GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, yes. I presumed the death since we were talking about this case.

eta: and also because there's no "murder" unless someone dies. Maybe I missed your point? :seeya:

I just wanted to make it clear that 2nd degree child cruelty alone doesn't automatically make someone guilty of 2nd degree murder (unless someone dies during the commission of the 2nd degree child cruelty).

In your previous post, you stated: "The new law says that if you are guilty of 2nd degree child cruelty you are guilty of second degree murder", which isn't what the statute states.

I understand what you meant now, but it could cause confusion in the thread if someone were to read that particular portion of your post without understanding how the law is written or how it's applied.

Thanks for clearing it up, though. :)

I also put this in the "small details" section for later, but thought y'all could use this info as part of main discussion now:

Monthly Tuition Rate
Toddler: $816/Monthly

http://child-care-preschool.brighthorizons.com/ga/atlanta/thd/Frequently-Asked-Questions/

As part of LAA’s policy, all families must clock in and out of the LAA kiosk computer every day when dropping off and picking up.

http://child-care-preschool.brighthorizons.com/~/media/BH/Centers/1347/Documents/LAABulletinWeekof77141.ashx

I also put this in the "small details" section for later, but thought y'all could use this info as part of main discussion now:

truthfully -- I had such a bad vibe about JRH from get go -- his is so Mr. Rules -don't- apply- to- Me from my point of view.....thanks for posting this

from the get go Mr. Rules don't apply to me showed his hand

he was late to work (obviously)
sexting at work (obviously)
sets friends up for potential alibi (think about it - if baby hadn't died he ''could have '' possibly used them for cover for his nefarious activities

talk about a nightmare to defend

Wow, that's sort of a big deal that he should have clocked in on a computer when he dropped Cooper off. However, like other people have pointed out he may not have bothered to actually do it, which is why they have to send out reminders!

Yes he saw himself as above reproach. His is haughty and entitled, until he stands for a mug shot, then the poor pitiful me comes out.
He makes my skin crawl!

Imo the difference between dining and inhaling is the lack of chewing.
I am serious. On nice calm days at the office I used to work at, Id call my mom and say, I actually got to chew my food at lunch today! It rarely happened.
[emoji487][emoji488][emoji489][emoji514][emoji507][emoji509]
some of that stuff hurts when you don't chew it! ;)
moo

A parent must also walk the child into the classroom and deal with the classroom transition tracking sheet. He "forgot" all this, including the special parking area, the kiosk with pin number? um- NO

A parent must also walk the child into the classroom and the classroom transition tracking sheet? He "forgot" all this, including the special parking area? um- NO

I never thought he forgot C.
IMO this was all premeditated.

my meagre understanding is that the new law did not have a retroactive clause yet so does not apply to this case

Well I do believe that the state will ask for the DP if they believe they have enough evidence to win.

So based on that I am sure they will charge appropriately. We might not be sure about how the law works but I have confidence that the DA researched it and if the DP seems within reach the charges will ensure the DP is on the table.

I can't quite imagine an average juror understanding all of these legal distinctions...when some jurors are still saying things like "he didn't prove himself innocent" after a conviction (one of the Ryan W. trials in Ohio)...but jmo

That is when she is wearing her professional hat and only applies to what she sees as a healthcare worker. Not what she sees when she is wearing her mom or civilian hat.
Mandatory reporters don't get to remove their hat, that's part of being a mandatory reporter.

No one "dines" at chik-fil-a...or with toddlers for that matter. Just sayin' :)

Actually, you can "dine in." CFA has what they call drawf houses. Half the restaurant is their traditional fast food and the other half is like a traditional sit in restaurant. They come take your order and bring it to you. I think the menu is slightly different too.

Actually, you can "dine in." CFA has what they call drawf houses. Half the restaurant is their traditional fast food and the other half is like a traditional sit in restaurant. They come take your order and bring it to you. I think the menu is slightly different too.

Interesting - I haven't seen it around here like that (at least the South side of town). Nevertheless, CFA is a money-printing machine with lines all around it at lunch. At the drive thru, employees say things like "how may I serve you" and "my pleasure" instead of grunts, etc. frequently experienced at other fast food places. Not surprised they'd take it up another notch in the right markets.

I can't quite imagine an average juror understanding all of these legal distinctions...when some jurors are still saying things like "he didn't prove himself innocent" after a conviction (one of the Ryan W. trials in Ohio)...but jmo

Don't worry the attorneys will explain it to the jury in words they can understand during closing arguments (i.e. "if the glove don't fit you must acquit!")

Interesting - I haven't seen it around here like that (at least the South side of town). Nevertheless, CFA is a money-printing machine with lines all around it at lunch. At the drive thru, employees say things like "how may I serve you" and "my pleasure" instead of grunts, etc. frequently experienced at other fast food places. Not surprised they'd take it up another notch in the right markets.

I believe the Dwarf House was one of the original restaurants. And yes CFA takes it up a knotch, during the holidays corporate answers the phone with "Merry Christmas!" and before transfering they say "Have a Merry Christmas!" lol...just in case you missed it the first time.

I had a chance to visit their corp offices a while back (I am in sales) and they are very nice indeed, on the bad side of town but they have a fenced parking lot with a guard at the entrance, if you don't have an appointment and you are not on the list you aren't even getting into their parking lot! Huge well appointed buildings and instead of offering visitors coffee they have a full drink fountain so visitors can have soda, sweet tea, etc... It was really fun visiting their corporate offices.

Not to mention their cow print limousines that always make me laugh whenever I see one.

I am not sure how to say this without sounding like a total witch, but I can't help myself.... Sorry. I have just scanned this most recent thread and there is a LOT of confusing and incorrect explanations of the various laws that may impact this case. My head is spinning and I'm an attorney. I can't imagine how confused others may be who have no legal training, especially some who have offered explanations.... [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time