GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is the one who continued to drive her car after her baby died in it because it was a perfectly fine car or something like that.

I do believe that Lynn Balfour left her son (who coincidentally had the same name as my youngest son) in the car by accident - however, her stoic reaction to it all and her desire to keep driving that car seem strange, to say the least. I chalked it up to military discipline (she worked for the JAG's school). She seems to be a very practical person, maybe to a fault. I was glad to read in a recent article that she has quit her stressful job and become self-employed as a cleaner, which allows her more flexibility with her schedule and time for her 5(!) remaining kids.

Just to observe that video from the parking lot would be fine!

I'm just trying to find out for sure did he back in/reverse into that darn spot or not. For some reason that is the clincher for me.

If he backed in without his arm on the seats (no obstruction of view) Then he could not miss baby Cooper, because that is the way RH claims he noticed him for the first time later that day.

my opinion all that jazz etc., :moo:

I heard that he backed into the space. Then he sat there for 30 seconds. A half a minute. He was saying goodbye? He was deciding if he could do it? He can be seen sitting there, not on the phone, not doing anything for 30 seconds. I think this video, the actual video will be a tough one to watch.

I heard that he backed into the space. Then he sat there for 30 seconds. A half a minute. He was saying goodbye? He was deciding if he could do it? He can be seen sitting there, not on the phone, not doing anything for 30 seconds. I think this video, the actual video will be a tough one to watch.

I would love to see his google search on his phone. Why do I feel that one of the last things he did in the car was check the weather channel for the temperature?

:floorlaugh:

You know how people say that you owe them a new monitor because they laughed so hard they spit what they were drinking all over the place?

Well...yeah. That.

ERMEHGERD!

How much thats gonna cost me?

Take a check? :noooo:

Lynn Balfour struck me as a bit cold and uncaring person. Keeping the car was practical but bizarre.

Could be subconscious decision to wear that t-shirt or didn't have anything else to wear. Very bizarre choice.

If she was wearing today I suspect it shows how she's really feeling ((JMO)) and to her reddit could be ribbit ribbit ribbit

I do believe that Lynn Balfour left her son (who coincidentally had the same name as my youngest son) in the car by accident - however, her stoic reaction to it all and her desire to keep driving that car seem strange, to say the least. I chalked it up to military discipline (she worked for the JAG's school). She seems to be a very practical person, maybe to a fault. I was glad to read in a recent article that she has quit her stressful job and become self-employed as a cleaner, which allows her more flexibility with her schedule and time for her 5(!) remaining kids.

I personally think she left her kid on purpose. She thought she could handle one more and then just didn't feel like starting all over again. I don't see her as this horrible mistake lady. I see her as one of the people I think got away with murder. Her excuse for forgetting the child was yapping on the cell phone for two different busy phone calls.

Watch the video. He clearly turns his head so he can hear out of his left ear.

More NG BS.

Again I hope they really drive home the fact that RH has been deaf in his right ear since BEFORE COOPER WAS BORN!!!! HELLO DA OFFICE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS! This means EVERY SINGLE TIME HE DROVE COOPER SINCE HE WAS BORN he couldn't hear him in the car. Every single time. This was not something new he had to acclimate to.

I have a feeling that once LE is done with all of the computers, phones, etc that the family and friends are going to be wondering if they ever really knew Leanna as well. I don't buy the excuse that Leanna was in a marriage where she did as her husband said because he was the "leader" of the family. I don't buy the excuse that it is a religious thing for them. What I do believe is that she knew about everything Harris was up to (sexting, sex with others, killing Cooper, etc) and was just fine with it because she (IMO) was doing the same things. There are people that are in an "open marriage". They feel it is ok for them to have sex with people other than their spouse. There are some restrictions on it of course, but as long as the rules are followed then no problem for them. I didn't see Leanna get upset about the sexting that Harris was doing, as if she didn't know about it. Instead I saw more of an "oh carp, what happens when they find out what I'VE been doing too?!?!" reaction. I just can't place all of the blame on Harris alone at this point. I have said before, and will continue to say, that Leanna needs (deserves IMO) to be in a matching orange jumpsuit as Harris. Arrested and charges in the murder of Cooper as well.

MOO

IIRC LE suggested that this was ''not your typical marriage'' or something to that effect before the hearing -- I am wondering if there is more to be revealed.....

More NG BS.

Do you really think the "deaf in one ear" defense is a good one? I don't! There are plenty of hearing impaired people who have children, or work with children for their job (I have known some) and it doesn't cause them to forget the kids in their care. Besides, if he was really deaf or hearing impaired in that ear, why does he not wear a hearing aid?

It is common with girls too. My close friends/family call me by my middle name, even putting it on birthday checks so that I have to explain it to the teller when I get them cashed. Others, like friends from my daughter's school, the teachers, anything professional, know me by my first name. The problem is, my nickname is actually only part of my middle name. I have a La in front of my middle name that my mother, dad and family dropped when calling me by my "name". Makes it very confusing. lol

You're not a Rue are you?

Do you really think the "deaf in one ear" defense is a good one? I don't! There are plenty of hearing impaired people who have children, or work with children for their job (I have known some) and it doesn't cause them to forget the kids in their care. Besides, if he was really deaf or hearing impaired in that ear, why does he not wear a hearing aid?

I agree. Heather Whitestone, the first deaf miss America (maybe Miss USA), has kids.

Yeah, it's a funny thing I have about proven liars...I don't believe a single word they say!
When a proven liar is ALSO an alleged murderer .....and that person says something, they need to prove it to me.

I don't just "trust" willy nilly!

Well put! I don't trust RH's willy either. Or his nilly.

Just curious....can anyone else think of another case with such a huge narcissist who was so unattractive by the majority of people's standards? Usually they are fairly attractive or have at least one or two features that someone might find appealing. He seems out of place among the likes of Ted Bundy, Scott Peterson, Richard Ramirez, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias and even Drew Peterson, although he is clearly every bit as impressed with himself. I'm sorry if this is a rude question but I just can't help but wonder HOW JRH got to be soooo high on himself. ??

Yes they did

I should not be responding because I have yet to see NG, and will have to wait for you tube.

But some one from up thread posted that it was not the same type, and another post revealed that it was visually the same.

Not sure how to multiple quote - or I would include them here.

More NG BS.
He turns to acknowledge the person speaking to him just like any other person does. imo

Getting a divorce lawyer is NOT the same thing as getting a lawyer "lawyering up" so that you won't talk to police!!! There are many different types of lawyers. I'm not dissing lawyers, my own brother is one. A criminal defense attorney does not handle divorces.

I have to say something here, and please don't throw things at me! I know there are several here who believe that "lawyering up" automatically means guilt -- or, they insist they would NEVER... I hope you're right, I really do -- I hope you never find yourself laying it all out & later thinking, "Uh oh."

I grew up in a family with LE. I always believed in & trusted LE. I still do, for the most part. I believed so much that I used to think exactly the same way "Oh, they lawyered up -- that MEANS something that is NOT good...." But let me tell you that I've been in a couple situations (and for brevity since this is O/T I won't go into it here) that made me question. One situation in particular was when I was the victim. By the time I got through the questioning, I felt like a criminal -- I had done nothing wrong; I had only reacted differently than these officers felt I should. I laid EVERYTHING on the line -- they went through my whole house and I answered every question honestly... but all it did was give them more "reason to suspect" that I wasn't telling them the truth (????) -- it took circumstances completely outside of my control to get them to realize I was telling them the truth. I know I'm not the only victim to have been made to feel like a suspect, but that's my point, really -- you can have the best intentions, but how is it all being perceived? You see from how diverse all our opinions are here on WS that people see things differently -- and I hope that none of us are ever on the wrong end of that.

The thing is, HUMANS are involved -- some are straight-shooters and want to solve a case with the correct perp, some are ambitious and want closed, convicted cases... you just never know who or what you're dealing with and I learned that firsthand.

I hope that I'm never wrongly accused of something because I don't have the $$$$ to defend myself should I feel the need to do so -- I have to add all the Project Innocence cases currently on the books and it makes me want to research how many of them might not have been convicted if they had access to an atty early on in the case who might have advised them to participate differently..... JMO

Little did I know how much my volunteering with the sex ad-dicks group at church would come back to me while reviewing this case. :facepalm:

One of the things that amazed me is that the preachers and elders always told the wives that a loving wife forgives and supports her "sinning" husband. A big deal was made out of this.

Also, many of the wives believed they were sexually inadequate and that their husbands cheated because they "had let themselves go" after having kids. (Needless to say, it was really disturbing to hear these women blame themselves for what their husbands had chosen to do.)

Point being: "Good wives" stay with their bad husbands no matter what while "bad, worldly wives" leave when the going gets rough.

I'm just curious -- what of the wives who cheated on their husbands? Was this ever addressed, and if so, how?

I disagree. Circumstantial evidence is blood, hair, fiber, DNA. If I'm innocent of a crime, none of that of mine is going to be there.
Guilty people lawyer up, the innocent don't need to!

BBM Please see my comment above regarding guilty/innocent and "lawyering up".

Yes...*IF* you are a good wife.

If there is something else going on, you may want to *appear* as if you're the good wife.

My church folk told me the same thing....I said screw you and I left the cheating pig. God will forgive me :angel:

Absolutely! What are we teaching our young girls? How are they supposed to set examples as mothers by being the consistently hurt, consistently forgiving, consistent "backbone" or "framework" of the family unit? How can it be "ok" to raise your children in an environment in which it's ok to repeatedly teach your child that it's ok for the man to cheat on the woman, and for the woman to be hurt, and for the woman to "buck up" and continue on, trying ever so hard to be an even better wife? What example does that set for the daughters AND the sons?

WHAT? Omg. Can you say "Dark Ages"?! "Good Wife?" Oh PUH-LEASE!

My absolute worst nightmare. It makes me sad for them, makes me want to hug and help empower them to see that they are being oppressed by their community and church.

It truly makes me sick. First as a woman, and as feminist. If anyone ever dared say those words to another woman in front of me, or to me personally, I'd be thrown out on my ear after they heard the verbal lashing that came out of my mouth in response.

It's truly repugnant. A woman is to blame for their husbands inability to stay faithful? Something has to be wrong with her and not him? This oppresses women and infantalizes men, leaving them free and clear for any and all responsibility for their deceitful actions. Further...standing up for herself is not encouraged? :puke: :puke: :puke: If she did the same...she would be all scarlet letter and she would be deemed a Wh**e

Just infuriates me beyond words. What unbelievable NERVE that takes and patriarchal BS that is.

And honestly, I would not be surprised if Leann was "staying" for some of these very reasons.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member