GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxfire or anyone....a beheading on the anniversary of bin Laden's death, his body disposed of at sea, SD "buried" in a lake. Is this the type of "statement crime" that the NewWabs would do? Don't know any of the interweavings of their religion with the radical Islams. Just searching.

I can't print 80 pages but am curious, what book is this? Ungodly? When I pulled this up, the google search showed 'Militia judge arrest warrant for SS'...?' Where did you find this site? Sorry if I seem to question everything, just my nature, plus it's past my bedtime.

While we don't know the exact date of Mr. D's death, my theory is that it happened after dark on Friday, May 2. Has it been discussed that May 2 is the anniversary of bin Laden's death? And there are the conspiracy theorists out there that claim bin Laden was beheaded and his head shipped to Yale's Skull & Bones club.

I think Friday,too. And I have a big question mark about Thursday and the trip back from Publix.

Wish we knew when the last time there was a phone call/text/alarm armed/unarmed.

While we don't know the exact date of Mr. D's death, my theory is that it happened after dark on Friday, May 2. Has it been discussed that May 2 is the anniversary of bin Laden's death? And there are the conspiracy theorists out there that claim bin Laden was beheaded and his head shipped to Yale's Skull & Bones club.

WOW< is that true?! Well, then, not to forget the article that's been posted here several times started by CP I think, "it's not the end of the day yet" was the last comment posted there

dated May 2, 2014 IIRC

For the Nuwaubians or anybody else trying to make a statement to Sills or the community: Why would they select such low-profile people? They are not rich by local standards. Don't get me wrong I would feel pretty comfortable owning a couple of successful fast food franchises. But there is a former CEO of one of the big three US auto makers living here, CEO of Revlon, CEO of Calaphon, managing partner of Lehman Brothers. Heirs to Coca Cola and on and on. I can't even remember all the pedigrees I know. This is basically a community of meritocracy not aristocracy. I am always stunned by the accomplishments and the people I run into at the clubhouse. Engineers, scientists, etc...I don't know how to describe the awe I feel. However lovely the Dermonds were, they weren't attention-getters and didn't want to be.

I keep proclaiming my last post, and maybe this will be it. Local thinking (among my acquaintances) is that the children had nothing to do with these murders, but the murders had to do with that family.

Please don't let this be your last post. I value your opinions and your insight and I know I'm not the only one who values it. I look forward to your posts.

"There is simply no way to soften the harsh reality that Dwight York repeatedly raped dozens of children, some of them on a daily basis, and some of those assaults continued over a period of years," he writes.

"Some of the girls who were adolescents when he started to molest them grew up to be women who bore him children; and, in a few cases, they groomed younger children to be receptive to be his next generation of victims. In some cases, the adult concubines participated in the sex crimes."

It was one of those victims who first told her story to Osinski, who later became a witness in the child molestation investigation of York by Sills and the FBI.

Because some of York's victims remain traumatized, afraid, or ashamed, Osinski has made a commitment to donate half of any royalties he receives from the sale of "Ungodly" to a fund to aid the victims—who he calls "the lambs who brought down the wolf."
http://www.nuwaubianfacts.com/2007Jul27.htm

For the Nuwaubians or anybody else trying to make a statement to Sills or the community: Why would they select such low-profile people? They are not rich by local standards. Don't get me wrong I would feel pretty comfortable owning a couple of successful fast food franchises. But there is a former CEO of one of the big three US auto makers living here, CEO of Revlon, CEO of Calaphon, managing partner of Lehman Brothers. Heirs to Coca Cola and on and on. I can't even remember all the pedigrees I know. This is basically a community of meritocracy not aristocracy. I am always stunned by the accomplishments and the people I run into at the clubhouse. Engineers, scientists, etc...I don't know how to describe the awe I feel. However lovely the Dermonds were, they weren't attention-getters and didn't want to be.

I keep proclaiming my last post, and maybe this will be it. Local thinking (among my acquaintances) is that the children had nothing to do with these murders, but the murders had to do with that family.

Minions? I don't know what you mean by this.

IMO if someone was looking for people who would be easy targets the Dermond's ages and the fact that no one else lived with them could make them targets. Also, dock access and no close neighbors could make them targets. Some of the more well known names who live there might have more sophisticated security and cameras.

Remember, I am still here, and have not jumped on the NC bandwagon. The information about the NC is very interesting, but I find it hard to take the NC to the next level (murders) of low profile, elderly, members of society. I have an open mind, and maybe I will change. But, in any event, we value your posts and insights, and please stay. :two cents:

IMHO

I can't imagine that terrorists would be going after elderly couples. In my opinion, if terrorists were to dish out beheadings, they would target a younger crowd and/or more affluent people. And again my opinion... they wouldn't have disposed of Mrs D in the manner she had been left. My opinion is that this case is too personal for terrorists.

But, lakeoconee, not to be difficult or argumentative (although my husband has said I would argue with a fence post), whomever committed the murders has made a statement, have they not? By killing the Dermonds they proved that Reynolds Plantations was not impenetrable. Surely having a pedigree doesn't make one less immune to fear.

I agree with your statement BBM. From what I understand one of the sons lives in Atlanta and Mr. Dermond himself:

EATONTON, Ga. -- It was the late 1980s and Russell Dermond, a meticulous World War II-era Navy man and college honor grad, wanted to leave something for his children.
Russell Dermond, 88 was found dead in his garage. His wife of 62 years, Shirley Dermond, is missing.

So at 58 he retired after spending much of his career with a company that owned clock brands Westclox and Seth Thomas and went into the fast-food business. Before long he would oversee a chain of 16 Hardee’s restaurants that ringed metropolitan Atlanta.
http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-05-10/decapitation-mystery-they-didnt-deserve

Could this not be a link to what the NC/York was doing in Atlanta with counterfeiting payroll checks?

He built mosques and other facilities in places including Harford; Baltimore; Atlanta; Cleveland; Detroit; Pittsburgh; Philadelphia; Washington, D.C.; London, England; Toronto, Canada; and Trinidad and Jamaica.

A Nuwabian member, along with several "associates" of the group, were indicted in Atlanta for counterfeiting payroll checks to the tune of $5 million.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-inform...s/2002/fall/savior-in-a-strange-land?page=0,2

5 million dollars is not chump change. The Dermonds certainly could have been "vaguely familiar" with some Nuwaubians. Maybe we can agree to disagree?

Remember, I am still here, and have not jumped on the NC bandwagon. The information about the NC is very interesting, but I find it hard to take the NC to the next level (murders) of low profile, elderly, members of society. I have an open mind, and maybe I will change. But, in any event, we value your posts and insights, and please stay. :two cents:

IMHO

I do not think the NC had anything to do with this either. If Sheriff Sills thought they did, I'm sure there would have been warnings to the public. I think the killer lives in GW and knows LO well.

I can't imagine that terrorists would be going after elderly couples. In my opinion, if terrorists were to dish out beheadings, they would target a younger crowd and/or more affluent people. And again my opinion... they wouldn't have disposed of Mrs D in the manner she had been left. My opinion is that this case is too personal for terrorists.

ITA! The Dermond's and the killer knew each other. The killer is intimately familiar with GW/LO. The killer is an experienced hunter. The killer is right there in the community. I hope Sheriff Sills gives an update soon!

BBM. Don't. Your local insight is invaluable. We may float some crazy balloons at times, but I for one am just completely stymied and baffled based upon what has been released publicly and will float anything at this point.

Your acquaintances may be dead on right. But if we are going to sleuth here, we may posit some stupid things and have that pointed out to us. Just part of the process. You have done a great job pointing stuff out. Thanks.

BBM. Don't. Your local insight is invaluable. We may float some crazy balloons at times, but I for one am just completely stymied and baffled based upon what has been released publicly and will float anything at this point.

Your acquaintances may be dead on right. But if we are going to sleuth here, we may posit some stupid things and have that pointed out to us. Just part of the process. You have done a great job pointing stuff out. Thanks.

What if. . . there is no head? What if Mr. Dermond surprised a would-be robber who shot him in the head with a high-powered shotgun? It could have completely you know. . . Just because Sheriff Sills says the head was removed doesn't mean it could not have been removed with a shot gun blast. There that's my crazy balloon that will probably sink like lead.

ITA! The Dermond's and the killer knew each other. The killer is intimately familiar with GW/LO. The killer is an experienced hunter. The killer is right there in the community. I hope Sheriff Sills gives an update soon!

I lean towards this theory too. Like a feud between a neighbor or someone within the community ~ that the Dermonds did not speak of nor the killer. Fear thy neighbor!

I agree. If it was about money the perp could have kidnapped one of the RP gazillionaires (or one of their family members) for ransom.
This is personal. And historical. And that is why the Ds were not "attention getters" IMO.

LOL Lakeoconee, last post huh?
Lakeoconee, the Dermond's abduction/murders/decapitation had nothing to do with money, their accomplishments in life, or them voluntarily sacrificing their lives due to their lifestyles.

The Dermond's were simply in the right place at the wrong time; random targets, imo...
Their horrific murders were a riddle laden message of hidden justice to others...
'The writing is on the wall, and the devil is in the details'...jmo

I agree. If it was about money the perp could have kidnapped one of the RP gazillionaires (or one of their family members) for ransom.
This is personal. And historical. And that is why the Ds were not "attention getters" IMO.

Exactly..............

and It occurred to me...........It's interesting that the question continues to be "WHY THE DERMONDS"

Maybe that is the answer, because if random, it could have been ANYONE

It's been talked about back and forth about whether the Dermonds were killed by accident; that perhaps the killer had the wrong house. But it never occurred to me that it was the right house but WRONG DERMOND?!?

Poking around, I came across a reference to a Dermond (with a familiar first name) in Abu Dhabi, UAE. He has a son, also with a familiar name. It just so happens he and his brother founded a VERY successful aerospace and military defense company.

I know it's a slim to nil chance, but I'm grasping at straws at this point...

Could you give us the initials of the first names for the father and two sons? How odd! When would this have been? I'm very curious!

I do not think the NC had anything to do with this either. If Sheriff Sills thought they did, I'm sure there would have been warnings to the public. I think the killer lives in GW and knows LO well.

Really? Do you think he would announce this if he has no definitive proof yet but only suspicion? Just sayin'.............but I'm not at all 100 % convinced of anything, except this statement, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj