GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple stale thoughts.

If killer's intention was to place MrsD in the lake, maybe killer thought that disemboweling would prevent or slow down the gas formation & bloating, so preventing or delaying the body surfacing???

RUMOR from a couple weeks ago, that MrD's hands were 'removed.'
Does that mean ---
a. separated from his arms (and left at scene, so LE c/still use fingerprints to ID) OR
b. separated from his arms and removed from the scene
(so no fingerprints avail, so delaying ID. Not much delay if left at D's home,
but poss'ly lots of delay).
if killer's intention was to move all parts and poss'ly place in multiple dump sites?

Still wondering whether killer acted per his plan or whether plan went to hell in a handbasket.
Maybe poor planning or something killer did not, could not anticipate?
3rd party showing up, stranger, UPS, friend, neighbor, etc.

This info (rumor?) re further mutilation of both D's is disturbing.
If part of killer's plan, then maybe lends weight to idea of cult action.
Or maybe thrill killing, psycho-on-the-loose.

JM2cts.

Hoping for further developments soon and eventually arrest & conviction on this. RIP Mr&MrsD.

First time I've heard either of these rumors. If there is any truth, at all, the situation is much worse, and a very disturbed person(s) is still walking among us. To murder someone is terrible...especially an elderly couple. To behead someone is almost beyond my ability to comprehend, but the other is just too much. Praying that someone speaks up, and this case is solved.

wow the similarity in appearance and stare, just watched whitey bulger last night, this to me was astounding, nothing being implied here, must noticed the tough cold stare

From post and pics on 12-02. I think the photo of Mr. D was his Driver's License photo. Everybody has a blank stare when they get their DR photo made.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3173457838-147-Carolyn-Dr-Eatonton-GA-31024#photo-4

A 4-bedroom, 5-bath, 2-story home with open water views on a huge lot (almost an acre) in the RP Gate Water community near Eatonton, Georgia, could be yours for only $769,000. The home, located at 147 Carolyn Drive, has hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, a fireplace, wet bar, finished basement and there's a dock and pool! Similar homes in the exclusive gated community on Lake Oconee usually sell for much more.

147 Carolyn Dr - Photo Slideshow <Beautiful Home>
Eatonton,GA31024
$769,000

http://www.trulia.com/property/3173457838-147-Carolyn-Dr-Eatonton-GA-31024#photo-4

A 4-bedroom, 5-bath, 2-story home with open water views on a huge lot (almost an acre) in the RP Gate Water community near Eatonton, Georgia, could be yours for only $769,000. The home, located at 147 Carolyn Drive, has hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, a fireplace, wet bar, finished basement and there's a dock and pool! Similar homes in the exclusive gated community on Lake Oconee usually sell for much more.

Eatonton,GA31024
$769,000

So this is the Dermonds' former home....

Best look we have had at it; good find, Foxfire!

And for sale.

I notice under "features" the listing includes a pool. Hmmm...I had not known that.

So this is the Dermonds' former home....

Best look we have had at it; good find, Foxfire!

And for sale.

I notice under "features" the listing includes a pool. Hmmm...I had not known that.

Wondering how much below market value the $769,000 asking price is, and is this the norm for resales in RP Gate Water since the Dermond murders?
Annual Property Tax; $7,680.00

Real Estate Trends in 31024
Listing price for 147 Carolyn Dr $769,000
Average listing price for similar homes $465,160 40% below listing price
Average sale price for similar homes $702,118 9% below listing price
Average listing price for homes in 31024 $336,435 129% below listing price
Median sale price for all homes in 31024 $190,000 75% below listing price

I guess none of the children or grands wanted the home after the murders. It's sad to see it on the market though with all those empty rooms.
It is a beautiful home with lots of room. I noticed your link was posted as photo-4 so I tried to concentrate on that photo.

The pictures were taken after the leaves had fallen from the trees and some of the shrubs. The house looks very unassuming from that view which probably looks toward the street. It looks like a different house from the back.

For some reason, I was thinking that was a large grass lawn out front, not a bunch of landscaping which could make it harder to see someone in the yard from the street, especially in May when everything would be blooming. I also thought there was more lawn in the back. Where is the pool located?

Again, I posted without refreshing first.
I saw at the bottom of the listing that a house sold for a million dollar and some others listed were in the 8 or 9 hundred thousand range.

I guess none of the children or grands wanted the home after the murders. It's sad to see it on the market though with all those empty rooms.
It is a beautiful home with lots of room. I noticed your link was posted as photo-4 so I tried to concentrate on that photo.

The pictures were taken after the leaves had fallen from the trees and some of the shrubs. The house looks very unassuming from that view which probably looks toward the street. It looks like a different house from the back.

For some reason, I was thinking that was a large grass lawn out front, not a bunch of landscaping which could make it harder to see someone in the yard from the street, especially in May when everything would be blooming. I also thought there was more lawn in the back. Where is the pool located?

Again, I posted without refreshing first.
I saw at the bottom of the listing that a house sold for a million dollar and some others listed were in the 8 or 9 hundred thousand range.

This satellite view shows just how secluded the Dermond's home is. Not sure where the pool is watcher9. Can't make it out. Both comparisons used for the D's home sold in April 2014 prior to their murders on May 2, 2014..
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...1!3m1!1s0x88f6ed24ef40b0fb:0xb1df5a5de07016fc

Way back when, you could access property or tax assessment records which would show drawings on the lot of any improvements, but now not so much available without paying or having special privileges. I don't know if records can even be accessed in Putnam County.

Eatonton,GA31024
$769,000

Hi, Fox! Do you know if the state of GA has a real estate disclosure law?? That is, you must inform potential buyers that a serious crime was committed at this location. I know other states have this law, wasn't sure about GA.

:hills:

Hi, Fox! Do you know if the state of GA has a real estate disclosure law?? That is, you must inform potential buyers that a serious crime was committed at this location. I know other states have this law, wasn't sure about GA.

Just my two cents: I'm thinking maybe this has come up before, and the answer was no. But that is just strictly as I recall and I sure could be wrong.

Also -- would it be a little bit of a grey area, since where the murders occurred is not really known (as far as we last knew, anyhow) -- although I guess decapitating a body and disposing of it might be plenty "serious" enough, alone.

After looking at the house pictures, and realizing there is a pool, I think the Dermonds had someone to help them with cleaning and maintenance.

Home Sellers in Georgia: Disclosures Required Under State Law <Sniped & BBM - Read More>
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...gia-disclosures-required-under-state-law.html

What a Georgia Seller Does Not Need to Disclose
Even though, as a Georgia seller, you generally must disclose known problems with the condition of your home, there are certain specific exceptions under the Georgia statutes. These relate to things that occurred in the home, not the home&#8217;s physical condition.

* A Georgia seller does not need to inform a buyer if any diseased person ever lived in the home, or if a homicide, felony, suicide, or any other death occurred there (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16(a)(1)).

Additionally, it is up to the buyer to investigate certain information about the neighborhood where the home is located. Georgia statutes specifically state that a seller is not required to inform the buyer if a registered sex offender lives in the area (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16 (b)). (However, to help the buyer, most form real estate contracts used in Georgia direct a buyer where to look online for information about the location of registered sex offenders.)

Even if the seller is not required to disclose an event on the property such as a murder, a seller still must answer any direct question from a buyer honestly (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16(a)(1)). So, if the buyer (who may very well do a Google search on your home's address) asks you whether your home was where the gang member was murdered last summer, you do need to answer honestly.

The only time you do not need to answer a buyer&#8217;s question completely and honestly is if it is a question relating to information protected under the Federal Fair Housing Act or Georgia&#8217;s fair housing laws (Georgia Official Code Annotated §44-1-16 (a)(2)).

After looking at the house pictures, and realizing there is a pool, I think the Dermonds had someone to help them with cleaning and maintenance.

It is a large property/big house. Sure they had domestic help/people to help to maintain the property, they were nearly 90 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember reading in a previous post that they didn't have any outside help yet the home was kept in pristine condition. Some of us initially wondered about this since the Dermonds supposedly knew their killer(s).

It is a large property/big house. Sure they had domestic help/people to help to maintain the property, they were nearly 90 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the real estate listing link provided, questions can be submitted. The square footage(finished) of the home is 3300 sq ft. The lot size is .85 acre.
It states that the home comes with a Silver Amenities program. Not sure what amenities are included in the silver plan. Likely Golf, Pool, Tennis, etc..

I remember reading in a previous post that they didn't have any outside help yet the home was kept in pristine condition. Some of us initially wondered about this since the Dermonds supposedly knew their killer(s).

southernmimi, imo, 'the Dermonds supposedly knew their killer(s)', was a faulty hypothesis by SS, intended to explain how the perp/s initially gained access to the Dermond's home. To reach this conclusion, imo, would exclude the possibly of the perp/s using a creative ruse or other means to gain access and/or compliance of the Dermonds.. jmo

I think we've been given some erroneous information and haven't been given some criticial information. One surprise for me was how small the lot is...less than an acre? Not very far at all from the house to the dock. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this case was solved...wishing it with all my heart.

They can be, some you have to have passcodes, but not Putnam County, also had wanted to search if home was for sale during all of my recent postings and never got around to it, great find foxfire. I remember the articles said "million dollar home" as I'm sure you all recall as well, property values are down all around. This incident may not h ave anything to do with the sale price if the murder doesn't have to be revealed to purchasers, low price would be a red flag possibly to a buyer? Wondering what is wrong or may be just assume it's because it was inherited home and family just wanting to unload quickly, who knows. Land value and improvements are over $1mil on tax records, http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_display.php?county=ga_putnam&KEY=120A008 but that may have been assessed when the home was completed years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29