GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the smilies while in the "Reply" box along the top of it. There's a small box with a smilie face in it next to the box with the A. The new format is jarring. It's going to take awhile to get used to this.

I'm too scared to use my laptop!. Since the change i have been using my phone with Tapatalk and everything looks the same. :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Did you get a look at their pictures? The youngest one looks mean. Well they all kind of look mean and mad, but the youngest one with the little beard/goatee thing going on. He had a little smirk on his face. They certainly had access to a boat being in the boat repair business and all. And I could see Shirley opening the door to a woman at the door. If they used the ruse they were broken down in a boat and could they use their phone to call for help....

"They say" that you can make meth in your trunk going down the road. What if someone was pulled up in a boat in what they thought was a secluded cove cooking meth in their boat or someone's dock and someone saw them? Meth heads do strange things. Years ago, a guy who had a hunting camp across the road from me, brought a girl there for the weekend, they got methed up and he beat her for hours. She was finally able to call 911 and the LE got there before her boyfriend could kill her.
This bunch Sims and the Smiths, fits my criteria. Local thugs and meth heads, know the lake, have a boat/boats and one of them is loud. Are they connected with that Palacios guy that was caught with a kilo in Jones Co.? Jones Co. touches Sinclair. There used to be a marina there.

BTW, as far as I know, there is no water cut-through from Sinclair to Oconee but it an easy matter to trailer up and go to a boat ramp on the other lake.

"They say" that you can make meth in your trunk going down the road. What if someone was pulled up in a boat in what they thought was a secluded cove cooking meth in their boat or someone's dock and someone saw them? Meth heads do strange things. Years ago, a guy who had a hunting camp across the road from me, brought a girl there for the weekend, they got methed up and he beat her for hours. She was finally able to call 911 and the LE got there before her boyfriend could kill her.
This bunch Sims and the Smiths, fits my criteria. Local thugs and meth heads, know the lake, have a boat/boats and one of them is loud. Are they connected with that Palacios guy that was caught with a kilo in Jones Co.? Jones Co. touches Sinclair. There used to be a marina there.

BTW, as far as I know, there is no water cut-through from Sinclair to Oconee but it an easy matter to trailer up and go to a boat ramp on the other lake.

This was along the lines of my initial thoughts. Foxfire, knowing how you feel about "whodunit" - does this not seem plausible at all to you?

Also, I keep thinking of SS saying they had something like hundreds of hairs, fibers, and other dna..would love to hear something along those lines.

This was along the lines of my initial thoughts. Foxfire, knowing how you feel about "whodunit" - does this not seem plausible at all to you?

My initial thoughts too, Happyshoes, until it became obvious imo, that the crime was meant to be a message; a riddle lade message of revenge/retribution, imo. Virtually every psychopathic predator/serial killer case that I have researched since the CA speed freak serial killers of the 1980s had a direct or indirect meth link. There will likely be a meth link in the Dermond murders, imo.

Can't rule anything out at this point Happyshoes, but the indicators do not point to meth as being the motive. This crime was too well planned and executed; organized. "All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle...is another riddle." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meth manufacturing has a very distinct pungent odor similar to cat urine and would have been detected by other boaters or lakeside residences, imo. There is usually a breeze blowing on the lake..

There is a new method of meth manufacturing; Shake & Bake;

New 'Shake and Bake' Meth Method Explodes
Method Designed to Get Around New Laws
http://alcoholism.about.com/od/meth/a/shake_and_bake.htm
By Buddy T
Updated June 20, 2014

Also known as the "one pot" method, shake and bake meth is produced in a two-liter soda bottle. A few cold pills are mixed with common, but noxious, household chemicals and produces enough meth for the user to get a few hits.

Smaller, Mobile Meth Labs

The old meth labs required hundreds of pseudoephedrine pills, containers heated over open flames and cans of flammable liquids. The cooking process created foul odors making the labs difficult to conceal. They often sparked explosions.
The shake and bake method requires only a few pseudoephedrine pills, circumventing laws passed restricting the sale of large quantities of over-the-counter decongestants, cold and allergy remedies.

The new method requires little room. All of the necessary items can be carried in a backpack, making the process mobile. Drug users are making meth while driving around in their cars and throwing the used plastic bottles, containing a poisonous brown and white sludge, along the highway.

I personally didn't think they were cooking at the dock or on their boat, but just thinking they were going to steal something (guns/safe?). Sills had said he thought they came after something they thought the D's had, or am I wording it incorrectly? Possibly some bad people saw him at Publix - maybe Mr. D even made a withdrawal from the ATM there, so they would have cash for the Kentucky Derby party??
At first, I didn't think of this as a totally planned or organized hit, so I am very open to everything you are saying. Kidnapping Mrs. D could have been for ransom, but then why the blunt force trauma to her head? In my heart of hearts, I do have to admit that it seems this particular family was targeted, but why? If the Nubes (sorry, my word) wanted to hurt Sills, they had threatened his own family or child in the past - so why not someone closer to Sills?
When I think of hit, I think of someone who wanted their $$, and had a deadline to meet (someone who thought they would be dead by now?). Wish we knew if possibly some search warrants have been issued. Or just any news at this point! Think I'll go poolside now and read to get my mind off this sadness. Thanks to everybody who's hanging in here!

If it seems I am going in circles, then I have to say "you got that right"...

My initial thoughts too, Happyshoes, until it became obvious imo, that the crime was meant to be a message; a riddle lade message of revenge/retribution, imo. Virtually every psychopathic predator/serial killer case that I have researched since the CA speed freak serial killers of the 1980s had a direct or indirect meth link. There will likely be a meth link in the Dermond murders, imo.

Can't rule anything out at this point Happyshoes, but the indicators do not point to meth as being the motive. This crime was too well planned and executed; organized. "All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle...is another riddle." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meth manufacturing has a very distinct pungent odor similar to cat urine and would have been detected by other boaters or lakeside residences, imo. There is usually a breeze blowing on the lake..

By Buddy T
Updated June 20, 2014

Also known as the "one pot" method, shake and bake meth is produced in a two-liter soda bottle. A few cold pills are mixed with common, but noxious, household chemicals and produces enough meth for the user to get a few hits.

The old meth labs required hundreds of pseudoephedrine pills, containers heated over open flames and cans of flammable liquids. The cooking process created foul odors making the labs difficult to conceal. They often sparked explosions.
The shake and bake method requires only a few pseudoephedrine pills, circumventing laws passed restricting the sale of large quantities of over-the-counter decongestants, cold and allergy remedies.

The new method requires little room. All of the necessary items can be carried in a backpack, making the process mobile. Drug users are making meth while driving around in their cars and throwing the used plastic bottles, containing a poisonous brown and white sludge, along the highway.

LOL! That shows how much I know about it! Thanks for setting me straight!

I personally didn't think they were cooking at the dock or on their boat, but just thinking they were going to steal something (guns/safe?). Sills had said he thought they came after something they thought the D's had, or am I wording it incorrectly? Possibly some bad people saw him at Publix - maybe Mr. D even made a withdrawal from the ATM there, so they would have cash for the Kentucky Derby party??
At first, I didn't think of this as a totally planned or organized hit, so I am very open to everything you are saying. Kidnapping Mrs. D could have been for ransom, but then why the blunt force trauma to her head? In my heart of hearts, I do have to admit that it seems this particular family was targeted, but why? If the Nubes (sorry, my word) wanted to hurt Sills, they had threatened his own family or child in the past - so why not someone closer to Sills?
When I think of hit, I think of someone who wanted their $$, and had a deadline to meet (someone who thought they would be dead by now?). Wish we knew if possibly some search warrants have been issued. Or just any news at this point! Think I'll go poolside now and read to get my mind off this sadness. Thanks to everybody who's hanging in here!

I am confident that 'The circle will be unbroken', Happyshoes...

"Unfortunately, a super-abundance of dreams is paid for by a growing potential for nightmares." Sir Peter Ustinov

Will the circle be unbroken?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e0EHs4zFNI

http://georgiapublicnotice.com/view/full_story/25373892/article-NOTICE-OF-SEIZURE-OF-PERSONAL-PROPERTY-VALUED-AT-LESS-THAN--25-000-00-PURPORTED-OWNER-S-?

Here's what was seized. I use this website. Frequently.

By Buddy T
Updated June 20, 2014

Thank you, Fox!
Now when I pick up trash in the road I will be extra careful of the plastic bottles/containers.
I truly learn something new every day here!

i don't think meth is the cause. Thinking was involved (as in placement of bodies etc) meth and thinking don't go together. i jmo think Shirley was in middle of tree place, a body may drift and get hung up on the outer side of trees, but could'nt be in middle unless placed. For crappie fishing the equivilent of chumming is sometimes used(as in place a feed source to keep fish around). the person or persons know this lake better than most. i know how easy it is to get unsure of navigation after dark, may seem easy but its not, and i know this from being in boats with very boaty? people. Maybe their knowledge of lake and fishing will be their downfall.

:rumor::secret: But something is :fishy: about this whole case!!!

