GA - SueAnn Ray, 26, Pickens County, 26 August 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
strach304 said:
Seems to me that the hit from the dogs to the property and last person she was seen with would be enough for police to get a warrant to search that property. Did I miss something? Don't understand why not, they've gotten warrants on less, a simple tip sometimes will produce a warrant.

I would think that they could get a warrent too. It just doesn't make sense. The refusal of the husband's parents to let the police on their property tells me that they know something. Otherwise why wouldn't they let LE search?

Bobbisangel said:
I would think that they could get a warrent too. It just doesn't make sense. The refusal of the husband's parents to let the police on their property tells me that they know something. Otherwise why wouldn't they let LE search?
Pot, stolen goods, other crimes/ violations. There are many reasons that people would not let there property be searched without a warrant, the more property you own the less likely you would willingly allow a search.

I have none of what I listed, but I would make the authorities get a warrant, I have no idea what is on every square inch of my place. Once while mowing an area we only mow once a year we found a briefcase, we are 45 miles at least from an office building. No idea how it got there, no identification, and nothing inside. I never know what we will find.

I do think if the dogs got a hit and they have any shread of other evidence a warrant is attainable. Usually last to see someone is enough. I have been puzzled at Sueann's investigation for over 2 months.

Ditto. This is indeed a troubling investigation..Wish something would happen soon.

Somebody knows something. and to have her cousin missing 10 yrs. earlier.????

From Angel Garden of Hope

Today at approximately 10 a..m. Sueann’s dad, Danny Jenkins, private investigator, John Seay and I gathered in a Gainesville, GA court room to face Mr. Quinton Ray (better known to most people online as Qzilla). He has refused to return Sueann’s personal items to her family. Some of those items include a quilt made by her now deceased mother, and her baby pictures. Upon filing for these items to be returned to Sueann’s dad, Quinton Ray files bankruptcy claiming these items are his and he wants to sell them to pay off some of his debts.

Ray arrived to the hearing late and walked to the front of the court room dressed in khaki pants and a shirt that was untucked. After answering the questions from the trustee, he turned and saluted Sueann’s dad as he walked out of the courtroom. Jenkins got up and went out to speak with Quinton.

Quinton told Danny that he’d like for them to be friends again and that he wishes this was not happening. Danny told him that he needs to take a polygraph test and cooperate with the authorities in this matter of Sueann’s disappearance. Ray’s response was nonviolent but he changed to the blank look with no further response.

Court was later dismissed with no clear answers if Sueann’s materials were going to be returned. It was our understanding that additional papers must be filed in another court to try to get them back.

Ray left the court room and refused to speak to any reporters. An interview with Fox5 news Atlanta was given by Sueann’s dad, Danny.

Approximately an hour after court, Jenkins reports a phone call from Ray’s spokesperson. He tells us that Quinton Ray wants to return these items tomorrow to him IF he agrees to not pursue him in a Federal Court because of his alleged forging of Sueann’s signature on several documents. Whether or not an agreement is in the works, I don’t know.

We are ever so happy with GBI’s presence there today as security was a huge concern given the sensitivity of this case.

I will post any updates as they come in. The one thing to remember is that Sueann remains missing without a trace. We still need to find her. Perhaps Mr. Ray is going to take a step in the right direction and help us search for her.

****Whether those items are returned tomorrow I dont know. That is subject to change****

absolut said:
Pot, stolen goods, other crimes/ violations. There are many reasons that people would not let there property be searched without a warrant, the more property you own the less likely you would willingly allow a search.

I have none of what I listed, but I would make the authorities get a warrant, I have no idea what is on every square inch of my place. Once while mowing an area we only mow once a year we found a briefcase, we are 45 miles at least from an office building. No idea how it got there, no identification, and nothing inside. I never know what we will find.

I do think if the dogs got a hit and they have any shread of other evidence a warrant is attainable. Usually last to see someone is enough. I have been puzzled at Sueann's investigation for over 2 months.

If there was a person missing and dogs hit on my property I would let LE search. If they can ever get a warrent the thing they would be looking for would be Sue Ann and anything related to her...clothing, purse, etc. They can't go in and just start taking anything that they want. It has to be listed on the search warrent.

Strange about that brief case. Someone probably got a new one and just threw the old one out. Maybe someone who lived there before. Everyone who owns property could probably find stuff that never belonged to them buried here and there. As long as it isn't connected to a murder your ok :D

I just want them to find Sue Ann. I really doubt that she is still alive. Her husband sounds like a first class jerk. LE must be able to see that. He will give the things that belong to Sue Ann to her father if her father will promise not to have him charged for forging Sue Ann's name on some paperwork :furious:

If I was Sue Ann's father here is what I would tell him loud and clear "Screw You" and I'll see you in court :furious: How dare him try to blackmail that dad into not filing charges against him. I wonder just what paperwork he forged Sue Ann's name on?

Missing Woman's Husband Speaks

11/15/2005

For the first time, the husband of 26-year-old Sue Ann Ray speaks out. Ray has been missing from her Woodstock home since August.

Her estranged husband admits he was one of the last people to see her the day she disappeared, and that has much of her family pitted against him.

The website friends and family have set up is titled simply, ‘Find Sue Ann.’

On it are some stinging comments about her husband, comments and allegations he says have no basis in truth.

Quinton Ray looks through the boxes of personal possessions of his wife, Sue Ann. Family pictures, clothes, toys their little girl Charity grew up with. Things Sue Ann cannot go through herself, because she has been missing for almost three months.

“She’s not with us no more. Somebody knows what happened. I’ve thrown enough stones. It’s time to just get over with. Come forward,” said Sue Ann’s father, Danny Jenkins.

The GBI is actively investigating the case and have questioned Quinton numerous times.

“I’ve cooperated more than 4 or 5 times...family's..for no reason.” Said Quinton.

He talks of his seven-year marriage as good, until the last two years, saying they led separate lives.

No matter what they think of him, Quinton says he wants his wife’s family to have all the items they’ve been asking for. Even things he says he holds dear.

“Got a lot of sentimental value to them. I'll be sure they have it and take good care of it,” said Quinton.

Quinton and Sue Ann’s daughter is now 6-years-old. She is currently in DFACS custody.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=72019

You Can Help Sueann

Since the disappearance of Sueann, many people online and in the immediate community have asked "what can I do to help"? There is two major things that can be done to help Sueann. The private searches and investigation for Sueann is extremely expensive. The family desperately needs donations to help continue this search. Often times you are not prepared for these types of things when they happen, and it can put you in a financial bind. You can send a donation to the address below and it is tax deductable. All funds received will go towards the private investigation. They are not used for any personal things. This money is separate from the reward that is in place. You may send donations here:

Searching For SueAnn Ray Fund
P.O. Box 48
Clearwater, SC 29822

Another thing that we are getting many emails and questions about is the fact that certain areas have not been searched for Sueann (i,e., family of Quinton Ray's residence). While we have no explanation for this, we have been told to get this matter resolved, to send our phone calls, letters, and faxes to Govenor Sonny Perdue. The family has contacted the Attorney General's Office in Atlanta, GA and they advised that the one to push this matter forward is going to be the Govenor's office. If you want to help, PLEASE send a letter, fax, or even call Sonny's office. Here is the contact information below. This is how we can find Sueann.

Governor Sonny Perdue
203 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
404-656-1776

Please understand that your voice and your efforts are important to helping solve this case. You can help us locate Sueann Ray.

http://findsueann.blogspot.com/

I just sent my email to Gov Sonny Perdue. I hope he is just bombbarded with emails and letters. He can pull strings and call in favors or do whatever politicians do when they want to get something done....he has the power.
This case needs to be solved for the sake of Sue Ann's family. Then LE can start on gathering evidence to arrest that husband.

Sue Ann's dad was on Nancy Grace tonight and my heart just went out to him. He has hired a PI to investigate this case. He said that he can't get any answers out of LE...has no idea what they are doing or what they have done. They just flat out won't talk to him. He was told that the case has been turned over to GBI and to call them with any questions. He called GBI and the woman who answered his call said "honey have you filed a missing person's report?" Like her dad said.."Sue Ann's been missing three months and she says 'honey have you filed a missing person's report!!!" It was like they didn't have a clue. He even gave the name of the woman he talked to on the phone!

Nancy asked Sue Ann's dad if hiring a PI isn't expensive and he said "very." She asked how he was going to pay for one and he said he would have to get a second job. I just felt so bad for him.

He did say that the search dogs went right up to the husband's parent's driveway. He also said that the governor was one of the people who put quite a bit of money into the reward fund which is quite high now.

He said that Sue Ann went shopping earlier in the day that she disappeared. Afterwards she went to her husband's place because he had taken their little girl out of school that day without permission and had taken her to his parents home. Sue Ann was planning to take her daughter to the cheerleader try outs at school at 7:30 but didn't show up. When her husband was called he said that Sue Ann had brought her van in to have the oil changed and then had gone to her dads. She never got to her dads house. He is lying about the oil change too.
When Sue Ann's van was found a few days later in the Walmart parking lot it was backed into a space way at the very end of the parking lot...furtherest from the store itself. Her family said that she NEVER backs into a parking space EVER. The van had been cleaned inside...Sue Ann never kept her van spotless so that wasn't normal either.

I'm beginning to believe that the husband set Sue Ann up. He goes to the school and takes their daughter without permission. He had to know that she would come looking for the little girl. He didn't keep the little girl at his house but instead leaves her at his parent's home. Did he murder Sue Ann at his home or did she leave his home and head over to her in-laws house to pick up her daughter and he got her on their property? Either way the dogs followed her scent up to the driveway so we know she got that far one way or the other. I wonder how long the in-laws driveway is. It sounds like it is out in the country and could have a long driveway up to the house. He stashed her van somewhere afterwards for at least 3 days and cleaned it before he took it to Walmart and left it at the end of the parking lot. Out in the country would be a good place to stash a vehicle and clean it well. Less people to notice.

He must have had her body in the van. If he had only driven it there wouldn't be the need to clean the whole thing except where he had touched it. I wonder if LE have sprayed it with luminal? Any blood would still show up. Probably not as it doesn't sound like they have put to much energy into this case. Blast them. It sounds like it will be up to the family to find out what happened to Sue Ann. Just like with Leslie Adams and Tara Grinstead...LE doing nothing there either. Tara or Leslie's family have also hired a PI. It's pretty darn sad when the families of missing people have to hire their own investigators because LE seem to be sitting with their thumbs up their butts. Maybe the state should pay for those investigators.

http://www.solvemycase.com/case/?q=home

this is already posted on the websleuths forum elsewhere, I wanted to put it on this thread so that hopefully a family member will find it or some of you in sleuthland might know how to forwarded it directly to sueanns parents. sounds to me that the husband is certainly involved with her disappearence. if his parents place is way out in the country or just remote and has lots of land then that would be a place to search, he might feel comfortable buring a body there or even on adjoining property to theres.

Police mum over missing Woodstock mother

Published on: 11/26/05

Since Sueann Ray vanished Aug. 26, the mystery surrounding the Woodstock mother's fate has only deepened.

No arrests have been made, despite a more than $100,000 reward to entice tipsters. And the police have stopped talking.

A month ago, Woodstock police stopped commenting on the case except to say that any information or evidence they receive goes straight to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Any tips from the public should be phoned to the GBI tip line, said Woodstock detective Sgt. Dan King, who had been leading the investigation.

GBI spokesman John Bankhead said his agency is investigating the case, which spans several jurisdictions, but he offered few specifics. GBI Agent John Cagle, who Bankhead said is leading the investigation, refused to discuss the case.

"There's been too much talk about this case already, so I'm not going to comment at all," Cagle said during a brief telephone interview.

Back when King was talking, he said one thing publicly about Ray's estranged husband, and another thing to a fellow officer. Neither Woodstock Assistant Police Chief Jim Free nor King would discuss why King told another officer that Ray's estranged husband is a suspect "in her suspicious death."

Despite King's remarks, police still haven't publicly named any suspects nor is there any evidence that Sueann Ray is dead.

About the time that Woodstock police distanced themselves from the investigation, Ray's family hired its own private investigator, citing frustration with the lack of police progress. Former Cherokee County Sheriff John Seay, hired Oct. 24, said he is making progress three months after Sueann Ray disappeared.

Ray was last seen by her estranged husband when he said she stopped by his Pickens County home on Aug. 26. Quinton Ray said his wife left from there to pick up their daughter from his parents' home in nearby Ball Ground. He said his wife, from whom he had been separated for seven months, was then bound for Augusta to visit with her father for the weekend.

Sueann Ray's minivan was found three days later in a Canton Wal-Mart parking lot.

After an initial flurry of public searches the case went dormant until early October, when it drew national publicity after Sueann Ray's family and friends announced a $105,000 reward in the case. A flurry of tips at the time has again trailed off.

Sueann's father, Danny Jenkins, said he hopes Seay, who was sheriff from 1989 to 1993 after 16 years as a Cobb County police officer, can jump-start the investigation.

"We've done everything we can think of, and we'll do whatever we can to find Sueann," Jenkins said. Since he started looking for his elder daughter, Jenkins said sleep won't come. Jenkins, who wears his daughter's picture pinned to his lapel, carries an 8-by-10-inch framed photo of Sueann to meetings with officials and media interviews.

Jenkins said he has asked Seay to look at every possible suspect.

Some evidence in the case may not be available to Seay. That includes evidence seized during a police search of Quinton Ray's home and auto repair shop. The results of that search were sealed by a judge.

For his part, Quinton Ray said he wants Sueann to be found alive. Quinton Ray's attorney, David Cannon, said Ray is fully cooperating with police.

When Sueann did not arrive as expected in Augusta that weekend, Jenkins said he began calling her cell phone, but he only got voice mail.

Jenkins heart nearly stopped on Monday, Aug. 29, when another daughter called to say Sueann's boss had told her Sueann hadn't come to work.

"It is the sinkingist feeling I've ever had," Jenkins recalls. "She was super responsible and never missed work."

About 11 p.m. that Monday, Sueann Ray's maroon 1998 Ford Windstar was found — backed into a space on the far side of the Wal-Mart parking lot on Riverstone Parkway in Canton. There was no sign of a struggle inside the vehicle, King said.

The video from the lot's surveillance camera was taken by police, but they will not say what it showed. A couple of things were odd things about the vehicle, however, Ray's sister said.

"Well, for one thing it was clean, not trashy inside, and that was unlike my sister," Sandy Chasm said. The other sign of foul play, she said, is that Ray never backed into a parking space. "She couldn't even back up a bicycle," Chasm said.

Four weeks later, Quinton Ray was identified as a suspect in a police report about a related incident obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

On Sept. 25, Emerson police Lt. Kevin McBurnett diffused a situation between Ray and another man at an area bar. McBurnett wrote in his report of the incident that while speaking with King that evening, the Woodstock detective said Ray had been arrested for threatening the other man, who King said had been having an affair with Sueann Ray.

That's when, according to McBurnett, King called Quinton Ray "a suspect in his wife's suspicious death."

Earlier this month Jenkins confronted Quinton Ray during a bankruptcy hearing for Ray. Jenkins approached his son-in-law and asked him to take a polygraph test. Ray did not respond at the time, but Jenkins said Ray, through a representative, since has said he will take a GBI-administered polygraph test.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/che...metmissing.html

By DON PLUMMER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 11/26/05
Since Sueann Ray vanished Aug. 26, the mystery surrounding the Woodstock mother's fate has only deepened.

No arrests have been made, despite a more than $100,000 reward to entice tipsters. And the police have stopped talking.

A month ago, Woodstock police stopped commenting on the case except to say that any information or evidence they receive goes straight to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Any tips from the public should be phoned to the GBI tip line, said Woodstock detective Sgt. Dan King, who had been leading the investigation.

GBI spokesman John Bankhead said his agency is investigating the case, which spans several jurisdictions, but he offered few specifics. GBI Agent John Cagle, who Bankhead said is leading the investigation, refused to discuss the case.

"There's been too much talk about this case already, so I'm not going to comment at all," Cagle said during a brief telephone interview.

Back when King was talking, he said one thing publicly about Ray's estranged husband, and another thing to a fellow officer. Neither Woodstock Assistant Police Chief Jim Free nor King would discuss why King told another officer that Ray's estranged husband is a suspect "in her suspicious death."

Despite King's remarks, police still haven't publicly named any suspects nor is there any evidence that Sueann Ray is dead.

About the time that Woodstock police distanced themselves from the investigation, Ray's family hired its own private investigator, citing frustration with the lack of police progress. Former Cherokee County Sheriff John Seay, hired Oct. 24, said he is making progress three months after Sueann Ray disappeared.

Ray was last seen by her estranged husband when he said she stopped by his Pickens County home on Aug. 26. Quinton Ray said his wife left from there to pick up their daughter from his parents' home in nearby Ball Ground. He said his wife, from whom he had been separated for seven months, was then bound for Augusta to visit with her father for the weekend.

Sueann Ray's minivan was found three days later in a Canton Wal-Mart parking lot.

. . . .

Jenkins said he has asked Seay to look at every possible suspect.

Some evidence in the case may not be available to Seay. That includes evidence seized during a police search of Quinton Ray's home and auto repair shop. The results of that search were sealed by a judge.

For his part, Quinton Ray said he wants Sueann to be found alive. Quinton Ray's attorney, David Cannon, said Ray is fully cooperating with police.

When Sueann did not arrive as expected in Augusta that weekend, Jenkins said he began calling her cell phone, but he only got voice mail.

Jenkins heart nearly stopped on Monday, Aug. 29, when another daughter called to say Sueann's boss had told her Sueann hadn't come to work.

"It is the sinkingist feeling I've ever had," Jenkins recalls. "She was super responsible and never missed work."

About 11 p.m. that Monday, Sueann Ray's maroon 1998 Ford Windstar was found — backed into a space on the far side of the Wal-Mart parking lot on Riverstone Parkway in Canton. There was no sign of a struggle inside the vehicle, King said.

The video from the lot's surveillance camera was taken by police, but they will not say what it showed. A couple of things were odd things about the vehicle, however, Ray's sister said.

"Well, for one thing it was clean, not trashy inside, and that was unlike my sister," Sandy Chasm said. The other sign of foul play, she said, is that Ray never backed into a parking space. "She couldn't even back up a bicycle," Chasm said.

Four weeks later, Quinton Ray was identified as a suspect in a police report about a related incident obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

On Sept. 25, Emerson police Lt. Kevin McBurnett diffused a situation between Ray and another man at an area bar. McBurnett wrote in his report of the incident that while speaking with King that evening, the Woodstock detective said Ray had been arrested for threatening the other man, who King said had been having an affair with Sueann Ray.

That's when, according to McBurnett, King called Quinton Ray "a suspect in his wife's suspicious death."

Earlier this month Jenkins confronted Quinton Ray during a bankruptcy hearing for Ray. Jenkins approached his son-in-law and asked him to take a polygraph test. Ray did not respond at the time, but Jenkins said Ray, through a representative, since has said he will take a GBI-administered polygraph test.

FYI....Nancy Grace will be talking about this case tonight on CNN Headline News at 8 eastern. Something about NASA helping with the WalMart Videos of the parking lot where her van was found.

concernedperson said:
FYI....Nancy Grace will be talking about this case tonight on CNN Headline News at 8 eastern. Something about NASA helping with the WalMart Videos of the parking lot where her van was found.

Sue Ann's dad said that he wants NASA to take the video from the parking lot so that they can try and make the video clearer. The spokesperson from NASA said that the request has to come from LE or GBI and then they will gladly take the tape and see what they can do with it. He said that they do it for free. They took the Carly tape and one of Elizabeth Smart and some others and made them clearer. I wonder if the tape will show Sue Ann's husband dropping her van off at WalMart? He probably left the van at the very end of the parking lot hoping that there wasn't a video camera there.

Sue Ann's dad said that Sue Ann's husband has told him that he would take a poly...Sue Ann's dad even told the husband that he would pay for the test. The husband keeps saying he will do it but hasn't made a move to actually do it.

He or LE mentioned searching the home of Sue Ann's in-laws but it wasn't clear if just the house was searched or if the property was included. They have also seached the husband's house and shop.

I wish that the FBI or GBI would hurry up and put in a request to NASA for the video enhancement.

Hoping for answers for Sue Ann Ray and her loving family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back