GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the possibility of the perp having Dissociative Identity Disorder been discussed with these murders?
Maybe someone has a "missing weekend" from May 2014?
Can't remember where they were or what they did that weekend.

And those tox reports should be done now.

Interesting idea about Dissociative Identity Disorder. Many of us are probably missing a weekend here and there, but someone out there may have observed a person close to them who "missed" that weekend in early May. What do you expect to hear from the toxicology reports? :twocents:

IMHO

I tried to tell ya'll a while back that Sheriff Sills was in over his head (pardon the pun) and that they will never catch who did this. These guys were pros at killing and Russell Dermond ( or some of his children) are hiding something from the public.
Sill now saying the trail is cold and judge saying pretty much same thing.

I want to reiterate that the Judge that I am quoting is not from Putnam Co., not does he have inside info into this or any other case since he is retired.

This post is primarily my thoughts on 2Hope4's post above about the 4th weekend @ the Lake O. My thoughts are that folks (who own/live or weekenders) of the Lake O area are over the board on how they respond for the upcoming 4th weekend.
For some, the D's murders are no longer in their minds and will plan as if they never happened.
For others, they may decide to avoid the Lake for the 4th..
And for others, they will have a heightened awareness of things around them.... but will go ahead and enjoy the 4th on the water with family & friends.

I hope there is more forthcoming this week too.

Has the possibility of the perp having Dissociative Identity Disorder been discussed with these murders?
Maybe someone has a "missing weekend" from May 2014?
Can't remember where they were or what they did that weekend.

And those tox reports should be done now.

DID is very, very rare. Crimes committed by a person with DID who's dissociating are extremely rare, and those crimes tend to be pretty disorganized and done without a lot of planning. This murder took a lot of planning and the killer(s) was obviously pretty organized

Interesting idea about Dissociative Identity Disorder. Many of us are probably missing a weekend here and there, but someone out there may have observed a person close to them who "missed" that weekend in early May. What do you expect to hear from the toxicology reports? :twocents:

IMHO

1. Something they were not prescribed shows up. Did they find any tiny puncture wounds, i.e., syringe marks, on either body when they did the autopsies? My former spouse used to say he got paid to "wake people up after surgery". And he used to say he could kill me with _______ or______ and it would look like natural causes. Heart attack.
2. Nothing shows up except their prescriptions and vitamins,and that says alot. IMO.

When our family member died and I got the autopsy report, it told me quite a bit about the last 24 hours of his life.

I tried to tell ya'll a while back that Sheriff Sills was in over his head (pardon the pun) and that they will never catch who did this. These guys were pros at killing and Russell Dermond ( or some of his children) are hiding something from the public.
Sill now saying the trail is cold and judge saying pretty much same thing.

I hope it's not true, but I'm beginning to think the killer(s) were pros and it won't be solved. If that's the case, there are secrets and more secrets, and the dead don't talk.

Seems to me that we are all divided over how we think this occurred - hit man, cult, or a druggie? I would hate for this not to be solved. It's hard for me to imagine that anyone, esp someone related or even hired by someone, would want to harm this couple who were almost 90. Could that have been the plan, to behead him (for proof) and put her in the lake to throw off LE? I wish SS would give us an update, anything - phone records, tox reports - just some information to give us hope that they have some leads to follow.
This breaks my heart and I think about them every day.

Thank you so much for your reply! I think I watched an interview with Greene Co. Sheriff. He spoke very highly of SS. Is it your opinion that Mrs. D was purposely placed on the Greene Co side of Lake Oconee and the killer/killers thought they were being clever, or they just thought it was a good place to dump a body and did not think she would be found there?

At this point, I don't think anyone knows what they were thinking except maybe the disposer (s).

QUOTE=Bootsctr;10677211As for the GBI, what could they bring in that the FBI hasn't? I'm being serious. Sills is using a federal agency. What does the state agencies have that the federal doesn't? IMO, the GBI is probably talking among themselves about this case. Brainstorming, but they don't have the evidence to look at.

I have the pleasure of working with the retired Probate Judge of our county. He had over 30 years on the bench when he retired. He has followed this story in the MSM, and we had time to discuss it this morning. He said regarding when the GBI is requested, the local LE requests GBI help when the local LE has a conflict of interest, or could be implicated in the crime. They also are brought in when children must be questioned because they have experts in that. GBI is asked by LE to question specific suspects. GBI help is called in if the local LE feels that they are not capable of handling an investigation.

(We know that GBI processed the crime scene and that other LE agencies loaned their investigators to SS to conduct the interviews with the questionaires. We know that FBI is processing some of the possible evidence. We know that SS has made at least one trip to talk with GBI and talked with 9 different experts on that occasion. )

The Judge feels that the reason that the GBI is not in Putnam Co. right now is that there is nothing for them to do there. They don't have someone of interest for the GBI to interrogate. They don't have anything to do in Putnam Co. that local LE cannot and is not doing.

He also said that warrants in another county must be requested by the local LE in that county and from that county's Probate Judge. In other words, if they want to conduct a search on property in Greene Co. for instance, SS must ask SH and SH will get the warrant from his Probate Judge. BTW, warrants are a matter of public record.

Unfortunately, the Judge also feels that this will be an unsolved case. I hope he is wrong.

Again, just background. Sorry if this comes out screwy, I am still learning how to do this.

<BBM for Focus>

DAMIFINO, I posted a question on the GBI's Facebook page on 06/25/2014; 'Why is the GBI not assisting in the Dermond murder investigation'?

The GBI replied with a link that explained when they could get involved in an investigation. One of the options was; if the Sheriff requested their assistance.

On 06/27/2014 the GBI posted the resources that they provide and also had a twitter chat -
GBI Facebook Link>
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Georgia-Bureau-of-Investigation/240044036157568

The GBI was not involved in the CSI at the Dermond's home or SD's body location on LO. They were/are involved with the tox reports, and the autopsies S & D Dermond were performed by the State/GBI Medical Examiner.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is the U.S. state of Georgia's state ...
was also authorized to assist in criminal investigations when requested to do so by the local Sheriff.

June 26, 2014 10:00 p.m.
Keeping Georgia&#8217;s communities safe
Israel police train Covington residents in counterterrorism

http://www.covnews.com/section/1/article/53690/
<snipped - read more>
Covington residents Gregory Dozier, Georgia Department of Corrections, and Inspector Sandra Putnam with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation returned from Israel after spending two weeks learning new public safety techniques and technologies.

They were in a delegation of 16 senior Georgia public safety officials led in training by Israel police officers experienced in counterterrorism measures.

Dozier and Putnam participated in the 22nd annual peer-to-peer public safety training exchange organized by the Georgia International Law Enforcement Exchange (GILEE). They joined police officers from Atlanta, Conyers, Pine Lake, Pooler, Sandy Springs and Rome and Sheriffs from Fulton, Hall, Rockdale and Telfair counties along with delegates from the state&#8217;s departments DNR, and public safety. A special agent in charge from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation also joined the delegation.

This ongoing discussion about not having the GBI involved has been hashed daily. Having the FBI working on the case brings the latest and best technology as well as the top experts in all fields of crime.

I agree that this case is bigger than SS. He did the right thing by calling the FBI at the very beginning. And yes, I am aware that kidnapping involves the FBI. This case is so horrific the fact that the FBI has been on it from the start, and there are still no leads, is sad. But the GBI could not have done anymore or could not add anything different at this point.

How many families would have loved for the FBI to have been involved in their loved ones case?

My opinions only!

This ongoing discussion about not having the GBI involved has been hashed daily. Having the FBI working on the case brings the latest and best technology as well as the top experts in all fields of crime.

I agree that this case is bigger than SS. He did the right thing by calling the FBI at the very beginning. And yes, I am aware that kidnapping involves the FBI. This case is so horrific the fact that the FBI has been on it from the start, and there are still no leads, is sad. But the GBI could not have done anymore or could not add anything different at this point.

How many families would have loved for the FBI to have been involved in their loved ones case?

My opinions only!

:tyou::goodpost:

Seems to me that we are all divided over how we think this occurred - hit man, cult, or a druggie? I would hate for this not to be solved. It's hard for me to imagine that anyone, esp someone related or even hired by someone, would want to harm this couple who were almost 90. Could that have been the plan, to behead him (for proof) and put her in the lake to throw off LE? I wish SS would give us an update, anything - phone records, tox reports - just some information to give us hope that they have some leads to follow.
This breaks my heart and I think about them every day.

I'm beginning to think that this was the plan and it was well planned. I believe the reason was personal - only something the Dermonds and the killers knew. Hard to find a link when two of the people who knew the secret are dead. Mrs. Dermond didn't gossip and I'm pretty sure Mr. Dermond was tight-lipped about everything regarding his finances and family.

OFF TOPIC: Killer Kids on Lifetime (channel 109 Dish) 7:00 Central time - Peeping Theodore & The Six Education (2014) A death row confession reveals the truth of what happened to a missing 8-year-old girl. Theodore is Ted Bundy.

My opinions only!

<BBM for Focus>

1&2&3, I agree that the FBI is a very valuable investigative resource and salute Sheriff Sills for requesting their assistance.. Why not request both the GBI and FBI?

A high profile abduction/homicide/decapitation investigation, as is the Dermond investigation, is very demanding on investigators, who pays a very high price due to the toll it takes on them.. We witnessed this when SS gave investigators the critical Memorial Day weekend off.. If the GBI's special agents/investigators were involved, this break in the case may not have been necessary, imo.

Once Shirley Dermond's remains were located, it was no longer an abduction investigation, and the FBI's assistance was diminished considerably.

Imo, it should be obvious that the perp/s responsible for the Dermond murders/abduction/decapitation have no human emotions, empathy for others, and is a very evil sadistic psychopath. Psychopaths, usually of higher intelligence are very creative, calculating, deflective, and manipulative.. All of these traits are indicated in this heinous crime.

The Dermond's son KD said that he believed that his parent's murders were the result of a cult. When I first read this, due to the rarity of homicides by cults, satan worshippers, etc. I thought nothing else about KD's theory...until learning of Sheriff Sills' Nawaubian Cult investigation and the eventual prosecution, conviction, and sentencing of Dwight Malachi York to 135 years in Federal Super Max, Florence, CO.

Imo, the Dermonds were random targets and the motive/s for their murders/abduction/decapitation were retribution for the perceived injustices against their pedophile predator prophet; DMY, by the Putnam County Justice System, specifically Sheriff Howard Sills..

Imo, this horrific crime was very well planned, meticulously carried out by well trained/experienced/organized perp/s, and was meant to terrorize the Reynolds Plantation/Gate Water/Putnam county community....

All available investigative resources should be utilized in the Dermond investigation..
'Without Public Safety for our families, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing"..

<BBM for Focus>

1&2&3, I agree that the FBI is a very valuable investigative resource and salute Sheriff Sills for requesting their assistance.. Why not request both the GBI and FBI?

A high profile abduction/homicide/decapitation investigation, as is the Dermond investigation, is very demanding on investigators, who pays a very high price due to the toll it plays on them.. We witnessed this when SS gave investigators the Memorial Day weekend off.. If the GBI's special agents/investigators were involved, this break in the case would not have been necessary, imo.

Once Shirley Dermond's remains were located, it was no longer an abduction investigation, and the FBI's assistance was diminished considerably.

<BBM>

I thought it was strange that SS gave investigators the weekend off. SS had to be acutely aware of the incredibly high number of potential suspects and I think having more investigators available would have been an option he would chosen. :confused:

Imo, it should be obvious that the perp/s responsible for the Dermond murders/abduction/decapitation have no human emotions, empathy for others, and is a very evil sadistic psychopath. Psychopaths, usually of higher intelligence are very creative, calculating, deflective, and manipulative.. All of these traits are indicated in this heinous crime.

The Dermond's son KD said that he believed that his parent's murders were the result of a cult. When I first read this, due to the rarity of homicides by cults, satan worshippers, etc. I thought nothing else about KD's theory...until learning of Sheriff Sills' Nawaubian Cult investigation and the eventual prosecution, conviction, and sentencing of Dwight Malachi York to 135 years in Federal Super Max, Florence, CO.

Imo, the Dermonds were random targets and the motive/s for their murders/abduction/decapitation were retribution for the perceived injustices against their pedophile predator prophet; DMY, by the Putnam County Justice System, specifically Sheriff Howard Sills..

Imo, this horrific crime was very well planned, meticulously carried out by well trained/experienced/organized perp/s, and was meant to terrorize the Reynolds Plantation/Gate Water/Putnam county community....

All available investigative resources should be utilized in the Dermond investigation..
'Without Public Safety for our families, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing"..

:gthanks: :goodpost: I could not agree with your post more. I'm beginning to think that there might be a link between the Dermonds and the Nawaubian cult AND Sheriff Sills. I cannot in good conscious rule out members of the Nawaubian cult committing the Dermonds' murders. There's too much history between SS and the NC to ignore.

:gthanks: :goodpost: I could not agree with your post more. I'm beginning to think that there might be a link between the Dermonds and the Nawaubian cult AND Sheriff Sills. I cannot in good conscious rule out members of the Nawaubian cult committing the Dermonds' murders. There's too much history between SS and the NC to ignore.

Would any of the NC members be known to the Dermonds?

Would any of the NC members be known to the Dermonds?

southernmimi, the most difficult cases for investigators to solve are those that involve random targeted victims. Imo, the Dermonds were randomly targeted due to their private secluded lakeside lot in GW...

I hate to ask this dumb question (but my excuse is I'm really tired and can't even think of how to ask) but since I haven't read all the info about the cult, were they that familiar with the lake? Were they fishermen/hunters, too? I may have to download that book on my Kindle soon; it may change my perspective. Thanks to everyone!

I hate to ask this dumb question (but my excuse is I'm really tired and can't even think of how to ask) but since I haven't read all the info about the cult, were they that familiar with the lake? Were they fishermen/hunters, too? I may have to download that book on my Kindle soon; it may change my perspective. Thanks to everyone!

<BBM for Focus>

Happyshoes, no way to know if they were familiar with the lake, but there are many indicators that the abduction/murders/decapitation of the Dermonds were very well planned. The NC had a military style security force that was analogous to a well trained and violent militia. There likely would have been a recon mission, infra-red night vision goggles, as well as trial runs to familiarize the perp/s, imo..

Wished we knew more about the stolen boat that was recovered;
http://themonticellonews.com/dnr-arrests-three-on-jackson-lake-road-p10902-1.htm
&#8226;On May 29 the JCSO reported the recovery of a John boat and trailer which were reported stolen out of Putnam County.

<BBM>

I thought it was strange that SS gave investigators the weekend off. SS had to be acutely aware of the incredibly high number of potential suspects and I think having more investigators available would have been an option he would chosen. :confused:

Maybe SS was "encouraged" to give the investigators the weekend off. By the FBI.
Did SS say he was off? Did he say the FBI agents/investigators/resources had the weekend off?
Just my thoughts. Just my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members