GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What really stood out to me from this article:

"Eyewitnesses declared they saw Harris speed into the Cobb County Akers Mill Square shopping center and slam his vehicle to a stop while he overlapped two lanes of traffic."

I find it so hard to believe he could get into his car and not know his child was in the back seat. It looks more like he staged his stop to be in a location where there would be lots of witnesses. It would have been more believable to me if he had called 911 from his workplace parking lot.

Also, not to be graphic, would there not be a smell just opening in the car door? That's a lot of hours in high heat. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.cobbme.com/home.html

Or, just search his name (Brian Frist) and "Cobb county" for all the recent articles on him.
I am glad that he is taking his time and discussing with the PD.
If he comes back with "accident" charges will be dropped. I don't care one way or the other, I just want it to be accurate. accurate not exactly his specialty.
Brian Frist got it right with Lynn Turner. That was the second man she had killed...

March 3, 1995: Glenn Turner, 31, is discovered dead in bed by his wife. A Cobb medical examiner rules he died from an irregular heartbeat.

June 27, 2002: Cobb medical examiner Dr. Brian Frist rules Glenn Turner's death a homicide.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/lynn-turners-death-still-leaves-questions-scars/nQjqq/

What I don't know is if he was the ME in 1995. At any rate I believe the lab calculated the level of antifeeze by a decimal point. Which was a big mistake!

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Brian Frist got it right with Lynn Turner. That was the second man she had killed...

March 3, 1995: Glenn Turner, 31, is discovered dead in bed by his wife. A Cobb medical examiner rules he died from an irregular heartbeat.

June 27, 2002: Cobb medical examiner Dr. Brian Frist rules Glenn Turner's death a homicide.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/lynn-turners-death-still-leaves-questions-scars/nQjqq/

What I don't know is if he was the ME in 1995. At any rate I believe the lab calculated the level of antifeeze by a decimal point. Which was a big mistake!

He was the orig ME and they have to exume the body after she killed someone else the same way.
http://nebula.wsimg.com/14068971934...0B76DD6CCC4C746E2&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

But pending tox reports don't necessarily have to delay a COD determination either. If the COD is very clearly due to an injury or trauma to the body (eg: cerebral hemorrhage due to blunt force trauma to head, etc), then the ME can still state this even of tox results pending.

Exactly my point.

Yes, I considered the fact that it probably wasn't a web search slip up, but you never know. The ME could have had a preliminary look at the boy within an hour, and may have seen an issue with the time line. I know this for a fact - not many MEs have made mistakes like he has and kept their job.

SOP for the ME would be a preliminary look ASAP, and then an autopsy the next day. Remember , he completely botched one autopsy on a child the same age as this one. Said it was "undetermined". The parents murdered a second child 8 weeks later. In that case, he did not do a thorough investigation.

I hope he has learned his lesson.

Yes, I considered the fact that it probably wasn't a web search slip up, but you never know. The ME could have had a preliminary look at the boy within an hour, and may have seen an issue with the time line. I know this for a fact - not many MEs have made mistakes like he has and kept their job.

SOP for the ME would be a preliminary look ASAP, and then an autopsy the next day. Remember , he completely botched one autopsy on a child the same age as this one. Said it was "undetermined". The parents murdered a second child 8 weeks later. In that case, he did not do a thorough investigation.

In all three botched reports ( that we know of) were all criminal cases and all 3 resulted in the death of another person. Crazy! Not sure how he is still employed

From WSB TV. Cooper Harris funeral will be Saturday in Alabama.
Evidence found at Home Depot Corporate does not match what they were told at the scene.
There is reason to believe that Harris stopped or interacted with someone prior to stopping at Akers Mill.

Surely there will be an MSM report. This is not a direct quote.

I too had this thought. His "what did I do" squarely puts the blame on him.

One thing I'm wondering. If he's faking, when he came out of work why not do the "big reveal" right there? Why drive away and stop at a new location?

There's a lot of reasons that "later" the cops would arrest him. Like them finding benadryl in the kids system. Or finding out he checked the back of the car. Or him searching the internet. Or cell phone records that reveal he ignored calls from the day care.

But they slapped the cuffs on him right then and there. So I'm thinking there must have been something he said or something in the child's body that just proved him wrong instantly.

There's also not been much evidence revealed by the police but they seem adamant he's guilty of murder.

So what would show up right on the spot. Rigor mortis and the condition of the body. And also maybe the body smelled of decay and they knew there would be no way he could have gotten in the car and not noticed it.

IMO, if he's faking the scenario and covering for himself/his wife (and therefore child was deceased prior to being put into vehicle/carseat but was staging it to appear the sad case of a Dad who accidentally forgot child in hot vehicle all day), his statement of "what have I done" means little. Him stating that doesn't change the fact that there could be a cover-up on his part...I'd fully expect him to say this, in keeping with the "OMG how did I forget my child in my vehicle all day!?!" ?act.

If this was all staged and child deceased prior, my guess is that he made the 'discovery' where he did vs parking lot at work so that he'd have witnesses as to his horrific discovery and being so shocked and distraught.

I find it odd that he reportedly got out of his vehicle, ran into fast food restaurant and screamed for someone to call 911. Why wouldn't he have his own cell phone to call?.......who doesn't carry a cell phone these days? To me, IMO, he did this all for dramatic effect. Again, just my opinion.

Also wondering.....if child wasn't dropped off at daycare as per usual, would it be usual practice for daycare to contact parents/legal guardians of such a child to find out if everything okay? And if so, would they not have called both him and his wife to inquire, you'd think much earlier in the day, such that the child's whereabouts would have been discovered much sooner?

Also, I'm assuming the wife must work...........otherwise if she was a stay at home Mom you'd think child wouldn't go to daycare, right?

Has it been confirmed that they had only one son or 2? I've heard Cooper and Connor, and that each went to a different daycare - which would be a little odd?

Would Dad not have noticed at least some kind of bad smell upon first entering the vehicle............to immediately cause him to realize child in backseat?.......due to the many hours of heat, possible beginning stages of decomp, etc?

Wonder if couple were having any marital issues.........talk of separating? divorcing? possible custody issues?

From WSB TV. Cooper Harris funeral will be Saturday in Alabama.
Evidence found at Home Depot Corporate does not match what they were told at the scene.
There is reason to believe that Harris stopped or interacted with someone prior to stopping at Akers Mill.

Surely there will be an MSM report. This is not a direct quote.

Ut oh....:(

IMO, if he's faking the scenario and covering for himself/his wife (and therefore child was deceased prior to being put into vehicle/carseat but was staging it to appear the sad case of a Dad who accidentally forgot child in hot vehicle all day), his statement of "what have I done" means little. Him stating that doesn't change the fact that there could be a cover-up on his part...I'd fully expect him to say this, in keeping with the "OMG how did I forget my child in my vehicle all day!?!" ?act.

If this was all staged and child deceased prior, my guess is that he made the 'discovery' where he did vs parking lot at work so that he'd have witnesses as to his horrific discovery and being so shocked and distraught.

I find it odd that he reportedly got out of his vehicle, ran into fast food restaurant and screamed for someone to call 911. Why wouldn't he have his own cell phone to call?.......who doesn't carry a cell phone these days? To me, IMO, he did this all for dramatic effect. Again, just my opinion.

Also wondering.....if child wasn't dropped off at daycare as per usual, would it be usual practice for daycare to contact parents/legal guardians of such a child to find out if everything okay? And if so, would they not have called both him and his wife to inquire, you'd think much earlier in the day, such that the child's whereabouts would have been discovered much sooner?

Also, I'm assuming the wife must work...........otherwise if she was a stay at home Mom you'd think child wouldn't go to daycare, right?

Has it been confirmed that they had only one son or 2? I've heard Cooper and Connor, and that each went to a different daycare - which would be a little odd?

Would Dad not have noticed at least some kind of bad smell upon first entering the vehicle............to immediately cause him to realize child in backseat?.......due to the many hours of heat, possible beginning stages of decomp, etc?

Wonder if couple were having any marital issues.........talk of separating? divorcing? possible custody issues?

BBM. To add to that, what kind of IT person doesn't have a cell phone?

It has been confirmed that they had one son. I also think the daycare would have called.

Police leak maybe? I wonder if he was somewhere he wasnt suppose to be so lied about being at work? If that's the case still doesn't prove he knew the kid was in the car all day. Could mean he knew and couldn't call police from there. For example if he was leaving another women's house and realized the baby was in the car he could have freaked out and drove somewhere near his office as not to lose wife and baby in the same day. Still not seeing enough evidence to planning. Hopefully more comes out soon

It has been confirmed that they had one son. I also think the daycare would have called.

Pretty sure a picture of the door open to his car had what looked like white iPhone charge or cord. Will have to find it. Its possible he just ran for help. I would think one would call for then run inside but who knows

I wouldn't want him doing a necropsy on a rat. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A misbehaving app drained my phone battery by lunch time once. Wasn't even an app I was using, it was something that ran in the background. Flat battery is one reason an IT guy couldn't make a call.

I know, and I hope they are wrong. A story unfolded here this morning... a day care had been operating in the home of a convicted sex offender. Turned out, it was a child *advertiser censored* operation. One of the individuals arrested is VERY well known in the area... a tech for a well known local band, plays in the local church band, very active in the church community... every post on Facebook is about his faith in Christ... everyone is SHOCKED and saying the same things I am hearing echoed about this man (Ross). He led the life of a simple Christian man, and he was having sex with children, on tape. We live in a sick world, a world where you truly don't know who you are dealing with on a day to day basis. Like I said, I HOPE that the police are mistaken, and I hope it turns out he didn't do this on purpose, or kill that baby intentionally... I do hope they are wrong.

BBM. Are you referring to the case in Sanford, NC? If so, I started a thread for it earlier today:

NC - Day care and mentoring program a front for Sanford child *advertiser censored* operation - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

not a fan of the unnamed sources, never am. But am interested in what shakes from the trees re this latest scoop. Taking it in with a grain or two of salt.

Police leak maybe? I wonder if he was somewhere he wasnt suppose to be so lied about being at work? If that's the case still doesn't prove he knew the kid was in the car all day. Could mean he knew and couldn't call police from there. For example if he was leaving another women's house and realized the baby was in the car he could have freaked out and drove somewhere near his office as not to lose wife and baby in the same day. Still not seeing enough evidence to planning. Hopefully more comes out soon

Great point if he wasn't where he said he was! LE could have picked up on that real quick. This is my opinion only but if he was doing something deceitful and knew the baby was in the car during that time my feelings will change quickly. Even if time got away from him during the deceit...Just my opinion only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE