GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the ?'s surrounding the 6 min. call, their separate searches on the car temps needed for death, her comment at the day care center is still very suspicious. Almost like a rehearsed line in a play that was uttered in the wrong spot. Same with the convo at the jail, "did you say too much"? I think she's the one that has said too much.

I agree. But she had no one to counsel her. Maybe "the PLAN" was a bit thwarted and she was having to ad lib. JMO

I'd be really surprised to find out he had a girlfriend. I think his gig was sending pics of his weezer NOT performing with it lol. Possibly, his sexting addiction began around the same time that he was getting injections and using gels, etc. It was an aha experience and he ran amok with it! LOL JMO JMO
But he met and had an affair with at least one person as per court testimony.

Also, why do people keep posting about him having a "sex-addiction" or he was a "*advertiser censored*-addict"? Was he diagnosed with some affliction that I missed? Millions and millions of people look at *advertiser censored*, cheat on their spouse, and sext with others. (married or not)

It doesn't mean they are all "addicts"

I honestly believe he was headed home. No other reason for him to be on Akers Mill Rd. The theater was on the corner of hwy 41 and Cumberland Boulevard.

Hi gngr-snap. I wonder, if he was headed home, what do you think he was planning to do? I did wonder myself what he could be up to if he was heading away from the cinema.

I wonder what explanation he will give if asked why he did not head for the cinema.

Re: the 6 minute phone call...could he have been on hold waiting for the toddler room? That was probably a very busy "pick up" time for the daycare and no one may have been available. I have no idea why it was made, but just thought I'd throw out a possible reason.

And jmo, he's guilty...don't want anyone misinterpreting my statement as defending him at all

But he met and had an affair with at least one person as per court testimony.

Also, why do people keep posting about him having a "sex-addiction" or he was a "*advertiser censored*-addict"? Was he diagnosed with some affliction that I missed? Millions and millions of people look at *advertiser censored*, cheat on their spouse, and sext with others. (married or not)

It doesn't mean they are all "addicts"
I said SEXTING addiction and I did hear the testimony about him meeting someone---I did not hear, or missed hearing about an affair.

Still hopeful for clarification. Did Ross drive towards the movie or towards home. Its still foggy to me.

jmo One of the biggest things working against RH's defense is his situation does not fit the characteristics of other cases where parents have forgotten their children.

I agree 100% and Dr. Diamond's examples of how the memory blips out and what causes it to recover (or to 'reboot' itself in his words) don't fit in this case. I think he'll be the goto expert with his Forgotten Baby Syndrome though and if he is it'll be interesting to see how he spins it in RH's case. OTOH he could decline to testify, especially if he feels it doesn't apply here. Hmm, I wonder if the State would then use him...

Just my own opinion.

Speaking about the 6-minute phone call to the day care and the gap in time with day care and LH. Wasn't someone from the day care supposed to be a witness at the probable cause hearing but had a medical emergency and didn't testify?

Maybe that's why we haven't heard all there is about that phone call.

:thud:

Really? How did I miss that? I didn't know that.

Still hopeful for clarification. Did Ross drive towards the movie or towards home. Its still foggy to me.

He drove in the opposite direction of the movie theatre I believe. More toward home. At least that is what I read earlier in this thread.

Re: the 6 minute phone call...could he have been on hold waiting for the toddler room? That was probably a very busy "pick up" time for the daycare and no one may have been available. I have no idea why it was made, but just thought I'd throw out a possible reason.

And jmo, he's guilty...don't want anyone misinterpreting my statement as defending him at all

Trying to imagine how it would happen... He tried calling LH on her phone to let her know there's been a horrible accident and she didn't pick up. So then he tries to call the place where he figures she might be, Toddler Room 5. She is not there yet so they put him on hold. Or he starts telling whomever answered what has happened, and telling that person to keep LH there?

I am also trying to put myself in the daycare person's place. Not sure I would know what to do. I wouldn't want to be the one to relay the information to the mother, especially if I had no idea what was going on...

If the googling were to happen now, by a parent, after weeks of several car death incidents across the country, it might not seem as bizarre and suspicious, Imo. Any parent might be freaked out and concerned this past month, I suppose. But that does not really apply to the timing in RH's case, Imo.

It's not strange at all that one or both looked it up. It is strange that they both looked it up, dad liked videos of people dying, dad watched a video of a vet overheating in a car... then his son was shortly thereafter left in a car to die. That's the strange part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

:thud:

Really? How did I miss that? I didn't know that.

MS according to the You Tube recording of the hearing. Is she the one who worked at the Day Care? I was thinking is was a M someone who worked there. I could be (probably) wrong. :)

I think its ridiculous for anyone on this thread to imply men who get manis or care about their hair must be mentally deranged. There is nothing wrong with men taking care of their appearance. It seems really archaic to try to force anyone into a limiting box of outdated "traditional" gender roles! In fact, teaching young boys they must fit into the strict gender role of a traditional male leads to increased domestic violence http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430489/

I completely agree with the horrors of traditional gender roles for men. I was just noting that the popular term metrosexual came about in big cities where you saw heterosexual men who began seeking grooming practices previously reserved for females. For example, in DC, the rise of male manicures and pedicures is a 20th century development. There is nothing wrong with men expanding their horizons to include meticulous, formerly-feminine grooming practices.

However, there is much more to being a female than doing your nails. Or your hair. And men who are living outside the restrictive boundaries of traditional gender roles should know this as well. It's demeaning to suggest that being a woman means you have to be super conscious of appearance.

As I said before, vanity is an extreme in both sexes. You know it's vanity when you're spending money you don't have to "look good" and impress others. I caution my kids against looking in the mirror for more than 10 minutes at a time by telling them the story of "Narcissus" because I think our culture does over-emphasize physical attraction at the expense of spiritual beauty. Think about the limited time we have during the day to do things for others. I like to challenge my kids to make sure they spend more time doing things for others than wondering or preparing their appearance during every day. I hope this will make them more empathic and other-regarding.

P.S. My son paints his toe nails, and I think it's awesome. He also has long hair. And he's 10 years old. Don't worry, we hear plenty about how I need to "cut that boy's hair" where we live. When strangers in grocery stores tell him that his long hair makes him "look like a girl", he laughs and says there's nothing wrong with girls, so why should he care if he looks like one? (I did get mad at him once for telling an annoying woman who kept criticizing his hair that he could pull down his pants and "settle the question" if she kept badgering him. I did my parental duties and scolded him but laughed my butt off with my husband later that night.)

nonsense.
its the rejection of "the strict gender role of a traditional male" that leads to domestic violence

I'm taking this to mean you are saying that men get violent when women step outside their usual gender roles? Help me out here, tangelo. Please tell me you're not suggesting that traditional gender roles are good for males or females. I mean, it's like a corset or a mouth-gag- you can wear it if you want but no one can seriously say wearing it is anything besides an interesting fetish.

According to the transcript, that is not her name (plus I am not sure we are allowed to even use her full name here):

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cg.02.html
The transcripts are not complete. I use the You tube videos - it is the complete hearing along with the bond hearing.

Edited to add - I am not sleuthing them, but the witness was named in court. I do not believe she was anything other than a character witness.

I'd be really surprised to find out he had a girlfriend. I think his gig was sending pics of his weezer NOT performing with it lol. Possibly, his sexting addiction began around the same time that he was getting injections and using gels, etc. It was an aha experience and he ran amok with it! LOL JMO JMO

Lol, I misread "weezer" as "tweezer" which brought up quite a mental image along with his 'psychopathic hair!'

I also doubt he has a girlfriend - but oh, what a smoking gun that would be.

MOO

I completely agree with the horrors of traditional gender roles for men. I was just noting that the popular term metrosexual came about in big cities where you saw heterosexual men who began seeking grooming practices previously reserved for females. For example, in DC, the rise of male manicures and pedicures is a 20th century development. There is nothing wrong with men expanding their horizons to include meticulous, formerly-feminine grooming practices.

However, there is much more to being a female than doing your nails. Or your hair. And men who are living outside the restrictive boundaries of traditional gender roles should know this as well. It's demeaning to suggest that being a woman means you have to be super conscious of appearance.

As I said before, vanity is an extreme in both sexes. You know it's vanity when you're spending money you don't have to "look good" and impress others. I caution my kids against looking in the mirror for more than 10 minutes at a time by telling them the story of "Narcissus" because I think our culture does over-emphasize physical attraction at the expense of spiritual beauty. Think about the limited time we have during the day to do things for others. I like to challenge my kids to make sure they spend more time doing things for others than wondering or preparing their appearance during every day. I hope this will make them more empathic and other-regarding.

P.S. My son paints his toe nails, and I think it's awesome. He also has long hair. And he's 10 years old. Don't worry, we hear plenty about how I need to "cut that boy's hair" where we live. When strangers in grocery stores tell him that his long hair makes him "look like a girl", he laughs and says there's nothing wrong with girls, so why should he care if he looks like one? (I did get mad at him once for telling an annoying woman who kept criticizing his hair that he could pull down his pants and "settle the question" if she kept badgering him. I did my parental duties and scolded him but laughed my butt off with my husband later that night.)

I think you are awesome.

The transcripts are not complete. I use the You tube videos - it is the complete hearing along with the bond hearing.

Edited to add - I am not sleuthing them, but the witness was named in court. I do not believe she was anything other than a character witness.

The transcript link I gave you IS complete with this and corrects the name error.

And last I heard, we were not to use full names because this site gets so much traffic that people's names are coming up when future employers google them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow