GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. LE arrested two guys for the murder of Carina Saunders but then later released them. Next, there was a shake-up within LE... costing at least one officer his job. Then, one of the suspects filed suit against the police department and the detective. I didn't follow this case on WS... maybe there's more to the story???

http://newsok.com/murder-charges-dismissed-in-carina-saunders-homicide-case/article/3758920

http://kfor.com/2013/09/06/police-c...ders-murder-investigation-released-from-post/

http://kfor.com/2014/02/21/former-s...ase-suing-bethany-police-for-wrongful-arrest/

I'm going to check it out today fred&edna! Disturbing case. Beautiful young girl but mixed up with drugs. Deadly combination in this world today.

The longer you go unidentified in a murder, the more opportunities present to muder more people which would indeed fit with a hate group, or a serial killer. JMO!

For any WS's who think this is mafia-related, here's some information on the longest-serving mob boss in the U.S.

Tocco, believed to be longest-serving U.S. mob boss, dies in Detroit

Tocco, who died on Monday, was the godfather in Detroit for 35 years, longer than any current godfather in the country, according to Scott Burnstein, an author and expert on organized crime in the city.

Tocco, known as "Black Jack," owned a race track and a business that provided linen to local hotels. He was convicted of federal racketeering in 1998 and sentenced to two years in prison, according to Burnstein.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/tocco-believed-to-be-longest-serving-us-mob-boss-dies-in-detroit

I would be interested in hearing Mr. Burnstein's opinion of the Dermonds' murders.

The NC is not intended to be worldwide if responsible for the Dermonds death, it would be meant to destroy putnam county ga, who destroyed them. or tried, confiscated a million dollars or more in property, used the funds for Putnam Co LE, FBI and IRS got a smaller portion,

tho the NC are still very active, their god is in jail

This is one of the points that I have a hard time overcoming. This WTC attack effected the whole country and the world. This was the center of our economy and stopped our financial world for quite a period of time. The deaths of the Dermond while a horrible tragedy who is it hurting except their family and friends? Not an earth shattering event like the World Trade Center was. But, you are more familiar with the NC than I. I had never heard of them until this thread. I just wish this could be solved faster. jmo

Yes, I wish we knew, but the fact that he mentioned "cult or something like that", if htey were actually his words and not reporters asking questions

But the NC were known for making weird or threatining phone calls, FF posted up thread somewhere

THen yesterday I got to thinking, again about KD doing an interview for a foreign newspaper or something

We had asked WHY, why would he contact (if he contacted them) a foreign media source unless he was afraid to talk to a local reporter if he suspected the NC, remember the chidlren didn't stay for the vigil for their parents given by the D's church I beleive, tho they may have stayed a week, does anyone know how long they stayed, I know I read an article that was a week later, that stated the D's children had gone home but I wasn't sure if it was the day of the article, the day before or 4 days before the article came out

Does anyone have that link? OR know the length of the D's chidlren stay? The vigil may have been after a week, I cannot recall

Maybe they were told it could have been the NC but like SS stated, you have to follow the clues, leads, forensics, well if that runs out I'd hope they'd get a little creative, Iknow they have their theories but they have ruled out several leads that SS stated were deadends So, one deadend that has not yet come into th eequation is the NC, tho who knows if they are looking into it too without telling the public, like someoen said upthread, that's a hornets nest and without blatant proof he cannot legally just state his intuitions singling anyone out

I had forgotten about the strange phone calls the kids had received since the parents death - very strange indeed! Thanks for the reminder! Ugh! Some people get their thrills in a very sick way. Maybe whomever did this is not through with the family yet and just wanted the family to know they know where they are. Wonder what the phone creep said. . . .

No, they just want retribution, no criminal ever really wants to be caught, but this is retribution and they can silently enjoy their retribution, just hope they dont' strike again, but they will I think or if a random SK, they will strike again too

Let's hope so 1&2&3! I don't think if this is the work of the NC they would be ones to broadcast it to the world. Would defeat their purpose - just my opinion.

I have the book (Ungodly...) and plan to read it soon since I know very little about the history of the NC. Since "Malachi" York is in prison, who has taken his place as leader among the still active members? Typically, cult members are like sheep, and need a herder to guide them. IMO, SS has left us all in the dust ...he knows much more than we give him credit for... at this point.

http://www.11alive.com/video/2874521588001/1/Decatur-temple-maintains-ties-to-Nuwaubian-cult
Decatur temple maintains ties to Nuwaubian "cult" November 26, 2013

Although Malachi York went to prison, his followers remain. The Nuwaubian temple and book store in Decatur quietly started three years ago.

A Sign of the Times, or casualties from the high profile unsolved Dermond murders?
Shouldn't the headline read; 'Two restaurants closed; one expands menu'?

One restaurant closed; one expands menu - Eatonton Messenger News
http://www.msgr.com/news/community/article_43629944-0799-11e4-b172-001a4bcf887a.html
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:00 am
Karen Bridgeman karen@msgr.com

Fred Ward at Kinorhook Bar-B-Q started serving a “country breakfast” at his 207 Oak Street location July 3.
Noting that he was hoping to “take advantage” of the recent closing – the second in a month – of the Huddle House restaurant about a mile and a half away, Ward was serving eggs, sausage, salmon, biscuits and grits last week
<sniped - read more>

We live near a lake.. and near a touristy town.. restaurants always come and go.. I don't think that's very unusual. .

We live near a lake.. and near a touristy town.. restaurants always come and go.. I don't think that's very unusual. .

Welcome to the thread pamlet.
Normally I would agree with you. Since we are in the peak of the tourist season and one of the restaurants being a Huddle House; a normally stable business. I have to wonder if the unsolved Dermond murders contributed to these closings. It would be interesting to know how long the two closed restaurants had been in business. jmo

I live in a gated community about 3 hours away from Putnam County/Eatonton; also a touristy area. The topic of conversation at the clubhouse has been about the mysterious Dermond murders, many times over the past ten weeks. This is unusual, as most folks that I know don't follow crimes, even high profile GA crimes. Most of the folks thought this crime would be quickly solved..

Imo, the primary business that will be negatively affected the most will be residential real estate; sales, property values, etc. There is usually a domino effect of many other businesses when the real estate industry takes a hit.. jmo

I have the book (Ungodly...) and plan to read it soon since I know very little about the history of the NC. Since "Malachi" York is in prison, who has taken his place as leader among the still active members? Typically, cult members are like sheep, and need a herder to guide them. IMO, SS has left us all in the dust ...he knows much more than we give him credit for... at this point.

Glad you got the book Ungodly; : A True Story of Unprecedented Evil , southernmimi. Since I am only about halfway through the pages, I am not sure who is acting as the leader of the NC, although I have my suspicions that it may be one of the Macon LEAs. The linked WXIA TV article below infers that Dwight Malachi York is updating the website daily from his federal super max prison cell. What does he have to loose, huh?
http://www.11alive.com/video/2874521588001/1/Decatur-temple-maintains-ties-to-Nuwaubian-cult
Decatur temple maintains ties to Nuwaubian "cult" November 26, 2013

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25990629...ecords-in-putnam-county-double-murder-mystery

Investigators now have phone records in Putnam County double murder mystery

Posted: Jul 10, 2014

PUTNAM COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -
Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills is still actively working the unusual murder of 88-year-old Russell Dermond and his 87-year-old wife Shirley.

88-year-old man was beheaded in Putnam County
"We're still getting calls. Unfortunately, we get calls from psychics. If a psychic tells me to look under a bush, I'm going to go look under a bush," said Sills.

Police discovered Russell Dermond's body inside the couple's lake front property in the Reynolds Plantation community on May 6. He was decapitated and his wife was missing.

"It's very rare that it does happen and it's almost never that the head is not there, that's the most unusual aspect of this case," Sills said.

Sills and his investigators recently met with all the agencies, which include the FBI and GBI, assisting in the case to see if they can get a fresh start or new direction that might lead to an arrest.

"We sat down, we took our original crime scene photos and we had a meeting for about four hours. It was kind of like, this is what we've done, what have we missed. What we should be doing?" said Sills.
<sniped - read more>

A Sign of the Times, or casualties from the high profile unsolved Dermond murders?

http://www.msgr.com/news/community/article_43629944-0799-11e4-b172-001a4bcf887a.html

Fred Ward at Kinorhook Bar-B-Q started serving a “country breakfast” at his 207 Oak Street location July 3.
Noting that he was hoping to “take advantage” of the recent closing – the second in a month – of the Huddle House restaurant about a mile and a half away, Ward was serving eggs, sausage, salmon, biscuits and grits last week
<sniped - read more>

JMO, but I don't think either of these restaurant closings have anything to do with the Dermond case. I have never been to that Huddle House and would have never stepped foot in it. I never went to the other one either and never saw anyone there - not sure what kind of hours they had. Neither are in an area that I would think would be frequented by Oconee tourists. They are not really close to Lake Oconee Village. We drove through the Village during the July holiday weekend and my husband commented he'd never seen so many boats on Oconee. It scares me and I have not stayed at my house alone since but I honestly don't think it is keeping large numbers of people away from the area.

<sniped - read more>

FF - You made me look! Read the story -- says its the second time that *HH* closed in a month ... (closed in May, re-opened, closed again in June). What's your theory on its relationship to the murders? Or are you just saying it closed because people are staying away b/c of the murders? Why would corporate folks shut it down (also in the story) if that were the case?

Have to agree with others -- unrelated, sounds like to me.

BUT, you DID make me look ... :thinking:

FF - You made me look! Read the story -- says its the second time that *HH* closed in a month ... (closed in May, re-opened, closed again in June). What's your theory on its relationship to the murders? Or are you just saying it closed because people are staying away b/c of the murders? Why would corporate folks shut it down (also in the story) if that were the case?

Have to agree with others -- unrelated, sounds like to me.

BUT, you DID make me look ... :thinking:

Ugh, I need to work on reading comprehension. I don't know why I read it as two restaurants closing. So, I may see more activity at the other one now with expanded hours. Obvious to me why corporate shut the HH down but I've seen it...JMO.

Fred Ward at Kinorhook Bar-B-Q started serving a &#8220;country breakfast&#8221; at his 207 Oak Street location July 3.
Noting that he was hoping to &#8220;take advantage&#8221; of the recent closing &#8211; the second in a month &#8211; of the Huddle House restaurant about a mile and a half away, Ward was serving eggs, sausage, salmon, biscuits and grits last week
<sniped - read more>

Are either of these closed restaurants the Huddle House that someone went in asking to see their surveillance video?

No updates on the Dermond's murder investigation by the Eatonton Messenger News, or any other MSM outlets today.. Very Frustrating... They simply want this to go away, imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member