GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It's a bible thing, basically saying that if your spouse is not on board with everything you demand or require, that you are not as good with God as they are. So you are not evenly "yoked".

So oppressive. So gross. And the story in so many different religions.
This is why I was married by a Federal Judge. No thanks. :moo:

And I decided I was NOT chattel. Hence, the end of my marriage. And I have never been happier.

Absolutely! You are not chattel, and you are not someone else's property who cannot think for herself or is incapable of self-determination and equality in a partnership.

But really, I wonder if LH isn't so immersed in that oppressive culture, like I was, that she would defend the blubbery cheater who was the "boss" of her, because her family told her that her discontent was HER moral weakness and not that of her husband. I promise you, it happens all of the time.

I have contemplated this from the beginning with her. The minute she called him her "leader" at Cooper's funeral and made the service all about him as he was sitting in jail for murder, red flags were everywhere for me.

Still, I believe she is complicit and guilty as sin. Just trying to throw some light on the fundie mentality. I lived (through) it.

I do too, just wonder , like you wonder, what her motivations were. Religious driven Loyalty to him and her marriage and Rank and file submissiveness? Terror of divorce? How it would look to her church and family? She certainly put up with a lot of deceit from him in her marriage. It was said early on that she knew of his transgressions and had apparently been living with it. I believe that is very possible. And you are so right...it happens constantly.

BBM

I do too, just wonder , like you wonder, what her motivations were. Loyalty to him and her marriage? Rank and file submissiveness? Terror of divorce? How it would look to her church and family? She certainly put up with a lot of deceit from him in her marriage. It was said early on that she knew of his transgressions and had apparently been living with it. I believe that is very possible. And you are so right...it happens constantly.

BBM

We only have the accused murderers word that she knew he had previously cheated on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG!! Do you think JRH ate Justin Beiber? :what:

I gotta say,I may hate him less if this were the case........
:floorlaugh:

You know how people say that you owe them a new monitor because they laughed so hard they spit what they were drinking all over the place?

Well...yeah. That.

We only have the accused murderers word that she knew he had previously cheated on her.

Thank you......this is one of those things ((there are several more )) that have bothered me.....HE told a nubile young thing that he was texting that his wife knew and had forgiven him......(like that is what a free pass? and hints that she would forgive him again) -- I believe it was his bragging once again.........

SO Lynn Balfour thinks RH reaction to finding Cooper dead in the car was normal.

That's ALL I'm going to say about that :rolleyes:

And yes, I have read that detailed article about parents who forget their children are in cars, and I know exactly who she is

ETA: they just showed a clip with her on Dr, Drew
She is the one who continued to drive her car after her baby died in it because it was a perfectly fine car or something like that.

LOL Dr Drew had a video of one of Ross` friends saying he was a good father because he spent time with his son. He said `Ross, Justin, whatever you want to call him...``and started sort of laughing at that. Which leads me to wonder....why does he go by both names so often? This is weird to me too. JMO

Lol, I saw that too. Wow, they musta been the closest of pals. :facepalm:

For me, one big piece of evidence I have a hard time understanding is how he could buckle his child in, drive 30-40 seconds to a light, and in the space of those few seconds forget about dropping him off and turn the other way toward work. It just seems unbelievable to me.

However, I myself have forgotten things (not a baby!) in the space of just a few seconds. More than once I have gone into a room to get something, and immediately forgotten what I intended to get. Or, I'll start to say something to someone, and immediately forget what I had meant to say. I know these things happen to other people, too; I've heard them describe it. So I have to imagine it's a reasonably common phenomenon.

But forgetting a baby? Surely forgetting something so important in that short a time should be different than forgetting that you went into the bathroom to get some tweezers, right?

OMG!! Do you think JRH ate Justin Beiber? :what:

I gotta say,I may hate him less if this were the case........

Wait... does that mean we can send Justin Bieber Harris to Canada, eh?

Wonder why they chose to marry in a park and not a church ((search engine down can't find the engagement announcement that someone posted pointing out that ''odd bit''))

This makes me wonder when if this ''yoking'' thing occurred.......she was bright accomplished kid who probably felt sorry for JRH and took him on as a fixer upper (JMO)......so don't know where the follow the leader thing changed leadership ..... there must have a been a definite point of change.....((this is one of those odd bits that's puzzled me))

If that's the role you'll be playing, ( devils advocate) I'll be scrolling!
Thank you for the heads up.

lol, feel free. I'm not here to make you feel uncomfortable. I was under the impression this was a board to discuss the evidence.

Well it's definitely very atlanta traffic dependent :). All of my inlaws live there and it can be about a 25 minute drive no rush hour (AND no big events downtown which I admit is rare) drive. But I agree the planets have to be aligned to really be able to get anywhere in atlanta in that time. They were close to 285 and 400 so now that they've taken the tolls down on 400 it's much quicker. For those of us who live outside the perimeter (I 285 that circles the city is what we call the perimeter for non Atlantans, and which is where RH lived) we just assume it's going to take 45 to 60 minutes to get anywhere downtown.

What was this in reply too?

It really depends. Buckhead to May-retta can take upwards of an hour, even on a Saturday morning. I have driven it many times as I lived in Midtown and in Buckhead and my sister lived in Marietta. Even my BFF who lived in Smyrna was a good 30 minute drive at times.

Atlanta traffic is awful.

Well it's definitely very atlanta traffic dependent :). All of my inlaws live there and it can be about a 25 minute drive no rush hour (AND no big events downtown which I admit is rare) drive. But I agree the planets have to be aligned to really be able to get anywhere in atlanta in that time. They were close to 285 and 400 so now that they've taken the tolls down on 400 it's much quicker. For those of us who live outside the perimeter (I 285 that circles the city is what we call the perimeter for non Atlantans, and which is where RH lived) we just assume it's going to take 45 to 60 minutes to get anywhere downtown. It's 13 miles from their house to Houston's and right now google maps say 25 minutes and even with atlanta traffic "Google knows" in my experience.

Interesting that he's not wearing his wedding ring in that picture either.

They did some digging and found that in all of his social media photos with Leanne, he is wearing his ring. In the potty selfies that he posted on some "extracurricular" sites his wedding ring is missing.

For me, one big piece of evidence I have a hard time understanding is how he could buckle his child in, drive 30-40 seconds to a light, and in the space of those few seconds forget about dropping him off and turn the other way toward work. It just seems unbelievable to me.

However, I myself have forgotten things (not a baby!) in the space of just a few seconds. More than once I have gone into a room to get something, and immediately forgotten what I intended to get. Or, I'll start to say something to someone, and immediately forget what I had meant to say. I know these things happen to other people, too; I've heard them describe it. So I have to imagine it's a reasonably common phenomenon.

But forgetting a baby? Surely forgetting something so important in that short a time should be different than forgetting that you went into the bathroom to get some tweezers, right?

I don't know if brains work that way, to be able to determine what can be forgotten and what can't, or in how short a period. People are doing a million things at a time. I have to believe some of these parents truly forgot. My problems come more from some of the weird remarks/behaviors afterward, as well as the internet searches before.

I am thinking she's on stress leave -- probably has short term disability coverage at work.

Yeah, I can't see her working right now. I was surprised she was back at their home in the video. Maybe there to pick up clothes etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme