GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is bringing up bad memories for me of my now ex who took our toddler to wash his precious BMW one hot, humid summer day. He was gone for a long time. I kept checking out the front door for him but he was not around. I pictured him driving around so I wasn't that worried. He was her father. However, when I went out the back door to throw out some trash I saw him parked in the back lot polishing his car slowly and methodically. I hollared over to him asking him where our daughter was and he motioned inside the car. The windows were shut up tight, the car was not running. I ran over, opened the door and she was covered in sweat, skin very pink, sleepy. It was as hot as an oven inside. I was furious with him. Now I am realizing how deliberate his actions were and should point out that he had a $100,000 life insurance policy on her that was supposed to be her college fund. It tripled in case of accidental death.

O...M...G that's horrific! If you hadn't checked your child would be dead. I'm guessing he already cashed in the insurance policy?

Post #154 in the media thread. Reads as follows: Jodie Fleischer ‏@jodiewsb 3m
Crim defense atty Lawrence Zimmerman confirms he's representing Leanna Harris, wife of dad who left toddler in hot car #wsbtv #HotCarDeath

If you click on the #HotCarDeath link there are comments from a Ben someone that was a family friend. Interesting.

He claims to be RHs best friend.

The above post is my opinion only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many of you have ever fake-texted or fake-called to avoid making actual contact with a real person in your immediate vicinity?

Today, in fact, on Ponce outside of the Fox Theatre. I just couldn't deal with Homeless Joe today. I did give him 12 cents and a cigarette as he thought I was the phone passing by.

<sigh>

<mod snip>

I did not know that LH had retained an attorney today. "Crim defense atty Lawrence Zimmerman confirms he's representing Leanna Harris". Was this posted earlier?

This case is bringing up bad memories for me of my now ex who took our toddler to wash his precious BMW one hot, humid summer day. He was gone for a long time. I kept checking out the front door for him but he was not around. I pictured him driving around so I wasn't that worried. He was her father. However, when I went out the back door to throw out some trash I saw him parked in the back lot polishing his car slowly and methodically. I hollared over to him asking him where our daughter was and he motioned inside the car. The windows were shut up tight, the car was not running. I ran over, opened the door and she was covered in sweat, skin very pink, sleepy. It was as hot as an oven inside. I was furious with him. Now I am realizing how deliberate his actions were and should point out that he had a $100,000 life insurance policy on her that was supposed to be her college fund. It tripled in case of accidental death.

Oh my gosh!! Please tell me this jerk lost custody of your sweet little one. That is terrifying!

Today, in fact, on Ponce outside of the Fox Theatre. I just couldn't deal with Homeless Joe today. I did give him 12 cents and a cigarette as he thought I was the phone passing by.

<sigh>

I used to usher at the Fox. I was on a wait list for months before I was called. Strictly volunteer. I also lived on Ponce in a loft. I gave money quite often to the street people and honestly, you sort of get to know them.

I would often get food to go from the Jamaican restaurant across the street (forget the name) and order extra for the homeless and hungry that gathered around the Fox. I never thought of myself as a sucker. Just a neighbor.

Also, I never thought it was easy to be nasty in ATL, but maybe that is a personal choice. I loved Atlanta. I miss it.

I did not know that LH had retained an attorney today. "Crim defense atty Lawrence Zimmerman confirms he's representing Leanna Harris". Was this posted earlier?
This afternoon

O...M...G that's horrific! If you hadn't checked your child would be dead. I'm guessing he already cashed in the insurance policy?

When we divorced the judge yelled at him for having it. I have no idea if he still has it. She is 16 now, but that blows my mind. I had chalked it up to him being oblivious, but now thinking back on it....he would have been looking at her the whole time, polishing away. This makes me so upset. You are right, had I not gone out the back door, she would have died right there. I wonder how many people think like this?

Slighty off-topic, but my sister and her husband have left their children (6 months and 3 years at the time) in their car seats in the car when it was parked.

Difference here being that it was a pleasant spring day, all the windows were open, there was a cool breeze, and the adults were right there in the car monitoring the kids every second! One adult keeping an eye on each child! They'd fallen asleep in the car and had been having trouble napping and were tired, and since it wasn't at all hot in the car they decided to let them sleep a bit.

Obviously this is much different as each child had its own adult for supervision, who were also in the car, but also monitoring the kids as they slept in case they got more overheated than the adults, part of the car seat got hot to the touch, etc. That's really the only circumstances under which kids should be left in their car seats in parked cars!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/HotCarDeath?src=hash

Ben McRea&#8207;@Ben_McRea·3 hrs
It hurts seeing pictures of Ross and Leanna on TV knowing I took those even. #HotCarDeath

#HotCarDeath am ashamed I ever knew Ross Harris it makes me vomit to see his face now. I loved you like family man. How did you get so sick

I don't care how mad Ross' s mom gets at me. I am ashamed I was your friend now even. I hope you get what you deserve Ross.

I imagine there will be many more such text as people hear about the atrocious murder the guy committed.

I think he's been on tv here before. Maybe during the sneiderman trial. Not as an attorney but as commentator.

Yes June 27 different last name. Thank you!

Slighty off-topic, but my sister and her husband have left their children (6 months and 3 years at the time) in their car seats in the car when it was parked.

Difference here being that it was a pleasant spring day, all the windows were open, there was a cool breeze, and the adults were right there in the car monitoring the kids every second! One adult keeping an eye on each child! They'd fallen asleep in the car and had been having trouble napping and were tired, and since it wasn't at all hot in the car they decided to let them sleep a bit.

Obviously this is much different as each child had its own adult for supervision, who were also in the car, but also monitoring the kids as they slept in case they got more overheated than the adults, part of the car seat got hot to the touch, etc. That's really the only circumstances under which kids should be left in their car seats in parked cards!

But they were never "left" in the car. That's the difference.

:naughty:

Can we please stay ON TOPIC and STOP the snarky comments.

You know who you are.

TIA
fran

When I find myself contorting myself into a pretzel to dismiss piece after piece after piece of circumstantial evidence...there comes a time when ENOUGH is ENOUGH.
He is not the unluckiest man on the face of the
planet.
He's guilty. There is no other explanation for ALL of these elements to come together in such a way that his child just so happens to DIE in his car, that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:star1: I seriously want to use your post as my siggy line.............seriously.

I think I am lost. Who is this person and how is he related to Cooper? I have read all the threads so I'm not lazy. Just confused.

Go to the next to the last post in the media thread. Click on #HotCarDeath. It's all there.

Okay. I thought we couldn't sleuth anyone but named suspects/perps.

Forgive my newbie-ness. Just off the required TOS reading. Sorry!!!!

:star1: I seriously want to use your post as my siggy line.............seriously.

We were just talking about this in our house tonight. When something bad happens, we usually joke about who's fault it is. Sometimes, we can take it back 20 year or more who's fault it is that the glass broke, or who wet the floor to make it weak, or ect. It's a joke!

We as a family are relieving stress, not pointing blame. It's a fun way for all of us to understand, "crap" happens.

Cooper's death isn't the same situation. IMO

ETA.. Was meaning to quote the post you quoted... sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr