GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I could if that was what was going on at the house I was speaking of but it wasn't. Now,I can tell you that the people across the street take their kids to daycare at 8:45 am. The father is the one who takes them. They live there with his parents his wife and 2 kids. The grandfather is a school teacher.
Allgedly their a/c recently broke. If the landlord needed to bring someone in to fix it, I can see the dad telling him that the two alternate days.
Perhaps the dad wanted to be there for the repair.
I duno.
The only person I see saying he "thought" they had just moved there was the property manager, who doesn't even work on the property and wouldn't know much about renters, as he would deal with owners.

http://mdjonline.com/pages/full_sto...s+death &id=25315347&instance=home_lead_story

"Sean Rucker, the property’s manager, said he believed the couple had recently moved in to their condo, which they were renting..

http://wynnesridge.org/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=18
moo

both of the addresses are in the warrant. I'm not sure why there's so much controversy about how far apart the locations are.

I don't, either. They've been pretty clear that it was a couple of minutes and 2/10 of a mile. With warrants and statements.

:floorlaugh: If you and I have both thought the same things as typing things into Google, we CAN'T be the only ones....

Although, can you imagine a Nancy Grace-type prosecutor??? "Sooooo.... You are telling me that you want THIS JURY to BELIEVE that you are some kind of DETECTIVE on the world.wide.WEB? And this was some sort of voluntary RE-SEARCH? Puh - leese. Do NOT insult the intelligence of the jury afforded you by the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America!! And do NOT insult ME! Judge, just cut her mic! I'm through with this witness!"

Don't worry, I'll vouch for ya.

I will SO be screaming "but look at the cases I was following during that time period!!!" "those searches make total sese in context to my other online activities!" and I will back you up about what I was disccusing in commen with y'all at the time :)

WSB radio is replaying the segment from earlier today right now.

Always My Opinion Only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am trying to listen but thus far no luck. I may have seen your reminder too late as I am in different time zone. dang it!

Also, Scarlett, it's in msm that Officer Bowman wonders where it came from that the defendant searched for how long it takes a dog to die in a hot car. So, for WS purposes, it's an established fact that Officer Bowman doesn't know where that allegation came from. So if Officer Bowman doesn't know it came from LE and it's reported in the MSM that he doesn't know it came from LE, it's a rumor under the TOS imo

Correnct, Bowman says he wonders where some of this stuff comes from. The reporter then paraphrases that that comment is in reference to specific alleged "leaks" from LE

Officer Bowman didn't confirm it nor did he deny it.
He said I don't know where it came from.
I'm sure he would love to know WHO leaked it.
All IMO

BBM I agree

I will SO be screaming "but look at the cases I was following during that time period!!!" "those searches make total sese in context to my other online activities!" and I will back you up about what I was disccusing in commen with y'all at the time :)

Am trying to listen but thus far no luck. I may have seen your reminder too late as I am in different time zone. dang it!

Correnct, Bowman says he wonders where some of this stuff comes from. The reporter then paraphrases that that comment is in reference to specific alleged "leaks" from LE

BBM I agree

click the listen live at the top center

I know little of the rigor process so I have to ask- stiff legs and his position is enough to qualify as full rigor?

I wish they released time of death

BBM

Simple answer.....yes. Given the time & temp & humidity, flexibility would have PROBABLY ended after 3 hours postmortem.

The lactic acid build up in his muscles would have been elevated IF he struggled/fought before death.

Also another "clue" as to death timing, rigidity of the eyelids happens first.

If you want to listen to the WSB radio segment with Erik Erickson with panel of reporters and legal expert you can also download the WSB radio app to listen. Started at 11 pm est

Always My Opinion Only!

Allgedly their a/c recently broke. If the landlord needed to bring someone in to fix it, I can see the dad telling him that the two alternate days.
I duno.
The only person I see saying he "thought" they had just moved there was the property manager, who doesn't even work on the property and wouldn't know much about renters, as he would deal with owners.

http://mdjonline.com/pages/full_sto...s+death &id=25315347&instance=home_lead_story

"Sean Rucker, the property’s manager, said he believed the couple had recently moved in to their condo, which they were renting..

moo
cont'd

"Saini, the landlord, said he last spoke with Harris on Sunday, and that Harris, who goes by the name Ross, was happily looking toward the future. He was anticipating a promotion and raise at Home Depot, which would enable Harris to buy a house in a nice neighborhood. Harris and his wife were already scouting out houses on the Internet, favoring the East Cobb area because of its good schools. They expected to start visiting them in a few weeks.

Wednesday’s tragedy changed all that.

Harris and his wife alternated days for dropping off Cooper at the day care, Saini said.
http://hosted2.ap.org/RIPRJ/3762489...014-06-19/id-740442b2c6408699d4eec51eef816280

This was reported June 19th around 10am.

I haven't seen anything documented in MSM as to when or how often the mom took the child or picked him up.
I will lok for that.
moo

I duno.

moo

I get 1.85 miles in mapquest, but it's close enough to not matter imo

[modsnip]

Map showing chick-fil-a and satellite HD bldg (pin). Obviously the huge white bldgs are the HD Hdqtrs.

click the listen live at the top center

I did, it made me register and I still can't hear it :( Maybe there will be a replay option?

Hearing commercial for loan modification now :( Pretty sure I missed it.

Thanks for this, Salem, but it's kind of difficult when certain posters keep saying things that they believe are rumors, when they definitely are not. Especially when 2 LEO's (through a well-respected reporter) say so.

It's fine. You don't have to believe they are rumors. You may form your own opinion based on your interpretation of the available information and skip the rest. It's all good.

Salem

Now its traffic and weather

No. IMO most landlords that rent out condos, don't live there.
My first property was a condo, I lived in for five years. it's now a rental property. I don't live there.
Most of the people that were my neighbors have done the same.

That's how it is at Wynne's Ridge. I was just trying to tell what I know, because I grew up 3 miles from there.
I'm moving on sorry.

We are closed for a few minutes. There are a LOT of alerts on this thread. Everybody take a break and catch your breath while I clean up.

Salem

just wanted to throw this out there. We all should be cautious about something I learned my lesson on. The google search does indeed pull up the Bolded text above. But the business about the smell of death does NOT originate from the article. It comes from the comment section beneath the article.

Search engines do not discriminate between the body of the published doc and the comments beneath it.

So if you google or bing the words Harris heat death smell, you will get all sorts of hits that seem to indicate the article described will contain that text. Notsomuch :( Like I said lesson I learned the hard way.

I still say where there is this much smoke there is fire. Just waiting for the details to come out in trial.

ETA the comment was made by someone with initials M c and was made on June 26th and discusses a time her father found a dead body and the odor associated and quotes Randy Travis from Fox-5 said police said Harris had to have smelled it. HTH

ETAA sorry forgot to add link to story that searching google associates with the bolded above http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...s-toddler-died-from-heat?instance=home_viewed

The reporter talks about the smell in one of the videos. I'm looking for the video now.

Salem

In this video, at about 0:43 reporter says LE says car reeked. http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/clip/10303559/child-death-investigation

They did not, but they have said that it's 2/10 of a mile and did say that it was a matter of minutes. (I will look for that link.)

I do think forgetting a child in a car CAN happen, but I don't think it has to or should. I think it happens to all walks of life, but they all have one thing in common. They aren't slowing down to think of their child first, and their priorities are negligently out of place. I think there should be no tolerance and it should be a crime every single time a child dies or is severely injured in a hot car. This case shows gross negligence and IMO can't be compared to other cases.

I was just curious. I can see how it can happen even to the most responsible people. I think everyone expirences auto pilot moments and other variables can interfer with the flow etc. I also agree some people are more preoccupied then they need to be. Trouble is they don't think they are and that's where the danger comes in. I for example have severe ADHD that I have always needed medication. I have to be super careful to take my time in order to stay on task and keep myself and family safe. My brain moves on to the next thing on my list as I'm still doing something even if the task is not completed. Sometimes just thinking triggers 4 others thoughts and I may or may not return to the initial topic. Small example - getting out of the shower yet leaving the water running all day long because in my head its done. I've showered and my brain is on to the next thing I need to do with no thought of shutting off the water. True story! Its constant chaos in my head unmedicated and 50% better medicated. But I know this about myself so I make sure to take my medication and have developed strategies and coping skills to avoid major issues brought on by my bunk brain. I'm OCD basically when it comes to my children and their safety. This means I have to follow very specific routines to insure I'm not careless or loose focus. If I'm in a situation that calls for spontaneity I really have to go slow and take my time. I bring this up because I equate it to what it must feel be like for someone who takes on to much, is preoccupied, busy, distracted, comfortable and caught up in the hussle and bustle of daily life assuming nothing bad will come of rushing and living this way. Its easy to think once you are in the car doing the same thing you do every morning going through the motions subconciously but most people don't account for the danger of mixing things up and how that affects their mental " cruise control". This is where mistakes happen and I can understand how fast and easily it can happen. It is an excuse but i can see it. That being said I have a hard time deciding where and when an accident becomes criminal. Its not always black and white for me.

Okay - we are open again. Please don't bicker. Agree to disagree, or just ignore and scroll and roll okay?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member