GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.....so police took Dad into custody very very quickly, and very early on they made statements that things weren't adding up from the start and that this seemed like way more than a case of a forgetful Dad. So as many of us here suspect, there must have been something visible at the scene, in the vehicle, on the child's body that lead them to immediately arrest him.

So what could this something be?

-duct tape residue on child's face? (to prevent child from crying out and risk being heard by someone and rescued)
-duct tape inside the vehicle/in the back seat?
-dried blood on the back of child's head?
-signs of a crushed skull/skull contusion?
-dried blood in the ears? (sign of head injury)

Etc?

I see some (well one person in particular) over in the 'comments' section of the "Donation" website is responding like she's an authority, declaring that he suffered from "Fatal Distraction" bla bla bla. And that's based on what? I've yet to hear that he's undergone any kind of intense psychiatric/neurogical assessment but I guess this person feels she's qualified to make this determination and spread it around like it's the gospel truth. *SMH*

I've noticed the same blind, sheep mentality among two people posting comments. It's rather interesting how people blindly donate money without knowing if the tot was killed by his parents. Good luck getting a refund.

Looking forward to tomorrow when the cause of death of this sweet darling child will be released, and also the search warrants.

Good night, all.

Even in 2014, people cannot believe that a middle-class married man in suburbia could murder his kid. And these people follow the news! They should not be this naive. I even saw comments on Jane Velez Mitchell's page: "I don't want to believe someone could do that!" WTH? You are a fan of a show that focuses on crime!

If there's one thing I've learned in my 46 yrs, from watching the news and keeping abreast of what goes on in the world, it's that you can never truly know somebody.......not even your spouse. Even the nicest, kindest, sweetest most personable people can have a very dark side. Also when people in a community express shock and disbelief over a tragedy or murder in their community, stating "things like that just don't happen here" I always shake my head. People can snap, due to mental illness, festering rage or the desire for revenge, or for monetary gain.......or to stop someone from taking something/someone important to them (like in the case of a divorce....taking material things, or custody of children). Never say never. Murder and evil know no boundaries........ethnicity, socioeconomic status, race, color, gender, role, relationship, religion, etc.

Interesting however unless he thought the kid was there there was no reason to check a rear facing carseat if you thought the kid was at daycare. Not defending him just saying most cases I read about this the people drove to pick up their kids not knowing they were deceased in the backseat. If he went to lunch and came back it would make this that much sadder and crazier but doesn't make it intentional

BBM. My youngest is 13 so maybe I'm out of the loop, but would a 22-month old really still be in a rear-facing car seat? I can't imagine it, but maybe it's just because my kids are exceptionally tall, lol. Their knees would have been up by their ears!

If there's one thing I've learned in my 46 yrs, from watching the news and keeping abreast of what goes on in the world, it's that you can never truly know somebody.......not even your spouse. Even the nicest, kindest, sweetest most personable people can have a very dark side. Also when people in a community express shock and disbelief over a tragedy or murder in their community, stating "things like that just don't happen here" I always shake my head. People can snap, due to mental illness, festering rage or the desire for revenge, or for monetary gain.......or to stop someone from taking something/someone important to them (like in the case of a divorce....taking material things, or custody of children). Never say never. Murder and evil know no boundaries........ethnicity, socioeconomic status, race, color, gender, role, relationship, religion, etc.

Truer words were never spoken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. My youngest is 13 so maybe I'm out of the loop, but would a 22-month old really still be in a rear-facing car seat? I can't imagine it, but maybe it's just because my kids are exceptionally tall, lol. Their knees would have been up by their ears!

Mine is 16...tall too! I can't imagine it either!

I've noticed the same blind, sheep mentality among two people posting comments. It's rather interesting how people blindly donate money without knowing if the tot was killed by his parents. Good luck getting a refund.

I know! Don't any of these people stop for a minute and consider that in order for a father in this situation to be arrested and charged with what he's been charged with, LE must have had a crapload of solid evidence that they'd have presented to the District Attorney, and the DA then decides if it's valid enough for charges to be pressed. Charges are not pressed willy-nilly. There has to be strong grounds for doing so.[modsnip], IMO. I can perhaps better understand family members being in denial and siding with their loved one...but complete strangers or those who know this guy ONLY from work/church/as a neighbor/a friend from college? Give me a break.

I respect you, Layzee, but I disagree. There are people all of us know - for SURE - wouldn't harm their children or disappear on purpose or kill their spouse, etc.

I will grant you, there are people who will wrongly SAY "that person would never do this" but they're wrong. Some people are just wrong.

But I think most of us could come up with a list of people who wouldn't disappear OR hurt anyone, and we'd all be right.

Lol - i agree and some kids legs are just way to long to sit that way. I think it is age, weight and height. I think once they meet a certain criteria they can sit facing forward. It changed right after my daughter turned one and I had already turned her forward facing so I never expireemced. I suppose with number 2 in will have to. Not sure that its a law but more of a suggestion and suppose to be safer.

Where are you reading this? In haven't seen any reports about a press conference or reports other than the "evidence that shows Ross knew Cooper was left in the car"

Local reporters on Twitter

I know! Don't any of these people stop for a minute and consider that in order for a father in this situation to be arrested and charged with what he's been charged with, LE must have had a crapload of solid evidence that they'd have presented to the District Attorney, and the DA then decides if it's valid enough for charges to be pressed. Charges are not pressed willy-nilly. There has to be strong grounds for doing so. [modsnip], IMO. I can perhaps better understand family members being in denial and siding with their loved one...but complete strangers or those who know this guy ONLY from work/church/as a neighbor/a friend from college? Give me a break.

The ones who donate think this is an ordinary hot-car accident and LE is being overzealous.

LE: We have evidence that this was not an accident
[modsnip]: A murder charge for an accident! Hasn't he suffered enough? Here's $20!

Complete, utter denial.

I respect you, Layzee, but I disagree. There are people all of us know - for SURE - wouldn't harm their children or disappear on purpose or kill their spouse, etc.

I will grant you, there are people who will wrongly SAY "that person would never do this" but they're wrong. Some people are just wrong.

But I think most of us could come up with a list of people who wouldn't disappear OR hurt anyone, and we'd all be right.

I'm sure he was on his wife's list.

If there is anything I've learned here on this forum and in personal life experiences it is to
never ever say" Never"!

There is a whole movement out there for what is termed ERF extended rear facing. I've seen people with kids up to age four still rear facing. It's considered inherently safer, than forward facing. I don't have kids but I interact with lots of moms online.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Confession...I forward faced my own from day one. ( he was three weeks old when I got him)
I* needed to be able to see him. I was driving a Lincoln Navigator at the time and felt very very safe. Right or wrong, for my own peace of mind, that's the way it had to be. He had reflux and I was terrified he would choke

I know! Don't any of these people stop for a minute and consider that in order for a father in this situation to be arrested and charged with what he's been charged with, LE must have had a crapload of solid evidence that they'd have presented to the District Attorney, and the DA then decides if it's valid enough for charges to be pressed. Charges are not pressed willy-nilly. There has to be strong grounds for doing so. A bunch of naive sheep, IMO. I can perhaps better understand family members being in denial and siding with their loved one...but complete strangers or those who know this guy ONLY from work/church/as a neighbor/a friend from college? Give me a break.

Normally I wouldn't bother playing devil's advocate in this thread, but I'm fresh off this case, which I really hope people will click, because it needs eyes and posts:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA-mark Weiner wrongfully convicted, denied remedy

This man has been convicted on the basis of one flaky witness (who was trying to get attention from her boyfriend) and zero physical evidence. He needs help badly.

I suppose I'll just say that, in the absence of the physical evidence (yet), it's not necessary, IMHO, to call strangers naive sheep for having different opinions.

(I do suspect the evidence exists, but I also know no named source has said so yet.)

Personally I pulled up the petition the day it was started but never signed it. I didn't feel I had enough information so decided to wait. I still don't feel I have enough information and find myself on the fence. I do feel that petition was started by his family but people signing it were going of emotion for a man they felt and still might feel was arrested quickly and the only information provided at the time was he left the child in the car accidentally and was being charged with murder. I'm sure there will be many who signed and donated funds questioning if the did the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli