GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can come close to intent, then LE is being too easy with Felony Murder. If they have something more sinister, they should proceed with Capital Murder and pursue the death penalty.

Again, they believe something more sinister is at work, and are looking for motive.

Wife was interviewed the evening Cooper died per LE at the presser. It was not stated where that interview took place nor any detail provided about what came from that interview.

Why would they? They have no obligation to present their evidence to the public. They have already stated they will not release evidence unless they feel they need to. In a statement yesterday, they said this won't be played out publicly. That's why I think there are no leaks today. They buckled down and won't let it be that way.

To be clear, they said they believe something more sinister is going on and are investigating to motive. It's been a week and the autopsy was just returned. I have a feeling this will be a slow moving case that requires very deep digging.

I certainly don't fault them for not releasing what they know - in fact, I kind of fault them for releasing what they do know at this point.

I said they have intimated they have sinister evidence the public doesn't know yet.

I stand by that - they have communicated to the public they have sinister evidence that only they know about at this time.

That remains to be seen if that's true.

They cannot charge him with "whatever they want". If police see probable cause that a crime has been committed, they can make an arrest. A report then goes to a prosecutor who decides what criminal charges to file, if any. There are many people involved in deciding what charges there might be and if they have enough evidence to bring a case to trial.

MOO

I think we've all seen cases where the intent was to murder the child. Sometimes it's through a brutal beating that no one even attempts to cover up, (except after the fact when they claim the child fell off the couch), or whether it's planned in advance as in poisoning deaths.

I don't usually see members of the family surprised. Usually pretty quickly - VERY quickly - the family abandons the person who killed the child. And it's obvious, and everyone knows it.

That's the thing here.

I can't think of a single case where a parent killed a child on purpose, and the family as a whole stood by the person in disbelief. (There must be some. I can't think of any).

Most families stand behind their loved ones until the proof lingers with them more than denial. It's completely normal that a week after the death of their baby, they would believe him. In fact, in cases like there I would feel shocked if family immediately removed their support only a week in.

I certainly don't fault them for not releasing what they know - in fact, I kind of fault them for releasing what they do know at this point.

I said they have intimated they have sinister evidence the public doesn't know yet.

I stand by that - they have communicated to the public they have sinister evidence that only they know about at this time.

That remains to be seen if that's true.

So your statement serves what purpose as to the innocence of this man?

Again, they believe something more sinister is at work, and are looking for motive.

In your experience (I ask because it certainly isn't in mine) is it typical for a prosecutor to charge someone with a crime if "they believe something more sinister is at work and are looking for a motive"?

During the early stages of an investigation, have you ever seen where a person has been charged with the maximum that they believe they might possibly find - based on an appearance of something being basically "hinky feeling"?

I'm still just in shock with how this has proceeded.

Looks like a Nifong job, actually. Predatory prosecution. Charging him, releasing some very damning appearing (that's appearing) information to the public with no real details and then having him sit in jail with no bail during this baby's funeral.

I can't get this bad taste out of my mouth for how this has proceeded.

Why would they? They have no obligation to present their evidence to the public. They have already stated they will not release evidence unless they feel they need to. In a statement yesterday, they said this won't be played out publicly. That's why I think there are no leaks today. They buckled down and won't let it be that way.

To be clear, they said they believe something more sinister is going on and are investigating to motive. It's been a week and the autopsy was just returned. I have a feeling this will be a slow moving case that requires very deep digging.

That's funny because they had press conferences and have provided quotes to media from day one. Its playing out publicly as we speak due to them and the witness interviews. Since suspect is already in custody these leaks all helped the DA. Only helped him actually. Just look at how the tables turned in their favor by leaking info here and there. Many people who were holding out that it could have been an accident changed there mind, especially if they only read headlines and lets not forget that pesky petition to the DA was closed and taken down. Trust me they know what they are doing. Police and media help each other out. Happens with every case they just like to play games.

This is a very unpopular concept with most outside of the legal field, but no one should ever speak to LE or consent to anything without first invoking the right to an attorney. It's not about guilt or innocence, it's about not allowing this sort of shenanigans to begin in the first place. Please aid LE under the advisement and presence of an attorney.

1.) That "search" is rumored and could be the result of a click-through and we don't know when it transpired.It was a leaked LE source from what I read.

2.) It is extremely plausible that he put an item in the car and did not see the child. ...AND it has been reported that he did state this fact in interviewDo you have a link for this?

3.) If it was planned, he would have been better off with the mother going to daycare and getting the child. That timing makes no difference in this case.I disagree, he wanted /needed control over the "discovery" of Cooper.

4.) Where he pulled over and his state of mind and denial have no bearing on his guilt or innocence. It absolutely does, I believe it was reported, his behavior raised suspicion.

5.) I'm not sure where the smell of the car comes in. I have researched this case and am unaware of a smell issue.It was reported responders smelled a strong odor in vehicle

It is most plausible that this is simply another hot car incident.
As of now, IMO, the evidence is pointing to non-accidental.

this thread does not move along but flies!
has any motive being established, why the father would harm this cute baby?
go in peace cooper, you are in safe hands now but i am sorry you had to go through the fear.

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

So your statement serves what purpose as to the innocence of this man?

It has nothing to do with whether he is innocent or guilty. There was no hidden agenda to my post.

They have attempted to make it pretty clear to the public that they've found something very damning that they haven't clued the public in to yet.

That's the entirety of my point. That in the final analysis, I will be very curious to see and read what made the cop - that first night - make that statement about how he's rattled as a father and grandfather. What that is, that he hasn't shared.

Wife was interviewed the evening Cooper died per LE at the presser. It was not stated where that interview took place nor any detail provided about what came from that interview.

Officer Bowman said in the press conference that the mother was interviewed at headquarters.

It has nothing to do with whether he is innocent or guilty. There was no hidden agenda to my post.

They have attempted to make it pretty clear to the public that they've found something very damning that they haven't clued the public in to yet.

That's the entirety of my point. That in the final analysis, I will be very curious to see and read what made the cop - that first night - make that statement about how he's rattled as a father and grandfather. What that is, that he hasn't shared.

You seem to be implying through thinly veiled statements, because evidence hasn't been released it does not exist.

If you saw something that shook you to your core, would you be running of to the media and having a chit chat about what that was? That information is part of their investigation. Not only would most people not want to elaborate, it's not in the best interest of LE if he doesn't. People were ripping them a new one, I think that cop was just saying it was not a normal kid in car situation. Eventually, you want the public to understand you are not trying to railroad someone. I don't blame him for saying that, and I don't blame LE if they are allowing small leaks.

You seem to be implying through thinly veiled statements, because evidence hasn't been released it does not exist.

If you saw something that shook you to your core, would you be running of to the media and having a chit chat about what that was? That information is part of their investigation. Not only would most people not want to elaborate, it's not in the best interest of LE if he does.

Maybe I'm not communicating very well. I'm not "thinly veiling" anything - I'm stating it plainly.

I'm curious what he knows/believes he knows that has rattled him to the core, and caused the DA to charge this man before the autopsy was even done.

That's what I want to know, when the time is right. What has rattled the father and grandfather in him, and justified keeping this man in jail with no bail.

What he knows, that he hasn't released yet.

There's no thin veiling here - I am curious, after all this is over, what it is they're not saying.

What about if you fall asleep on the couch and the child opens the door, walks out and jumps in the pool. Same charge?

My biggest pet peeve, a parent who goes to sleep with toddlers on the loose and, no, I have never done that.

They cannot charge him with "whatever they want". If police see probable cause that a crime has been committed, they can make an arrest. A report then goes to a prosecutor who decides what criminal charges to file, if any. There are many people involved in deciding what charges there might be and if they have enough evidence to bring a case to trial.

MOO

They aren't supposed to but it happens all the time. This is an example ... And before people flip out and flame me note I didn't think she was innocent just the charging bothered me because it was shady in my opinion ... Jody Arias ... The first degree premeditated murder charge was obvioudly valid. However, I don'tlike the fact that the prosecutor doubled down just to push the death penalty by also charging her with felony murder incase the jury couldn't agree on first degree. A murder took place not a death while a felony commenced. He let her in to his home. She spent the night they took pics. She didnt break in. They tried to spin it like once she stabbed him the first time its safe to assume she was no longer welcome in his home so therefore she was trespassing and that's a felony offense. Come on.... Evidence should hold up on its own. Over charging is a huge problem in this country and in the Arias case it wasnt even needed. Its just gross to think someone wants to insure the DP by adding a flimsy extra charge in there as back up.

Officer Bowman said in the press conference that the mother was interviewed at headquarters.

On another forum I frequent it was questioned what the marriage was like and if separation/divorce was imminent may have played a part in the dad's actions/in actions.

You're communicating just fine. Don't be derailed by a dissecting debate approach.

I'm not dissecting anyone, I am participating in a forum. If you don't like what I say, than you don't have to. However, it's really childish to have conversations about conversations..and not what the thread is about.

In fact, it's disrespectful to the deceased child that this thread SHOULD be about.

sitting on my hands - will post later when I have adjusted my big girl panties. Hard to post responsibly at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892