GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://history.howstuffworks.com/historical-events/10-biggest-cases-of-revenge.htm

Revenge. Vendetta.

I've been reading about revenge. 10 big cases and I am sure they are many more....Pretty interesting stuff IMO. Especially the WW2 stuff. "A dish best served cold...revenge."

If someone sought revenge against Mr. D., would they have killed SD first in front of him...or harmed some of his family members to cause him suffering of some sort. To me, killing someone cuts short the joy of revenge...whatever that is.

Seems to me...Mr. Dermond royally ticked someone off...recently. I love reading all the theories and the complicated plots...but I still think this was a local person. I don't agree that there was retribution for something that happened years ago...why would anyone wait for someone to almost reach 90 before they came after them? I think Mr. D was probably a businessman who could be a little abrasive in some of his dealings. An ex-military man who owned so many franchises wouldn't have time for a lot of foolishness from anyone. IMO, he made someone in his area very angry, and they came.

Like I asked in the first thread........"HOW the hell do you make it to 90 only to be murdered and decapitated?!"

I mean, you die of health complications, right ?!

Yes, I believe this may be true also, whether someone in the NC or just some joe blow, as he pissed them off and maybe (if in NC) an after thought as "killing two birds" with one stone STS, (kill and confused Sills) or someone in Business, he turned down, turned in or rejected or whatever

You don't get to 90 and get beheaded for no reason, of course there are several scenarios that make sense to me

But you certainly dont' own that many franchises and be an idiot and naive and you see and hear a LOT and also not piss someone off

IDK !

I read early on a comment from an article regarding the Dermonds and their francise business "that if you are in business and you're successful you will have enemies." I agree.

OH I AGREE, and you dont' know to what degree someone will take their anger

If someone sought revenge against Mr. D., would they have killed SD first in front of him...or harmed some of his family members to cause him suffering of some sort. To me, killing someone cuts short the joy of revenge...whatever that is.

anddddd, how do we know that they DID NOT do just that

I am not suggesting that the Atlanta gang described in the article linked below is involved in the Dermond murders, but it describes a case that has been pretty big news in the middle Georgia area over the past few days.

What makes it interesting to me in relation to the Dermond case, though, is not the shooting for which the recent charges were filed (see first paragraphs), but for the earlier kidnapping referenced in later "background" paragraphs (which I've bolded in the quotes).

Good example to show that terrible revenge is sometimes sought AND that yes, sometimes perps mistake identities and/or locations. (And sometimes the internet is involved in making those "mistakes".):

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/06/30/317...arner-robins-killing.html?sp=/99/148/198/210/

Yea I was going to post that last night too, just shows how these gangs operate too I guess

Those would be THUGS? As sills had named in the interviews?

Well, they travel near and far ! Took 6 months to find these perps but they had a video that helped,seems gangs are getting a little more advanced in their endeavors, took one from NC or tried and to bring them back to ATL!? WTH

But..This case has ................NOTHING, no video, no forensics

so far as we know

2 months has been a long time already it seems

what exactly is your point? Not to be rude but are you questioning the judgment of sheriff sills regarding his belief that it was not in the best interest if his investigation to involved gbi? He stated clearly enough why he didn't trust the gbi. Do you know how much crap he likely took from publicly stating that kind of position against the gbi being involved in an investigation? I'm not seeing how that position benefited sheriff sills at all publicly or politically. Id rather stand behind one man with good principles then enable an army of men with unknown ones.

point: Imo; caught between a rock and hard place ??

It's like you took the thoughts right out of my head.
And for the record GBI HAS been involved.
Their labs and profilers have been utilized in this case.
I think this is a mute topic and FBI is lead on this case and has even from the start. Sheriff Sills is playing be their rules IMO.

EVERY THING has been REHASHED, I'm getting DIZZY! LOL

But sounds like he might not trust them

I mentioned the salon, someone we know said a GBI agent came in and was kind of huffy when asked if they were working on the D's case "he said, no we were run out of there!"

So he CLEARLY didnt' want them there, for whatever reasons

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD, speculation only

Four hour meeting yesterday, 1July

"Unfortunately, I wish I could tell you that I had a clear suspect; I don't,"

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/01/lake-oconee-murders-putnam-county/11936237/

It is interesting to me, that he used the word "Clear".
He could have said.... I wish I could tell you I had a suspect; I don't.
Does that mean he suspects someone perhaps but doesn't have the information needed for arrest? Or maybe it means nothing, and I am hoping it means something......
IMOO.

MOO his statement means he is exactly where we are. full of varied theories about who the suspect could be but none clearly coming out as THE suspect.

MOO his statement means he is exactly where we are. full of varied theories about who the suspect could be but none clearly coming out as THE suspect.

HMM, not a whole lot said, nothing to tell I s'pose

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills is obviously frustrated that one of his biggest cases of his nearly 40-year law enforcement career isn't solved yet.

"Unfortunately, I wish I could tell you that I had a clear suspect; I don't," he told 11Alive.

It's only been 2 months, but I guess if you have NOTHING to go on, no video, no prints, no dna, no DESCRIPTION OF THE 'MAN CALLER" that was lurking in their lakeside yard.......it's be lots longer unless someone does know something or hears something

Yes I agree, he probably has lots of "could be's", but nothing definitive

Sounds like they may be going to think outside the box now? Getting fresh input from the meeting

Good Luck to them all !!

Interesting coincidences. But if it were retribution for OBL, it would be someone a much higher profile unless somebody is sending messages further up the line to NSA or CIA that they have a list of names and those folks will be picked off. Then again, why would RD be on THAT list?

While we are at it and talking about Muslims and Cults and such, try googling "kiryas joel" and tell me we don't have wackadoodles of all types right here in the USA.

Would think ANYone could be used as an example, maybe the age thing, maybe someone in the area, none of it makes sense, people who commit this kind of crime don't make sense anyway nor have a consciense, so i put nothing past them

gonna look up kiryas joel now, but even before i do, yes there are whackadoodles all around us !! Why I don't discount ANYthing, cuz ANYTHING is possible as far as I'm concerned and this kind of crime seems TOTALLY uncalled for and don't remember this kind of thing happening 30 years ago, tho I'm sure it must've but not as numerous as today

To all

:happy4th: :fireworks:

:seeya: after the Holiday

Be safe !

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/01/lake-oconee-murders-putnam-county/11936237/

<snipped from article>

Sills called a four-hour meeting Tuesday with several agencies, including the FBI as well as investigators from the District Attorney's office and some neighboring counties. He said they wanted fresh eyes to help them sift through everything they had from top to bottom.

Sills still believes the Dermond's knew their killer, even if only casually, but enough to let their guard down.

'Where have I heard the statement fresh eyes before'? ...the Holly Bobo abduction investigation. SS, doesn't sound too optimistic, imo

..officials weekly, and have brought in a new team of TBI investigators from across the state to look at the investigation with “fresh eyes,” http://www.examiner.com/article/hol...emains-active-rumors-case-went-cold-dispelled

My guess... he has someone or more than one who he thinks could have done it, but he does not have enough evidence or the right evidence, yet.

I never knew of Sills before this case, but like any good LE, I think he keeps a good poker face and never shows his hand.

My guess... he has someone or more than one who he thinks could have done it, but he does not have enough evidence or the right evidence, yet.

I never knew of Sills before this case, but like any good LE, I think he keeps a good poker face and never shows his hand.

I tend to agree. I think he has his suspicions, but not enough to slap on a set, or two, of handcuffs. JMO

Did the Dermond's daughter have any type of stake in the Kentucky Derby? Has anyone looked into this angle? Extortion?

This article, written by veteran WXIA reporter Paul Crawley, states Mr. D was found May 5.
I thought all along it was May 6.
????

According to my calendar, May 5 was Monday and Tuesday was the 6th. Maybe it's a typo. It's been reported from the beginning that Mr. D was found on Tuesday, May the 6th.

Well, what is everyone's take on the WXIA TV video/article; 'A fresh start in investigation into Lake Oconee murders'?
<BBM & sniped from the article> http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/01/lake-oconee-murders-putnam-county/11936237/

Sills called a four-hour meeting Tuesday with several agencies, including the FBI as well as investigators from the District Attorney's office and some neighboring counties. He said they wanted fresh eyes to help them sift through everything they had from top to bottom.

7 days ago - &#8220;I wouldn't sell my soul to the devil, but I'd lease it out to solve this case,&#8221; Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said Monday with a sigh.

Imo, a good start would be for Sheriff Sills to request the assistance of the well trained and experienced GBI elite special agents in the Dermond murder investigation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarcWahlberg