GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, so I can't verify if LE shut down SM on this case, but it is not uncommon in other cases. The article linked below is 2 years old, and if LE was doing it then, IMO, it's probably even more common in 2014. IMO, it goes without saying, just another tool of crimefighting in the 21st century. Moo, Jmo, etc...

They can and do routinely order social-media companies to shut down a Twitter or Facebook page, for example, immediately after a crime has been committed or have relevant information archived before any changes can be made. "It's no different than physical evidence," says Bob Hopper, manager of the Computer Crimes section at theNational White Collar Crime Center.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech...edia-law-enforcement/53614910/1?fullsite=true

Sorry to be ignorant about this issue, or to question veracity of statement, but....

Can anyone give link stating either -
-LE 'took down Ross' Facebook down'
OR
-LE in other cases and/or other US states 'shutting down' a suspect's/arrestee's FB or other social media pages or sites?

(Not looking for LE 'taking down' a *advertiser censored* site or similar site)

Thx in adv.

Imo, LE did not take it down. All of his SM would have been gone, if that was the case. Maybe FB did or else his family.

It is a good question and I have wondered it too.

I have a mask in my handbag and one on my key ring too, but have thankfully never had to use it.
Have we heard an interview with the person who attempted CPR, or do we know how long this attempt lasted? Surely it was only a few seconds, since Cooper was obviously deceased.

I did read Gitana's post. I guess I just am not meant to understand this case. I am not generally dense. I would just really need to know if this man left his baby to die on purpose...not through neglect, etc...but literally, purposefully, on purpose. Jmo

Edited to correct error:

So far he is not charged with intentionally killing Cooper. On the stand, Stoddard indicated that the evidence is starting to point towards intention - but he's not charged with that yet, and it remains to be seen whether it will be added to his charges.

Can I ask a dumb question? What does "BBM" stand for? I see it and I'm pretty up to speed on (or can figure out) most acronyms. Just want to know so that I can make sure I understand. Thanks so much!

Sometimes I feel like Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam with all the acronyms. I don't get half of them....

Repeating my request for MSM link w statement that "LE shut down" FB page of a suspect or arrestee.
Ross, Leanna, or anyone in other cases (not involving *advertiser censored*).
Thx in adv.

I really should have said, MOO, Lately it seems like a coincidence when LE closes in on people their FB disappears......no MSM link

JMO

I thought Stoddard had described attempts by the bystander to render aid as brief and that Cooper had been declared as dead pretty darn quickly. Perhaps the efforts were brief because there was an overwhelming odor. Even if you tried to convince your brain the baby had one horrifically smelly diaper, if the odor was decomp as stoddard described, it might be hard to fight through that odor to do CPR for long on a child that was clearly dead.

I thought Stoddard had described attempts by the bystander to render aid as brief and that Cooper had been declared as dead pretty darn quickly. Perhaps the efforts were brief because there was an overwhelment odor. Even if you tried to convince your brain the baby had one horrifically smelly diaper, if the odor was decomp as stoddard described, it might be hard to fight through that odor to do CPR for long on a child that was clearly dead.

Purely unobjective on my part, but if I put my lips to the lips of a dead baby and there is a "reeking" of decomp...I'm gonna hurl. Sorry to be graphic, but I am.

Have we heard an interview with the person who attempted CPR, or do we know how long this attempt lasted? Surely it was only a few seconds, since Cooper was obviously deceased.

I don't think so. Stoddard summarized parts of his statement during the hearing, but I haven't seen any interviews in the press with him. I think his statement is going to be very important because Stoddard also testified that this same individual assisted RH in getting Cooper out of the car.

I thought he said kissing Cooper was a routine he did every time he strapped his son into the car seat in case of accident, but do you think there might be some videos from that parking lot in previous days, months or years that didn't show this routine? I hope the LE is looking into that.

As of right now, he is charged with criminal recklessness or negligence resulting in Cooper's death (2nd degree murder) AND 1st degree felony murder (Cooper died while RH was committing felony child abuse/neglect).

So far he is not charged with intentionally killing Cooper. On the stand, Stoddard indicated that the evidence is starting to point towards intention - but he's not charged with that yet, and it remains to be seen whether it will be added to his charges.

No, unless something changed while I was driving today...

Right now, he is is charged with 2nd degree child cruelty, which is a felony. He is also charged with felony murder, which is defined as a death occurring during the commission of a felony, regardless of whether it was intentional or not.

There is no "1st degree felony murder."

The 2nd degree cruelty charge has nothing to do specifically with death. It's just abuse that was a result of criminal negligence. 1st degree cruelty is a willfull, intentional act of abuse.

Now, the new law is a new 2nd degree murder charge that specifically applies to deaths occurring during the commission of 1st and 2nd cruelty to children abuses cases. And it has a much, much lighter penalty than felony murder.

So, according to an attorney I follow, and he follows me, on twitter... The grand jury indictment will replace the arrest warrant and if he is still charged with 2nd degree cruelty, it will be a 2nd degree murder charge instead of felony murder.

I really should have said, MOO, Lately it seems like a coincidence when LE closes in on people their FB disappears......no MSM link

JMO

Yep, ITA. IMO, it is NO coincidence. Personally, I don't need a link to prove it. I know, LE, especially at the federal level, can do whatever they want. And to repeat from my previous post, imo, it's no surprise in the 21st century with all the technology and online communications. You think LE can't shut down whatever they want? Puleeeezzzze! I'm sure FB, Twitter, IG, etc, aren't going to admit it, but I would bet my check on it...and I'm cheap and NOT a gambler, lol. Anyway, again, jmo, moo....

Re a driver forgetting what a red light means and blowing through it
bbm~ practically everyone I know has inadvertently driven through a red light, including myself. It's kind of a good analogy, actually, imo. What if one of them had their child in the car and the child was killed in an accident caused by mom/dad unintentionally blowing through a red light? Life in prison or the DP? Idk.

If driver/parent w toddler in carseat forgets what a red light means - only for one red light - and blows through it,
the danger is there briefly and gone.
At next intersections, if parent/driver continues to fail to recognize red as prompt for him/her to stop, then danger continues.
At next intersections, if parent realizes red means stop, then stops at red lights, that danger to child was 'only' momentary.

As ppl have said, kind of like how various stimuli through morning, lunchtime, and afternoon, s
h/have prompted Ross to say Oops, run to car. E.g.:
- going into HD building, presumably seeing pix of Cooper and/or Leanna at desk/cube,
Oops, runs to car? Nope.
- seeing pix of Cooper and/or Leanna on PC screensaver or wallpaper,
Oops, runs to car? Nope.
- another employee or co-worker mentioning something about what their kids were going to do that weekend, or another activity.
Oops runs to car? Nope.
- talking to Leanna or texting or IMing her.
Oops runs to car? Nope.
- getting text/IM from LAA daycare, etc.
Oops, runs to car? Nope.
- Opening other dig devices w pix or personal contact info.
Oops, runs to car? Nope.

Seems like before or after sexting, some men would feel guilty and think about why they feel guilty - wife and child.
Oops, other man runs to car. Ross? Nope.
Seems like some men even without a conscience would have fleeting thoughts of wife & child.
Oops, other man without conscience or guilt about sexting runs to car, saves toddler or tries to. Ross? Nope.

JMO and I could be wrong.

Very true. Good catch!!!!

I read or heard somewhere that JH stated he always kissed Cooper when he put him in the car in case he got in an accident and died. I think I heard it on Nancy Grace. Who focuses so much on their child dying? First the searches about how long it takes a child to die because it was a concern of theirs then he has to kiss him EVERYTIME he puts him in the carseat? He remembers that but forgets he's there? SURE!!!!! I think a camera showed him kiss Cooper and the sicko probably did it because he knew that was the last time he would see him, so when questioned about it that was his excuse as to not look suspicious.

The length of a relationship is no measure as to the closeness of the relationship. There is no doubt in my mind that Ross has a serious personality disorder. This is one case where I totally agree with Nancy Grace: the mother is not doing herself any favors by supporting this guy in words and actions. Sticking by him has made her look like a co-conspirator.

If I were LH's mother, I'd march her right down to a civil lawyer's office and file for divorce, which is exactly what my husband and I did after our son-in-law "forgot" to close an infant safety gate. This was not the first time he "forgot" to do something that resulted in child endangerment. Fortunately, our infant grandson wasn't seriously injured.

JMO

Thank you for your post. What you did for your grandchild is highly commendable. In all honesty, wouldn't a woman who stays with her husband potentially be charged with child endangerment if further injuries or death occurred?

I am wondering if LH is scared right now because JRH has endangered their child in the past.

IF she knew of his negligence perhaps she's afraid of charges coming her way......

JMO

I read or heard somewhere that JH stated he always kissed Cooper when he put him in the car in case he got in an accident and died. I think I heard it on Nancy Grace. Who focuses so much on their child dying? First the searches about how long it takes a child to die because it was a concern of theirs then he has to kiss him EVERYTIME he puts him in the carseat? He remembers that but forgets he's there? SURE!!!!!
And don't forget his dream about Cooper being in heaven with Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME