GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure his attorney is turning over every rock he can find to explain away what the state has provided. The smell is a tough one to get around if there is no proof, anyone ever known him to have no sense of smell? Even so, he poked his head in at lunch time and would have seen him in the seat. I wish they would put a pic up of this particular vehicle type with that specific carseat in the middle of the seat so we can see exactly what he could see. I am sure the state will do that during the trial.

Exactly, it's a rare condition and you can't just have his friends get on the stand and claim he had a bad sense of smell. In general, a lack of a sense of smell is just one symptom of a more serious condition!

Okay kjpaw, I admit to being wrong. Even my husband, born and raised in Atlanta, seems to see a difference between T-town and his hometown. But I'll correct him as well. Atlanta and Tuscaloosa are identical. There's no interesting questions to ask about why RH started his online sexting or trolling profiles after working in Atlanta on his internship.

I won't mention the city Atlanta again because I don't want to hurt it's feelings. And I know you won't mention it again either, given the "zero relevance". :truce:

:). Spend some time here and then tell me what you don't like about it and I'll guarantee traffic will go way above any sleaze factor. Of course downtown atlanta is no Tuscaloosa (RH didn't live in downtown btw he lived in Marietta which is bit like Tuscaloosa, have you been to downtown Marietta, you'd be surprised). Nor does atlanta mirror any small town USA anywhere. As I said it has it's issues as any big city does. But it is also not the center of depravity you described. I apologize to you and ws for going on about it, but I'm a 34 year native here and while I'm more than prepared for any criticism of my city, I'm not prepared for the world to think it's the second sin city based on billboards. RH was who he was before he crossed our city limits. And I believe he would have done the same thing in Tuscaloosa. That's all I was saying. Generalizations are dangerous and hurtful (example... I don't believe Alabama fans hate trees just bc an Alabama fan killed a bunch of trees at Auburn) and I feel they should be handed out when you have a true experience beyond billboards and news headlines. But I accept your truce and hope you come and spend some time here one day to find out for yourself. I'd even be happy to show you the city's best :).

Bottom line...if RH did this, it's all about RH, not his hometown, not Bama, and definitely not atlanta.

AGAIN.

Sorry to digress. I'm just SO sick of this in the news once/twice a day. I actually went parking-lot walking today. :(

What is interesting to me is most of the stories lately the parents knowingly left their children in a hot vehicle while they shopped! It makes me think, if the parents had come out and found her dead would they have then claimed they "forgot"? How often are people leaving their children on purpose while they get a nap or shop. Then they come out and find their baby dead and claim they forgot!

I have a close friend who has social anxiety and is BP. She really opened my eyes about how good the internet can be for people who like her who need limited, predictable human contact. She's one of the kindest, most beautiful people I know.

And I love your quote, Roxye.

Bless you and thank you! Yes, the internet is an amazing outlet for people who are afflicted with our disorders!

I am sure his attorney is turning over every rock he can find to explain away what the state has provided. The smell is a tough one to get around if there is no proof, anyone ever known him to have no sense of smell? Even so, he poked his head in at lunch time and would have seen him in the seat. I wish they would put a pic up of this particular vehicle type with that specific carseat in the middle of the seat so we can see exactly what he could see. I am sure the state will do that during the trial.

I haven't been able to find exactly what caused RH to stop the car and check on Cooper. If it wasn't the smell then what was it? Did he suddenly remember? What caused him to tell LH he dreaded what Cooper would look like? Maybe I missed something in the probable cause hearing or in msm. I guess it'll come out in the trial.

I haven't been able to find exactly what caused RH to stop the car and check on Cooper. If it wasn't the smell then what was it? Did he suddenly remember? What caused him to tell LH he dreaded what Cooper would look like? Maybe I missed something in the probable cause hearing or in msm. I guess it'll come out in the trial.

He said he noticed Cooper when he was either moving into the right lane or turning right. I can't remember exactly which, but it had to do with looking to the right and nothing to do with smell according to Stoddard at the PCH

Agreed that the men who want call girls find them anywhere. Also agree that RH would have gotten in trouble in other places as well (though not likely Vatican City).

HOWEVER, Atlanta makes it easy to get nasty. I have to cover my kids' eyes when we drive through Atlanta to visit my in-laws sometimes, and my son has asked me why all the women on billboards in Atlanta look like they have balloons in their shirts. That led to an awesome conversation about breast implants in which my son asked, "Wait a minute- women have their *advertiser censored* sliced open and stuffed so they can look good? Isn't that, like, self-mutilation or something?" (Sigh.)

If you live there, you might not notice it so much. It becomes part of the landscape. But it still takes me by surprise when we visit. I mean, even the highway billboards are caliente.

So, kjpaw, Atlanta and RH's hometown are different environments. One is a small town and the other is booming metropolis. Atlanta is well-known for its "pleasures"- and it tends to be a hot spot for bachelor parties because, well, the burgers are good?

Originally, it was Sodom, Gomorrah, & Atlanta. But that was wordy and didn't roll off the tongue as well.

We actually have billboards that say, "Warning, Nastiness Ahead!" as you enter the perimeter from 75, 85, & 20.

Not for nothing, but when I was growing up, I found it faaaaar easier to get "nasty" in Athens. And, with 30,000 undergrads, Tuscaloosa was probably the same for RH.

Atlanta makes it easy to get nasty.... I... just... smfh. And, by the way, A LOT of people think this is a great place to raise their kids. And we are doing a good job of it too, even if you have to cover your kids eyes while driving through.

I thought it was because he looked over his right shoulder?

I will have to watch the hearing again, but I could swear I remember hearing or reading that!

~bbm I think that was the point. They ain't comin' for the burgers ;)

Lol, I got the point but if she'd said they don't come for Varsity hot dogs, well that would've really gotten under my skin :). My point is RH was who he was before he got here and he doesn't even live in atlanta! Let his hometown take responsibility for his actions if it's a city's fault :)!

He said he noticed Cooper when he was either moving into the right lane or turning right. I can't remember exactly which, but it had to do with looking to the right and nothing to do with smell according to Stoddard at the PCH

Which was something he did while he was driving to work and while he backed up into his parking space that morning with an alive and awake, alert two year old sitting right there in the same spot!!!!!

Okay kjpaw, I admit to being wrong. Even my husband, born and raised in Atlanta, seems to see a difference between T-town and his hometown. But I'll correct him as well. Atlanta and Tuscaloosa are identical. There's no interesting questions to ask about why RH started his online sexting or trolling profiles after working in Atlanta on his internship.

I won't mention the city Atlanta again because I don't want to hurt it's feelings. And I know you won't mention it again either, given the "zero relevance". :truce:

Do you have a link to support your assertion he did not engage in sexting prior to moving to Atlanta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally, it was Sodom, Gomorrah, & Atlanta. But that was wordy and didn't roll off the tongue as well.

We actually have billboards that say, "Warning, Nastiness Ahead!" as you enter the perimeter from 75, 85, & 20.

Not for nothing, but when I was growing up, I found it faaaaar easier to get "nasty" in Athens. And, with 30,000 undergrads, Tuscaloosa was probably the same for RH.

Atlanta makes it easy to get nasty.... I... just... smfh. And, by the way, A LOT of people think this is a great place to raise their kids. And we are doing a good job of it too, even if you have to cover your kids eyes while driving through.

And speaking of billboards....I would love to see a campaign to ban these forms of advertisements that are specifically designed to distract drivers!!! They are ugly too.

Thank you for that! So he actually saw Cooper. I watched the hearing live but missed the first half hour. I'll go back and watch that portion. I didn't realize how much I may have missed.
:tyou:

Which was something he did while he was driving to work and while he backed up into his parking space that morning with an alive and awake, alert two year old sitting right there in the same spot!!!!!

Yes, I think that was the State's major point ;) Still...nothing to do with that horrific smell.

Lol, I got the point but if she'd said they don't come for Varsity hot dogs, well that would've really gotten under my skin :). My point is RH was who he was before he got here and he doesn't even live in atlanta! Let his hometown take responsibility for his actions if it's a city's fault :)!
he's sure got a lot more supporters back home in Alabama than Atlanta

Wait, wait, wait.... you really think RH didn't start texting and trolling until he moved to Atlanta?

Hahahhahaha....
Oh, crap, my side is cramping....
Ok, whew....
Hahahahahahs

Oh good grief. There's a link in the media thread to an opinion piece published today. The article is basically, IMO, a self-righteous admonishment based on the idea that since the author's parents left some matches and smokes sitting around in 1957, and the author caught herself on fire, but her parents didn't mean for her to catch herself on fire, then we all need to just stop being judgemental about Ross Harris because people forget stuff like putting up their cigarettes.

I know I'm not the only Websleuth to encounter someone who feels the need to lecture you about a case but usually doesn't have the basic knowledge of the actual case. And clearly, this case won't have a shortage of 15-minute famers.

For those of you fortunate enough never to have to bury a child, insurance claims must be filed by the primary holder and much of the money goes to cover the cost of funeral and burial. If RH was the primary holder, he would have to give instructions to family members on how to file for funeral money. Since RH did not attend the funeral, he was obviously not involved in its organization or financial logistics. Of all the bits of information and evidence, this is the LEAST relevant and suspicious.

More interesting is the question of why LH is protecting RH. It's almost as if she feels sorry for him.

The Homer Fund, through Home Depot, paid for Cooper's funeral

IIRC, RH said he noticed Cooper when looking over his right shoulder to change to the right lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME