GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I wonder whether it's a combo of their tiny bodies, plastic and blanket padding of the seat and the dressing (often overdressing -not suggesting that's you) of infants.
I don't know. My recollection is that she wasn't wearing more than a diaper at the time, but it was 22 years ago, so we didn't have a thermometer in the car so it could have been hotter outside. My exH thought at the time that it was because "babies don't have developed sweat glands," but he was often wrong about things (like buying a new car with no AC!)

Actually, we have no idea if he was in or out of the seat.

He was in a seated position when in rigor mortis. When laid on the ground, his legs remained as if he were still in the carseat. This was stated during the hearing.

Am I supposed to be somehow impressed by it? And it wasn't his bio son, he adopted him from Russia. Russia stopped all adoptions to US largely because of this guy.

Um, what does that have to do with the memory stuff we were talking about? Did you forget what we were talking about in that teeny bit of time?

Waiting for Linda and Lina to catch up :waiting:

I also wonder what tomorrow's search warrants will bring. I'm hoping it's something new and not just the stuff we learned from the hearing.
Thanks! Was just getting caught up when hubby dragged me on a walk with fur daughter.

Can you fake out an audiogram?

It's been awhile since I gave one, but I don't think so. More likely you get false positives (responding to a tone when one wasn't given) than false negatives.

How could I?

Read the article and you will see how it happened to you.

And the defense will show examples just like you did to show how it could have happened to RH.

Night :wave:

It's been awhile since I gave one, but I don't think so. More likely you get false positives (responding to a tone when one wasn't given) than false negatives.

Good. Hopefully they have one that can't be faked for smell too.

Right. But this guy was IN the car and the car was 116'ish. He wasn't anywhere close to dead. He wasn't even in physical distress. He just was uncomfortable and sweaty. The talking heads are saying an hour. Idk the time frame. That's a question I have.

Possibly an adult may have a higher heat tolerance than a toddler. Also do we know how Cooper was dressed that day? Was he wearing a coat in the morning? Where the video was done may also have different humidity than where in Georgia Cooper died. All factors to consider.

My daughter who is 13 is extremely heat sensitive. She's almost passed out at the county fair a couple of times from the heat.

Good. Hopefully they have one that can't be faked for smell too.
They do.
ymazybes.jpg

https://www.inkling.com/read/sapira...h/chapter-12/special-maneuvers-sense-of-smell

He was in a seated position when in rigor mortis. When laid on the ground, his legs remained as if he were still in the carseat. This was stated during the hearing.

Do you have a link for that. Or even who said it. I'm assuming you're saying Stoddard said it. So I just looked at his testimony and am not seeing that. TIA :seeya:

Hmm... I wonder whether it's a combo of their tiny bodies, plastic and blanket padding of the seat and the dressing (often overdressing -not suggesting that's you) of infants.
The plastic parts of the car seat would make it worse IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!