GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe SS was "encouraged" to give the investigators the weekend off. By the FBI.
Did SS say he was off? Did he say the FBI agents/investigators/resources had the weekend off?
Just my thoughts. Just my opinions.

This particular article, from May 24th, 2014, mentions Memorial Day weekend, and that the deputies will be patrolling the lake, and also DNR will be patrolling the lake all weekend, and
" After 18 straight days of long days, Sills was taking his first break from the case Saturday to help a former colleague celebrate a milestone.

“We’ve done about all we can do,” he tiredly said Saturday morning."

"He also gave his investigators the weekend off because the case is now focused on paper trails, legal filings and tracking down leads in the business community that’s shut down until Tuesday."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/24/3113748/dermond-slayings-expected-to-effect.html#storylink=cpy

1. Something they were not prescribed shows up. Did they find any tiny puncture wounds, i.e., syringe marks, on either body when they did the autopsies? My former spouse used to say he got paid to "wake people up after surgery". And he used to say he could kill me with _______ or______ and it would look like natural causes. Heart attack.
2. Nothing shows up except their prescriptions and vitamins,and that says alot. IMO.

When our family member died and I got the autopsy report, it told me quite a bit about the last 24 hours of his life.

OTPTarheel

For your sake, I'm glad it was your "former" spouse who made the statement about making a cause of death accidental!

Hopefully the toxicology reports will be forthcoming.:twocents:

IMHO

<BBM for Focus>

Happyshoes, no way to know if they were familiar with the lake, but there are many indicators that the abduction/murders/decapitation of the Dermonds were very well planned. The NC had a military style security force that was analogous to a well trained and violent militia. There likely would have been a recon mission, infra-red night vision goggles, as well as trial runs to familiarize the perp/s, imo..

Wished we knew more about the stolen boat that was recovered;
http://themonticellonews.com/dnr-arrests-three-on-jackson-lake-road-p10902-1.htm
•On May 29 the JCSO reported the recovery of a John boat and trailer which were reported stolen out of Putnam County.

Since we have no news and haven't for so long. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the outcome is. It is so frustrating isn't it? jmo

I am sure the Dermonds had a trust in place, which is confidential to the public (i.e., trusts do not go through probate).

Odd thoughts that run through my brain when i'm trying to sleep....

We know that the Dermonds at one time had a boat that has since been sold. They had cars in the garage. But what about a motor home? Any mention of them having one? Maybe kept it at an off site storage?

just grasping for straws...

Odd thoughts that run through my brain when i'm trying to sleep....

We know that the Dermonds at one time had a boat that has since been sold. They had cars in the garage. But what about a motor home? Any mention of them having one? Maybe kept it at an off site storage?

just grasping for straws...

What are you thinking about a motor home? ty

I an being cautious in what I write because I don't want to get booted, or cause the thread to be under review again.

There are many profiles on a business website that state people are retired from a company that RD was retired from. I believe RDs profile is a fake. I believe they are all fake. Who wrote
them ? Why? There are many profiles, obviously written by the same person.

The SP profile,an obvious fake profile of a fictitious person,and an obscure reference to the obscure song,was listed as an officer of that company. I find it interesting the subject of the SP song is " ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies"... I believe whoever wrote the fake profiles is sending a message, and I think it's possible the fake profile writer is the perp. Or associated with the perp.

JMO

I think this theory sounds promising. I hope Sheriff Sills knows about these profiles, who they are connected to ( the psychologist ), and the phony SP profile. There has to be something linking the killer to the Dermond's, and this might very well point to something more ...

I hope we hear from Sheriff Sills this week!

This ongoing discussion about not having the GBI involved has been hashed daily. Having the FBI working on the case brings the latest and best technology as well as the top experts in all fields of crime.

I agree that this case is bigger than SS. He did the right thing by calling the FBI at the very beginning. And yes, I am aware that kidnapping involves the FBI. This case is so horrific the fact that the FBI has been on it from the start, and there are still no leads, is sad. But the GBI could not have done anymore or could not add anything different at this point.

How many families would have loved for the FBI to have been involved in their loved ones case?

My opinions only!

ITA. Sheriff Sills has his reasons for not calling in GBI. I trust his judgement. Also, Sheriff Sills has made it a point to tell the public what he feels he can. Most of the time LE doesn't tell the public squat. I believe this case will be solved, but not as soon as we'd like it to be. I also believe nobody wants this solved more than Sheriff Sills, and he's doing what he needs to do to solve this.

southernmimi, the most difficult cases for investigators to solve are those that involve random targeted victims. Imo, the Dermonds were randomly targeted due to their private secluded lakeside lot in GW...

Sheriff Sills has said that the Dermond's knew their killer. I do not believe the Dermond's knew anyone involved with the NC.

What are you thinking about a motor home? ty

Not much. Just the thought came to my mind. Maybe someplace else to check for some kind of evidence. Maybe, maybe not.

ITA. Sheriff Sills has his reasons for not calling in GBI. I trust his judgement. Also, Sheriff Sills has made it a point to tell the public what he feels he can. Most of the time LE doesn't tell the public squat. I believe this case will be solved, but not as soon as we'd like it to be. I also believe nobody wants this solved more than Sheriff Sills, and he's doing what he needs to do to solve this.
<BBM for Focus>

Yes, Solitaryone, Sheriff Sills is a very honorable man, and his legacy is likely riding on a successful conclusion to this investigation, imo. In the Dwight York-NC investigation there were parallel investigations in progress.

One was over land use and zoning violations, which was highly publicized. Due to an NC member whistleblower's tip, a 2nd investigation of racketeering and child molestation by DMY was privately being conducted. As in the Dermond murder investigation, the FBI assisted Sheriff Sills in this silent, delicate, and close to the vest inquiry.

Hopefully, this identical investigative strategy is in place in the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation..jmo

Sheriff Sills has said that the Dermond's knew their killer. I do not believe the Dermond's knew anyone involved with the NC.

Sheriff Sills has said that he assumed the Dermond's knew their killer..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-elderly-georgia-couple-likely-knew-killers-sheriff-says/

May 21, 2014 ... Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills told the paper Tuesday that he is operating
on the assumption that Shirley and Russell Dermond "were at least minimally acquainted with whoever did this"..

I hate to ask this dumb question (but my excuse is I'm really tired and can't even think of how to ask) but since I haven't read all the info about the cult, were they that familiar with the lake? Were they fishermen/hunters, too? I may have to download that book on my Kindle soon; it may change my perspective. Thanks to everyone!

Good morning Happyshoes and everyone! Thought I might add a little information regarding the United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors aka Dwight York aka "Chief Black Eagle" aka &#8220;Ansaru Allah Community&#8221; (AAC).

"In 1993, York bought a 476-acre property in Putnam County, Ga., and moved there with members of his Brooklyn chapter. The relative isolation of the land probably appealed to him; the largest town in the region is Eatonton, population 6,764 in 2000. The move may also have been prompted by the fact that the group had been investigated by the FBI for criminal acts allegedly committed by its members in Brooklyn, including arson, welfare fraud, and illegal possession of weapons."

"York&#8217;s operation became very profitable. During a June 1998 &#8220;Savior&#8217;s Day&#8221; celebration at the Georgia compound, York took in about $500,000. He charged Nuwaubians $25 a year for their Nuwaubian &#8220;passports,&#8221; which allowed them to enter and exit the compound. A network of chapters and bookstores, called All Eyes on Egipt, also brought in funds, and members continued to raise money through begging and holding jobs."

"A Nuwabian member, along with several "associates" of the group, were indicted in Atlanta for counterfeiting payroll checks to the tune of $5 million. (A son of York's was indicted in Richmond, Va., on similar charges.) Two men with reputed ties to the Nuwaubian Nation were arrested for armed robbery in Rockdale County, halfway between Putnam and Atlanta.

"There's a myriad of criminal activity associated with the group," Sills says."

The part that I bolded and enlarged is what makes me wonder if somehow there is a connection between the Dermonds and the Nuwabians. I know Mr. Dermond was no longer active in the restaurant chain business, but I assume he still maintained a presence especially regarding the finances and profits and losses. I would be interested in what companies had their payroll checks counterfeited and who helped "catch the counterfeiters" and who testified against them, etc.

Anyway, the Nuwaubians have sued Sheriff Sills 12 times and even attempted to place a lien on Sheriff Sills property.

