GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine would have probably been 'vocalizing' when I passed the daycare entrance. KIds know the usual routines, and speak up when things affecting them change. It is hard for me to believe that a 22 month old boy, that is wide awake, and waiting to go play with his friends, is going to be so silent that his Dad totally forgets he exists.

Truthfully a little boy would usually be pretty cheerful looking forward to playing other little boys at the day care -- pretty lonely being the only kid at home......and this little fella looked pretty chipper from what I could see.

I do not think that is SOP but do not think it is necessarily a deviation from what is allowed. I suspect they suspected foul play from the get go. They either

A wanted to distract him from his dramatic display and his interference with responders and give him some other task to focus on

and/or

B wanted to see how he would behave and handle that phone call to wife.
I agree. I don't think the standard protocol is for a phone call to be made from the scene. I would imagine LE would typically either visit the home or request the parent come to the hospital/police station (or the preferred location). Although, it could be as simple as JRH requesting to call his wife and they allowed that. IMO.

Yes, but we don't know when that search occurred... I think we all would like to know the timing of that search, which IMO, will make all the difference in the world. Considering they charged him after the office search, I'm assuming the search was that day... but we don't know that yet.

I don't think it matters much. Have you ever googled it? I haven't, Not until this case. It could be something he was thinking about for a long time.

Yes, but we don't know when that search occurred... I think we all would like to know the timing of that search, which IMO, will make all the difference in the world. Considering they charged him after the office search, I'm assuming the search was that day... but we don't know that yet.

as awful as this sounds:

SSI death benefits

spousal/child support state support laws

insurance claim forms for death

MOO & wild guess

Clem Beauchamp FL accused of drowning two children at Delray FL computer searches were benefits for child insurance policy payouts if in recall correctly (his trial later this year)

Why would he search for information on dogs dying in a hot car? I am sure he knew that Cooper would be dead by the end of the workday. I just don't get why he needed to know that, and why look it up on your work computer? But maybe that is the point. Perhaps he wants people to be confused. He wants us to wonder, why would he search for something so incriminating?

I'm puzzled. So not only is it ok to forget your kid, once you remember it's also ok to just leave him in the car and not call 911

I don't think it matters much. Have you ever googled it? I haven't, Not until this case. It could be something he was thinking about for a long time.

I think it matters a great deal. If he did it a month before, it could have just been a random search... if he googled it the morning his baby died in a hot car, and he googled how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car, that to me, is MUCH more incriminating. The timing of that search is going to do a lot for "reasonable doubt".

Why would he search for information on dogs dying in a hot car? I am sure he knew that Cooper would be dead by the end of the workday. I just don't get why he needed to know that, and why look it up on your work computer? But maybe that is the point. Perhaps he wants people to be confused. He wants us to wonder, why would he search for something so incriminating?

Maybe he went out there at lunch and thought he was not dead yet, and wondered when he would be. Panic could have set in, if he thought he was alive. I can hardly type that, because what kind of monster would do such a thing? UGH.

Another thing...being in IT he might have thought he could effectively erase his search.

Perhaps to know how long he needed to wait to "discover" him dead? Who knows why people do what they do. I think he put "animal" in the search rather than child, to throw people off if it was ever discovered... IMO.

I think it matters a great deal. If he did it a month before, it could have just been a random search... if he googled it the morning his baby died in a hot car, and he googled how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car, that to me, is MUCH more incriminating. The timing of that search is going to do a lot for "reasonable doubt".

It's JMO, but I really doubt they would have found much significance (or it would hold much merit in court) if a search was too far in the past.

Nah. Any search in the last say 6 months, All means the same thing. It is probably about him getting nerve up. It is too much of a coincidence.

Maybe he went out there at lunch and thought he was not dead yet, and wondered when he would be. Panic could have set in, if he thought he was alive. I can hardly type that, because what kind of monster would do such a thing? UGH.

Another thing...being in IT he might have thought he could effectively erase his search.

On his work computer, though? I don't know too much about this, but I would think it would be more difficult to remove the hard drive in an office environment. I know that Adam Lanza removed his hard drive, and LE still has no idea what was on his computer. I think working for IT, he would be more likely to know that he cannot just delete his history and expect LE not to find it.

It's JMO, but I really doubt they would have found much significance (or it would hold much merit in court) if a search was too far in the past.

I agree. I think he conducted the search the day Cooper died, but it would be nice to have that little tidbit of info

Something else that has been mentioned, but not discussed -

I read on here that LE said he needed to call his wife and let her know what was going on. Is this the process in Atlanta? Would this be done by phone call? Wouldn't LE have gone to the house, told her, and driven her to the police station, or hospital? If she had no knowledge, the shock of the call about her baby could be dangerous to her, and, if she drove herself somewhere, to everyone on the road. Plus, wouldn't they want to try and gauge her reaction?

I'm not saying I think she knew. I'm just wondering about that phone call. I know if I got a phone call like that, I'd pass out cold.

I was called from the scene by the friend who had been with my loved one and witnessed his accident. It was only after the corner's office got there and the police had finished questioning all witnesses that he asked if he could notify me personally. I think if you are in an accident or found alone with no one to identify you they may go to the house if they can but I would bet most get calls to come to the hospital or precinct.

Did someone here mention that dad's excuse for the computer search would be revealed on the 6 o'clock news? If so, what is it? TIA

I don't think this guy is a mastermind genius.
But, I could be wrong.

Perhaps to know how long he needed to wait to "discover" him dead? Who knows why people do what they do. I think he put "animal" in the search rather than child, to throw people off if it was ever discovered... IMO.

He could have discovered him dead at lunchtime or after work....Any time when he had a reason to go back to that car. I still don't get why he needed to make that incriminating search. It also doesn't make sense that he seriously thought searching for animal would throw LE off.

so do who KNOW there was a search? Because I thought we were just speculating about maybe he did a search that related to heat death in a closed space.

IF there was an actual computer search on his work devices relating to hyperthermia we got a locked up case IMO

Somebody clue me in, still catching up. Speculation on searches or fact that searches were done??

I don't think this guy is a mastermind genius.

You don't have to be a mastermind genius to realize that searching for "how long does it take an dog to die in a hot car" (or w/e it was) when you are murdering your child by leaving them in a hot car is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB