GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What to make of this quote; no search???

Police . . . are frustrated with rumors circulating around the case.

"You wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE on Thursday. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father, Justin Ross Harris, did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car.

"There is a lot of speculation and a lot of innuendo," Bowman said. "We are not releasing anything of evidentiary value. Our detectives are working tirelessly and with due diligence to make sure this case is not tainted, and that we're able to get an impartial jury."

http://www.people.com/article/toddl...er-police-respond-false-reports#disqus_thread

link => http://www.people.com/article/toddl...er-police-respond-false-reports#disqus_thread

from link => Police...are frustrated with rumors circulating around the case.

you wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car.

=================

The internet search never happened. just a stupid rumor.

I don't know if I would say it never happened yet. But I am not laying my money on it. I think that again there is a lot of rumor and speculation because they want this guy to be a monster. It sells more advertising.

What to make of this quote; no search???

Police . . . are frustrated with rumors circulating around the case.

"You wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE on Thursday. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father, Justin Ross Harris, did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car.

"There is a lot of speculation and a lot of innuendo," Bowman said. "We are not releasing anything of evidentiary value. Our detectives are working tirelessly and with due diligence to make sure this case is not tainted, and that we're able to get an impartial jury."

http://www.people.com/article/toddl...er-police-respond-false-reports#disqus_thread

I think the best thing we can do is stick with the timeline and work with that and not include anything else.

I am curious about the quote that said the police can not say that the child was in the car at 9 am. That is odd to me.

Wow, how did I miss this?

Can someone give me the best link to get up to speed on this case?

The Media Thread should get you caught up pretty well...

see Post # 1 or 2 on this thread for link to the Media Thread...

HTH...:seeya:

I can't find it either. Though since the trialthatshallnotbenamed, I stopped trusting people saying "it's smells like a damn dead body in there" as evidence. Proved to be irrelevant :(

I linked in the last thread to the newscast that contained LE saying it smelled and that was the first thing that made them suspect.

I think the best thing we can do is stick with the timeline and work with that and not include anything else.

I am curious about the quote that said the police can not say that the child was in the car at 9 am. That is odd to me.

They have since said they believe he was. I don't believe they had the corroborative proof of the breakfast at that time.

I linked in the last thread to the newscast that contained LE saying it smelled and that was the first thing that made them suspect.

I don't believe it. I am looking and seeing a lot of articles and none of them mention the smell. Not by police. Not by anyone official.

I don't believe it. I am looking and seeing a lot of articles and none of them mention the smell. Not by police. Not by anyone official.

Watch the video, it's two LE sources to Randy Travis. This was discussed (whether there was a link to anything re smell) for a few pages in the previous thread

link => http://www.people.com/article/toddl...er-police-respond-false-reports#disqus_thread

from link => Police...are frustrated with rumors circulating around the case.

you wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car.

=================

The internet search never happened. just a stupid rumor.
BBM

Check out gitana1's link above.... afaik, the police never denied this. I was thinking this "search" is what made them think this was not an accident ?
On one hand, msm has sure "run" with this, and I expect they are more accurate than if I were to say something.
:moo:

Watch the video, it's two LE sources to Randy Travis. This was discussed (whether there was a link to anything re smell) for a few pages in the previous thread

According to Randy Travis and his sources? That is not official and sorry I am not counting that.

They have since said they believe he was. I don't believe they had the corroborative proof of the breakfast at that time.
RSBM

They must have video proof of the two of them at the restaurant ; and also security vid. of Mr Harris putting Cooper back into the suv after breakfast.
Best detectives in this day and age are security cameras.
:moo:

When you search now it comes up with a lot of fake ones. I have not found a real one yet.

I have not looked for the real one lately. (Wish I had bookmarked it! I will try and find it again.) I did look at it when the news first broke. Not a whole lot on there, I think his settings didn't allow for much to show publicly.

I have not looked for the real one lately. (Wish I had bookmarked it! I will try and find it again.) I did look at it when the news first broke. Not a whole lot on there, I think his settings didn't allow for much to show publicly.

I just don't buy it. I think it is just more rumor.

You may be right.

Exactly. Why wasn't the mother called?

I;m so confused. The video shows nice photos of Vic Reynolds with his family. Is it a hit peice or an ad in favor of him?

Most legal eagles I talk to belief it had everything to do with sequestration and not the lack of direct evidence. There is a reason judges are trending away from sequestration since that verdict. (Jodi Arias, Jerry Sandusky, George Huguely). Six weeks confined. They just wanted to go home. Several more weeks for a penalty phase was more than they could stand.

For those wanting the direct article from New York Daily News stating the internet search was in the days prior to the death, here it is:

http://nydn.us/1iG48BO
If you listen carefully, it's deceptive. You think the ad is in favor of Vic Reynolds with his smiling family, but it's really a hit piece.

When you search now it comes up with a lot of fake ones. I have not found a real one yet.

He had one that was taken down shortly after his arrest. I also saw his wife's Facebook which I can't find now either.

Always My Opinion Only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads