GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense was trying to say the usual scenario is that he takes Cooper to DC first and then he goes to CFA and then to work. Taking Cooper to CFA with him is a special occasion and that when he left CFA, he thought he had already taken him to DC because that is his usual routine.

So who did he think he was buckling up into the car seat (set to the lowest setting) if he taught he already taken Cooper to DC?

Even in Travis Alexander's trial for justice the state didn't question that.

Well, they should have; especially, considering that particular anatomy part belonged to Darryl (her ex) and NOT Travis. UGH! I so hate that it wasn't challenged, so to remove some of the tarnish that <explicit> left on Travis's image. I guess she received a bit of Karma, considering most of us were left puzzled by her female parts (which, btw, should have had their own thread) and now the world knows.

So who did he think he was buckling up into the car seat (set to the lowest setting) if he taught he already taken Cooper to DC?

The defense will say he forgot about the buckling up.

All I can say having grown up in TX and living now in southern AZ is ya gotta have good AC. I just get in and blast the AC and get going. Opening the windows doesn't help me if there is no breeze, I have no patience for it. Having soon to be cold air blowing on me gets me past the initial heat and my truck sits outside all the time. But all this conversation about this topic reiterates that unlike other types of death, a jury will have some idea of how horrible a death this was. And getting a jury to believe the unconscionable, dooming your child to a heat death, will be an uphill battle I'm afraid.
This was on my way to Phoenix via Yuma!

While that might explain why he was using Cooper's old infant car seat, that doesn't explain why the car seat was set at the lowest possible setting (for an infant). Cooper wasn't an infant.
Obviously he was strapped in so tight, he couldn't possibly get out.

i think that this was covered. The lowest strap setting would not have made it harder to get out. Quite the opposite, he would have had more play in the straps. That said, it is near impossible for a child to get their thighs out of a five pt harness, even when their upper torso is freed.

i think that this was covered. The lowest strap setting would not have made it harder to get out. Quite the opposite, he would have had more play in the straps. That said, it is near impossible for a child to get their thighs out of a five pt harness, even when their upper torso is freed.

Am I missing something? How does have straps tight as can be make it easier to get out?

I also live in the desert. My car read 124 degrees today when I got inside. I, too, don't roll the windows down. I wait for the AC to cool the car down. However, there's a big difference in being outside when it's 115-120 degrees and being in a hot, shut car. If I sit in my car for more than a few minutes without the AC on or doors open I start to feel horrible really quickly.

Also, hasn't it been reported that he died close to noon? That's longer than an hour after being in the parking lot.

Right. But this guy was IN the car and the car was 116'ish. He wasn't anywhere close to dead. He wasn't even in physical distress. He just was uncomfortable and sweaty. The talking heads are saying an hour. Idk the time frame. That's a question I have.

I'm surprised at the number of people who think that the loss of your child is punishment enough.

I am one of these people. However I believe there is a difference when there is no intent or malice involve. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could be worse than losing one of my children. I also believe that prison should be about rehabilitating those that can be, and protecting society from those who can't. To me, it serves no purpose to incarcerate someone without willful intent. Grieving parents have more to offer the world on the outside. Telling their stories and coming up with solutions to prevent future instances.

Do we still have a media thread for Cooper now that we have this forum?

I disagree with you, and I grew up in AZ and still visit there often even in summer. This is why: when my daughter was an infant, we were driving in Northern CA and got stuck in a horrible traffic jam on the freeway. Our car had no AC and temps outside were around 100-105. I turned back to look at her and she was beet red and in distress, not even able to really cry (unusual for her!). We adults and even her 4 yr old brother were uncomfortable but she was in immediate danger.

Hmm... I wonder whether it's a combo of their tiny bodies, plastic and blanket padding of the seat and the dressing (often overdressing -not suggesting that's you) of infants.

A poster did a test with her kids and confirmed that there is a lot more play and movement in the straps the further down the back the slots they come out of are. Even when the straps are so tight she couldn't get a pinky under them, her kids could still get their upper torso out. They couldn't get their arms out when the straps were set high, close to their shoulders.

A poster did a test with her kids and confirmed that there is a lot more play and movement in the straps the further down the back the slots they come out of are. Even when the straps are so tight she couldn't get a pinky under them, her kids could still get their upper torso out. They couldn't get their arms out when the straps were set high, close to their shoulders.

Well, I don't know what poster did or didn't do, but it doesn't look like Cooper could get anything out. And it certainly looks like he tried. He had many scratches on him.

Well, I don't know what poster did or didn't do, but it doesn't look like Cooper could get anything out. And it certainly looks like he tried. He had many scratches on him.

Actually, we have no idea if he was in or out of the seat.

Can you fake out an audiogram?
A hearing screen like at the dmv, yes.
They do newborn hearing screens now with
Otoacoustic Emissions.
If those results are questioned then an ABR can be done.
Auditory Brainstem Response

Thanks. Googled that location and there are plenty of spots to back into that would have "woods" on one side. I would love to hear if the police watched previous days' surveillance to see if this was a habit of his to back into a parking space, or not.

Do we know if JRH could see his vehicle, from the window of his office? I'm wondering how he could keep himself from checking if any activity was going on, around his car, throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!