GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, they can blame the medication for affecting his memory. They can blame the bottle rocket for his deafness in his right ear. They can try and turn his sexting into an addiction that he "couldn't control". They can say his research of hot car deaths was out of fear.

However, how is the defense going to defend the fact that he wasn't and isn't blind?

He could see Cooper. He could see him in the car, when he left him in the car, when he went back into the car at lunch, and when he drove with his dead body to the restaurant parking lot.

There is just no getting around that. :moo:
The prosecution will get his hearing testing to determine his degree of "deafness". He won't be able to get around that one. It is objective data, so the defense would be stupid to try that one.

Melissa Sellers was the church lady witness at the bond hearing for RH. She was right after his brother vouched for him. She was a member of their church group.

Melissa Sellers was the church lady witness at the bond hearing for RH. She was right after his brother vouched for him. She was a member of their church group.

Can you please provide a link for that? TIA

IIRC, MS is the witness who had the medical emergency and did not testify. PH is the church lady. I took notes during that part of the hearing, will check my notes when I get home to be sure.

IIRC, MS is the witness who had the medical emergency and did not testify. PH is the church lady. I took notes during that part of the hearing, will check my notes when I get home to be sure.

You are correct; that's exactly what I have in my notes and it's been discussed in prior threads quite a bit.

The other M name was referred to by first name only by Stoddard as a daycare worker.

You are correct.

You're right. The church lady is the children's pastor at their church. I remember how fast she did a 180 when the prosecutor told her about the sexting. She said something like "Well, I only knew him through his church activities.":gasp:

I completely agree with the horrors of traditional gender roles for men. I was just noting that the popular term metrosexual came about in big cities where you saw heterosexual men who began seeking grooming practices previously reserved for females. For example, in DC, the rise of male manicures and pedicures is a 20th century development. There is nothing wrong with men expanding their horizons to include meticulous, formerly-feminine grooming practices.

However, there is much more to being a female than doing your nails. Or your hair. And men who are living outside the restrictive boundaries of traditional gender roles should know this as well. It's demeaning to suggest that being a woman means you have to be super conscious of appearance.

As I said before, vanity is an extreme in both sexes. You know it's vanity when you're spending money you don't have to "look good" and impress others. I caution my kids against looking in the mirror for more than 10 minutes at a time by telling them the story of "Narcissus" because I think our culture does over-emphasize physical attraction at the expense of spiritual beauty. Think about the limited time we have during the day to do things for others. I like to challenge my kids to make sure they spend more time doing things for others than wondering or preparing their appearance during every day. I hope this will make them more empathic and other-regarding.

P.S. My son paints his toe nails, and I think it's awesome. He also has long hair. And he's 10 years old. Don't worry, we hear plenty about how I need to "cut that boy's hair" where we live. When strangers in grocery stores tell him that his long hair makes him "look like a girl", he laughs and says there's nothing wrong with girls, so why should he care if he looks like one? (I did get mad at him once for telling an annoying woman who kept criticizing his hair that he could pull down his pants and "settle the question" if she kept badgering him. I did my parental duties and scolded him but laughed my butt off with my husband later that night.)

Same here!

My son is 16 and has always had long hair. Now it's almost to his butt. I love it!
He gets regular pedicures.
Always goes with me for massages
Loves pore cleansing masks...
He does model, but he has always enjoyed pampering.
He never went through that gross, stinky, slovenly phase so many boys do....and I'm thankful:)
a3e3e2u4.jpg

The above shared with his permission;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snip from HLN's live blog during the hearing:

4:35 p.m. ET: The defense has called Penny Harrison, a children’s pastor at Harris' church, to the witness stand. She says she has known Harris and his wife for about two years.
“I knew him to be at typical, loving father of a toddler,” Harrison said. She says he has support at church and that she believes he would show up for court if he were released on bail.
The prosecution asks her if she knows he was sexting with other women. She says no and that "I know him in a church setting and that's all."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

I know you like to research your own links, but I happened to have this one handy for you. :peace:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

The defense has called Penny Harrison, a children’s pastor at Harris' church, to the witness stand

Can you please provide a link for that? TIA

OOPS! SORRY! at 3:07 or right in that vicinity Melissa Sellers was called and was NOT there , then they called Penny Harrison who was the church friend. My mistake!! mea culpa! 3:07 on wild about trial video

I completely agree with the horrors of traditional gender roles for men. I was just noting that the popular term metrosexual came about in big cities where you saw heterosexual men who began seeking grooming practices previously reserved for females. For example, in DC, the rise of male manicures and pedicures is a 20th century development. There is nothing wrong with men expanding their horizons to include meticulous, formerly-feminine grooming practices.

However, there is much more to being a female than doing your nails. Or your hair. And men who are living outside the restrictive boundaries of traditional gender roles should know this as well. It's demeaning to suggest that being a woman means you have to be super conscious of appearance.

As I said before, vanity is an extreme in both sexes. You know it's vanity when you're spending money you don't have to "look good" and impress others. I caution my kids against looking in the mirror for more than 10 minutes at a time by telling them the story of "Narcissus" because I think our culture does over-emphasize physical attraction at the expense of spiritual beauty. Think about the limited time we have during the day to do things for others. I like to challenge my kids to make sure they spend more time doing things for others than wondering or preparing their appearance during every day. I hope this will make them more empathic and other-regarding.

P.S. My son paints his toe nails, and I think it's awesome. He also has long hair. And he's 10 years old. Don't worry, we hear plenty about how I need to "cut that boy's hair" where we live. When strangers in grocery stores tell him that his long hair makes him "look like a girl", he laughs and says there's nothing wrong with girls, so why should he care if he looks like one? (I did get mad at him once for telling an annoying woman who kept criticizing his hair that he could pull down his pants and "settle the question" if she kept badgering him. I did my parental duties and scolded him but laughed my butt off with my husband later that night.)

I've had long hair for most of my adult life (though it's "normal" now).

I thinks it's awesome you let him have long hair and I think it's cool you let him paint his nails.
And strangers in grocery stores should mind their own damn business.
I'm not big on "traditional" roles. Especially for children. But maybe that's just the hippy in me. I don't think men (as you put it) living outside the traditional boundaries are trying to be "feminine" or trying to be demeaning. They are just being them. I have several friends like this (hard not too in Atkanta). Some are gay, some are straight. They are who they are and it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member