Personal....to who??? The Dermonds?? The community?? The family?? The perp?? Personal to WHO???

Dermonds knew the perp or perps.... well that's typically the case, but how well? In what way?

Then I read an article earlier while trying to figure out the forum, and Sills stated that he would have to talk to everyone the Dermonds knew. REALLY? How?? I mean if they were teens, sure, they probably didn't know that many folks. But a couple in their 80's and EVERYONE they knew??? That would take a lifetime!!! **some yellow box keeps popping up saying auto saved...cool!**

Phone records TWO MONTHS LATER!!! NO way!!! HOW could that be??? FBI is on the case and couldn't get phone records before TWO MONTHS??? Well heck, how long is email accounts, or any footprint on the net going to take???
I'm going back to my original theory. Keeping it simple stupid. Targeted couple for either some dealings in the past, or current dealings. Not one thing missing from the home except Mr. Dermond's head, and Mrs. Dermond. No robbery. Though I did see a case about a hidden safe in the home on ID either night before last or last night. There was several MILLION dollars in that safe!! The couple stated they didn't have a safe, but it was 3 or more robbers, and one kept a gun pointed while the others ransacked the home and found the safe. BUT....no ransacking in the Dermond case!!!

:tantrum:

BBM

This is just my opinion, but the maybe the reason that it took so long for phone records that is LE requested information going back multiply years (even possibly multiply phone numbers from previous residences). [Not sure how long that information is stored and was not able to find anything definitive do a simple on-line search]

If LE is looking for a connection to some something or a person from their past even if the contact was limited, they may have wanted more than just the normal 3 to 6 month phone records that I believe is normal.

Someone wanted those two particular individuals dead. A beheading is mostly certainly personal and message driven. As far as Shirley not receiving the same treatment of decapitation as her husband, perhaps the perpetrator (s) felt some type of a bond with a female figure and subconsciously could not inflict a beheading upon a mother/grandmother archetype.
IMO, this crime was personal and message driven; either to the victims themselves, or one of thier family members. Alls I see is anger, hatred, and revenge. jmo

Also it would be interesting to know if the Dermonds had ANY type of business venture which included any one of thier children OR grandchildren, whether presently or in the recent past. just trying to think outside of the box. imo

Ok, I always think a little more clearly after some exercise, now I'm ready for a cold beverage and more thoughtful ideas from you guys. East2west - like what you offered. I keep thinking if it wasn't some druggie type, then who? And I go immediately to $$. Let's just say if you needed them dead for whatever reason, and you were in business with them (related or not?), how do you go about finding someone who is a hunter/fisherman that does this kind of thing? That's a rhetorical question, I'm sure WE don't know but it feels like a set-up. Even if they didn't approach the front door, they were able to get Mr. D outside..how? And was it someone who knew their routine, where they were going late Saturday afternoon, the cameras weren't working, or that they would have their system off during daylight hours? That's taking a pretty big chance unless you knew or you were sent on THAT day. And I agree with you about Mrs. D; I thought if it was a druggie, he could just be mad and say to Mr. D (about killing her) "See what you made me do". Now he's enraged. If not that, who would WANT the head?
I'm in the same vacuum and here I thought I was being clear headed, haha!

The way i cut thru vertebra, is with a heavy knife and hammer, there would be so much blood if done while alive because of the neck jugulars. By taking head and hiding Shirley, it did stall things-it could of been Shirley - but then she was found. its just that nothing of value was taken, and person/persons was there for awhile,, -whats the motive??? jmo

(snip) I keep thinking if it wasn't some druggie type, then who? And I go immediately to $$. Let's just say if you needed them dead for whatever reason, and you were in business with them (related or not?), how do you go about finding someone who is a hunter/fisherman that does this kind of thing? (snip)

You don't, you find some career criminal who is about to be or has been released from prison, and you do so through VETTED ($$$$$) contacts at the prison. You don't ask a friend of a friend or some random biker dude at a bar. Those methods get you to an undercover cop.

Also it would be interesting to know if the Dermonds had ANY type of business venture which included any one of thier children OR grandchildren, whether presently or in the recent past. just trying to think outside of the box. imo
I think the children were part of an earlier restaurant venture.

You don't, you find some career criminal who is about to be or has been released from prison, and you do so through VETTED ($$$$$) contacts at the prison. You don't ask a friend of a friend or some random biker dude at a bar. Those methods get you to an undercover cop.

That's true (always cracks me up when these people are spilling their guts to an undercover cop)....but seriously, how do you find a fisherman/hunter who would use this method? Could someone have told the perp when/where/how as to best get it done? I'm on thin ice here, I can feel it. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr