GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting tidbit. I just looked up his job on Home Depot's careers page. (Got his exact title from linkedin) and his position does not even require a high school diploma. I wonder why a guy with a degree was working that job for so long?

I'm not sure of the job market in the Atlanta metro and surrounding areas, but here, it is still struggling. We have a small IT business, and 10 out of 10 times hire based on real world experience vs a degree. I imagine that the Web Developers at Home Depot probably make a decent income.

He has a Bachelor of Science in MIS ;) That said, he may be a really bad IT guy...

How long ago would he have received that? A decade about? Think of how much technology has changed since then. If he didn't do anything to continuing learning, he could be REALLY outdated in his information. As I said, his job dos not even require a high school diploma. I don't think they are testing his knowledge.

I have no link but I could have sworn someone said he called his wife...not that the cops told him to.....IMO.

I also would like to know what he said to the officers that had them telling him to 'watch his mouth.' His child died and I would think they would give him some great leeway so this tells me he sure must have said something terrible.

Agreed - that was my understanding. Again I honestly don't find this to be an issue. I was called and informed this way. I then had to call many family members and provide the bad news. I think it would be stranger if he asked someone to call and tell his wife for him unless they were arresting him at the scene.

I don't think this guy is a mastermind genius.
But, I could be wrong.

You don't have to be a mastermind genius to murder another human being. You don't even have to be a perfect parent, as I have learned on WS. I was on the fence, holding up to the fence by a nail my pants got caught on.:twocents:

Bless this baby Cooper in heaven.

Here comes Mr. Sexy Peter Odom, Nancy will "getum":loveyou:

I'm not sure of the job market in the Atlanta metro and surrounding areas, but here, it is still struggling. We have a small IT business, and 10 out of 10 times hire based on real world experience vs a degree. I imagine that the Web Developers at Home Depot probably make a decent income.

I don't think jobs that don't require at least a diploma and and years of experience can demand a decent income. Essentially, he is doing a job he could have done out of high school. Entry level jobs don't command good salaries. Unless he got large raises along the way, but I would expect some sort of title change maybe. Who knows

How long ago would he have received that? A decade about? Think of how much technology has changed since then. If he didn't do anything to continuing learning, he could be REALLY outdated in his information. As I said, his job dos not even require a high school diploma. I don't think they are testing his knowledge.

According to Linkedin, he graduated in 2012

I don't think jobs that don't require at least a diploma and and years of experience can demand a decent income. Essentially, he is doing a job he could have done out of high school. Entry level jobs don't command good salaries. Unless he got large raises along the way, but I would expect some sort of title change maybe. Who knows

I assure you in IT, that isn't the case. They would not have hired you right out of high school unless you could do the job. Most people right out of high school aren't fluent in the coding necessary to develop a HUGE e-commerce site. While a high school diploma is not a prerequisite, experience is. A software engineer is NOT an entry level job.

Agreed - that was my understanding. Again I honestly don't find this to be an issue. I was called and informed this way. I then had to call many family members and provide the bad news. I think it would be stranger if he asked someone to call and tell his wife for him unless they were arresting him at the scene.

ditto

your experience echoes my own

You don't have to be a mastermind genius to murder another human being. You don't even have to be a perfect parent, as I have learned on WS. I was on the fence, holding up to the fence by a nail my pants got caught on.:twocents:

Bless this baby Cooper in heaven.

Here comes Mr. Sexy Peter Odom, Nancy will "getum":loveyou:

Of course not.
Just don't think he would be investigated or his office computer searched. He under estimated LE.

I assure you in IT, that isn't the case. They would not have hired you right out of high school unless you could do the job. Most people right out of high school aren't fluent in the coding necessary to develop a HUGE e-commerce site. While a high school diploma is not a prerequisite, experience is. A software engineer is NOT an entry level job.

Given devil his due.....I read earlier that he was well regarded at work and had received inhouse recognition and somewhere that he had received pay raises.

According to Linkedin, he graduated in 2012

I don't think this means much. I graduated from college with 2 associate degrees and a certificate last month, and I got a job a few weeks ago that pays over $4 less per hour than the job I had immediately before going to college. It's pretty common in this economy to expect to have to slide back a bit (quite a bit sometimes) and then work your way back up.

Not saying I'm happy about it!!

Nancy Grace: She has an eye witness on the show and he said tot dad was acting strangely and that he heard the police tell Harris "you better watch what you're saying" and shortly afterward they handcuffed tot dad. Witness said Harris was walking in circles and pulling limbs off a tree. He thought it was strange that Harris didn't drive child to hospital or dial 911 himself.

Would love to know what time Bubba googled how long it takes for dogs to die in the heat in autos. Would think a MIS guy would not leave his prints on the hard drive.

Nancy Grace: She has an eye witness on the show and he said tot dad was acting strangely and that he heard the police tell Harris "you better watch what you're saying" and shortly afterward they handcuffed tot dad. Witness said Harris was walking in circles and pulling limbs off a tree. He thought it was strange that Harris didn't drive child to hospital or dial 911 himself.

Would love to know what time Bubba googled how long it takes for dogs to die in the heat in autos. Would think a MIS guy would not leave his prints on the hard drive.

Do we have to call him "tot dad"? Is Nancy calling him that... Its a joke already

Can I link to home depot's page? A SENIOR software engineer requires a bachelors. His position (unless his linkedin profile is not up to date) requires that he be over 18 and..."the knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED."

An interesting note: My husband has dealt with developers in the Dallas office and said they are trained at Home Depot and have coding prompts. (Which may be why they can take people with minimal education.) The web develops there ARE entry level, they are taught the coding in house. I have no idea if it's the same in Atlanta, I just wanted to add that.

Harris Route Map

Thank you to whomever posted this originally. I figured dad stopped for breakfast on the way to work, but clearly he went PAST work for breakfast. Also, he said he pulled into the mall on his way home when he realized the baby was in the back? The mall is NOT on the drive home. Hmmmm.

This is my question and we won't know 'cause they can't tell us.
How did he react all day at work....how did his co-workers describe his demeanor. Worried? Nervous? Jumpy? Calm? What???

This is my question and we won't know 'cause they can't tell us.
How did he react all day at work....how did his co-workers describe his demeanor. Worried? Nervous? Jumpy? Calm? What???

^^^^ THAT ^^^^ is what I want to know! :banghead:

Can I link to home depot's page? A SENIOR software engineer requires a bachelors. His position (unless his linkedin profile is not up to date) requires that he be over 18 and..."the knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED."

Not necessary, I believe that it says that. I'm simply saying that if he didn't have HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc experience, he wouldn't have gotten the job of web developer. What the website says is one thing, but a corporation like Home Depot isn't teaching people how to become developers and how to write scripts. I was only saying that just because a job doesn't require a high school diploma doesn't mean it is entry level. The only requirement we have of our engineers is based on real world experience and references, and they make anywhere between $52K and $80K a year... while we may not require a certain education level, being able to perform the job is crucial. And most kids out of high school aren't writing complex scripts.

ETA-I just saw your edit, and I'm not familiar with how HD runs their in house development, so that very well may be the case. But in this economy, he probably took what he could find. I highly doubt the position pays minimum wage... and would imagine he probably does pretty well. I don't know many web developers that don't make a decent wage.

Now I'm confuzzled.
How can the manner be considered consistent with homicide?
anyone??

Because it's referred to as preliminary. I can't be positive, but I don't think they make the absolute and final ruling until toxicology is complete, therefore the entire autopsy is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24