GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wanted to buy a house so dad had to find a way. Was there life insurance on Cooper?
RSBM

That's an angle the authorities should definitely be checking.
This is just unreal.
Cooper was a beautiful child !!!

I think the timing of the search is key. If it's late in the day, it would be impossible to prove that he planned it from the beginning. It would be argued it was a reactionary search, and not a premeditated one.

If it were searched days before, the charge would not have been reduced IMO

But what parent, after discovering at noon that they'd made a horrible mistake, reacts like that? No reaction in the parking lot or even opening the back door to touch your child. Then going back into your office and searching how long it took your child (who you accidentally killed) to die?

That doesn't make sense. Sadly, intent to murder does but it's very difficult to wrap your brain around.

They wanted to buy a house so dad had to find a way. Was there life insurance on Cooper?

My opinion only

Wanting to buy a house isn't a motive IMO. Totally normal desire for a young couple just starting a family.

It would have to be something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think he was covering something up.
moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Does anyone know what side of the car the baby was on?
It seems odd to me that they stopped and had breakfast, getting out of the car and going into the Chick-fil-a I presume, then he put him back into the car when they left and forgot about him. How close was the chick-fil-a to the Home Depot?
Then he walks out to the car at lunch and doesn't notice him. If he got to work at 9 ish, what time would he have gone to lunch? Any chance the baby was still alive and fussing, could he have heard him when he went there at lunch?
What would make the dad think the baby was choking? Obviously, the baby wasn't making any noises? Something just doesn't seem to add up.

May I ask where you received this new info? Catching up. Thanks in advance!

The articles state the boy was latched in the middle. The chicfila is a 3-5 minute drive, traffic depending. I think by 12:00 the boy was likely dead. It was already in the nineties at noon, and it only takes an outside temp in the 70's for a car to be over 100 on the inside. If he were alive, I do not believe he would be able to cry and fuss.

And oh my god, that tore me apart to type that.

Thanks.
How in the world did he not notice him if he was in the middle? Don't you look back when you pull out of parking spaces?? How did he forget him in the span of 3-5 minutes. He left with the baby, knew he had the baby and forgot him in that short of time. It blows my mind that he would have honestly forgot about the baby.

Wanting to buy a house isn't a motive IMO. Totally normal desire for a young couple just starting a family.

It's motive if you don't have the money and have insurance on the child.

Thanks.
How in the world did he not notice him if he was in the middle? Don't you look back when you pull out of parking spaces?? How did he forget him in the span of 3-5 minutes. He left with the baby, knew he had the baby and forgot him in that short of time. It blows my mind that he would have honestly forgot about the baby.

I just wanted to clarify. It's a 3-5 MILE drive. I'm not sure how I mixed that up, sorry!!!

Oh, that is just sickening! Not very smart for an IT guy, either, to Google something like that at work. Why would anyone kill their precious 22 month old baby? I just don't get it. From the pictures, this baby was especially sweet and smiley. So sad...

Father may be a psychopath or wanted to get rid of his responsibilities as a father because he couldn't handle it and/or has a new mistress that doesn't know he is married with a child. It's bizarre no matter what.

Randy Travis on now. Search history on how long it takes an to animal die in hot car. Didn't say when search was done.

Newscast, most info. we know except a couple of points:

-Harris insisted he forgot son was in back seat in 3.6 mile drive to work
-Police searching for motive, have not come up with solid motive so far
-Source would not say when search on computer was done
-Police examining evidence to prove wasn't accidental/or accidental

Breaking!!! Work computer used to look up how long it takes to
Kill an animal in a car!!!! This was on Fox5 noon news broadcast

I'm shocked!! Apparently this info was tweeted by Randy Travis Fox 5 i team
Oh dear God. :banghead:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/cops-cobb-toddlers-death-investigation-continues-t/ngRfn/
UPDATE: An updated arrest warrant offers new details into the death of a 22-month old toddler. Justin Ross Harris stopped at Chik-fil-A for breakfast and then put his son back in a car seat and the two drove to Harris’ office, according to an arrest warrant obtained Wednesday.

When Harris got to work at a nearby Home Depot corporate office, he left the toddler in the backseat, the warrant states.
“During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver’s side door to place an object into the vehicle,” the warrant states. “Said accused then closed the door and left the car, re-entering his place of business.”
At 4:16 p.m., Harris left work and drove to an Akers Mill Road shopping center, where he stopped and asked for help for the child.

I wonder what the object was?

I agree, and from what I've read the main reason they wanted to buy a house with a yard was for Cooper. Wouldn't make sense to kill the child who was the reason for buying the house, in order to buy the house! Not that murder of a child makes sense, ever - but this doesn't seem a likely motive to me.

Well there ya have why they charged him that night... I'm guessing they probably have more info than that as well.

Yet there will still be people that will say that it's all a coincidence. :banghead:

I agree, and from what I've read the main reason they wanted to buy a house with a yard was for Cooper. Wouldn't make sense to kill the child who was the reason for buying the house, in order to buy the house! Not that murder of a child makes sense, ever - but this doesn't seem a likely motive to me.

Actually, I think it is. If he had hidden debt that his wife doesn't know about, they can't afford a house and he feels the pressure, it causes a rift in a marriage, etc. All of that can cause motive, if there is insurance involved, or there is built up resentment towards the child. It sounds crazy, but people have killed for this before.

What are the most common motives?
Pending divorce and doesn't want to pay child support or doesn't want to allow spouse to have the child...
Drowning in debt?
I don't see a man killing his child to buy he wife a new home.
Children's life insurance policies are usually about what $10,000?
Do kids have to live to a certain age before the policy gives a return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member