GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they found something very quickly in his office that raised their concerns and caused them to get the search warrant. I think combing through hours of video of the car would take quite some time - and I don't think it took them much time to find the "evidence".

Although they may have video evidence now, I don't think that was what caused them to arrest him immediately.

But wouldn't they have needed a search warrant to search through his office?....I don't believe LE can just make the call to perform such a search without a warrant from a judge and they'd surely be following proper protocol with respect to investigation and evidence collection as improper protocol could result in all kinds of legal / trial nightmares.

I suspect that they have surveillance of him actually opening the door and looking in or doing something in the back seat. (JMO.) It seems they feel his whereabouts according to him were a lie.

If they have him on surveillance doing anything in the back seat he is for sure going down. No one is that oblivious. My concern is that we may never know the truth. If someone claims they saw him or of his phone pinged off a tower at lunch time and it shows he used the car again it still will never prove beyond a reasonable doubt he left the child on purpose. A jury might not believe him of course but one could have reasonable doubt.

I'm suspect as to them having footage. That is a huge lot. I can see it having some video scan capabilities but not sure it would be close enough to determine who and what was in the car and what doors Ross may or may not have opened etc. If I had to guess he left for lunch or told someone he was going to lunch etc. cell phone ping maybe... I'll be shocked if it is on video. If so they would have Cooper on video and the case would have been a little easier to investigate .

I'm thinking it was something far more obvious, they weren't buying whatever he was selling immediately...and not just because he was shaken up, in shock or whatever. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But wouldn't they have needed a search warrant to search through his office?....I don't believe LE can just make the call to perform such a search without a warrant from a judge and they'd surely be following proper protocol with respect to investigation and evidence collection as improper protocol could result in all kinds of legal / trial nightmares.

I mean being the kid was in his car and he is the last person to see him alive and Ross told them he was at work all day ... all that is most likely more than enough to get a warrant to search his office while they had him in interrogation.

If they have him on surveillance doing anything in the back seat he is for sure going down. No one is that oblivious. My concern is that we may never know the truth. If someone claims they saw him or of his phone pinged off a tower at lunch time and it shows he used the car again it still will never prove beyond a reasonable doubt he left the child on purpose. A jury might not believe him of course but one could have reasonable doubt.

I'm suspect as to them having footage. That is a huge lot. I can see it having some video scan capabilities but not sure it would be close enough to determine who and what was in the car and what doors Ross may or may not have opened etc. If I had to guess he left for lunch or told someone he was going to lunch etc. cell phone ping maybe... I'll be shocked if it is on video. If so they would have Cooper on video and the case would have been a little easier to investigate .

Surveillance is really amazing now. Have you seen any shows that feature surveillance in Walmart parking lots? You can see things very clearly. I would not be surprised if surveillance very clearly showed something. I'm not saying it did, but that it's not necessarily like grainy gas station footage.

When you loose or have a passport stolen you must make notification immediately.
If you are in the United States and are not traveling within 2 weeks:

You must submit Form DS-11 and DS-64 in person at an authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility. You may:
Use our online guide to fill out Form DS-11 and DS-64 and then print for submission by mail or in person; or
Print Form DS-11 and Form DS-64 and complete by hand.
MORE
To report a lost or stolen passport only (without replacing)
If you would like to report a lost or stolen passport, but you do not need a new passport:

Call us toll free at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793), or
Complete, sign, and mail Form DS-64 to the address on the form

Thanks, the police didn't offer them any assistance.

I'm thinking it was something far more obvious, they weren't buying whatever he was selling immediately...and not just because he was shaken up, in shock or whatever. IMO

Maybe... The friend and family support made me feel otherwise. Hopefully we will know more soon.

Who was the guy quoted that said in 34 years of police work this had bothered him more than anything else he had seen ( paraphrasing here.)

That bothers me.

Maybe... The friend and family support made me feel otherwise. Hopefully we will know more soon.

Out of curiosity, how so?

I mean...no one wants to believe their husband and son would murder their precious boy. I would be shocked if a family didn't immediate support him. I would imagine they can't conceive of something so terrible.

JMO

I'm not sure how it works but do they need a warrant to search a place of business if the owner of the building gives permission?

Someone correct me if I'm way off about that.

Who was the guy quoted that said in 34 years of police work this had bothered him more than anything else he had seen ( paraphrasing here.)

That bothers me.

Is this going to be Casey Anthony type of shocking info? Reporters claim they're hearing bad info. Will be announced at a presser tomorrow. :)

I'm not sure how it works but do they need a warrant to search a place of business if the owner of the building gives permission?

As I understood it, they went into his workplace and immediately saw something that made them go get a search warrant. I think because he had just come from there with the baby, cops could walk up there and check things out and interact with coworkers. At that point, almost immediately, they saw something that made them get a search warrant.

I believe police are welcome to come into public places as his office would probably be, and just ask around a little bit, but further investigation requires a warrant if they see something of real concern.

I thought they executed the search warrant while he was being questioned? I wonder if the inconsistencies in his statements or the body gave them enough. I don't think it would be terribly hard to get a warrant quickly that time of day.

With that said, I also thought they could search with permission from the business. I assume any equipment in his office is company issued. Not positive on any of that, though.

By the way, I love your gif. Proud corgi owner, here!

As I understood it, they went into his workplace and immediately saw something that made them go get a search warrant. I think because he had just come from there with the baby, cops could walk up there and check things out and interact with coworkers. At that point, almost immediately, they saw something that made them get a search warrant.

Thank you! That clears some things up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214