GA - SueAnn Ray, 26, Pickens County, 26 August 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
petra said:
I wish that the FBI or GBI would hurry up and put in a request to NASA for the video enhancement.

Hoping for answers for Sue Ann Ray and her loving family.

I wish they would too. I wonder why LE doesn't turn to these people right away. They could have had the video done by now and if Sue Ann's husband shows up on the tape it would have saved LE a whole lot of time searching.

I still think that she is somewhere on the in-laws property. The dogs followed her scent to their property and she never picked up her daughter at their house that day. I just wish they would hurry up and find her. I feel so bad for her family.

SewingDeb said:
Any updates?

Sue Ann's dad said that he has even offered to pay for the lie detector test and Ray keeps saying he will take one but he never gets beyond that.

The dogs followed Sue Ann's scent right up to Ray's parents property. Last I heard they won't allow their property to be searched. LE did say recently that they had searched the husband's property and his parents without search warrents but they didn't mention the parents property where someone could bury a body. I want to know if LE has taken dogs onto that property and searched it. I really believe that is where Sue Ann is. I think that is where the husband kept Sue Ann's vehicle until he dumped it at Walmart.

Missing woman's 6-year-old subject of custody fight

Published on: 12/22/05

The daughter of a Woodstock woman missing nearly four months is at the center of a custody battle between her father and her mother's family.

A Pickens County judge on Wednesday set a hearing for Jan. 13 on the question of where 6-year-old Charity Ray will live. Until then the Woodstock elementary school student will continue living with her godparents, where she has been since her mother, Sueann Ray, disappeared Aug. 26.

After a two-hour closed hearing on a request by Charity's father, Quinton Ray, to regain custody of his daughter, Juvenile Court Judge John Worcester–Holland issued a gag order preventing Ray or his wife's family from discussing the case.

"They've told me I can't talk about the case, but I will say today was a victory," Danny Jenkins, Sueann's father, said as he left the courthouse in Jasper. "We have a way to go before Charity will be with us, but we won't be giving up."

Quinton Ray declined to comment on the custody battle or on the search for his estranged wife.

Continued:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/che...2metsueann.html

Missing woman's 6-year-old subject of custody fight

By BY DON PLUMMER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 12/22/05 The daughter of a Woodstock woman missing nearly four months is at the center of a custody battle between her father and her mother's family.

A Pickens County judge on Wednesday set a hearing for Jan. 13 on the question of where 6-year-old Charity Ray will live. Until then the Woodstock elementary school student will continue living with her godparents, where she has been since her mother, Sueann Ray, disappeared Aug. 26.

Sueann Ray poses for a family portrait with husband Quinton Ray and their daughter, Charity. SueAnn Ray was last seen Aug. 26, and her abandoned vehicle was found three days later. Charity is now 6 years old.

[font=arial, helvetica][/font]
1pix_trans.gif

After a two-hour closed hearing on a request by Charity's father, Quinton Ray, to regain custody of his daughter, Juvenile Court Judge John Worcester–Holland issued a gag order preventing Ray or his wife's family from discussing the case.

"They've told me I can't talk about the case, but I will say today was a victory," Danny Jenkins, Sueann's father, said as he left the courthouse in Jasper. "We have a way to go before Charity will be with us, but we won't be giving up."

Quinton Ray declined to comment on the custody battle or on the search for his estranged wife.

I sure hope that the husband doesn't get custody of that little girl. He set Sue Ann up so that she would have to go to his place by taking that little girl out of school and then taking the little girl to his parents place.

I wonder if LE is ever going to get a warrent to search the husband's parents property? It is so maddening because the dogs took LE right up to those people's property. I think his parents will lie for him to save his sorry butt.

Wish they would get the video to NASSA and back. I hope it shows Ray backing that van into a space at WalMart and getting out of it. Hope it also shows the vehicle that picked him up too. Probably his dad or mom.

Bobbisangel said:
I sure hope that the husband doesn't get custody of that little girl. He set Sue Ann up so that she would have to go to his place by taking that little girl out of school and then taking the little girl to his parents place.

I wonder if LE is ever going to get a warrent to search the husband's parents property? It is so maddening because the dogs took LE right up to those people's property. I think his parents will lie for him to save his sorry butt.

Wish they would get the video to NASSA and back. I hope it shows Ray backing that van into a space at WalMart and getting out of it. Hope it also shows the vehicle that picked him up too. Probably his dad or mom.
I agree with you....

Battle for Missing Mother's Child

Posted: 1/13/2006
Reported By: Paul Crawley

Though she’s been missing since last, the mother of a 6-year-old girl from Cherokee County, will be at the center of a custody hearing Friday.

Quinton Ray, the father of Charity Ray, is battling with his estranged wife’s friends and family for custody of the young girl. Her mother and Quinton’s estranged wife, Sueann Ray of Woodstock, Ga., has been missing since August 26, 2005.

Efforts by Woodstock police investigators to locate Sueann have included two canine searches of Quinton’s home in Pickens County. Authorities said results from both efforts have been sealed by a county judge.

On Friday, though, a judge is expected to rule on who will care for Charity, the daughter of Quinton and Sueann. Since Sueann vanished about four months ago, her best friend, Leslie Colley, has looked after Charity.

“It’s tough and all I can do is just comfort her and give her as much support and love as I can,” Colley said.

Continued at link:

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=74544

I wonder what happened in the custody hearing on friday. I hope and pray that the dad doesn't get custody. That little girl should be left right where she is with Sue Ann's best friend. She is probably settled in there and feels safe and secure. I can't stand Sue Ann's husband and I do think that he murdered Sue Ann and that she is buried on his parent's land.

The full article and picture are here: http://www.ledgernews.com/top%20stories.html. (Also, Nancy Grace will talk about Sue Ann this Friday, January 27th, on her show.)

Investigation yields no sign of missing woman
By Erika B. Neldner
erikaneldner@ledgernews.com

It’s been almost five months since Sue Ann Ray went missing and there have been no signs of the Woodstock woman since.

The Woodstock Police Department asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) to help investigate in September of last year. The GBI continues to search for the single mother.

“We are working it every day—following leads everyday,” said John Cagle, special agent in charge of the GBI’s Region 8 Field Division. “We’re still staying focused on it.”

SNIP

Quinton Ray, Ray’s estranged husband, said he doesn’t want to be involved in the case and has nothing to do with it.

“I’m not involved,” Quinton Ray said. “I ain’t got nothing to add to this story.”

SNIP

While the GBI continues to investigate the case, Chasm and her husband Jason, as well as Quinton Ray are trying to get custody of Quinton and Sue Ann’s 6-year-old child.

The child is in the custody of one of Sue Ann’s friends who has been approved by the Department of Family and Children’s Services.

Here's a question: If someone just happened to tresspass on his family's property, and they just happen to find something, can the police use that information to get a warrant?

I don't know how that would work legally bykerladi. The problem with anyone doing that in the first place though, is that his family (from what I've heard - I don't know any of them personally) is one scarey bunch. Like, if someone did try & sneak onto their property, they might just be risking their OWN life kinda scarey.

Sue ann's father's desperation in saying "he doesn't care who they are or what they believe in as long as they want to help find my daughter" (paraphrashed from my memory and taken from link above) just absolutely breaks my heart!

Has this case been on AMW? Does anyone have any info on how to get ahold of the father? I would appreciate it if you would get ahold of me if you do have an email address or a physical address. Thank you.

Roxy

My heart just goes out to Sue Ann's dad. It's pretty obvious that she was murdered and to me it is obvious that her husband is the one who murdered her.

Did they ever get the video back from NASSA? I wonder what it showed. I wonder if LE ever took dogs to the husband's property or his parents property? I still believe that she is buried on the husband's parents property.

Anyone know how the custody case turned out. It must be over by now.

I can't get the last link...above...to work on my computer so I don't know what info it had in it.

I haven't heard about this case being on AMW. If LE would contact them they would probably be willing to do a segment on this case. I wonder if Sue Ann's dad has contacted them? Things happen a lot faster if LE request AMW do a segment because of all the info and proof AMW requests.

http://www.11alive.com/help/search/search_article.aspx?storyid=75340

Bobbisangel, this is the article above you couldn't get to work!!

A pair of psychics have offered their assistance to the family of a metro Atlanta woman who has been missing for nearly six months.

Sue Ann Ray disappeared in August and while her relatives have said they can now accept the idea that she has been killed, they desperately want to find her body. Family members feel the psychics can help them accomplish that.

Gabbie Chase is one of the psychic investigators the family is using in the search. Chase calls herself a medium for the missing and two months before family members erected a cross for Sue Ann, Chase said she saw the cross in one of her visions.

Chase also said Ray has been speaking to her since her disappearance.

"I think she was murdered," Chase said. "It was very cold. I think the people invovled have no remorse and i think she's ready for justice to be done."

The psychic investigators have said they have re-traced the steps they think Sue Ann took the day she vanished. The investigators said those steps led them to an area near the home of Sue Ann’s estranged husband, Quinton Ray.

Sue Ann’s father said he is somewhat skeptical of the psychics’ findings.

"I don’t know know these people but I will try anybody that can help me find my daughter," said Danny Jenkins. "Who it is what they believe in, I don't care if they can find my daughter I’m in."

Chase and her partner would not go into specfics about other details of their investigation but they did say they wanted police to follow up on their feelings.

"Our hope is that someone will listen to what we're saying and be able to look in the specific area we're talking about," said psychic investigator, Laura Moore.

Ray’s husband admits he may be the last person to have seen Sue Ann alive, but he maintains he has done nothing wrong.

So far, police have not named a suspect in Ray's disappearance.

gingersnap,

Thanks so much for posting that link. I really appreciate it.

I totally agree with Sue Ann's dad. When you have a missing/murdered child you do reach a point where you will try anything. He can't lose a thing by these ladies seeing what they may come up with. Now if LE will listen to them and follow up on what they believe they have heard/seen. If it doesn't pan out it will be a let down but I think anything is worth trying.

When my youngest daughter was murdered and her ex was on the run my oldest daughter contacted a psychic. I've always been leery of them but she wanted to try. To make a long story short the lady told my daughter that she saw my daughter being murdered in her car...she could see her through the windshield. This was true.

She said that she could see the killer in handcuffs and that she has never seen a person in handcuffs that hadn't gotten caught. She said that he was in Mexico and he would be caught in Oct or Nov. It was in March that my daughter talked to the psychic.

I said "well, we'll see." I didn't want to get my hopes up just to be disappointed but I was hoping anyway. Time went by and it got closer to Oct.
Nothing happened in Oct but on Nov 16th....six days after what would have been the birthday of my murdered daughter I got the call. He had been caught in Mexico by the Border patrol and the FBI. He was kicked out of Mexico by the Border patrol...flown to LA along with the FBI and met at LA by our detectives from Washington state....they then arrested him for 1st degree murder.

I'm still skeptic about psychics but this one was right on. Needless to say we were thrilled. We had waited 8 yrs for him to be caught.

I hope that these psychics are right on too. Sue Ann's family really needs to find her and give her a proper buriel. That not knowing what happened or where she is has to really take a toll on them.

I wonder how close the husband lives to his parents? The search dogs went right up to the parents property. If they live close to each other then I believe the psychics are right about where she is. I also agree that there is no remorse from him or his parents. I just hope that he doesn't get away with this. He seems to be a cocky jerk and I believe he set Sue Ann up to be murdered by picking up their daughter from school when he wasn't supposed to have her. He knew that Sue Ann would go to his place to pick her up. When Sue Ann got there her daughter was at the grandparents leaving Sue Ann and him alone.

The search dogs went right up to the parents property.

Does that mean that search dogs were taken to the parents property and not allowed to search, or does that mean that search dogs began somewhere else and followed a scent to that property?

I found my answer in Nancy Grace transcripts where Sueann's father says one of 9 dog teams followed a live scent from Quinton's residence to the driveway of the in-law's residence. A private investigator, OTOH, states that it's not possible the dogs followed a scent 8 miles. One of several transcripts at: http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0511/23/ng.01.html

I also read on another board that the in-laws residence and property has been searched as of December and nothing found.

LovelyPigeon said:
Does that mean that search dogs were taken to the parents property and not allowed to search, or does that mean that search dogs began somewhere else and followed a scent to that property?

That is all I remember hearing...the dogs went right up to the parents property. I would imagine that the husband said that Sue Ann left his house to go to his parent's home to pick up their daughter. I don't know if they started the dogs at the husbands house and were led to the parents property by the dogs or what.

Personally I think that he murdered Sue Ann at his house and then took her in her van to his parents property. There he got rid of her body somewhere on the property....cleaned her van inside and outside and drove it to Walmart and left it parked at the very end of the parking lot. Sue Ann's sister said that Sue Ann never cleaned out her van but it was spick and span when LE found it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back