for obvious reasons. Wow I could see a movie written about corporate sponsored "hit squads" bolstering the "bottom line" on a quarterly basis. It could be surgically done, check the employment records for "poor performers and malingerers", call somebody in Reno, who calls somebody in Fargo and then Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench take a road trip to Bimidji and make an unexpected visit to someone.

JMO

I was wondering if SS opened up a 501c3 in order to advertise donations would be tax deductible. In my experience, it takes time to get government approval for a 501c3. I don't understand how (or why) SS has made this tax deductible...please talk to me accountants.

I was wondering if SS opened up a 501c3 in order to advertise donations would be tax deductible. In my experience, it takes time to get government approval for a 501c3. I don't understand how (or why) SS has made this tax deductible...please talk to me accountants.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-11e3-8b46-0019bb2963f4/538e14d839ff5.pdf.pdf

As per letter from Sheriff Sills:
"My accountant has advised me that since my office is a government entity, contributions to this reward will be tax deductible.You may make your contribution at any branch office of the Peoples Bank.The bank's personnel will provide you with an official receipt from my office. "

Donations to a local government on account of which the donor does not receive anything specific in return are deemed to be charitable deductions by the IRS.

Donations to a local government on account of which the donor does not receive anything specific in return are deemed to be charitable deductions by the IRS.

Here's a question:
Does that mean that an organization or person can donate a large sum of money to receive a charitable deduction, and then later if an organization or person that did contribute to the reward, has found out knowledge about who the perp(s) is/are, will they then be able to reap the reward and reap the charitable deduction as well? Or only receive the reward and not the charitable deduction?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members