The women of the group were impregnated by Dwight York in order to draw welfare checks and the women who weren't pregnant were given urine by the pregnant women in order to file for welfare checks. Hmmmmm..... lots of fraud going on with these folks.

I read that a lot of the local folks joined the Nuwabian bandwagon when they came to Putnam County, Georgia. I don't really know if the original Nuwaubian cult members knew how to fish or hunt, but I feel positive that the locals from Putnam county knew how to fish and hunt and were quite familiar with the lay of the land including Lake Oconee. Now by the time Sheriff Sills arrested Dwight York the numbers of the cult had dwindled, but there are always a few die-hards. He still has an active web site and I am sure there are still a few faithful to him. I don't believe all members went back to where they came (New York). They hung around in Georgia, especially the locals who joined :moo:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-inform...s/2002/fall/savior-in-a-strange-land?page=0,2

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

For what it's worth, there is a cult in Houston County where I live. They have a supreme leader. All the men stay at the compound and the women are sent into the community to work - at the Family Dollar Store, cleaning houses, etc. They even allow their children to attend public school. They aren't really into guns or militia-type training. In fact, they are called a Hippy Commune more than a cult. I believe they would much rather smoke a joint and lay around doing nothing that start a war.

Anyhow, I meant no disrespect to Sheriff Sills and his comment about giving his workers off for the Memorial Day weekend. I am sure they all needed it and he probably need a break himself although it sounded like he worked going through paperwork. From what I have seen and heard of Sheriff Sills, I like him a lot. I hope he can solve this case. I wish him luck because he's going to need it. Hopefully, the perps will be caught and justice will be served because no one deserves it more than the people of Putnam County Georgia and the residents of Great Water/Reynolds Plantation. I hope this upcoming Fourth of July is one of the best ever for everyone, and it would be even better if we knew who killed the Dermonds and they were behind bars. :moo:

:happy4th::fireworks2::fireworks:

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills told the paper Tuesday that he is operating on the assumption that Shirley and Russell Dermond "were at least minimally acquainted with whoever did this."

"That's an assumption, coupled with some physical evidence," Sills continued.

Police have said the home, which is in a gated, exclusive community guarded by private security, showed no signs of a struggle or forced entry and no ransom note was left behind.

It wasn't until 10 days later, on May 16, that two fishermen found Shirley's body in Lake Oconee, five to six miles from the couple's home. Officials have said she died of blunt force trauma to the head before she was submerged in the water.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-elderly-georgia-couple-likely-knew-killers-sheriff-says/

The newspapers sure make it sound like Mrs. D was weighted down, but again that's just my opinion. Seems like I read early on that Mrs. D was found close to some kind of ancient Indian rock formation of a bird. Did I dream that up?

Thanks so much, Bootsctr. I couldn't get the book on York on my Kindle (hardcover only) so did read a few articles last night. I liked your info better than what I read. I can see how this can all be connected; I think my initial thoughts about it were that they were old news, not there anymore, disbanded (hopefully), etc. This train of thought that you are onto is about revenge and money (so many cases are the "follow the money" type). I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.
ps..your name reminds me of all the line dancing I used to do!

The newspapers sure make it sound like Mrs. D was weighted down, but again that's just my opinion. Seems like I read early on that Mrs. D was found close to some kind of ancient Indian rock formation of a bird. Did I dream that up?

Good morning Bootsctr. BBM for focus. You are probably referring to Rock Eagle - which is an ancient Indian rock formation of a bird. There is a 4-H Camp and the mound near Eatonton, GA....
See this for more info: http://www.rockeagle4h.org/about.html#mound

Thanks so much, Bootsctr. I couldn't get the book on York on my Kindle (hardcover only) so did read a few articles last night. I liked your info better than what I read. I can see how this can all be connected; I think my initial thoughts about it were that they were old news, not there anymore, disbanded (hopefully), etc. This train of thought that you are onto is about revenge and money (so many cases are the "follow the money" type). I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.
ps..your name reminds me of all the line dancing I used to do!

Happyshoes, you make a good :websleuther:!

ETA: But it's against TOS to sleuth fellow memembers :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Didn't lakeoconee or tomkat post a prior comment about a road that leads to another rock formation directly across from where SD was located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6