GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in with you guys, have looked at 11Alive and Msgr today for any updates, too. Just so sad that there are not any leads. If they can't find anything in the financial records or phone records, it is going cold (already is IMO). Sheriff Sills said he believes it was planned - I can't begin to fathom WHY, what could anyone have possibly done, them or any of their family or friends, to bring this kind of hate on a couple of their age?? Just so frustrating, I wonder how the family is dealing with it.

Just thinking on this case this morning:

I agree with Happyshoes

So if it was planned as SS stated and there was no forced entry, means they answered the door and did not feel threatened or it was daytime and they were outside or behind unlocked doors when they were approached

nothing was disturbed or vandalized, (not reported if so)

no shooting (that we know of)

this was sinister and the goal was to kill............. SOMEbody got the message, but who?

Also, no one seems to know who the enemy is/could be, unless there is fear (of course) and just no one is talking or their statements to police may be to lead the investigation away from possible or known knowledge of the suspected perpetrator............

Hope to hear something soon and I do hope the financial or phone records reveal something

13wmaz online shows a couple from cobb county who went to telfair county to sell or purchase something they saw on craigslist, now they are listed as missing, the phone number they had called about the craigslist ad was a drop phone

made me think about the Dermonds, in earlier threads, it was mentioned that maybe they possibly had something for sell, same as this couple, also elderly, and are missing, probably not related but some eery similarities or reminders anyway

couldn't get the url to paste, you can see it online 13wmaz

As dancinunderthemoon just stated, there is an elderly couple from Marietta,,Bud and June Runion, missing from a day trip to McRae, GA, to look at a car for sale. So disturbing, especially since we have no idea what happened to Russell and Shirley Dermond.

13wmaz online shows a couple from cobb county who went to telfair county to sell or purchase something they saw on craigslist, now they are listed as missing, the phone number they had called about the craigslist ad was a drop phone

made me think about the Dermonds, in earlier threads, it was mentioned that maybe they possibly had something for sell, same as this couple, also elderly, and are missing, probably not related but some eery similarities or reminders anyway

couldn't get the url to paste, you can see it online 13wmaz

As dancinunderthemoon just stated, there is an elderly couple from Marietta,,Bud and June Runion, missing from a day trip to McRae, GA, to look at a car for sale. So disturbing, especially since we have no idea what happened to Russell and Shirley Dermond.

For those who haven't found it yet, here's a link to the Websleuths thread for Bud and June Runion:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nion-66-McRae-22-Jan-2015-Went-to-look-at-car

My Google search turned up an Eatonton Messenger article that it (the search) is dating Jan. 7. 2015 -- but I don't have a subscription to the EM and can't tell if it is really a recent article or maybe Google just picking up a reposting of an old one. Can any of you folks who subscribed check it out -- and, if it's recent, paraphrase?

http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_4301bba8-d6dc-11e3-9a0f-0019bb2963f4.html

It's old, dated May 8. The two brothers KD and BD owned more than 20 Wendy's 1997-2009. Sold the restaurants through Advanced Restaurant sales to WM Limited Partnership-1998.

http://www.advanced-restaurantsales.com/pr-articles/wendysjacksonville.pdf (nothing on this site - sort of a blank page type of thing.

http://nrn.com/news/first-watch-acquires-two-j-christophers-units Paragraph dated November 6, 2012. Mentions John's Creek, GA and Smyrna, GA.

BD is into real estate: http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/associate/180-a-544-4018696/bradley-dermond

I still think about the credit card theft on the Dermonds' American Express card. Sept 20 - 23, 2012. $2000+ spent at Amazon.com and Macys.com They reported it to PCSO October 24, 2012.

OT---today they found the missing couple and their car near the location, where a suspect had lured them, with the idea of selling them a car. The victim had posted an ad on Craigslist. This happened a few hours south of Putnam county. The suspect is in custody. I hope they ask him about other cold cases. :twocents:

IMHO

OT---today they found the missing couple and their car near the location, where a suspect had lured them, with the idea of selling them a car. The victim had posted an ad on Craigslist. This happened a few hours south of Putnam county. The suspect is in custody. I hope they ask him about other cold cases. :twocents:

IMHO

Crossed my mind too, but then this one was bungled adn that one was clean and neat getaway, was there a drop phone found at the Dermonds? Of course it's what criminals use, was there no way to trace the one at the D's? How did AT@T give out info on phone info on TOWNS phone when SSills on this case had to get warrants or subpeonas to gain phone records or whatever? What was the difference? Maybe the Runions Children have power of attorney? IDK

Also, can drop phones be traced after they are off? Or are some traceable and some not and why?

BUT, this guy was probably a hunter and fisherman, like what was stated in the Dermond case as a likely suspect would be or maybe if he has an accomplice!??

Crossed my mind too, but then this one was bungled adn that one was clean and neat getaway, was there a drop phone found at the Dermonds? Of course it's what criminals use, was there no way to trace the one at the D's? How did AT@T give out info on phone info on TOWNS phone when SSills on this case had to get warrants or subpeonas to gain phone records or whatever? What was the difference? Maybe the Runions Children have power of attorney? IDK

Also, can drop phones be traced after they are off? Or are some traceable and some not and why?

BUT, this guy was probably a hunter and fisherman, like what was stated in the Dermond case as a likely suspect would be or maybe if he has an accomplice!??

dancinunderthemoon---Yes, it does seem odd that phone records in the Runion case were pulled up immediately, while it seemed to take an act of Congress for SS to do the same. I think there was more to this story. I don't understand drop phones, either, need to study up on them!

From link above^^
Among other things, Sills says,
"The last six months, I'll be very candid with you, haven't been very productive at all," said Sheriff Sills.

Well, I guess he wasn't very on top of it. How much time was wasted??

He also says MrsD was beaten to death. Then says the first blow could have killed her but it may have been the second blow. That made me think that she was beaten by something other than a fist, like maybe a bat, piece of lumber, fire poker, a cement block, a rock, etc.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/27981671...tors-take-second-look-at-family#ixzz3QKIsCwfb

That is the first time he has mentioned he was hit twice. And I believe the coroner said it was a blunt force object. And....she was put in the water after she died.

I meant Mrs. Dermond. I am shocked however that the family hasn't already gotten a thorough review.

Checking in with you guys, cannot believe this case hasn't moved an inch. I have lost the confidence I used to have in SS. Bring in some new blood, hell I think us WS'ers could have come up with something at least worth checking out by now. I don't understand why the family hasn't hired their own investigator, or talked to the governor or whatever else it is you do. I know I'd be shouting from the courthouse steps if that had been my mother. They seem to have just blown in and out of town, and that's it?? Did SS even look into the guy who murdered the D's son all those years ago? Their children don't know if Mr. D had a falling out with somebody? Just makes my blood boil at this point! Is it 5:00 yet?!

Why did they only show one granddaughter? And she is from the one that was murdered, right? The daughter in SC has 2 college-age boys, IIRC. What about the 2 sons? Don't they have children?

Where was it reported that Ms. D was put into water after she died? By the time her body was recovered, it would be impossible to determine whether there was water in her lungs or not. How could it be known that she was already dead?

I agree with Happyshoes observation regarding the apparent lack of interest in solving this case by the D's family, but there may be things going on behind the scenes that are not being made public. About three months ago I was made aware of a reading done by an elderly lady who receives no money for her assistance in cases. I know that the sheriff has been quoted as referring to psychics as "kooks." However, there were some things that may be considered valuable as the sheriff does not seem to be capable of solving the case after 9 months. Does this site allow such things to be posted as mere food for thought? Also, posting here would prove as documentation if indeed the lady's impressions turn out to be correct.

No, True Crime Lover. WS doesn't allow discussion of psychic readings, astrology, dream interpretation, or any of the psychic sciences. We're a fact based board, and the two realms don't mix well together. ;)

Where was it reported that Ms. D was put into water after she died? By the time her body was recovered, it would be impossible to determine whether there was water in her lungs or not. How could it be known that she was already dead?

I did some Googling, and you're correct. From http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/drowning.html :
Indeed there may well be occasions when it proves difficult to establish whether or not the deceased was alive when they entered the water; this is because that even if an individual is deceased when they enter the water, providing the body remains submerged for a period of time, then the lungs will fill up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member