GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the research was the probable cause that led to his arrest. JMO

I don't see how the research itself means anything.

Well I do not believe in this type of coincidence; this sort of death is very rare, overall. If he had researched how many children die while strapped into car seats, or in car accidents overall, maybe I would buy it. Those types of accidents are something many parents might research. But this is a specific search for a very rare cause of death and then it happens?

Something that I wonder about: At any time would he have been required to perform an over-the-shoulder check while driving? Like backing out of a spot, changing lanes, etc. Even if for a short drive. If he had pulled in to his spot at the Chic-Fil-A or work, wouldn't he have seen Cooper in his rear view mirror or noticed him during a shoulder check when leaving? Things we wouldn't know unless we were there, but occurred to me as more opportunities for him to have noticed his son's presence.

He lied. imo

Sometimes it's just that simple folks.

The smell would have hit him the second he opened the door.

But he needed an audience. What good is a performance without one????

So he drove to find one ...

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. It would be really boring if we all agreed all the time.

I think just about everyone here at Websleuths wants justice for the most part. Most are victim advocates.

IMO

In every case, though, we have family members, or family friends, who are very invested in the case and in their belief in an accused person, and it can tarnish their opinion. I honestly am not sure how I would feel in the situation - would I lose my perspective and see things the way I wanted them to be? Idk. But I think these people can make us see a different side of the accused or of the situation.

WAIT a minute. He KNEW by that time that his child was sitting in that heatbox for 7 hrs. So why would he think he was blue from 'choking'?

:twocents::twocents: Yep...that time frame and his previous "research" are HUGE red flags to me...not to mention that this young child's eyes would NOT be flickering nor would his body be exhibiting any types of physical motion!

Choking sequence results in very active movement of the sufferer.

Something that I wonder about: At any time would he have been required to perform an over-the-shoulder check while driving? Like backing out of a spot, changing lanes, etc. Even if for a short drive. If he had pulled in to his spot at the Chic-Fil-A or work, wouldn't he have seen Cooper in his rear view mirror or noticed him during a shoulder check when leaving? Things we wouldn't know unless we were there, but occurred to me as more opportunities for him to have noticed his son's presence.

I have the same vehicle. I can see a child in the center seat when I look in my mirror and he is a foot taller than me.

I want to reiterate I am working from the possibilities. Not from what I know or think absolutely. I am still weighing it all.

I think if a parent snapped to the realization that their child was in the back of the car, Innocently, And saw their child blue, They would think they were choking. I don't think the first thought would be my child is dead. Parents are usually in full denial if their child dies. I can see this if he really is innocent, and this was a true accident.

But he couldn't see Cooper's face when he told people "he was just choking a few minutes ago."

What does everyone make of LE saying they can't be sure Cooper was even in the car at 9:00 am? I am wondering about possible 2nd party involvement. Maybe we have it backwards thinking mom is trying to cover for dad. Just a thought.

But after 7-8 hours in the heat, I think a parent would have to know the child was deceased.

JMO I think he knew at lunch and I really wonder if he went out to check to see if the deed was done. I've had left overs in my car that smelled after one hour. I would never leave a living breathing person or animal in a hot car. If I had after researching what could happen, I couldn't be shocked of the outcome. When he opened that car door at 4pm I can't believe he didn't know CH was there. Maybe he was in shock or denial, even if that were the case he should have been yelling and screaming right then. But if he was really thinking about this, he wouldn't want to make that scene at his place of work. An office that would still be full at 4pm, of people who would know him and his behavior that day. But eerily he goes to a shopping center that will be less busy at 4pm while people are still at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.parents.com/baby/safety/car/danger-of-hot-car-for-children/

" Edwards brought Jenna back to the van and strapped her into her rear-facing car seat. "I was talking and singing to her," she recalls. "Five minutes into the drive Jenna started to sing in this little voice she uses when she's sleepy. I had a child-safety mirror, and when I looked in it I could see that she was going to fall asleep." Edwards thought about how much she wanted Jenna to stay asleep and finish her morning nap once she got to the babysitter's. "In a very detailed way, I visualized getting there, walking around to the backseat door, unbuckling her straps, getting her out very gingerly, and covering her ears so the babysitter's door wouldn't wake her. I pictured myself saying to the babysitter, 'Jenna's sleeping. Can I lay her in the crib?'"

For the next 15 minutes, Edwards drove toward the babysitter's. But instead of driving past her workplace and traveling another half block to the sitter's house on the next street, she pulled into her office parking lot. "I parked my car," she recalls. "My bags were in the front seat. I walked around and I got them out, and I went in to work" -- leaving Jenna in the car on a 92°F day for the next seven hours."

It is just not as crazy as it seems. It happens. It just happens. Tragically.

OK was there a diaper bag or something else of Cooper's in the vehicle or was it just Cooper in his seat?? No bottles or toys, diapers, etc? How could he miss that?????

This is not a hard one for me. If he saw his child was not breathing, To assume he was choking is not far from what a parent might think.

Children choke silently. It was not like he was claiming the child was screaming, He saw the child was blue and thought he is choking.

This makes sense to me.

This post made me think more on something ...
In light of recent (today) developments... and in lack of further developments -- I'm going to tread lightly here --

(I hope I haven't missed someone else touching on this while trying to speed-catch-up with the thread)

Has the thought crossed anyone's mind that HE might be covering for someone else? Was he SEEN taking Cooper into Chick-Fil-A? Was he SEEN buckling Cooper back into the carseat AT THAT LOCATION? I'm trying to remember, please help me -- was that what he STATED happened or was that something that was verified as fact?

That HE might have truly "noticed" on his way home from work, put some pieces together in his mind as to various comments and web searches that might have occurred over the past few days, and volunteered that HE did the searches himself?

Outside of this, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have considered that it might have been a joint effort and that HE is not solely responsible.

*** Of course, the other thought I had was that Dad was frequently forgetful/negligent and perhaps Mom googled this in an effort to demonstrate to Dad that he better "get with it"????

He knew his son was dead. He had researched how long it would take.

Sometimes it's just that simple folks.

The smell would have hit him the second he opened the door.

But he needed an audience. What good is a performance without one????

So he drove to find one ...

All IMO

Exactly. Notice he didn't drive to the nearest ER. There must be a hospital somewhere nearby. He also made sure he wasn't the one who made the 911 call, which is obviously recorded, and will likely be played in court.

This post made me think more on something ...
In light of recent (today) developments... and in lack of further developments -- I'm going to tread lightly here --

(I hope I haven't missed someone else touching on this while trying to speed-catch-up with the thread)

Has the thought crossed anyone's mind that HE might be covering for someone else? Was he SEEN taking Cooper into Chick-Fil-A? Was he SEEN buckling Cooper back into the carseat AT THAT LOCATION? I'm trying to remember, please help me -- was that what he STATED happened or was that something that was verified as fact?

That HE might have truly "noticed" on his way home from work, put some pieces together in his mind as to various comments and web searches that might have occurred over the past few days, and volunteered that HE did the searches himself?

Outside of this, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have considered that it might have been a joint effort and that HE is not solely responsible.

*** Of course, the other thought I had was that Dad was frequently forgetful/negligent and perhaps Mom googled this in an effort to demonstrate to Dad that he better "get with it"????

It was in the warrant that he took Cooper in for breakfast at that specific location, and then put him in his rear facing seat. I don't police would state that as a fact in the warrant, if they had not corroborated the information. JMO.

Leaving morality out of it for a second, it's just a reality that being with your child minute to minute is a modern luxury of developed countries. If you live somewhere where you are concerned with walking miles getting food and water every day, your toddler is probably not monitored 24/7. The modern US way of parenting is the exception, not the norm, and the average American has way more education and resources to do it than most. Plus, people do incredibly stupid things and kill themselves and loved ones all the time, and always have. Loving someone, or even just yourself, doesn't give you the knowledge to do the best thing automatically.

Obviously humans are more capable of intelligent thought, but I keep seeing cases of baby deer and bunnies being brought to authorities because their mom left them. Turns out, mom is around - she just is off eating most of the day, because that's what they do. People seem to be applying this school of thought to animals now - if you love your kids, you don't leave them where a predator or car could get to them. Unfortunately, that's not practical or innate like we pretend, when it comes to most natural environments,. Despite maternal instinct, an agitated rabbit often eats her first few litters accidentally until she "gets the hang of it." Nature generally creates a strong maternal bond, but it's not as certain as we like to portray it.

Well, people aren't like deer, or bunnies. Not in the least bit. Not even related in any meaningful way. Comparing us to other primates would be a lot more relevant. Gorillas and chimps (our closest ancestors) take care to keep their babies cared for and safe. They carry them around, keep them close, or leave them with "babysitters" and older siblings in the group to care for if they need to venture far.

He knew his son was dead. He had researched how long it would take.

And waited until the hottest day to do it.

We are still waiting on confirmation he didn't park in his usual covered spot, instead the other side if the building in full sun.

IMO

let's say a child tragically "accidentally" died after drowning or ingesting poison.

If that child's parents told police

"well golly gee, we were JUST researching 'how long does a child have to stay under water before they drown?"

or

"well golly gee, we were JUST researching 'how much poison does it take to kill a child?"

We would all be screaming for their heads.

Cooper died in a hot car and his parents allegedly told police:

well golly gee, we were JUST researching what temperatures and amount of time in a hot car can lead to a child's death.

IMO, this is very damning evidence and given any other scenario, nobody would question it shows intent.

Seriously do these people expect anyone to believe that they never heard of a child dying from being left in a car? Especially living in the hot south. This isn't something you need to google, it's comon sense that if you leave a child in a car for even an hr or 2 or 7 hrs. they will die, or have a devastating injury. The fact that the mother admitted she also searched the same thing(the LE would have caught it) just gives me the chills.

And who are these people that gives a person charged with felony murder of his 22 month old son who calls into the funeral a standing ovation? Me being shocked is an understatement.:banghead: I didn't read everything he said. Did he mention Cooper at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214