GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Did the dad take Cooper to daycare everyday? Did the dad pick him up from daycare everyday? If yes, then not only did he "forget to take him" he forgot to pick him up. I read that mom worked part time and picked him up early. If this is true then she would have already known Cooper wasn't in daycare by 4PM. I worked in a daycare and we always called the parents to find out why the child didn't come that day; sick, out of town, what ever.

If there's a girlfriend in the picture, or a pending divorce, I'll change my belief also.

Let me ask. How many of us do NOT have that search on our computer right now? How many of us also don't have a search on how to fake a child's accidental death, how much poison would kill an adult, how long does rigor mortis take to set in, etc?

I'd say none. Leaving dogs in a hot car has been hugely in the news in the last couple months. Did this search follow a case locally where a dog died in a hot car?

How MANY times have we all had this discussion about how long it takes to die in a hot car? Once a year? Twice a year? Several threads in the summer?

What sometimes looks obvious isn't always. God help any of us if we have a relative die of suspicious circumstances.

During the Casey Anthony trial, I did google 'how to make chlorophyl', but nobody around me has ever died from it. And I did it on a US gov't computer, with no expectation of privacy. If questioned, I will reference the trial.

Let me ask. How many of us do NOT have that search on our computer right now? How many of us also don't have a search on how to fake a child's accidental death, how much poison would kill an adult, how long does rigor mortis take to set in, etc?

Not me.

But if someone I know dies of arsenic poisoning this week, I'm screwed. There's been a number of Forensic Files cases on it recently and I got curious.

jmo
When police searched his computer and found he had searched for time it takes for animal to die in hot car, it must have been a recent search history.
He was arrested with in 5 hours, so I'd have to say the search was very recent. Whether before or after child's death, it still seems premeditated to me.
Also JMO, the dad doesn't look thrilled in the few pictures I have seen of he and Cooper. Maybe he wasn't a big smiley guy to begin with.
I wonder what football teams he was high a school football ref for?
Kinda sounds like a man that didn't want the responsibility and liked to "play".

Who knows!

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Question: Did the dad take Cooper to daycare everyday? Did the dad pick him up from daycare everyday? If yes, then not only did he "forget to take him" he forgot to pick him up. I read that mom worked part time and picked him up early. If this is true then she would have already known Cooper wasn't in daycare by 4PM. I worked in a daycare and we always called the parents to find out why the child didn't come that day; sick, out of town, what ever.

Good point...

If the child was usually taken to child care...

did one or the other of the parents email a note to say the child would NOT be at child care that day.... Or give a reason?

:waitasec:

When did he do that computer search, do you know?

I'm not LE.

Let's just be honest and rational here, okay? If he had made the search months before, it would not support a murder charge. I know what you are getting at, "We don't know when he made the search yet, so we don't know if it's related." They got the murder warrant based on that office. A search at any other time wouldn't have mattered.

When did he do that computer search, do you know?

The local Fox reporter, Randy Travis, who broke this information stated on the air that the source (a police official who requested to remain anonymous) would not confirm when the search took place.

This is Randy's current facebook status.
Randy Travis FOX 5
about an hour ago
Cobb law enforcement source: evidence on Ross Harris' work computer someone searched for how long it takes for animal to die in hot car. Details at 12:30 on Fox5 News.
https://www.facebook.com/RandyTravisFOX5

I've looked up laws on dog & child safety in cars. Whether it's legal to break windows to save the child or animal not how long does it take. That's just way too coincidental and creepy. Especially on the same day what are the odds of that happening? one in a million or more?
BBM. I have done that. I saw a puppy in a parked car at a local grocery store and it was 90 degrees outside. I called 911, got my flashlight out of my car and smashed the window. (furthest away from the pup). He was extremely lethargic and close to death. I wasn't waiting for anyone.

LE had the store page the owner of the car (license plate) and when he came outside he wanted ME charged with vandalism. LE laughed and cuffed him.

The pup was saved and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

If there's a girlfriend in the picture, or a pending divorce, I'll change my belief also.

I'd say none. Leaving dogs in a hot car has been hugely in the news in the last couple months. Did this search follow a case locally where a dog died in a hot car?

How MANY times have we all had this discussion about how long it takes to die in a hot car? Once a year? Twice a year? Several threads in the summer?

What sometimes looks obvious isn't always. God help any of us if we have a relative die of suspicious circumstances.

I can honestly say none of these searches would be on my computer. What makes the computer search more ominous is that his son died in a hot car - because he "forgot" him.

I've looked up laws on dog & child safety in cars. Whether it's legal to break windows to save the child or animal not how long does it take. That's just way too coincidental and creepy. Especially on the same day what are the odds of that happening? one in a million or more?

Same here ex.
I've researched how long it takes for someone to drown...( Laci Peterson :( ) How many drunk drivers kill innocent people each year but NOT how long it takes for a dog to die in a car!

I believe this guy is a real sumbit*ch who likely didn't want a child at all or who had a girlfriend and his child was in the way.
In sadness and honesty this is just as heartbreaking for me as Caylee A's murder. :tears::eek:verreaction:

I'm not LE.

Let's just be honest and rational here, okay? If he had made the search mohts before, it would not support a murder charge. I know what you are getting at, "We don't know when he made the search yet, so we don't know if it relates." They got the murder warrant based on that office. A search at any other time wouldn't have mattered.

That statement wasn't in the murder charging document. The fact that he went to his car at noon was.

Harris' search concerning dogs and death in cars didn't appear anywhere in the charging document, did it?

It came to light with a reporter's tweet. And a statement that they don't know when the search was performed.

If this was the flag that tipped them off, it would have been in the charging document, I would suspect, while we're being rational about this.

I'm not LE.

Let's just be honest and rational here, okay? If he had made the search mohts before, it would not support a murder charge. I know what you are getting at, "We don't know when he made the search yet, so we don't know if it relates." They got the murder warrant based on that office. A search at any other time wouldn't have mattered.
Next it will be that nobody can prove it was HIM that made the search. Or that LE is framing him.

Shoot! I shouldn't give anyone ideas. :D

Oh my god.

I'm typically very sympathetic to the parents who have forgotten their children and had these horrible outcomes. I have read the literature, it happens across all socio-economic groups, men and women, and they are absolutely devasted, to the last one. I can't imagine it happening, but then, neither could they once. I am typically absolutely against charging those folks in true accidents of forgetting - because I do not see how the punishment serves any type of good, makes any restitution, satisfies any "justice".

But this... This ******er looked up how long it takes? and then checked during lunch and still left him there?

If this is all true... then this guy is the most *advertiser censored**ing hideous excuse for a human being, ever. To plan and deliberately leave a tiny child like that to BAKE to death??!!!!

OMG I can't even deal with thinking about that. :furious:

It was just on the news here is SC last week, what to do if you see a child or animal in a car on a hot day. They said if it appears to be life threatening, break the window, if not, call LE.

A child just died here a few weeks ago in Hartsville.

Next it will be that nobody can prove it was HIM that made the search. Or that LE is framing him.

Shoot! I shouldn't give anyone ideas. :D

Well, for my part, I'd believe a search on his computer was a search he performed.

I don't think LE can search on a computer and do that after the fact and make it appear in the history as if it were done before his arrest.

I would just be VERY very curious what other searches surrounded that one, and when the search was done.

I've been in these discussions on dog boards for years, literally, even involving conversations with other posters about parking our cars in the hot sun and checking by the 1/2 hour what temperature the interior of the car had reached.

Not to be cruel, but how long does it take with what we know about temps that day? Would the child have likely been passed at lunchtime when he got in the car again? Because the crime is so heinous, no matter what...but if that child was alive when he went to the car....

In the video I posted above about, it states it can take as little as 15 minutes for the child to begin experiencing life threatening injuries to their brain and kidneys. At 104 degrees organs begin to fail and at 107 degrees the child dies. If it's 82 degrees outside, it's around 109 inside the car. At 91 degrees outside, the inside of the car is 115 or higher.

I'm sickened, literally got nauseated when I read there was a search on pet time to die in hot car.

It's been reported many times on MSM that the first responders were already getting a vibe that the story wasn't ringing true.

For those of you who are first responders or similar, and the fact we can't judge the man on his "God, what have I done" grief because everyone's instant horror/grief is different, What would you consider something that would be odd to make you feel the original story was not sitting right?

First responders said it was Dad's first reactions and telling of the story that lead up to the death that made them feel something wasn't right.
So I'm thinking first responders (EMS?) told LE what they felt?
Then LE did...... what? Immediately get search warrant for work computer and work area?

Sorry for the questions.....I don't know what is protocol for a child's death like this.
And a lot of questions because I just can't wrap my mind around this tragedy....I just can't. My brain just doesn't want to believe that a loving dad (according to all that know him) would take his little son to breakfast FIRST, and then, minutes later park his car, leaving son inside and walk away. I just can't.

That statement wasn't in the murder charging document. The fact that he went to his car at noon was.

Harris' search concerning dogs and death in cars didn't appear anywhere in the charging document, did it?

It came to light with a reporter's tweet. And a statement that they don't know when the search was performed.

If this was the flag that tipped them off, it would have been in the charging document, I would suspect, while we're being rational about this.

We have not seen the warrant for the OFFICE. It would be in that warrant.

[modsnip]

In the video I posted above about, it states it can take as little as 15 minutes for the child to begin experiencing life threatening injuries to their brain and kidneys. At 104 degrees organs begin to fail and at 107 degrees the child dies. If it's 82 degrees outside, it's around 109 inside the car. At 91 degrees outside, the inside of the car is 115 or higher.

Yes. And children strapped in car seats are even more at risk, because they are basically wrapped in a tight blanket where they can't cool their bodies like someone who was free to move about the car is. So a healthy older child could survive a lot longer due to not being swaddled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo