GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Now, when you spoke with the defendant, what did he say about actually speaking to somebody on the phone?

STODDARD: He stated he had not gotten anybody on the phone.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Have you reviewed preliminarily his phone logs.

STODDARD: I have.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What did those reflect?

STODDARD: They reflected the phone calls.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: What was the first?

STODDARD: The first phone call was to Leanna. It looked like it was a missed phone call. The second phone call was to the Home Depot corporate center, their main number. And there was a third phone number to the Home Depot corporate center and it appeared that this phone number went through and on his records it said six minutes worth of conversation.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Were you able to track back to where that would have gone to, this call to the Home Depot center?

STODDARD: We did.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And where would that be?

STODDARD: Toddler room five at little apron's academy where Cooper attended school.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: So you have phone records suggesting he was on the phone for five or six minutes, the officers stating he was talking to somebody on the phone.

STODDARD: Correct.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

bbm

Interesting..... this call may have come right before LH arrived at the daycare. Wonder who answered it? Also wonder if the daycare has CCTV in each room. Would be interesting to see her actions when she supposedly realized the baby wasn't there.

Meanwhile, a friend of Leanna's tells PEOPLE that her initial shock has been replaced by anger.

"I believe in forgiveness," she said. "And I believe in finding the best in people. I loved that family. But when I close my eyes, I think of Cooper in that car and I get furious. I don't care if it was an accident or on purpose, I am so angry at Ross that I can hardly see straight."

http://www.people.com/article/justin-ross-harris-fired

That's good. It sounds like she's progressing nicely past the denial phase and into the anger phase of grief. I feel bad for her, no matter how she comes across. I just can't see motive for her to be involved in this, not with what we know at this phase anyway. Especially since she had to go through fertility treatment just to get pregnant, and seems to genuinely smile in her pics with her son (as opposed to Ross' forced smile). She also worked in child care and apparently loved children. I'm just not seeing why she'd be involved.

That's the reaction of a friend of LH, not LH herself.

You said it; normally. Killers usually don't act rational. Plus I figure this way he thought he'd be looked upon as a victim as well. He couldn't just give up the child. Why humane reason would he give that wouldn't make people look at him like he was horrible? He has the means to care for the child, the child has grandparents, he couldn't give him a way.

And I think this was just a handy way to kill Cooper. He figured people would believe it was accident.

I think you hit the nail on the head. For a narcissist, the worst thing to happen would be to lose face. They are very concerned with how others see them. They will go to great lengths to NOT lose face.

Meanwhile, a friend of Leanna's tells PEOPLE that her initial shock has been replaced by anger.

"I believe in forgiveness," she said. "And I believe in finding the best in people. I loved that family. But when I close my eyes, I think of Cooper in that car and I get furious. I don't care if it was an accident or on purpose, I am so angry at Ross that I can hardly see straight."

http://www.people.com/article/justin-ross-harris-fired

A little too late, dontcha think?

I agree. Also, every single time I look up at your avatar I laugh out loud. It cracks me up everytime.
I so too. I work in a psych/detox center....it amuses me to no end. The pic....not necessarily my job lol

"He said Harris was the kind of guy who couldn't stand to "have a hair out of place." He said he was late to his own wedding because he had to pull over to get hairspray."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ho...-dad-he-was-ferris-bueller-tuscaloosa-n153156

So meticulous, yet forgot his child in the car? It doesn't add up to me. Sounds like he liked to have everything under control, and when he lost it, it all went downhill.

If he did deny LH the visit, I would also think this was a control/ fear tactic.

But WHY kill the child?? Why not give him away or drop him off at the fire station? And why kill him in the most torturous way?? Men who don't wanna be married anymore will normally just walk away. Not kill their kid.

The above post is my opinion only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the million dollar question, but some people do because they are not 'normal' to begin with.

Usually Narcissists and Sociopaths that no longer want their children (or even spouses and families) for whatever reasons. They kill them in a manner that would look like an accident, therefore making them look like a victim of circumstance as well. They want sympathy and they want to maintain their image rather than give up a child or get a divorce. It happens constantly. Men kill their wives like this all of the time and vice versa. Parents kill their children the same way, rather than look like a cad or an abandoner.....they create a scenario where they look like a victim when really they are murderers. They do this not only to get away with it but to illicit sympathy from others in the process, and to move on with their lives the way they want too and without judgement from others.

Susan Smith, Diana Downs, Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, Ross Harris......

It's not a new phenomenon. Sickening isn't it?

some how I lost the in reply to off that post .

Any how.

The child free pages or searches to me do not point to premeditation for murder .

The video of the vet in the baking car and the death pages point to premeditation for murder.

bbm
For me it possibly points to pre meditated murder because he had a child and wanted to be child less. That site likely fed his child less desire.

I think you hit the nail on the head. For a narcissist, the worst thing to happen would be to lose face. They are very concerned with how others see them. They will go to great lengths to NOT lose face.

Yep! Exactly right. And for the tears on display at court I think it was the exact same thing - he was crying thinking about how all of his friends would be judging him now that his sexting leaked out at trial. He was thinking how they'd all be talking about him with dismay. It's the only emotion he had or displayed - all self-serving.

Just curious....can anyone else think of another case with such a huge narcissist who was so unattractive by the majority of people's standards? Usually they are fairly attractive or have at least one or two features that someone might find appealing. He seems out of place among the likes of Ted Bundy, Scott Peterson, Richard Ramirez, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias and even Drew Peterson, although he is clearly every bit as impressed with himself. I'm sorry if this is a rude question but I just can't help but wonder HOW JRH got to be soooo high on himself. ??

David Brown. That dude had several young girls wanting his affections and maaaaan... ewww.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

The preliminary hearing is so damning. The first 20 minutes alone are incredible. Like a minute after strapping Cooper in the car, he forgets about him? Literally a minute later he takes the wrong turn? After kissing him? After they've done this a lot of times before? And the baby was awake, probably making noises, he was visible. I just can't believe that JH actually forgot about him.

I contend innocent people, but are suspects in a crime do need an attorney. They need help understanding the legal system, why things are happening (court proceedings, legal filings, etc). I generally get frustrated w/ defense attorneys but they do have a place in our legal system. IMO they keep the government (LEO and DA) honest, or they should. All sides should be working for the truth, whatever that may be.

It's true. All suspects, actual suspects, need an attorney. But They certainly aren't working for the truth. In fact, that is not their ethical duty. That's the prosecution's ethical duty. The defense has a duty to "zealously represent" their client.

Of course they're not really supposed to lie. But we've seen what they do in various cases, such as Casey Anthony's case, Scott peterson's, etc. Complete and total líes and often disgusting ones.

Sorry if this has been posted already. A local PD made a video of half hour inside a hot car, starring one of their LEO's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx3byghEg2Y&feature=youtu.be

ETA , share this video far and wide and thanks to this guy. He looks absolutely miserable in just 30 minutes and one of the last things he says ( for those not watching ) is ' my body is telling me to get out of this car'. He seems like he was nearly overcome by the heat !

But WHY kill the child?? Why not give him away or drop him off at the fire station? And why kill him in the most torturous way?? Men who don't wanna be married anymore will normally just walk away. Not kill their kid.

The above post is my opinion only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo, it's simple: For these narcissistic killers, appearance is everything. How people view them is seriously important. A dad who abandons his wife and child is a creep. A poor father who lost his son in a horrible but forgive able accident? Much different.

The life of the child, the suffering of the baby, is simply incidental to his own needs and unimportant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE