GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here!

My son is 16 and has always had long hair. Now it's almost to his butt. I love it!
He gets regular pedicures.
Always goes with me for massages
Loves pore cleansing masks...
He does model, but he has always enjoyed pampering.
He never went through that gross, stinky, slovenly phase so many boys do....and I'm thankful:)
a3e3e2u4.jpg

The above shared with his permission;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is cuteeeeee!

I completely agree with the horrors of traditional gender roles for men. I was just noting that the popular term metrosexual came about in big cities where you saw heterosexual men who began seeking grooming practices previously reserved for females. For example, in DC, the rise of male manicures and pedicures is a 20th century development. There is nothing wrong with men expanding their horizons to include meticulous, formerly-feminine grooming practices.

However, there is much more to being a female than doing your nails. Or your hair. And men who are living outside the restrictive boundaries of traditional gender roles should know this as well. It's demeaning to suggest that being a woman means you have to be super conscious of appearance.

As I said before, vanity is an extreme in both sexes. You know it's vanity when you're spending money you don't have to "look good" and impress others. I caution my kids against looking in the mirror for more than 10 minutes at a time by telling them the story of "Narcissus" because I think our culture does over-emphasize physical attraction at the expense of spiritual beauty. Think about the limited time we have during the day to do things for others. I like to challenge my kids to make sure they spend more time doing things for others than wondering or preparing their appearance during every day. I hope this will make them more empathic and other-regarding.

P.S. My son paints his toe nails, and I think it's awesome. He also has long hair. And he's 10 years old. Don't worry, we hear plenty about how I need to "cut that boy's hair" where we live. When strangers in grocery stores tell him that his long hair makes him "look like a girl", he laughs and says there's nothing wrong with girls, so why should he care if he looks like one? (I did get mad at him once for telling an annoying woman who kept criticizing his hair that he could pull down his pants and "settle the question" if she kept badgering him. I did my parental duties and scolded him but laughed my butt off with my husband later that night.)

I couldn't get mad at him shutting that woman up! That's hilarious! Good for him, I'd be thrilled he's so assertive!

I can't stand busy bodies with nothing nice to say!

I think there is a full moon hangover going on or something, it's been particularly "tense" in this thread for the past 12 hours.

In any event, I have a question.

LE says Ross made a 6 minute phone call from the scene to Home Depot and that the call eventually reached Toddler Room #5. It just dawned on me that this is kind of crazy.

Ross "discovered" Cooper in the restaurant parking lot at about 4:30 right? Very shortly thereafter he makes the a few unsuccessful calls to Leanne and then the six minute call.

Leanne shows up at daycare to pick up Cooper at 4:50, about 20 minutes later. The staff at Little Apron did not know that Cooper was dead at that point, just that he did not get dropped off at daycare that day. Leanne is adamant that Ross left Cooper in the car leaving the staff confused.

Do you see how that is strange? If the 6 minute call from his cell phone (which he lied to LE about) reached Home Depot and then eventually was transferred to Toddler Room #5 who did he talk too?

Unless he was on hold and in transfer for an entire 6 minutes which I find doubtful. And the call was not "dropped" as LE said it did eventually reach Toddler Room #5.

I find that really interesting and wonder what it will amount too.

Interesting points! I am wondering if the call he made to Leanna was a code. One ring means one thing, two rings, three rings, etc. So she didn't pick up but knew that he had successfully killed the child by leaving him in the car. The six minute call could have involved the regular, annoying recordings that we constantly get nowadays that we have to listen to because the menu has recently been changed.

I wish we could get a speck of new news.....
LE, please toss a bone...at least a crumb!

Interesting points! I am wondering if the call he made to Leanna was a code. One ring means one thing, two rings, three rings, etc. So she didn't pick up but knew that he had successfully killed the child by leaving him in the car. The six minute call could have involved the regular, annoying recordings that we constantly get nowadays that we have to listen to because the menu has recently been changed.

True! But why did he lie to LE, specifically about making that particular phone call?

So weird.

Alright Guys - we have a forum now and the general discussion thread has run it's course. This thread is closing and there will be no further general discussion threads.

Break out into the topical threads of your choice.

Salem

Hi gngr-snap. I wonder, if he was headed home, what do you think he was planning to do? I did wonder myself what he could be up to if he was heading away from the cinema.

I wonder what explanation he will give if asked why he did not head for the cinema.
I believe I am the only person that said that. I base that simy on the facr that when I went from Terrell Mill Rd to Cumberland I ALWAYS took Power's Ferry to Akers Mill Rd. Why would he be headed home? I think that's where he wanted to make the discovery. I think he called.his.buddies and said I'll. be late, snd eas gonna use needed to run home and get something and found Cooper in backseat.
I think he was trying like hell to get home buy, had to give in and stop sooner. He knew that was the last place he could stop before traveling another mile or two.
It's my opinion only, that him freaking out like he did abandoning Cooper and calling people is because he lost control of the situation. I don't think the rigor mortis ever crossed his mind. You can't explain that away -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob