GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. So what did the police dismiss as rumors in that press conference? Was it reported that he had in fact performed such searches, when in reality the truth was he had told them that and they thus have seized the computer to see if it's true? I figured that might explain it - that it wasn't confirmed yet.

IMO, police are not giddy about admitting leaks, accidental or not. They answered with a non answer and moved on from the question. Pretty standard, from my point of view.

For me this is gut reaction from a parent who just realized his child is there and not breathing.
If he is innocent I can see this being a thought that the child was choking. IT seems to me to be a reasonable reaction to the sight of his child.

I'm still :fence:

But I need to see what is reasonable and what is not.

The problem is, RH has already admitted to researching 'hot cars' and kids dying in them. And he has admitted that he was afraid that might happen to his family. So how can he claim he did not know what was wrong with Coop when he found him in the steaming hot car at 4 pm? :liar:

Was it RH's regular routine to drop off Cooper at daycare before work everyday? Wouldn't he have a sort of 'relationship' with the employees there who know Cooper? I just can't see forgetting to drop him off. JMO

And he missed the fact his car reeked, his baby was stiff and blue?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget he had researched the subject on the net so would really be aware of the consequences.

For me this is gut reaction from a parent who just realized his child is there and not breathing.

If he is innocent I can see this being a thought that the child was choking. IT seems to me to be a reasonable reaction to the sight of his child.

I'm still :fence:

But I need to see what is reasonable and what is not.

I'm having a hard time looking past the fact that RH had researched exactly what would happen to a child in a hot car. I'm sure his research showed it takes a lot less than 7 hours. Let alone all the other gruesome things that were likely going on in that car that don't happen when choking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One more post...things I would like to know...if he forgot he was in the car...then why didn't he leave work in the direction of the daycare? If he wasn't suppose to pick him up then what time was mom picking him up...if it was earlier then this says a lot...where did he park that day...I've asked that though...what was item placed in car? He's a big guy in a smaller car...would he be rather close to baby? Would his positioning in car give a different viewing advantage to rear view into back seat? I'm short 5'1...would I see same view? What happens to body during hypothermia? Would he vomit? And so on...so many more questions.

Don't forget he had researched the very experience on the net so would really be aware of the consequences.

And I guess he forgot to research how much TIME it would take for a child to die in a hot vehicle. JMO

We also have just a taste of the case-just enough to get the warrants. They popped bio dad right away after his interview. LE was shocked and distressed. Little man appears to have been in full rigor and was undoubtedly soiled after such a distressing, cruel death.

The cherry for me is the self serving (jmo) phone call into the funeral. The service should have been about Cooper and dad should have had enough self control not to deflect from that. But he made himself a centerpiece. And then he told the story of the dream he had prior to Coopers death.

We will see how this unfolds, but so far it is enough for me to believe that they should be holding tight to dad.

I want to reiterate I am working from the possibilities. Not from what I know or think absolutely. I am still weighing it all.

I think if a parent snapped to the realization that their child was in the back of the car, Innocently, And saw their child blue, They would think they were choking. I don't think the first thought would be my child is dead. Parents are usually in full denial if their child dies. I can see this if he really is innocent, and this was a true accident.

Maybe that would be true if they found their child blue 5 minutes after leaving them there. But 7 hours later, in 99* heat, a parent is not going to know why the kid is dead?

It always has to be kept in mind though that it's not who has the better story - the burdens are not equal. It's about the evidence the prosecution put forth to prove the charges specified - the jury can disregard the stories of both or either if they want, and pick their own story. The only required question is whether or not the evidence supports the charge beyond a reasonable doubt. If the prosecution went with deliberate murder and the defense went with total accident, the jury could think that it was accidental/negligent death staged to look like an accident, and either pick a lesser charge if it were available or acquit.
I really don't think this will be dumbed down to a lesser charge lol.

The problem is, RH has already admitted to researching 'hot cars' and kids dying in them. And he has admitted that he was afraid that might happen to his family. So how can he claim he did not know what was wrong with Coop when he found him in the steaming hot car at 4 pm? :liar:

I don't see how the research itself means anything.

Maybe that would be true if they found their child blue 5 minutes after leaving them there. But 7 hours later, in 99* heat, a parent is not going to know why the kid is dead?

I can just see the first reaction and the realization and just blocking it out and still looking for a way the child could be alive.

I want to reiterate I am working from the possibilities. Not from what I know or think absolutely. I am still weighing it all.

I think if a parent snapped to the realization that their child was in the back of the car, Innocently, And saw their child blue, They would think they were choking. I don't think the first thought would be my child is dead. Parents are usually in full denial if their child dies. I can see this if he really is innocent, and this was a true accident.

But after 7-8 hours in the heat, I think a parent would have to know the child was deceased.

And I guess he forgot to research how much TIME it would take for a child to die in a hot vehicle. JMO

And temperature .. ...

Like following a recipie

We also have just a taste of the case-just enough to get the warrants. They popped bio dad right away after his interview. LE was shocked and distressed. Little man appears to have been in full rigor and was undoubtedly soiled after such a distressing, cruel death.

The cherry for me is the self serving (jmo) phone call into the funeral. The service should have been about Cooper and dad should have had enough self control not to deflect from that. But he made himself a centerpiece. And then he told the story of the dream he had prior to Coopers death.
We will see how this unfolds, but so far it is enough for me to believe that they should be holding tight to dad.

What bothered me about it was that the MOM allowed him to be the centerpiece. This is what really raised my questions about them being possibly complicit.

And now today with the report that the mom also researched hot car deaths... I think they might be closing in on the mom, too, IMO.

Was wondering if anyone else had seen that... I posted a link above, too
We've been talking about it all day. Maybe you didn't read thread #4? I think it might be in the links thread, as well. Lots of great info there. :)

Didn't get back to the other thread in time:

Groom's cakes are not exclusive to the South. I live in No. CA. When I planned my own wedding 20 years ago, I learned about them in a wedding planner book and decided I wanted one. I picked the flavor- chocolate with raspberry filling and the theme- bride & groom Godzillas on the top and DH loved it! Everyone got it eat it. It turned out better than my wedding cake- which they did screw up because they didn't listen to what I wanted!

Oh linask it's been ruff on this thread. We've been food fighting with that groom cake. Lol

ciao

Dear Law Student:
I don't know exactly how to get this across to you-but new parents usually fall literally in love with their children. That said, none of these type parents would ever ever not take care of their child minute to minute.

Leaving morality out of it for a second, it's just a reality that being with your child minute to minute is a modern luxury of developed countries. If you live somewhere where you are concerned with walking miles getting food and water every day, your toddler is probably not monitored 24/7. The modern US way of parenting is the exception, not the norm, and the average American has way more education and resources to do it than most. Plus, people do incredibly stupid things and kill themselves and loved ones all the time, and always have. Loving someone, or even just yourself, doesn't give you the knowledge to do the best thing automatically.

Obviously humans are more capable of intelligent thought, but I keep seeing cases of baby deer and bunnies being brought to authorities because their mom left them. Turns out, mom is around - she just is off eating most of the day, because that's what they do. People seem to be applying this school of thought to animals now - if you love your kids, you don't leave them where a predator or car could get to them. Unfortunately, that's not practical or innate like we pretend, when it comes to most natural environments,. Despite maternal instinct, an agitated rabbit often eats her first few litters accidentally until she "gets the hang of it." Nature generally creates a strong maternal bond, but it's not as certain as we like to portray it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13