GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering the same thing. Exactly what does "taking over the finances" mean? Putting the bills on auto pay? Not wanting your spouse or SO to tell you how much money you couldn't spend? Most banking accounts can be seen online between the account holders. Did he secrete money away in a hidden bank account? Perhaps I am taking that statement out of context, but I fail to understand the importance of the finance statement. Help!

To me it's making sure the bills get paid before spending on frivolous discretionary spending. Perhaps he was taking money out of the account for his own use that had nothing to do with maintaining the household.

Have heard so many times it is money not affairs that lead to disharmony and breakups.

But WHY kill the child?? Why not give him away or drop him off at the fire station? And why kill him in the most torturous way?? Men who don't wanna be married anymore will normally just walk away. Not kill their kid.

The above post is my opinion only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropping a toddler off at a fire station would get you arrested for a felony I believe! GA's Safe Haven law only applies to newborns 7 days or younger.

LH may have felt Cooper was better off in Heaven than in this "cruel world" and she was doing him a favor by letting his father kill him.

I think we would all agree that this will be a high-profile trial...But do you think that it will be bigger if it happens in the summer months instead of the winter months? Even just slightly? I keep seeing posts and comments saying that people think about Cooper when they get in their car...do you think that there would be less "relating" if it was 20 degrees outside and snowing? And do you think the prosecution will try to get the trial to happen during the summer, while the defense will try for the winter, incase it has any impact on the jury?

if prosecution waits, they may lose a client - not too sure if JRH will last in custody ......

but seriously you have a good point....doesn't the grand jury have to occur within next 60 days ??

from there it's heading towards thanksgiving and beyond for sure....

Dropping a toddler off at a fire station would get you arrested for a felony I believe! GA's Safe Haven law only applies to newborns 7 days or younger.

LH may have felt Cooper was better off in Heaven than in this "cruel world" and she was doing him a favor by letting his father kill him.

The irony is that the cruelest part of his little world was his dad killing him in this way.

No, I don't. I think that people need to find their own way. Just like Sharon Rocha stood by Scott Peterson. I can not fault someone for wanting so badly to believe that someone is not the worst of the worst. I don't want to believe it. If she has had her awakening, Then that is good enough.
At least for me.

I just want to point this out again... LH is NOT the one quoted in the People article. That is her friend who is talking about being angry with RH.:)

But WHY kill the child?? Why not give him away or drop him off at the fire station? And why kill him in the most torturous way?? Men who don't wanna be married anymore will normally just walk away. Not kill their kid.

If he divorced LH and little Cooper was alive, big daddy would have to pay child support and likely need to visit his child. sorry excuse to kill imoo.

I'm curious as to why Leanna suddenly let him control their money? Was she doing anything to hold onto him? Anyone who thinks running up thousands on a credit card for a few air miles is some sound financial strategy is not exactly a financial genius.

Why the sudden change, after all these years? Was this around the time she also changed her mind about having another child? Was he making all the decisions suddenly?

Another thing that strikes me odd is the aura of self-righteous antagonism almost from the moment that Cooper was found. Why was RH lashing out at the police? Wouldn't most of us be so furious at ourselves, so devastated, so glad for any help from any source? Even in court, he just looks peeved, put upon. It's as if what is happening TO HIM is more important than what happened to his Baby. His reactions and hers just seem so....inappropriate. No one seems to be grieving...they are both just....ticked off.

I agree. I don't trust people who are unable or unwilling to be angry with themselves after doing something horrible, selfish, regrettable, whatever. I beat myself up for little things every day. I simply don't understand people who never look within and are always looking elsewhere to place blame. It's so dysfunctional and scary.

if prosecution waits, they may lose a client - not too sure if JRH will last in custody ......

but seriously you have a good point....doesn't the grand jury have to occur within next 60 days ??

from there it's heading towards thanksgiving and beyond for sure....

I know the judge sets the date for the trial, but it usually gets delayed. I wonder if each side will use delays and then stop using them to get the trial during a certain time. I feel like the defense will be more likely to do this. Or would they just argue w/ the judge that the trial should not be set during the summer b/c it will prejudice the jury?

Please provide a link. I am happy to say I was wrong.

Um, you pulled it up yourself! He doesn't say it was 6 inches behind the seats. He says it was 6 inches for
JRH. There's a big difference!

Commenting again but, am I hearing this right? 5 days before the death of his child, JH watched a video (twice, I might add) about animals locked in cars dying, he's apparently so fearful about forgetting his own child, he sees this horrific video but doesn't come up with any ideas to prevent such a horrific thing from happening? I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
A little too late, dontcha think?

:seeya: That comment was made by Leanna's friend not LH.

I find the NBC news article (by the 'former?friend') to be the most informative news article yet.

The pic' of Ross in his car creeps me out.

I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt: You'd think someone who's an obvious s@xt'ing addict (6 women, photos of e_ _ _t p_ _ _ _ __) would be excited to get to work to start his day s@xting (which probably involved a lot of stops in the bathroom to take pics' of himself). It seems his kid would not be high on his list of mental priorities.

BUT I'm wondering about his 2 views of that veterinarian video, and wondering if he told Leanna he was scared he might forget their child sometime.....

I will be interested to see that video of Ross messing around with his cell phone when he stops in the parking lot cuz' someone walks by....

I also wonder, if he did do this, did he cover up his son and cover his mouth even? He wouldn't want anyone casually to notice the child or to hear the child..... ?

I also want to see the video of Leanna and her "Did you say too much?" line at the jail.

If Ross did do it, I wonder why he would tell the police, 'F _ _ _ you?" - - that's seems like an avoidable suspicion-raiser if you are guilty. ???

When I watched a clip of the video of the court appearance again, tho', I was taken with a sense that the police strongly believe/know? Ross is guilty of this terrible crime, and the way they were sitting and standing kinda' "around" Leanna had me wonder if they were trying to give her a sense of intimidation.

If I were to go visit my hubby in the jail after that court appearance (where the police said I'd said "Did you blab?"), I would talk to my hubby in code. But, then, I remember, I just learned at court of 6 women my hubby is daily s@xting with??? I think as a doormat wife I myself would go 'stand by my man' and go to the jail to show my support.

I read that we can expect a court trial in this case.... If the police have only 'scratched the surface', omgosh I wonder what the heck else they will have to share???

And Another Thing: That selfie next to........................a urinal ??? omg................ jmo:thinking:

I've thought about this in so many of these cases where a parent is overwhelmed or disenchanted by their children. Why don't they just drop them off ? With a relative , with the fire station, etc? I think the problem is ''' what would people think of me ? if I did that. What would my parents, my friends, etc. think if I'm the parent who ditched my kid because I couldn't handle it ? What would society think of the ' loser parent' that would make me for dropping them off and saying its' too much and I want to be free of kids,etc?'' I would think that would be even MORE the thinking in a married couple like this situation. They're not homeless or teenagers or drug addicts or single or any of the things that puts a parent at a 'disadvantage' , so what would their friends say if they just up and said ' we're not cut out for parenting, so we're going to adopt out little Cooper '? Because of course that is an option but very few go that route except at birth and I cannot help but think the peer opinion of them is the reason. Plus, in a case like this, the overwhelming outpouring of love and concern and grief from their peers may have seemed like a real benefit. They get to be childless again and still have the respect of their friends and family and at an even greater level now , since they would be the couple who lost their only child in a ' horrific accident' .
Funny thing is, even though their friends may have lost respect for them , they would probably still be their friends in some capacity, if they had given him up for adoption or sent him to live with some Aunt in Nebraska. This one, no one is getting over.

Just wondered if Ross factored in birth control at all in any of his many attempts to hook up with strangers. Surely he would want to be 100% to not father another child since they cramped his style, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow