GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's indicated in the charges. They've reduced the charges to indicate felony neglectful care that resulted in death, instead of a charge that required intent to murder as the charge was originally announced.

Had a legal expert on HLN and he said with current charge if convicted they will push for execution which is legal in Georgia.

His biggest mistake was going to the auto at lunch. Will be hard to explain how he didn't notice the stench of his son's body. He might not be in the big mess if he pulled the child out at that point and used the same excuse. But once he went back to the auto and refused to acknowledge child was there the cards started falling.

It doesn't seem like a very well thought out plan either. Wonder what was going on in marriage/life to cause him to snap.

DTAOOC. MOO.

MOO I'm leaning towards either huge marital problems ie divorce or possibly the child not being his...again IMOO.

Another question (promise I will be quiet soon,lol) Why no bond? This is bugging me......no bond. There has to be a good reason no?

Are you aware that the Red Cross teaches you to do that? To say to the crowd, "call 911" while you attempt to deal with the emergency?

I don't know why he didn't notice anything at noon - but it's likely it didn't smell that bad at that time. I think we all remember in the Scott Peterson trial, one cop said the house reeked of bleach and the others didn't notice it. I wonder what the other witnesses would say about how the car smelled. I also remember in the CoralRose Fullwood case some cops described the house as filthy and unlivable, and others didn't agree.

Although sometimes it appears people would have to notice something, that's not always the case.

Even if he didn't notice at noon, he would have noticed at 4:15 when he got in his car... and NOT have waited until a couple miles down the road. Considering LE said the car stank to high heaven.

Ok, I have no facts and am merely asking hypothetical questions here:

Was there evidence of prior physical child abuse on this toddler (i.e. cigarette burns, bruises) noted at the crime scene? doesn't appear that way

Was there insurance on this child and are the parents in debt? doesn't appear that way

Is there a girlfriend in the picture or any talk of divorce between the parents?
doesn't appear that way

Was there any sort of odd, criminal, or deviant behavior in this Dad's youth (torturing cats, runaway, starting fires, etc)? doesn't appear that way

Does the Dad have gambling debts or drug addiction? doesn't appear that way

I truly hope this was negligence on the Dad's part and not something more nefarious. But the alarms are gently buzzing, iykwim? :scared:

Prayers to the family and may this toddler rest with the angels.

Responses in italics. Sorry to have had the same response for every question, but there has been no indication of any of the things you have concerns about. The opposite, actually, if lifelong friends are to be believed.

I was just explaining why the first degree felony was dropped. With the evidence at this time, they don't have enough to prove premeditation. They have said they have not found a motive so far. It does not mean they don't believe this was premeditated, and I guarantee you they will look at everything to determine that. They just can't charge him with the first degree, if they don't have the proof now.

Sorry, didn't mean to seem snarky. I actually agree with you was only adding my 2 cents.

Was there evidence of prior physical child abuse on this toddler (i.e. cigarette burns, bruises) noted at the crime scene?

Was there insurance on this child and are the parents in debt?

Is there a girlfriend in the picture or any talk of divorce between the parents?

Was there any sort of odd, criminal, or deviant behavior in this Dad's youth (torturing cats, runaway, starting fires, etc)?

Does the Dad have gambling debts or drug addiction?

I truly hope this was negligence on the Dad's part and not something more nefarious. But the alarms are gently buzzing, iykwim? :scared:

I think those are questions we would ALL like answers to...

I appreciate your staunch position JeannaT

I don't agree but do appreciate how strongly you feel on the issue.

Thank you for always keeping me balanced and watchful for bias

Hi everyone...been a while since I have chimed in on anything but I just had to make the one observation that keeps going around and around in my mind....I have raised 3 boys and now have a 3 year old granddaughter, from the moment they all started chattering and then talking they never hushed in the car unless it was nap time which was not before 9 am. I just cannot imagine the child being so quiet that dad forgot him. Of course he could have fell asleep but in the few minutes from Chik Fila to work I say no way. Such another tragic story of a child dying at the hands of one that should love him the most! :please::please:

when my oldest was 3 and actually still does this.. She would play and was totally content in her seat. She would freak out if I got out walked away and didn't come back but if she was rear facing it might take her a minute to realize I wasn't getting out to get her out if that makes sense. They can't see you in the front seat unless you have a mirror set up so these kids are use to entertaining themselves to a degree. I'm big on talking to my kids in the car but not everyone does I guess

I'm still unsure regarding the intent issue and I don't think they have evidence to support it. Doesn't add up. Other than an Internet search that they don't know (as of now) when it was entered, there is nothing to imply his actions were calculated or premeditated as far as causing his sons death. Taking him to breakfast just to kill him? And taking him inside the restaurant to be seen with him to boot. Now if they hadn't paid the daycare bill and couldn't afford to pay it so Ross decided to keep in the car and he fed him to keep him happy and leave him to sleep thinking he would be ok that would almost make more sense. Everything just seems so senseless and far removed from this man's known character. I just keep thinking it had to have been an accident and like a fool he didnt want to admit to people he left the kid in the car and that he died on his watch. If the child is already dead and you are the only one who knows you can try to convince yourself of anything. Clearly he wouldn't have been in his right mind. His actions at the scene at the very least reflect a desperate man filled with fear,anger and at times sorrow. I think he should go to jail I just can't get on board with him setting out to purposely kill his child. If this was a man with a plan I highly doubt he would be flipping out on police to the point of them having to cuff him and out him in a car for close to 90 mins ( as reported I believe on JVM). I think there are dozens of ways he could have harmed Cooper if he was set on doing so that would have been less traumatic and severe than this.

Taking him to breakfast and having a great Daddy and son bonding breakfast in front of lots of witnesses to vouch that Dad was in a great mood and "obviously loved his son dearly" just seems like part of a plan to me.

Are you aware that LE doesn't think this was a "plan" - but rather, horribly neglectful thought processing that ended in a death for neglectful care?

Do you have a link to support this claim? Because I am not aware of anything of the sort.

I think those are questions we would ALL like answers to...

I don't need a motive, no intent required.
At a bare minimum he neglected his child to death.

The search for how long it takes a animal to die in a hot car...

How can you forget a two year old you had breakfast with a few minutes before?
No way was that child quiet. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking him to breakfast and having a great Daddy and son bonding breakfast in front of lots of witnesses to vouch that Dad was in a great mood and "obviously loved his son dearly" just seems like part of a plan to me.

And that is the part that truly breaks my heart.....a toddler so trusting....

I'm still unsure regarding the intent issue and I don't think they have evidence to support it. Doesn't add up. Other than an Internet search that they don't know (as of now) when it was entered, there is nothing to imply his actions were calculated or premeditated as far as causing his sons death. Taking him to breakfast just to kill him? And taking him inside the restaurant to be seen with him to boot. Now if they hadn't paid the daycare bill and couldn't afford to pay it so Ross decided to keep in the car and he fed him to keep him happy and leave him to sleep thinking he would be ok that would almost make more sense. Everything just seems so senseless and far removed from this man's known character. I just keep thinking it had to have been an accident and like a fool he didnt want to admit to people he left the kid in the car and that he died on his watch. If the child is already dead and you are the only one who knows you can try to convince yourself of anything. Clearly he wouldn't have been in his right mind. His actions at the scene at the very least reflect a desperate man filled with fear,anger and at times sorrow. I think he should go to jail I just can't get on board with him setting out to purposely kill his child. If this was a man with a plan I highly doubt he would be flipping out on police to the point of them having to cuff him and out him in a car for close to 90 mins ( as reported I believe on JVM). I think there are dozens of ways he could have harmed Cooper if he was set on doing so that would have been less traumatic and severe than this.

But, but, but....... did he really forget his baby was in the car 2 minutes after leaving chikfila ? He left the building ,went to his car to put SOMETHING inside and didnt smell an odor? sorry im calling bs/

What LindaNJ said is a lot of what I am thinking at this moment. Got to admit.

Even if he didn't notice at noon, he would have noticed at 4:15 when he got in his car... and NOT have waited until a couple miles down the road. Considering LE said the car stank to high heaven.

That one guy did, that's true.

I'm looking at this in its totality. This is a dad who by all accounts is a wonderful guy, there don't seem to be any issues with him or his family, and it seems clear to me he couldn't have seen the baby in the back seat at lunch.

Shortly after driving off in his car, he clearly noticed something was VERY wrong and pulled off the road into the mall parking lot.

It's surprising to me sometimes what people do not notice. It's surprising to me what people can forget and be unaware of.

But to me, the other scenarios are more implausible. That this loving father purposely killed his child, or that he went to the car and noticed his child was dead and then went back to work for 4 hours and staged that he THEN found him dead (as opposed to finding him dead at noon which would be fully as incriminating - so working for 4 hours and then staging the exact same outcome doesn't make sense).

Those scenarios are MORE implausible than the one where he bizarrely forgot his child (in one of the major scenarios of kidsandcars, adding a stop to his routine) and also didn't see him in the back seat facing backwards at noon, and then it took him short while to smell the smell when he drove away at four.

When I have to consider what seems the most plausible, accidentally forgetting him, not noticing him at noon and then driving off and not noticing a smell for a minute or two is the most plausible.

You have to work too hard - in my opinion - to make the other situations rational.

Was there evidence of prior physical child abuse on this toddler (i.e. cigarette burns, bruises) noted at the crime scene?

Was there insurance on this child and are the parents in debt?

Was there any sort of odd, criminal, or deviant behavior in this Dad's youth (torturing cats, runaway, starting fires, etc)?

Does the Dad have gambling debts or drug addiction?

At the press conference, the information officer said this was a fluid ongoing investigation and he would not answer to specifics of the case. The police seem to be holding their cards close to their vest to ensure this case is handled with the utmost care. Based on his wording and the other officer reports, there's a lot they know and haven't made public (can't remember if it was same presses or not, but he even said as much).

The arrest warrants states JRH "did place" his child in the car seat. From that, I infer they were seen out of the vehicle at some point while at the Chick-Fil-A.

Or it could just be the father's own account, could it not?

Are you aware that LE doesn't think this was a "plan" - but rather, horribly neglectful thought processing that ended in a death for neglectful care?

I didn't hear that at the press conference at all.

From what I can see the police do believe this was planned. In some fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper