GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find anything about a hearing.... I did see this article about certain rumors that are circulating around RH's case. Among others they address:
1 - have RH's Defense attorneys received death threats? (NO)
2 - has RH been beaten up in jail? (NO)
3 - is RH being sequestered in a mental health ward? (NO)

It discusses how such rumors may influence where the trial will eventually be held. Hard to imagine a place where people haven't heard about this case, though....

Here is the link:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-squash-rumors-justin-ross-harris-case/ngddh/

So strange - I just heard the top of the hour news on local channel 46 Atlanta - they didn't even mention RH's name!
I can't find a thing either. I heard it 3 times. Fred Blankenship said it. I even messaged channel 2 and asked why they were reporting that. So far no response, so ignore me.
Either he isn't going to court tomorrow or there is a snag.
moo

I can't find anything about a hearing.... I did see this article about certain rumors that are circulating around RH's case. Among others they address:
1 - have RH's Defense attorneys received death threats? (NO)
2 - has RH been beaten up in jail? (NO)
3 - is RH being sequestered in a mental health ward? (NO)

It discusses how such rumors may influence where the trial will eventually be held. Hard to imagine a place where people haven't heard about this case, though....

Here is the link:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-squash-rumors-justin-ross-harris-case/ngddh/

People don't have to be unaware of the case to serve on the jury.

I wish gallup would do a poll on this case, to see what % of Americans are following it, and to what extent.

Yes! Thanks to everyone for being nice to us newbies! It is difficult enough to jump into the conversation the first few times without worrying about rude replies.

Yes! Ignore the rudeness. There are several who can be snarky & rude. Just ignore, and keep posting. We were all new once. Welcome! :)

because he felt more confident in manipulating them or situations they were involved in having done so successfully many times in the past. JMO speculation

I think RH did want his two friends from work to be the ones with him when he made the gruesome discovery. They would be comforting to him, they know him, they won't be judging him, and they won't be throwing him into a squad car. Relying on the reaction of complete strangers to see what you want them to see is difficult or impossible.

I think that is why he tried to get his car to the movie theater so his friends could be the witnesses. The smell was just too horrid and he had to swing into that parking lot to get out of the car. I believe I heard it stated that he removed Cooper from the back seat, laid him on the pavement and threw his arms up into the air and started the dramatics. He walked away from the baby. A passerby came over and told him his son needed CPR as he thought Cooper was choking. That is when he walked to the opposite side of the vehicle and started talking on his phone.

I cannot wait to see the video interview when RH is told that they had video tape of him going back to his vehicle at lunchtime. The realization that the whole thing was on tape must of showed on his face.

Jmo, a lot of talk about how 40 seconds is such an incrediby short period of time, how could someone forget...and then about how incredibly long a period of time 30 seconds is, to have sat in the car at work. Anyway...just something I noticed.

OMG, hilarious :floorlaugh:

People don't have to be unaware of the case to serve on the jury.

I wish gallup would do a poll on this case, to see what % of Americans are following it, and to what extent.

I was commenting on this (posted below) from the article. I understand that you don't have to be unaware of the case to serve on the jury - otherwise they would have to move some high profile cases to another planet :)

"“It’s so difficult for prospective jurors to determine what the truth is and what the truth isn't and to find a jury pool that could listen to the case and hasn't already formed an opinion on this,” Pugh said."

I just can't read all of those informative links.
This case is really getting to me...I can't bare the thought of reading about even more children dying this way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, seems like I've been hearing more and more of them lately.. I just don't get it!

I was commenting on this (posted below) from the article. I understand that you don't have to be unaware of the case to serve on the jury - otherwise they would have to move some high profile cases to another planet :)

"“It’s so difficult for prospective jurors to determine what the truth is and what the truth isn't and to find a jury pool that could listen to the case and hasn't already formed an opinion on this,” Pugh said."

IMO....There are plenty of people out there who don't know anything about the case besides a child was left in a hot car and died. Not everyone follows the news or these cases. I think they can definitely find a jury who has not already formed an opinion. Maybe not in Cobb county, but in other counties in other parts of Georgia.

Yes! Thanks to everyone for being nice to us newbies! It is difficult enough to jump into the conversation the first few times without worrying about rude replies.

Just picture all of us in our underwear.. lol that may make the rude replies less important :D

I wonder if Ross researched cases of other people who left their kids in their cars before he did and what ended up being done i.e. charges and sentencing? JMO

Here is a case from my area of a toddler around Cooper's age who died in a hot vehicle. The grandmother thought she dropped him off at the daycare and she is deaf and the vehicle had tinted windows. http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...being_left_for_a_day_in_a_sweltering_car.html

One of my dearest friends is a shrink who has been in practice for almost 40 years, I've picked his brain for lots of info on Narcissists, Sociopaths, etc. He said it's easy to recognize the women because often they wear flashy clothes and are well-adorned with jewelry, makeup, designer handbags, etc. He said the men often have big hair or hairdo's, requiring the use of gels, blow dryers, hairsprays, etc. IOW, these guys don't look like they rolled out of bed, showered and ran a comb through their hair- they put more than a little bit of work into it. He said he and one of his colleagues referred to it as "psychopathic hair"- reflects a total lack of self-awareness.

My ex is a psychiatrist and a good one. Never heard anything like this. Many people care about how they look and it is even expected in some job fields.
I don't say this to disrespect you or your opinions but you can't lump all of us who want to look nice in with RH.

JMO I would think that the best jury pool WOULD be from the most ethnically, religiously, economically diverse county in Georgia. Wouldn't that be Cobb county? I read somewhere that it is expected there will be a change of venue and I don't understand why. What do you Georgians think? Thanks

My ex is a psychiatrist and a good one. Never heard anything like this. Many people care about how they look and it is even expected in some job fields.
I don't say this to disrespect you or your opinions but you can't lump all of us who want to look nice in with RH.

This was one doctor's observations. There was no lumping- he used no absolutes. <mod snip>

JMO I would think that the best jury pool WOULD be from the most ethnically, religiously, economically diverse county in Georgia. Wouldn't that be Cobb county? I read somewhere that it is expected there will be a change of venue and I don't understand why. What do you Georgians think? Thanks
I honestly do not think it will move anywhere.

Cobb is fairly diverse and very similar to a lot of metro atlanta counties. I would imagine if they move it it might be to Macon or Athens where there are similar demographics because IF they move it it wouldn't do much good to stay metro atlanta. Not saying it will be moved. I don't see finding an impartial jury too difficult. I mean they found one for Casey Anthony :)!

Coverage in the local press has quieted down a good bit and I expect by the time it goes to trial it will have faded further. We're not a sunshine state like Florida, evidence typically comes out at trial and the occasional news leaks. So I don't see us getting the oodles of documents to review before the trial. Florida trials and jodi arias spoiled us all with the amount of documents we had pre-trial. BUT the public heat (like the petition to free RH) in the first days of this awful incident seems to have spurred the prosecution to be a bit more open than normal so far!

I think Cobb County is big enough to handle the trial with their huge population for a jury pool, but then I was really surprised when they moved that McDaniel trial from Macon to McDonough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi