GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is probably no way to prove intention. I think they drop it, because they can't prove. Whomever the computer search proves that he new some point after the fact and did nothing. That would be why they have the murder charge and the reduced charge. IMO, definitely not an expert!!!

No way, imo. They'd take a run at it with that evidence for sure imo.

So for me the questions are: What day did he do the search and was little man already dying when dad left him in the AM?

Words fail.

That's just bizarre. An IT guy would search that on his work computer then carry it out on his child? If true, not only does he deserve the dp, but a big 'ol Darwin award to go with it!

Being an IT guy, he might have thought he knew how to erase searches. I think people don't realize how savvy forensic computer LE are.

I'm also confused as to why people who feel he could have forgotten in the time it took him to drive to work but not in the time it took to get to work from Chicfila? Because its a short distance? What if he was on the phone or Internet while parked before pulling out? I guess I'm just not seeing proof beyond a reasonable doubt of intent. I still think manslaughter is a more appropriate charge based on what information they have released so far. Just my opinion...

Bolded by me.

They do not have to prove intent at all. The intent of the actor is only in question with a 1st degree cruelty charge. Here is the language of the statute with regard to 1st and 2nd degree cruelty to children:

Georgia Code - Crimes and Offenses - Title 16, Section 16-5-70

(a) A parent, guardian, or other person supervising the welfare of or having immediate charge or custody of a child under the age of 18 commits the offense of cruelty to children in the first degree when such person willfully deprives the child of necessary sustenance to the extent that the child́s health or well-being is jeopardized.

(b) Any person commits the offense of cruelty to children in the first degree when such person maliciously causes a child under the age of 18 cruel or excessive physical or mental pain.

(c) Any person commits the offense of cruelty to children in the second degree when such person with criminal negligence causes a child under the age of 18 cruel or excessive physical or mental pain.

The key difference between the two is intent. There is no intent with a 2nd degree cruelty charge. The state must prove he was criminally negligent in leaving the child in car. In Georgia, our case law defines criminal negligence in several ways, however, it requires a reckless disregard of consequences or the willful or wanton disregard for the rights and/or safety of others and reasonable foresight that injury would probably result.

The cruelty charge is still a felony which allows the felony murder charge to remain in place. IMO.

I think they will alter the charges personally. imho.

No way, imo. They'd take a run at it with that evidence for sure imo.

No way to which? If they can't prove it was premeditated, how can they keep a charge that includes premeditation?

Look, I want this guy to be locked in a car and experience the pain he inflicted on his son. However, LE can only charge what they have the basis to charge for.

Does anyone know what side of the car the baby was on?
It seems odd to me that they stopped and had breakfast, getting out of the car and going into the Chick-fil-a I presume, then he put him back into the car when they left and forgot about him. How close was the chick-fil-a to the Home Depot?
Then he walks out to the car at lunch and doesn't notice him. If he got to work at 9 ish, what time would he have gone to lunch? Any chance the baby was still alive and fussing, could he have heard him when he went there at lunch?
What would make the dad think the baby was choking? Obviously, the baby wasn't making any noises? Something just doesn't seem to add up.

So for me the questions are: What day did he do the search and was little man already dying when dad left him in the AM?

Words fail.

Exactly. Did he do it after lunch.. when he realized he left him in the car?

Or was it done days in advance.. planning?

:(

Being an IT guy, he might have thought he knew how to erase searches. I think people don't realize how savvy forensic computer LE are.
He probably" forgot" to erase it.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

No way to which? If they can't prove it was premeditated, how can they keep a charge that includes premeditation?

Look, I want this guy to be locked in a car and experience the pain he inflicted on his son. However, LE can only charge what they have the basis to charge for.

I meant no way they wouldn't charge intent with a prior computer search like that imo

Does anyone know what side of the car the baby was on?
It seems odd to me that they stopped and had breakfast, getting out of the car and going into the Chick-fil-a I presume, then he put him back into the car when they left and forgot about him. How close was the chick-fil-a to the Home Depot?
Then he walks out to the car at lunch and doesn't notice him. If he got to work at 9 ish, what time would he have gone to lunch? Any chance the baby was still alive and fussing, could he have heard him when he went there at lunch?
What would make the dad think the baby was choking? Obviously, the baby wasn't making any noises? Something just doesn't seem to add up.

The articles state the boy was latched in the middle. The chicfila is a 3-5 minute drive, traffic depending. I think by 12:00 the boy was likely dead. It was already in the nineties at noon, and it only takes an outside temp in the 70's for a car to be over 100 on the inside. If he were alive, I do not believe he would be able to cry and fuss.

And oh my god, that tore me apart to type that.

I meant no way they wouldn't charge intent with a prior computer search like that imo

I think the timing of the search is key. If it's late in the day, it would be impossible to prove that he planned it from the beginning. It would be argued it was a reactionary search, and not a premeditated one.

If it were searched days before, the charge would not have been reduced IMO

I think the timing of the search is key. If it's late in the day, it would be impossible to prove that he planned it from the beginning. It would be argued it was a reactionary search, and not a premeditated one.

If it were searched days before, the charge would not have been reduced IMO

Yes. And I only see one article reporting it from WREG and it doesn't say when the search was performed. I didn't read the whole warrant. Is it in there. Strange if it isn't. jmo

Breaking!!! Work computer used to look up how long it takes to
Kill an animal in a car!!!! This was on Fox5 noon news broadcast

I'm shocked!! Apparently this info was tweeted by Randy Travis Fox 5 i team

Oh, that is just sickening! Not very smart for an IT guy, either, to Google something like that at work. Why would anyone kill their precious 22 month old baby? I just don't get it. From the pictures, this baby was especially sweet and smiley. So sad...

They wanted to buy a house so dad had to find a way. Was there life insurance on Cooper?

My opinion only

That's just bizarre. An IT guy would search that on his work computer then carry it out on his child? If true, not only does he deserve the dp, but a big 'ol Darwin award to go with it!
RSABBM

No kidding.
Anything you post on the web stays there unless the host of a site erases pics, posts, etc. He should have known this.

Just better I don't say any more right now. Speechless and nauseated.

Rest in gentle peace, Cooper.
You are with the angels now, little guy --- but you deserved life as much as the one adult who didn't protect you !!! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo