GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry that you have to live with the stresses of single motherhood. I'm not defending anything. I can assure you that hot car deaths do happen quite often. I'm not sure if it relates to any specific cluster B personality disorders such as narcissism. I have seven children and I've left one or another most everywhere, but I've been fortunate. I'm just an advocate at heart. That's how I function. I don't know this man nor am I defending any aspect of his actions. I am simply speculating. Maybe I can jump into your corner someday... Advocacy is a double-edged sword and I've found myself eating my hat on many occasions. I just want to believe that this world is a better place than it is... I'm sometimes right. :). Oh!... And I have a deep seated mistrust of the criminal justice system...and that probably is just some sort of paranoia --- but it's a crippling paranoia that I must try and live with one day at a time. :)

I understand the distrust of the criminal justice system. There are major problems with it. [modsnip]

I look at facts. The facts generally speak for themselves. Yes, sometimes those facts make it obvious that LE is wrong and an innocent person is being railroaded. For example, Tonya Craft and the recent Steiniger/Weiner case. Most times, however, the arrest and charging of an innocent, middle class white person is rare. And the arrest of the dad here, based on the little that has been reported, shows this dude has likely done something horrible to his child, other than forgetting him in the car.

Oh, and as to hot car deaths, those actually do not happen often. An average of 38 kids per year die in this country from such events. But we have a population of 314 million. About 62 million are kids. So the percentage is so small it can almost not be quantified.

Of course it happens. It's just that common sense tells it didn't happen here.
1. The guy apparently searched on his computer, days before he claims his child died in a hot car, how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car.
2. The man forgot his only child in 3 minutes.
3. The man claimed he never went back to his car until the end of work. But cameras show otherwise.
4. The police arrested him very quickly, and charged him with felony murder, which is unusual in these cases.

it was just a question Karmandy - I didn't know one way or the other -- thanks for clearing that up

Sorry if I sounded strident about it. I'm just mind blown that the statement in the OP was made in the first place. People generally do not have an obligation to render aid. I don't know what Georgia law is with respect to parents. I'm guessing they have an obligation to provide medical care on a reasonable basis. If so, I doubt that it would come in to play here because the issues of abuse, neglect, etc. far and away subsume the medical care issue. In other words, I think it's completely irrelevant.

I understand the distrust of the criminal justice system. There are major problems with it. But that's mostly of you're a poor, dark-skinned minority, which doesn't apply here.

I look at facts. The facts generally speak for themselves. Sometimes those facts make it obvious that LE is wrong and an innocent person is being railroaded. For example, Tonya Craft and the recent Steiniger/Weiner case. Most times, however, the arrest and charging of an innocent, middle class white person is rare. And the arrest of the dad here, based on the little that has been reported, shows this dude has likely done something horrible to his child, other than forgetting him in the car.

Oh, and as to hot car deaths, those actually do not happen often. An average of 38 kids per year die in this country from such events. But we have a population of 314 million. About 62 million are kids. So the percentage is so small it can almost not be quantified.

1. The guy apparently searched on his computer, days before he claims his child died in a hot car, how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car.
3. The man claimed he never went back to his car until the end of work. But cameras show otherwise.
4. The police arrested him very quickly, and charged him with felony murder, which is unusual in these cases.

1. and 3. are not facts. They're inferences from LE leaks. And they charged him with first degree child neglect (from which felony murder follows, not vice versa as I'm sure you know) and then downgraded it to second degree child neglect, which requires criminal negligence, although the felony murder charge still applies because second degree child neglect is still a felony. jmo

I am not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but the ''video'' (you tube) confuses me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac3RAOPSRZw&feature=youtu.be

someone said in the first thread it was a political video on behalf of Vic Reynolds

last frame asks people to support RH (accused) by contacting the DA

who is Vic Reynolds

Vic Reynolds is a staunch animal advocate.....will be interesting to see how this is all handled vis a vis the ''how long does it take for animal to die in hot car" search

http://www.cobbcounty.org/index.php...a-top-10-animal-defender&catid=281&Itemid=449

lots of ''effort'' has gone into this campaign by anonymous.....(folks who were fundraising etc.)

I am not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but the ''video'' (you tube) confuses me

someone said in the first thread it was a political video on behalf of Vic Reynolds

last frame asks people to support RH (accused) by contacting the DA

who is Vic Reynolds

Vic Reynolds is a staunch animal advocate.....will be interesting to see how this is all handled vis a vis the ''how long does it take for animal to die in hot car" search

http://www.cobbcounty.org/index.php...a-top-10-animal-defender&catid=281&Itemid=449
I find the whole Vic Reynolds tv ads in light of the loss of a child tasteless. If he is up for or any kind of election, he isn't getting my vote by using the premeditated muder of a baby as any kind of platform.
How many days before that add went up?
It almost sounds like the entire thing was planned out for politics.
It's too strange.
moo

I find the whole Vic Reynolds tv ads in light of the loss of a child tasteless. If he is up for or any kind of election, he isn't getting my vote by using the premeditated muder of a baby as any kind of platform.
It's too strange.
moo

How long would his term be?
He was elected in 2012.....(republican)

I am unclear if HE did this or was it others you know what I mean??

Did you get a chance to see the video?

I thought it was pretty pathetic to remove responsibility from ''forgetful'' accused to car manufacturers ((my dad always said it was the loose nut behind the wheel not the car to blame for most accidents KWIM)

It's too strange.
moo

went up 23 June 2014 according to page on you tube

Now how weird is that?

1. places blame on the ''system''
2. suggests manufacturers could 'fix' this problem
3. this unfair penalty is going to cause hardship for poor RH and his family and propel them into bankruptcy
4. contact the DA
5. if you are a friend of RH let DA & RH know you will be a character witness for him

it's spooky to me......

oh yes and here's the best part

''if you are a friend of RH please write DA and support RH by being a character witness for him::

it's a four year term and incumbent took office in 2013 so he was elected in 2012...

I understand the distrust of the criminal justice system. There are major problems with it. But that's mostly if you're a poor, dark-skinned minority, which doesn't apply here.

I look at facts. The facts generally speak for themselves. Yes, sometimes those facts make it obvious that LE is wrong and an innocent person is being railroaded. For example, Tonya Craft and the recent Steiniger/Weiner case. Most times, however, the arrest and charging of an innocent, middle class white person is rare. And the arrest of the dad here, based on the little that has been reported, shows this dude has likely done something horrible to his child, other than forgetting him in the car.

Could you provide a link for number 1? I haven't been able to find a timeframe for the internet search. Thanks!!

Could you provide a link for number 1? I haven't been able to find a timeframe for the internet search. Thanks!!

Not OP but I haven't seen a date in MSM. Hopefully we will get the details on the internet search during his court appearance next week, along with other details on the case.

DO we even know the ad went up as presented with Reynolds knowledge or permission? Or did an overzealous Harris supporter created the ad themselves - hence associating Reynolds with this case without his permission?

Because for Reynolds to insert himself into a criminal situation would appear to be political suicide to me.

When 11Alive's Ryan Kruger tested it on Thursday, the drive from the Chick-fil-A to Harris' office took less than three minutes. Harris told police it was enough time for him to forget his son was in the backseat.

Cooper Harris's daycare is located at the Home Depot Corporate Headquarters off Paces Ferry Road. His father works at the Home Depot "Treehouse Office" located about a mile away on Cumberland Parkway.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/smyrna/2014/06/26/justin-harris-hot-car-death/11429745/

I've read every page of these threads and your scenario is the one that makes the most sense to me of all. I truly believe the child was left in the car accidentally but the dad remembered - probably too late - and his concern for appearances and self-preservation overrode his parental instinct to run screaming to the car as most would in that instance regardless if they already knew it would be in a futile effort to save the child. I just think he's one of those people who can and do love others but will always love themselves more and would rather concoct excuses for even the purest of accidents rather than admit to have been in any way at fault. This would have helped him remain detached enough to google and then try and come up with some plausible excuse that wouldn't reflect too badly on him. He bungled it by the visit to the car and his inability to keep his story consistent when he finally did report it IMO. Obviously this doesn't make the dad a particularly nice person, actually it makes him to me more than a little despicable, and he clearly deserves to pay whatever penalty is appropriate for his negligence, but it doesn't make this a premeditated murder either.

Tlcya and Nancy...thank you for these posts. They are very well thought out (brilliant), and deserve some type of WS award!!

Sorry, I don't know how to add tlyca's post and Nancy's together on the same post for reference...but if someone else does, please repost -- worth reading!!

DO we even know the ad went up as presented with Reynolds knowledge or permission? Or did an overzealous Harris supporter created the ad themselves - hence associating Reynolds with this case without his permission?

Because for Reynolds to insert himself into a criminal situation would appear to be political suicide to me.
Hello sleuths. New to this thread and while I tried to read a good bit of it last night, it just moves too fast right now for me to stay completely caught up but this video caught my attention enough to comment.

This is not a video FOR Vic Reynolds, it is for Harris and is trying to insinuate that Vic is using this case as a platform. This was done by a supporter of Harris. There was another one that went with the petition that had the same narrator. (I'll hunt for the link when I get back to a computer. Now that the petition has been pulled, it may be gone as well.)

Mr. Reynolds has had some big cases that he has either been an attorney on, or a judge. He actually was my instructor in the 90s for paralegal and legal nurse consulting classes and I think that while of course he's like every politician who wants to build a name for himself, he is a nice guy who cares about our county and the people in it. He, nor his staff, made this video. It's all Harris' people.

Hello sleuths. New to this thread and while I tried to read a good bit of it last night, it just moves too fast right now for me to stay completely caught up but this video caught my attention enough to comment.

This is not a video FOR Vic Reynolds, it is for Harris and is trying to insinuate that Vic is using this case as a platform. This was done by a supporter of Harris. There was another one that went with the petition that had the same narrator. (I'll hunt for the link when I get back to a computer. Now that the petition has been pulled, it may be gone as well.)

Mr. Reynolds has had some big cases that he has either been an attorney on, or a judge. He actually was my instructor in the 90s for paralegal and legal nurse consulting classes and I think that while of course he's like every politician who wants to build a name for himself, he is a nice guy who cares about our county and the people in it. He, nor his staff, made this video. It's all Harris' people.

thank you, that is what I suspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member