GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO I would think that the best jury pool WOULD be from the most ethnically, religiously, economically diverse county in Georgia. Wouldn't that be Cobb county? I read somewhere that it is expected there will be a change of venue and I don't understand why. What do you Georgians think? Thanks

I do know that some counties are know as more advantageous for certain types of trials....I just don't know what the thinking would be about Cobb for a criminal trial... When I lived there (over 15 years ago) it was considered a rather conservative county. Would that be good or bad for RH? I honestly cannot think of a venue that would be more advantageous under these circumstances. Hope some other Ga. posters have more informed opinions.... I'm sure certain counties have a statistically lower guilty rate than others.

I don't think so. As far as I can tell, they pushed the bond hearing early and did them both at once.

I agree. The linked article was posted on June 20th, before the probable cause/bond hearing on July 3rd. Jmo.

I do know that some counties are know as more advantageous for certain types of trials....I just don't know what the thinking would be about Cobb for a criminal trial... When I lived there (over 15 years ago) it was considered a rather conservative county. Would that be good or bad for RH? I honestly cannot think of a venue that would be more advantageous under these circumstances. Hope some other Ga. posters have more informed opinions.... I'm sure certain counties have a statistically lower guilty rate than others.

Well, since that is where they chose to live I guess it would be good for him in the interest of "fairness"---he would be judged by a jury of his peers. It will be interesting to see jury selection, although that could be WAY down the road! We still have to wait for the prosecutor to present to the Grand Jury which could be weeks away from now....sigh JMO

Ugh my post is all messed up LOL. I tried to edit and it erased when I highlighted it on my ipad! Oh well it's quoted below and that's basically what I wanted to say haha. Can't even remember what else I was going to add :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: credit card miles. Every single card I have had that does this requires you to pay it off in order to get the points/miles. So if he did this for the miles and doesn't have the cash to pay it off doesn't really make much sense financially.

Edited to add I am waaayy back many pages and if this is not being discussed anymore no worries! And if there are other cards that don't require payment in full my mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And also, why would he excuse having outstanding debt with "oh well I did it for miles" really, bro? Where are you and your broke *advertiser censored* going to vacation now that you're in debt?

He sounds really really stupid about finances (or is lying and used the $$ for something else, gambling maybe?)

Sent from my iPhone

Is everyone calm now? I'm going to put some heather in here. According to Marlywings, that's what they do in Australia to calm nerves. :yes:

images

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...NVZA4A7vVObARGEP7llFp9hxSBLmlRlVtGpGxqgBru7Wg

PLEASE remember to use your alert feature and do NOT respond to posts that appear to be against our rules. Let the mods handle it because things go a lot smoother on our end that way. :tyou:

I think here in the states it's lavender. I use it in incense and a spray, and you can get it in drops to place on things... a dot on a light bulb ( BEFORE you turn it on) a drop on your pillow to sleep at night. I also use Freebrez (?) in lavender and it really does work.

other than that..TGFM.

OH or ps and not to your post but to the bama bangs ......I see a grown man trying to look like a teenage Justin Beiber ..... a way to pick up underage girls?

And also, why would he excuse having outstanding debt with "oh well I did it for miles" really, bro? Where are you and your broke *advertiser censored* going to vacation now that you're in debt?

He sounds really really stupid about finances (or is lying and used the $$ for something else, gambling maybe?)

Sent from my iPhone

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find he promised things to the various women he was texting. $4,000 doesn't get enough miles to go anywhere. Maybe, he was charging things and trying to sell them for the cash. Who knows. I still think their financial situation will reveal to be really bad, and I actually think LH won't know about most of it.

I checked the Cobb County court calendar; there is nothing showing for any future court date yet.

http://www.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.org/courts/CRCalendar.htm

Also, I thought it was interesting when I looked at the Cobb County jail site, that JRH has no attorney of record. I wonder if Maddox Kilgore was just for the bond hearing. There was a local article about JRH's lawyer's "small firm" getting death threats, but the article didn't specify the name of the law firm.

Sent from my iPhone

I really wonder where he was planning on going

You need at least 20,000 miles and it seems like a "come on" as that low amount only gets some fake flight between a couple of cities you would never choose.

So where was he planning to go?? And with whom? And why?

I really wonder where he was planning on going.

You need at least 20,000 miles and it seems like a "come one" as that low amount only gets some fake flight between a couple of cities you would never choose.

So where was he planning to go?? And with whom? And why?

I don't think he was going anywhere. I think it's just the excuse he came up with, honestly.

I don't believe he ever thought an investigation would happen, he was having to come up with this stuff on the spot. He's proven himself to be pretty dense, I doubt he could come up with a better explanation.

JMO

I don't think he was going anywhere. I think it's just the excuse he came up with, honestly.

I don't believe he ever thought an investigation would happen, he was having to come up with this stuff on the spot. He's proven himself to be pretty dense, I doubt he could come up with a better explanation.

JMO

So he spent $4000 to get miles. What did he spend it on? If it is *advertiser censored*, won't the charges show that?

Or do you think it was cash withdrawals?

I have known pathological liars and they do not even consider that their lies make no sense.

People are polite or whatever and do not call liars out.

I accidentally asked a woman a question once about what she was saying because it made no sense. She is the SIL of one of my good friends. I had no idea that she was a liar.

I learned that the woman hated me after that.

I think these liars have no idea how ridiculous they sound

Cobb County is pretty conservative. IMHO, at the very least his lawyers would try to move the trial to DeKalb or Fulton Counties, also in the Atlanta area. However, I don't think venue will ever be an issue because he will plea out waaaay before then.

Sent from my iPhone

Beginning to sound like whatever it was, his wife was not in agreement with or didn't know until after the fact. Airplane miles are a ridiculous reason to run up debt. Just buy a couple of tickets!

So he spent $4000 to get miles. What did he spend it on? If it is *advertiser censored*, won't the charges show that?

I have known pathological liars and they do not even consider that their lies make no sense.

I accidentally asked a woman a question once about what she was saying because it made no sense. She is the SIL of one of my good friends. I had no idea that she was a liar.

He was probably just purchasing impulse things he wanted, IMO. He had to explain the debt, and to him it probably looked better to give a "purpose" (airline miles) to the accumulated debt for such impulse buys.

We had a credit card (since cancelled, we don't prefer credit) that gave us 1 airline mile for every $15. That would be 266 miles on $4000. That amount of money is not enough to get you anywhere. Even for a low rating hotel room, you need more. I think we got 6 cents per mile for hotel points or something paltry like that.

Yes. Just like his outburst at them in the parking lot that ended up with him in handcuffs for his "F-you" comment. And just like his being incredulous that he was being questioned by the police. "why am I in trouble" "Why am I being punished for this?" Casey and Cindy also had that kind of behavior. Bald faced lies with a straight face and infuriated at anyone that dared call them out on the ridiculousness of their nonsensical statements. I guess they expect people to just believe them regardless of facts and if people dont and confront them they become unhinged or obtuse in the face of it.

I checked the Cobb County court calendar; there is nothing showing for any future court date yet.

http://www.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.org/courts/CRCalendar.htm

Also, I thought it was interesting when I looked at the Cobb County jail site, that JRH has no attorney of record. I wonder if Maddox Kilgore was just for the bond hearing. There was a local article about JRH's lawyer's "small firm" getting death threats, but the article didn't specify the name of the law firm.

If Kilgore was court appointed I don't think he has a chance in hell of getting out of this case, short of a medical issue. From all accounts he is a great, competent, lawyer (even though I don't think he had a great PCH).

But Kilgore, being experienced and competent, lessens the chance the state has to deal with an appeal based on RH's representation (in the case of a trial and conviction).

And I think the State believes that it has a strong enough case to overcome Kilgore's reputation as a defense attorney (especially with mental illness defenses).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member