GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No one ever said it was the result of a "click through" abd that search isn't what got him arrested.

2. Why should we believe his words? He said he hasn't been at at the car. He already lied. I have the exact same vehicle and I can CLEARLY see a child in the rear facing seat. Not to mention the smell he would encoutner.

3. The timing makes all the difference. Anytime you have a day a child dies and unusually timed events transpire...that is HUGE.

4. It can cause doubt to his innocence, and prompt an investigation. Certain things can suggest staging and lies.

5. LE said the smell was overwhelming. How could smell NOT come into play, when the father says he had no idea, and then drove with an unbearable death smell?

~ bbm

See, there we go with the loathsome msm quote i biotched about in my prior post lol. We have no idea whether he said he hadn't been at the car unless I missed something in the past few hours. The msm reported that there was an "inconsistency" between him going to the car and the car being unattended all day. We don't know what LE asked, specifically, and what the defendant said in response, specifically. He may very well have denied going out to his car. But we don't know that yet for sure.

I agree. If they want to charge him for this neglect then so be it -- but that's not what they're doing. LE has stated that there is something more "sinister" here and that it "shocks the conscience".

If I understand your reasoning there is no difference in neglect that causes a broken arm or the death of a child...it's just neglect.

1.) That "search" is rumored and could be the result of a click-through and we don't know when it transpired.

2.) It is extremely plausible that he put an item in the car and did not see the child. ...AND it has been reported that he did state this fact in interview.

3.) If it was planned, he would have been better off with the mother going to daycare and getting the child. That timing makes no difference in this case.

4.) Where he pulled over and his state of mind and denial have no bearing on his guilt or innocence.

5.) I'm not sure where the smell of the car comes in. I have researched this case and am unaware of a smell issue.

It is most plausible that this is simply another hot car incident.

As to the smell, you should watch the presser from yesterday... the car stank to high heavens when officers arrived.

The "search" information came from LE... it was not a rumor. It was not a click through, someone searched on "how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car"...

The fact that he waited a couple of miles to pull over considering how LE said the car smelled, definitely has bearing.. perhaps not to you, but obviously to LE.

It's not necessarily plausible that he didn't notice something off when he went to the car depending on the time... the smell would have alerted him.

LE seems to disagree and says this is more than a simple negligence case, and their evidence supports it (so they say)

I agree. If they want to charge him for this neglect then so be it -- but that's not what they're doing. LE has stated that there is something more "sinister" here and that it "shocks the conscience".

Actually, by dropping the first degree cruelty charge down to second degree, they are now saying it's neglect. Criminal neglect, specifically. Not merely negligent neglect. But, as you say, what LE is leaking to the media and/or what the msm is printing definitely continues to imply something far worse, imo.

If I understand your reasoning there is no difference in neglect that causes a broken arm or the death of a child...it's just neglect.

A broken arm can't demand a MURDER charge that carries a mandatory life sentence.

I don't think you understand what you are saying.

A broken arm can't demand a MURDER charge that carries a mandatory life sentence.

I don't think you understand what you are saying.

I was replying to another poster that said the only charge should be neglect.

IMO it's like having a built in swimming pool...sending your two year old out to play...while you nap....knowing they're prone to jumping in the pool and can't swim. Sinks like a rock.

The child jumps in and drowns....that's all you!

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me clarify... I was saying that if LE wanted to prosecute this case on the negligence of leaving a child in the car...and even murder...based on an oversight then they may do that...sure. But there is an assertion that some sinister intent was at play. I hope that was clearer.

~ bbm

See, there we go with the loathsome msm quote i biotched about in my prior post lol. We have no idea whether he said he hadn't been at the car unless I missed something in the past few hours. The msm reported that there was an "inconsistency" between him going to the car and the car being unattended all day. We don't know what LE asked, specifically, and what the defendant said in response, specifically. He may very well have denied going out to his car. But we don't know that yet for sure.

I read that he said that he did not attend his vehicle during the day.

I will try to find it, hopefully I'm not mixing up words.

I read that he said that he did not attend his vehicle during the day.

I will try to find it, hopefully I'm not mixing up words.

I read that as well.

~ bbm

Well we do know LE will ask the same question like a dozen times in a dozen different ways. jmo

How do we get a sticky for the top of each thread with just official documents?

Hell... I guess this guy really is un-defendable...I can't imagine he did this purposefully. It's as though I am in a sort of denial and can't bring myself to come to terms with this. There really may be something more sinister... but I've seen many of murderers get bail...the no bail thing still has me perplexed.

Honestly, for me, the clincher is the timeline. Left house, drove to Chick fil a, placed child into car at Chick fil a, drove about half a mile to work...and seemingly FORGOT his child in a matter of minutes? Minimal minutes. Not 30 minutes or even ten or fifteen minutes...I think the current consensus is 4 minutes. Sorry, but I'd still be feeling the straps of the harness in my hands at four minutes. The child would be awake and jabbering (as is noted in the obituary--he loved saying bye to vehicles they passed). Forgot to do what was his normal everyday routine with a vocal toddler minutes after strapping him into a car seat? Doubtful.

Those reported facts, along with the fact that it has been reported that officers immediately knew there was more to this story (I would think the smell played a part in their immediate suspicion) make me think this is not mere parental negligence.

If they have information, it's probably coming from him. I won't hang my hat on that. They aren't going to outline their case for the family.

Well of course maybe not the entire case but I know for a fact family of victims, especially ones not under investigation, are kept in the loop and notified of evidence as it comes up more times than not. The police said they are in contact with her and she has been cooperating. If they are trying to get more on him police are not above telling spouses information in effort to prompt responses that push the case forward. If you think she is only getting her information from Ross I would strongly have to disagree.

The autopsy conducted on the boy suggested the manner of death was a homicide, Cobb County police said late Wednesday afternoon, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. "The Cobb County Medical Examiner's Office is waiting for toxicology test results before making an official ruling as to the cause and manner of death," police said in a written statement. "However, the Cobb County Medical Examiner believes the cause of death is consistent with hyperthermia and the investigative information suggests the manner of death is homicide."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/06/evidence_in_case_against_georg.html

Honestly, for me, the clincher is the timeline. Left house, drove to Chick fil a, placed child into car at Chick fil a, drove about half a mile to work...and seemingly FORGOT his child in a matter of minutes? Minimal minutes. Not 30 minutes or even ten or fifteen minutes...I think the current consensus is 4 minutes. Sorry, but I'd still be feeling the straps of the harness in my hands at four minutes. The child would be awake and jabbering (as is noted in the obituary--he loved saying bye to vehicles they passed). Forgot to do what was his normal everyday routine with a vocal toddler minutes after strapping him into a car seat? Doubtful.

Those reported facts, along with the fact that it has been reported that officers immediately knew there was more to this story (I would think the smell played a part in their immediate suspicion) make me think this is not mere parental negligence.

Bingo!
Toss in that internet search... I'm all the way there...

Well of course maybe not the entire case but I know for a fact family of victims, especially ones not under investigation, are kept in the loop and notified of evidence as it comes up more times than not. The police said they are in contact with her and she has been cooperating. If they are trying to get more on him police are not above telling spouses information in effort to prompt responses that push the case forward. If you think she is only getting her information from Ross I would strongly have to disagree.

We don't know at this point if the wife was in someway involved. I seriously doubt they would be giving her OR her attorney internal info. FWIW. TTTB. :loveyou:

If her intent was to grab files and leave quickly when she got out of her car, then SHE KNEW HER BABY WAS IN THAT CAR when she left it. She didn't "forget" about the baby until after she got inside. It is illegal and morally reprehensible to KNOWINGLY leave an infant alone in a car, even if it is locked....even if it is "just for 5 minutes."

I know you intended for this cautionary tale about your beloved mentor to engender sympathy, but I find this woman repugnant and lacking in priorities. Take 30 seconds to unbuckle your baby and take him with you, for Christ's sake! Is that so hard? What a selfish woman! You would have been better off claiming that she thought she dropped her baby off because of the "extra stop" or "unexpected change in routine" that supporters of this dad keep spouting off about.

Agreed - TAKE THE BABY WITH YOU. I told this story before, but when we lived in the mountains, there was a local small grocery store. This IDIOT woman left her car running, unlocked, and with a child in the carrier. I sat by her car (knowing her baby was cool and it wasn't hot) and totally gave her the riot act (do you know I could have just popped in your car and drove away). You know what the stupid B told me? F you. If you ask why I didn't call the cops - they had to come from down the slope, and would take 1/2 an hour. She was only in there for about 5 minutes, but that was 5 minutes too long IMHO. I am just glad I was there to watch over the little one.

I really hate people sometimes!

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads