GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean it must be charged though? But then the cruelty charges stem from the belief that he knew that Cooper was there. But then if LE and DA knew the charge of child cruelty was going to generate an automatic need to also charge murder, then it is telling the way this has been charged. Fact is, it could have been charged with a lesser crime and then as new evidence was uncovered or came to light more charges be added.

Its my understanding in this type case they have to charge for the felony act if they want to convict on the highest murder charge the state allows without any direct motive or evidence that his original intention was to kill and the neglect happened via the murder attempt. If they can prove he knew he was leaving his child alone in the car and did so intentionally, doesn't matter if he thought the child might die, its reasonable that he could and that's enough to back up the current charge.

Manslaughter would have been a better way to go in my opinion. Doesn't matter if there was intent to leave him there... He did and he was in his care and due to his negligence the child died.

Regardless ...unless there is an eye witness to Ross's intentions or hard evidence that he acted with malice, any charge will be hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. But lets see the evidence before I get ahead of myself.

Anyone else see a disconnect between the police statement that they can't confirm if Cooper was in the car at 9am and this new leak/rumor that police have evidence that Ross went to the car midday? I'm not sure how both statements can be accurate...

Anyone else see a disconnect between the police statement that they can't confirm if Cooper was in the car at 9am and this new leak/rumor that police have evidence that Ross went to the car midday? I'm not sure how both statements can be accurate...

None of this makes any sense.
Are they indicating he picked him up after going to work and then staged it? Or someone else staged it? head spinning.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but, Harris used to be a police dispatcher.
http://wiat.com/2014/06/24/man-charged-in-toddlers-death-previously-worked-as-tpd-dispatcher/

I'm not sure what the training is involved with that job but I think its relevant for sure! He would have a better idea of what to do in an emergency and what the police might ask and look for. I'm not sure if it points to guilt or innocence but I think its an interesting piece of information to consider.

Harris said he left him in the car when he went into work at 9am. Is it possible that he took him into his office and then went out sometime midday and put him in the car? When they removed CH from the car was he not hot, sweaty, or even have dry sweat on him? Could that be what was "off"?

Not necessarily. Since this info is coming from leaks and not directly from LE, I think we are getting random pieces. All this is coming out today, and I wonder if they viewed the surveillance very recently, and after that statement was made.

Also, they really might not be able to confirm he was there at 9:00. If the dad says he was at work at 9:00 and he was not, they have no idea where the boy was at that time.

I really think this is why I hate leaks. You get these little snippets, and it almost makes it harder to wrap your head around!!

None of this makes any sense.
Are they indicating he picked him up after going to work and then staged it? Or someone else staged it? head spinning.

That's my point... One is a direct quote from Sargent Pierce ( I think) and the other is from an unnamed source close to the investigation. Hopefully they can clear this up soon. Whatever they have they felt it backed up felony murder yet the investigation must have ceased and cleared the mom by now being they not only released the body to her but are allowing her to leave the state for the funeral. That tells me she is in no way involved or had prior knowledge to whatever transpired. So they would have to, I would think, be able to account for Cooper from the time he left the mothers care in the morning (i assume around 9am) until the time they came on scene at 4pm to prove this wasn't an accident.???

Harris said he left him in the car when he went into work at 9am. Is it possible that he took him into his office and then went out sometime midday and put him in the car? When they removed CH from the car was he not hot, sweaty, or even have dry sweat on him? Could that be what was "off"?

Well if he took him into work in the am no way would he attempt to say he accidentally left him in the car at 9am. I don't know what poor Cooper would have looked like under those conditions. My interpretation from what police have said is that his stories didn't add up so they tried to create a timeline but they never suggested it didn't go along with Cooper passing due to hyperthermia or heat exhaustion so I'm still confident that will be the COS. I'm more interested in the Manner if Death- it will be homicide or accident.

Not necessarily. Since this info is coming from leaks and not directly from LE, I think we are getting random pieces. All this is coming out today, and I wonder if they viewed the surveillance very recently, and after that statement was made.

Also, they really might not be able to confirm he was there at 9:00. If the dad says he was at work at 9:00 and he was not, they have no idea where the boy was at that time.

I really think this is why I hate leaks. You get these little snippets, and it almost makes it harder to wrap your head around!!

is the rumor:
"Ross went to his car midday"
or is it
"Ross knew his son was in the car?"

If it's the second one, it could mean Ross knew his son was in the back of the car when he pulled over at the Mall and pretended to have just found him. Doesn't mean he knew at midday.

Remember, there's also a rumor that Ross didn't drive straight to scene.
He claims:
Work --> Akers Milll Shopping Center

Police think he went:
Work --> ???? --> Akers Mill Shopping Center

So is it possible they think Cooper was put in the car during the "????" time? Is it possible Ross didn't drive that car to work but picked it up from someone else (wife?) after he left work and then staged the scene at Akers Mill?

This is all speculation but I'm trying to figure out where he would have stopped and why.

***The above is pure speculation and my opinion***

is the rumor:
or is it

If it's the second one, it could mean Ross knew his son was in the back of the car when he pulled over at the Mall and pretended to have just found him. Doesn't mean he knew at midday.

He claims:

Police think he went:

So is it possible they think Cooper was put in the car during the "????" time? Is it possible Ross didn't drive that car to work but picked it up from someone else (wife?) after he left work and then staged the scene at Akers Mill?

This is all speculation but I'm trying to figure out where he would have stopped and why.

Cause of death and search warrants will be released tomorrow. I am sure that it will at least clear up a bit.

IMO it's gotta be more than the child was dead earlier from heat and he knew it earlier ...

Maybe the child showed evidence of being moved several times after death? Or some other visually observed by professionals physical trauma? Maybe he told the daycare he was sick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there LTNS!:seeya:

I do believe the COD will be from heat exposure. Imo, he let his beautiful little son die a horrible death. I have read that when one dies this way rigor mortis sits in much faster due to the intense heat. So that would account for his rigid little body.

The police must have found something very important and quickly for them to move as fast as they did.

I wonder if he talked or texted with his wife throughout the day? Maybe like most moms she asked him if their son made it to daycare ok, and he replied 'yes' or texted 'yes.' If that were the case his wife would know right off the bat he was lying about forgetting him.

Maybe she even texted him in the afternoon before he left work to make sure he picked up their son at the daycare center and he told her he would. Any conversation about Cooper would make him realize he had left him in the car if it was an accident which IMO it wasn't.

If they did have communication about Cooper then there is no way he can say he 'forgot.' Gah! What a heartbreaking case.:(

IMO

I do believe the COD will be from heat exposure. Imo, he let his beautiful little son die a horrible death. I have read that when one dies this way rigor mortis sits in much faster due to the intense heat. So that would account for his rigid little body.

The police must have found something very important and quickly for them to move as fast as they did.

I wonder if he talked or texted with his wife throughout the day? Maybe like most moms she asked him if their son made it to daycare ok, and he replied 'yes' or texted 'yes.' If that were the case his wife would know right off the bat he was lying about forgetting him.

Maybe she even texted him in the afternoon before he left work to make sure he picked up their son at the daycare center and he told her he would. Any conversation about Cooper would make him realize he had left him in the car if it was an accident which IMO it wasn't.

If they did have communication about Cooper then there is no way he can say he 'forgot.' Gah! What a heartbreaking case.:(

IMO

That's what I was thinking- but where did he go in between work and the mall, I wonder? Girlfriend? drug dealer?

off topic: anyone know how I can post a new thread? My family member had there housebroken into and only passports were stolen? Police refuse to follow through with the DNA/prints taken off the safe.
ID Theft? black market passport sales? What are they dealing with here? very concerned. Cops told them they cannot help them but they will return and they are on their own.

I honestly don't know if it matters if he stopped at a bank, drive through or anywhere else before pulling into the shopping center. A man in shock saying "all i know is I walked into work at 9am and left at 4pm i must have forgotten to take him to school" isn't a stretch despite maybe leaving for lunch. Is it crazy to think he is that oblivious that he didnt notice him then, yes but all that matters is when he discovered the son was deceased in the back seat and if he knew he was there all day after forgetting to take him to school. If they can prove he knowingly left the child there then there is felony murder. I'm not sure how one proves this without a confession or, eye witness,accomplice or a video of him checking on the kid through out the day.

Goodness! I checked the updates on the story and there must be 2 dozen! wowwee!

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

IMO

Not to defend him because I just want justice one way or the other but most parents who accidentally left kid only to have them die in the car would have texted back they would pick them up , or yes they got to school ok because these people actually thought they dropped them off. They have even gone to pick them up not realizing the kid is dead in the car. Its crazy but it has happened many many times. Text messages to a girlfriend that is watching Cooper or that he will be by with Cooper or that he has the child in the car while he tries to finish something up in the office etc I can see as incriminating. Conversations and communications between mom and dad like everything is ok falls in line with stories of parents who honestly thought they brought the kid to school.

I honestly don't know if it matters if he stopped at a bank, drive through or anywhere else before pulling into the shopping center. A man in shock saying "all i know is I walked into work at 9am and left at 4pm i must have forgotten to take him to school" isn't a stretch despite maybe leaving for lunch. Is it crazy to think he is that oblivious that he didnt notice him then, yes but all that matters is when he discovered the son was deceased in the back seat and if he knew he was there all day after forgetting to take him to school. If they can prove he knowingly left the child there then there is felony murder. I'm not sure how one proves this without a confession or, eye witness,accomplice or a video of him checking on the kid through out the day.

I suspect that they have surveillance of him actually opening the door and looking in or doing something in the back seat. (JMO.) It seems they feel his whereabouts according to him were a lie.

is the rumor:

or is it

He claims:

Police think he went:

What did did he actually arrive at work????

That's what I was thinking- but where did he go in between work and the mall, I wonder? Girlfriend? drug dealer?

off topic: anyone know how I can post a new thread? My family member had there housebroken into and only passports were stolen? Police refuse to follow through with the DNA/prints taken off the safe.

ID Theft? black market passport sales? What are they dealing with here? very concerned. Cops told them they cannot help them but they will return and they are on their own.

When you loose or have a passport stolen you must make notification immediately.
If you are in the United States and are not traveling within 2 weeks:

You must submit Form DS-11 and DS-64 in person at an authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility. You may:
Use our online guide to fill out Form DS-11 and DS-64 and then print for submission by mail or in person; or
Print Form DS-11 and Form DS-64 and complete by hand.
MORE
To report a lost or stolen passport only (without replacing)
If you would like to report a lost or stolen passport, but you do not need a new passport:

Call us toll free at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793), or
Complete, sign, and mail Form DS-64 to the address on the form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads