GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be on surveillance? Not sure how the cops found this out?

I'm curious about the lunch possibility posted upthread.

Maybe there was a burger sack in his trash with a receipt from that day around noon?

It's very hard to imagine that a man trying to fake that he forgot his child would go out and get a burger in that car.

I'm curious about the lunch possibility posted upthread.

Maybe there was a burger sack in his trash with a receipt from that day around noon?

It's very hard to imagine that a man trying to fake that he forgot his child would go out and get a burger in that car.

Interesting that you would say that -- I have always been fascinated how some folks stuff themselves when they are stressed and others can't even face food during stress.

Interesting that you would say that -- I have always been fascinated how some folks stuff themselves when they are stressed and others can't even face food during stress.

I don't know that he was stressed before finding Cooper back there.

And I really don't think if he was trying to kill him and fake that he didn't remember he left the baby in the car, he'd take the car for a spin for lunch. That part just doesn't add up for me.

Guys, scroll down and look at the picture of the car in this article. For some reason I thought it was a van??? Am I the only one who thinks it would be harder to forget an almost 2 yr old in this type of car? Maybe it's just me but there's not a lot of room in those SUV's. Also the intense heat the black upholstery must have absorbed...poor baby.

These are just my thoughts and observations. Just curious what you guys think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-inconsistencies-case-shocks-conscience.html

evidence. The unsourced claim is that there is evidence. Whether video, witness statements, hard telling.

Curious to see how LE handles this info being leaked or made up. I want to see how they respond to questions that will now be asked about this alleged new info

That would convince me he knew early in the day. Still not enough that it was planned

Wonder if he was drug tested upon booking....with not having ''proof'' of planning what if he was ""just"" impaired due to pharmaceutical use ((could be Rx - we don't know yet))

IS that really all they have on him. Apparently not.

LE says his story hasn't added up from the moment they arrived at the parking lot. The AA male witness interviewed on camera and linked a few pages back seemed to have concerns immediately that this may have been a situation where the baby was hurt purposefully.

They have said they have reason to believe Harris knew that Cooper was in the car.

Now it is released that LE believe he went out to his car around the noon hour.

As many are assuming this newest comes from surveillance video of the work parking lot, what if he is seen looking into or accessing the area of the car where Cooper lay dead or dying?

I am still fence riding but must be honest, I am leaning way over onto the where there is smoke there IS fire side of falling off.

I'm not far behind you...

As far as the witness they wouldn't have any knowledge other than what they saw and later heard the investigators saying to each other. So the gling to hhe car mid day doesn't apply. They took Ross away from the scene pretty fast. Probably before interviewing witnesses. The one man describing Cooper being in the position of the car seat would imply to most people he had been dead a while. Mix that with whatever he overheard and im not sure his perspective is his own. I believe his quote said something to the affect of " I hope something happened other than what we are thinking happened " that tells me the "we" are the investigators and other witnesses at the scene.

Guys, scroll down and look at the picture of the car in this article. For some reason I thought it was a van??? Am I the only one who thinks it would be harder to forget an almost 2 yr old in this type of car? Maybe it's just me but there's not a lot of room in those SUV's. Also the intense heat the black upholstery must have absorbed...poor baby.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-inconsistencies-case-shocks-conscience.html

He is a BIG GUY from what I can tell. It seems to me he'd have his seat all the way scooted back. If the carseat were directly behind him it would truly be hard to see the baby when getting in and out of the car. The seat would make a little pocket back there where the baby could sit relatively difficult to see when getting in and out. Especially if the headrest is up.

It's definitely a smaller ''suv'' (seems like an oxymoron) .... and the rear seats are pretty close to the backs of the front seat -- not a whole mess of leg room

evidence. The unsourced claim is that there is evidence. Whether video, witness statements, hard telling.

Curious to see how LE handles this info being leaked or made up. I want to see how they respond to questions that will now be asked about this alleged new info

I think they found something very quickly in his office that raised their concerns and caused them to get the search warrant. I think combing through hours of video of the car would take quite some time - and I don't think it took them much time to find the "evidence".

Although they may have video evidence now, I don't think that was what caused them to arrest him immediately.

He is a BIG GUY from what I can tell. It seems to me he'd have his seat all the way scooted back. If the carseat were directly behind him it would truly be hard to see the baby when getting in and out of the car. The seat would make a little pocket back there where the baby could sit relatively difficult to see when getting in and out. Especially if the headrest is up.

the line of sight from the rear view for such a small SUV means that he would have seen the car seat (and possibly flailed arms hanging off the side of the car seat))....

That's a good point but to me that means he could not help but see the child when he opened his door to get in, unless I'm looking at things the wrong way.

I can understand how it could have happened in a van but these cars are tight, not much leg room between seats at all.

I think they found something very quickly in his office that raised their concerns and caused them to get the search warrant. I think combing through hours of video of the car would take quite some time - and I don't think it took them much time to find the "evidence".

Although they may have video evidence now, I don't think that was what caused them to arrest him immediately.

??? he wasn't arrested immediately ---- it was late late that night....he was taken to the station for interviewing ((which is more humanitarian than grilling him in public))

Okay. I have a Honda CRV, similar to the Harris' car. I just went out and checked it out.

When you approach the driver door, you can't see what's on the seat in the back. The tinting is too dark.

When the front seat is pushed all the way back, you also can't see the carseat when you get in the car, nor when you look on the rear view mirrors. You can see the very top of the seat where the head rest is, but you couldn't see a small child like Cooper back there without turning your body completely around in your seat and physically looking down the little "aisle" between the front seats.

Anybody else have a car similar to the Harris' car?

Since I've never had a child in daycare, I have to ask this.

Do married couple say that to each other if things are going fairly well? (If there's a real issue at daycare or the child is recently refusing to go, or seemed possibly ill that morning, I can see asking.)

In general, if the routine was for him to drop the baby off at day care and this had been going on for some time, would it be typical for a parent to ask that every day?

When my husband would leave in the morning and I'd take the kids to school a short while later - if we talked during the day he would never say how did dropping the kids off at school go today? I literally don't think he ever asked that, once, in all our kids lives.

So. I'm curious - for parents of kids in daycare, do you typically ask the parent who drops the child off how the drop off went if it were routine?

I am with both my children all day long. I drop off and pick up my oldest than ks in preschool. My husband asks me how her day was and later asks her. Only time I mention anything specific to drop off or pick up is if he notices I'm telling her we might be late in the morning. She freaks out if she isn't one of the first kids in the car line. Other than that there really isn't a reason to ask about those times specifically. I can see if a child cried at drop off or in the car a spouse asking how it went periodically but I would bet most couples would say they don't discuss drop off or pick up unless something went wrong or something note worthy happened. Just me and my husband and I text/email all day long about put kids, his day, my day, dinner and the kids.

Okay. I have a Honda CRV, similar to the Harris' car. I just went out and checked it out.

When you approach the driver door, you can't see what's on the seat in the back. The tinting is too dark.

When the front seat is pushed all the way back, you also can't see the carseat when you get in the car, nor when you look on the rear view mirrors. You can see the very top of the seat where the head rest is, but you couldn't see a small child like Cooper back there without turning your body completely around in your seat and physically looking down the little "aisle" between the front seats.

Thanks I have a van and the one time I was in one of these it just seemed so tight. I appreciate your checking it out and letting us know. :seeya:

I just read on JVM (it was posted on the tv screen).......... COD will be released tomorrow. I also heard earlier on HLN defendent has a hearing July 3rd, supposed to hear some evidence, per Vinnie. Per HLN.

I have a small SUV with no where near the tint Ross's car looks like it has. My 4 year old's seat is in the middle of the backseat and I can't see her if I'm approaching the car on either side but I can see her when I get in and in the re-view. My newborn is behind the passenger seat rear facing. With the canopy pulled up, when I get in the car, I can't tell if he is in the seat or not unless I reach around and try to touch him. With the canopy all the way down ( its a baby carrier type seat) I can see his legs only.For this reason I have a mirror on the head rest he faces so I can see if he is ok.
He sleeps if the car is moving. My 4 year old and I talk in the car or sing. When she was 2 and 3 she did fall asleep if it was close to a nap time or
had a lot of activity that day.

A lot of the bigger rear facing car seats for a child Coopers age are
Pretty high and thick on the sides then scoop in where the child's back would go so I wouldn't be surprised if in any car it would be hard to see anything but legs if the child (of any age) is rear facing. This is why the mirrors are so important.

I am curious to know how often Cooper attended the work onsite daycare and if there is any formal arrangement like signing that they will be present X days a week, etc. or if it is more like a come one come all, we will serve whoever needs daycare today even if your child does not come here regularly.

On site daycare would suggest dad had brought him there in teh past and this was not an "oops, I am not the regular taker to daycare person" Since it was on site at his workplace I would assume he took the child more than his wife. I know, I know, assumptions.

IMO it's gotta be more than the child was dead earlier from heat and he knew it earlier ...

Maybe the child showed evidence of being moved several times after death? Or some other visually observed by professionals physical trauma? Maybe he told the daycare he was sick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member