Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder where he was planning on going

You need at least 20,000 miles and it seems like a "come on" as that low amount only gets some fake flight between a couple of cities you would never choose.

So where was he planning to go?? And with whom? And why?

I don't think he was planning on going anywhere. He ran up the credit card bills and when leanne busted him on it, that was his excuse. He doesn't seem too smart to me to begin with.
All JMO

I don't think he was planning on going anywhere. He ran up the credit card bills and when leanne busted him on it, that was his excuse. He doesn't seem too smart to me to begin with.
All JMO

I totally agree. He does what he wants when he wants to do it and does not care about consequences. He will lie in the face of being caught and lose it when challenged. The miles were probably just another lie to his wife.

Judging from his sexting six different women, even some underage, it is clear that he has impulse control problems and that would definitely affect his spending habits as well. He appears to be all about instant gratification. What Ross wants Ross will have regardless of how it effects others.

Just to throw my two cents in on the whole change of venue debate.

In my opinion it's not about finding an impartial jury in Cobb County. Cobb is huge and I'm sure they could. But it's an easy concession for the state to make because it could work out either way as far the the jury pool they get. And if the defense asks and is granted a change of venue, it saves that from being a reason for appeal.

Change of venues don't always work out for defendants. Ted Bundy screwed himself asking for one and it's thought to be a reason he went to the wind...

Leanna's actions after the funeral for Cooper, during the probable cause/bond hearing, and after that hearing tell me that she is/was not an abused woman.

Leanna showed no concern for Cooper during that hearing. No tears when hearing what Cooper went through, how he looked, when hearing that he had clawed at his own face and banged his head on the seat trying to get out of the car......nothing but her smacking on her gum. The tears only came when Harris was denied bond.

After the hearing she goes to visit Harris in jail. Then she decides that it is best that she go to Alabama to be with family. However, she goes to HIS family.

A woman that is abused may see no way out when the male is still there. Leanna knew that Harris could NOT get out of jail since bond was denied. Yet she still keeps the connection with him even going so far as to leave the State of Georgia to go be with HIS family.

Those things do not add up to an abused woman.

MOO

BBM -- I can see your point if you're talking about an abused woman who understands that she is being abused and wants out and is looking for the first opportunity to do so safely.

However, if she was in love with a narcissist and has yet to fully realize or accept it, it's going to significant time away from him AND his family and time to take on some sort of new daily routine outside of that world before she "gets" it. So as odd as her behavior & comments are, I could see it if she's in this type of relationship -- she's desperately holding onto him because she has put him on a pedestal and she thinks she'll die without him.

Narcissistic relationships are emotionally abusive -- it's just such a mind game the entire time -- and of course, some escalate physically. The people that realize and are able to cut off contact are lucky (even though it's still extremely painful). Some people don't have a clue until after they've been dumped and it takes time away from that person and "breathe fresh air" so to speak before they can even start to see a clue.

JMO

Thanks Bratislava for all the links. I as anyone else here is perfectly capable of googling and doing their own research. Appreciate links supplied, here, but am not DEPENDENT upon them. JMO

I think someone asked for links last night, so I was just trying to be helpful and share a few quickies.

Ya think he will be shocked when he discovers the world doesn't revolve around him?

Nope. I think he will just feel even more sorry for himself. Like the *advertiser censored* addicts at the church we attended. Pity parties all the time- you'd think someone had done something TO THEM rather than they wasting their families money and living massive schemes of deception to keep their wives and kids from finding out. Can I just tell you how rare it was to see them feel bad for what they'd done to others? Most of them just felt sorry for themselves (and wished they didn't have to change their lives).

Thinking of RH just keeps reminding me of those guys. Same exact self-victimization. Same entitlement complexes. Twisted and lame. Yikes.

I think someone asked for links last night, so I was just trying to be helpful and share a few quickies.

I didn't get a chance to look at them, but I think links (and quickies) are always appreciated by most.

It is well known in the mental health field that many diagnosis, as far back as Freud, in between, and in the present can be inherently sexist and draw their symptoms from social constructs and rigid gender roles. That is why women tend to be overdiagnosed with BPD and HPD and men with ASPD and NPD. It is something they teach to watch out for to make sure that you are not including your bias' and that you even question symptoms, even in the DSM. What is a "symptom" and what is actually just "frowned upon" in society and then made it into a diagnosis?

Flashy clothing, a lot of jewelery, and provocative and overly sexual behaviors......that sounds a lot like "*advertiser censored* shaming" to me and a reluctance to to see women as anything other than "properly dressed",stepford, and "in their place" :moo:

You are not wrong. Many diagnoses have been tossed since Freud. Paradigms change...and we learn from our mistakes, there is a serious history of that in mental health.

I for one am not a fan of HPD and would be very very wary of that diagnosis on any woman as it is as sexist as can be. I mean, even the word "Histrionic" is notoriously sexist. lol.

So very true. My life changed for the better after I read Foucault.

I should add, however, that most of the "shaming" in Tuscaloosa is aimed at girls like me that don't wear make-up or visit tanning beds or try to look like they walked off a Real Housewives of Beverly Hills show. Many of the female virgins I know also dress very provocatively and care deeply about their appearance. Obviously, they are not *advertiser censored*. So "*advertiser censored* shaming" should be limited to discussions in which we are referring to girls being persecuted for the sexual activity.

Maybe what we mean is "vanity". There are some females that are more vain than others. There are some males that are more vain than others. RH was fairly vain for a dude, though he was not a metrosexual by any stretch of the word. Metros get manis. :)

I know! Some posters thought that I was bashing you and that was NOT my intention at all. I really appreciate your intelligent comments and link-citing. My point, which obviously was not articulated well was that I see lots of posters asking for links to subjects that they are able to take the time to research themselves, instead of expecting someone else to do it! I was promptly bashed for saying so. OK. I consider myself bashed, though my opinion remains the same lol. AMEN

Could he have taken money out of the credit card, or bought stuff he needed for the sideline business Ross and his friend were doing?

I should add, however, that most of the "shaming" in Tuscaloosa is aimed at girls like me that don't wear make-up or visit tanning beds or try to look like they walked off a Real Housewives of Beverly Hills show. Many of the female virgins I know also dress very provocatively and care deeply about their appearance. Obviously, they are not *advertiser censored*. So "*advertiser censored* shaming" should be limited to discussions in which we are referring to girls being persecuted for the sexual activity.

Maybe what we mean is "vanity". There are some females that are more vain than others. There are some males that are more vain than others. RH was fairly vain for a dude, though he was not a metrosexual by any stretch of the word. Metros get manis. :)

I think its ridiculous for anyone on this thread to imply men who get manis or care about their hair must be mentally deranged. There is nothing wrong with men taking care of their appearance. It seems really archaic to try to force anyone into a limiting box of outdated "traditional" gender roles! In fact, teaching young boys they must fit into the strict gender role of a traditional male leads to increased domestic violence http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430489/

BBM

If what I stated is taken in context, it is very clear that I was limiting it to that because I was speaking too diagnosing a woman with a disorder based on her "flashy appearance" and her perceived provocative and sexual mannerisms. The very basis of Histrionic Disorder absolutely rings of "*advertiser censored* shaming", which is why men are more likely to be diagnosed with NPD and ASPD and women BPD (unstable)and HPD.(overtly "sexual" attention seeking flashy appearance).

Ross cared about his appearance, his was obsessive about his hair. I think a friend (Ben) said he couldn't have a "hair out of place" and had always been that way. As the O/P mentioned her psychiatrist friend had a term for it, "psychopathic hair". In Ross' case, I think it has more to do with possibly being ASPD, as they are experts at maintaining their "image" to others, charismatically and outward appearance. Narcissists don't "use their appearance" to get attention, they are just shallow by nature of their disorder, and usually shallow about everything...not just hair. And they lack empathy and exploit others. I think Ross has both ASPD and NPD.

As far as the appearance of other women, virgins or not, I just personally am against judging any of them in a negative way whether they preen, tan, or wear a lot of makeup I equally do not like to judge if they have more understated and conservative appearances. That is their choice either way. But to diagnose any woman based on her jewelery, clothing, and or sexual "mannerisms" is holding her to an outdated puritan standard, and is just ridiculously sexist to me and to a lot of others. I also think there is nothing wrong with a man that is "metrosexual" or gets manis or pedis or cares about his clothing. I'm not into rigid gender roles as they are social construct and are used against people all of the time if they are not rank and file what society expects their "gender" to behave or be. Which brings me right back to diagnosing a woman for being "histrionic" "dramatic", "Flashy" or "overtly sexual" There is a patriarchal and archaic attitude in the diagnosis itself. It's a label.

And you are right, every one's level of maintaining appearance and grooming is unique to the individual and different. I think RH was just very arrogant and lacked a conscience. The amount of women he was "sexting" and meeting up with was to feed his giant, overinflated ego. :moo:

I think its ridiculous for anyone on this thread to imply men who get manis or care about their hair must be mentally deranged. There is nothing wrong with men taking care of their appearance. It seems really archaic to try to force anyone into a limiting box of outdated "traditional" gender roles! In fact, teaching young boys they must fit into the strict gender role of a traditional male leads to increased domestic violence http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430489/
nonsense.
its the rejection of "the strict gender role of a traditional male" that leads to domestic violence

Jmo, a lot of talk about how 40 seconds is such an incrediby short period of time, how could someone forget...and then about how incredibly long a period of time 30 seconds is, to have sat in the car at work. Anyway...just something I noticed.

Well, 30 seconds is a long time to sit in a parked car with a toddler who is strapped in a too-tight car seat. My grandson starts fussing to get out of his every time the car stops, including whenever I'm stopped at a red light.

:clap:

Absolutely. A well researched fact and not "nonsense".

I checked the Cobb County court calendar; there is nothing showing for any future court date yet.

http://www.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.org/courts/CRCalendar.htm

Also, I thought it was interesting when I looked at the Cobb County jail site, that JRH has no attorney of record. I wonder if Maddox Kilgore was just for the bond hearing. There was a local article about JRH's lawyer's "small firm" getting death threats, but the article didn't specify the name of the law firm.

BBM. Apparently, the death threats are rumors. JudyBolton's post #1081 discusses this and other rumors.

Snipped from article at link:
After Marietta police heard reports that Ross Harris' lawyer received death threats they had a detective contact the office only to be told they'd received many less than complimentary messages, but no actual threats of violence.

Source: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-squash-rumors-justin-ross-harris-case/ngddh/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485